[Open] House of Cards

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Open] House of Cards

Post by Myra Lee Ferreira on Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:31 am

I soak in the mellow splashing pond of late arriving Spring sunlight, reclining in a retractable rocking chair with a small transistor radio in my pocket. The sweet song of Simon and Garfunkel whispers through the airwaves and miniature speakers. The live rendition of "For Emily, Wherever I Might Find Her". Stirring, emotive, soaring, gliding through the skies, an albatross spreading its impressive wings that bathes the valley in shadow. A respite from the fire or a interlude to the only source of light and warmth in one's life. Winter is the fleeting shadow under the albatross's wide embrace; face toward the sun and receive now but let us not get lost in heaven. Illumination comes in passages, stages, courses and ages - the exception falling onto seers, brandishing their madness, a searing wisdom as sharp and cutting as a whip heated in the sun-baked plantation soil.

A girl stares up at me and I could see the shine of her teeth. I wave my hand in response, timidly, unsure. I smile. The burgundy cobble of the campus walkways and the dazzling limestone shine in an eerily beautiful incandescence, dazzling from under the tree.

Last edited by Myra Lee Ferreira on Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Myra Lee Ferreira

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] House of Cards

Post by Izumi Inaba on Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:15 am

Weary eyes glean the surroundings, those of myself not yet awoken from my sleep. That, whilst being perceptibly awake to anyone else would be cause for a diagnosis of delirium. At the least, one of hypochondria. The joys of the heat bearing upon my skin had not done their dues this time, as I've risen only to a light stupor from my previous state. Having not any sense of time, the activity around the courtyard would be that of either afternoon dismissal or midday dispersal. The details regarding that didn't truly matter, or so my lethargy would so tell me softly through my thoughts. I make my way through these familiar paths on pure instinct. I step with impunity as I reach the tree whose shade has never once left my side. One whose shadow mirrors my sight, ever mocking as a good friend would. These gallows, only imagined make themselves good companions when you're alone. Yet, there's a strange sense about this visit. Wait. How could I miss... there's a small device playing music which was initially passed out of mind as just background noise. There is someone here, surely. It's a pain to have to be so deliberate with my motions to make certain of that. No sense of stealth can ever come out having half a framed picture to see out of. An underestimation was the account of my lack of agency as a turn about the west side of the tree made known to me. There were two people around, a contrast of detail among them. One very nondescript inquisitor, seeming to ask the question he was to perhaps, of a plainness to be forgotten. To attempt to describe her would be a waste of typeface and so, vainly I will not. The other is more worthy of recording, a foreigner who seems one with the sun above. A sporting figure, supple, a masterwork of genetic assemblage. Eyes as of ravens, never seeming to have an end to the depths of them. Skin that seemed to become bound by fire to entice the eyes in its smooth even complexion, without care for the heat that beat upon it. Whatever had caused me such effect before had waned, and I was awake.

I was now aware of what I had been doing, gawking as I were, had Chiharu spotted me, 40 lashes would be the least of the damages I could expect from such a envious spite. Enough, I shall either begin an introduction or slide away off elsewhere. I didn't have much time to make this decision as now I've been spotted as the other girl departs from around her.

Izumi Inaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Myra Lee Ferreira on Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:23 am

It was in a sharp dose of realization that the girl was not smiling at me but at male adolescent with messy hair and a blank face that had a caricature of a human face stamped upon it. A surreal Hallmark card or a mask of TV show hosts. He is one with the sleep and she shoots a odd glance in my direction before the two start off into the haze of the afternoon sun. I lower my hand half-mast slowly as if for a army funeral, and finally at ease, my arm is down by my side. Limp and despondent. I stand to my full height; my eyes stare down at the ravine below. If I were to go down there, surely I would be another ghost to them but for now, I am an indication of something they themselves could not accomplish. Simply the fact that I was not sorry for myself and I had nothing to take back. My future is not being fed to the streams of the past; I waste no precious time to bury it. I never liked playing with dolls. Skeletons have been my companions, they tell me to keep on moving.

There is a boy beside me. He has two stones that lay in his sockets of a value that amounts only to a curse for him and a beautiful oddity to others. A jade from Meso-America and a ruby that was merely a diamond soaked in blood. He can see farther than the horizons most people set before themselves but it is because of this sight, he is becoming blind with a thick, hazy veil of silence and pedestrian restraint. What happens when a thunderstorm is placed in a bottle and corked? It becomes a Molotov cocktail later on in life and at its own expense, explodes and sparks the powder-keg for a revolution.

Bless him. We are akin. Our eyes meet and a sense of inevitability falls upon us with the same amount of certainty of Andromeda and the Milky Way colliding in the billions of years to come. I turn on my voice box and speak to him.

"Eu não sou como você sob disfarce, mas estou com você em geist, meu amigo. Como você a chama?"

A smooth Brazilian tongue, without a remote trace of artificiality, translates the Portuguese spoken into Japanese.

("I am not like you in guise but I am with you in geist, my friend. What are you called?")
Myra Lee Ferreira

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba on Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:40 am

In a sudden, my hand had been forced. However awake I thought myself to be, it wasn't exactly enough to avert this moment. An accent I've not ever heard until just then was what brought the realization of what I am to do now. A lump in my throat forms as I face her knowing now that I am to present myself hospitably. Be brief, be sharp, be couth, be kind. The mantra I was made to repeat until mother was satisfied with my recall brought back to me now in order to convey myself. In this moment of collection, I notice how intently I was staring. Before the situation becomes a farce I speak. "Izumi Inaba, well met."
Izumi Inaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Myra Lee Ferreira on Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:13 am

("Izumi Inaba.")

A nod accompanies my reiteration of his name when the utterance reaches my translation aid.

("Indeed. Have you come with a message, Mr. Inaba? Hmm? Or perhaps you are content with ogling a creature exotic from you as all others do. Do you bare the same jealousy? I hope not.")

Myra Lee Ferreira

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba on Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:42 am

Didn't expect to be on the back foot so quickly. I should have, knowing exactly what I had been doing but awareness without action is as if you weren't clear at all. One thing is for certain, there is no envy green anywhere to be found in my conscience. "Pardon, I know what I had been doing. I usually use this tree as a stop to rest from my daily walks. It's not common to find another already there and less so one that draws such a picture." With avowed intent, my tone betrays me following this. "I am not like my compatriots, for it is not my place to be of any judgement. It is just a sense of bewilderment that sold me out. That is my truth." Mine because whether or not it was believed, I knew that was the answer I would have given again given the scenario.
Izumi Inaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Myra Lee Ferreira on Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:31 am

With a slant of the head, I turn a good amount to regard the crimson-crowned adolescent with my full attention. He was truly a stoically withdrawn person. More so than I? Perhaps.

("Aha... This tree provides the same solace for me. But whatever do you mean by your statement in conjunction to me? Or to be bewildered. I am just a woman enjoying the view, feeling the finite minutes tick off with old music playing to calm the nerves and the mind. I am normal but that alone is a lie. I know you are not like the rest. Sit. It is too beautiful a day to stand on ceremony and teeter on the pillars of inexperience. My name is Myra Lee Ferreira. I just transfered to this school."

I sit down on the grassy hill and give the transistor radio a tentative whack to fix the white noise emanating from it.

Myra Lee Ferreira

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba on Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:12 am

Quite a shame that my complement went awry and far over with the breeze beyond. Quite a waste of breath that is, I always feel that way when misunderstood, as if it would had been better to just say it straight. No, that would be bold, I am not the one with fortune to guide one into meaning. That would mean I had resolve to begin with. As for her, she seemed to to be one who was quite confident and collected for one talking so freely with a stranger. There's a hint of suspicion I sensed earlier that reminded me not to dwell within myself too long before I get forced to riposte again. I sit a respectable distance away and to myself. Turning ever slightly, I exhale before gathering strength to speak.

"If that is all you see it as, then it is so, disregard. I've been here a year already, if there is anything you wish to know about the school, I could help. I am more versed in the outdoors, mind. I spend a majority of my time grounded with the earth here. I find interiors too encapsulating, limiting. Thus, this school has my gratitude for the freedom they grant me."
Izumi Inaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Myra Lee Ferreira on Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:15 am

It was then I shifted my body fully so that my eyes and manner made direct contact with his. Japanese societal folkways disapproves of such an action but I like my conversation to be clear and crisp for both parties. I do not approve of lowering one's self and opinion to an opium-hazed appeasement and/or resignment. Engage me. I demand to be engaged as I am engaging you.

("Disregard such an offer as you put forth; I am apt to explore. I do thank you for your courtesy. However, my young friend, why do you not speak your mind with clarity and self-assuredness in the things you are saying? Why? Come closer, Mr. Inaba. This is not how a self-respecting person holds a conversation..a gulf is a rude gap to place between to fellows speaking cordially on a hill.")

To the wind, I cast my glance; the trees flutter in the mellow breeze and the students bristle and jostle. Clouds slide sideways on the atmospheric brine that accounts for the ghost that enables life in us as it fills our lungs.

("I do not mean to accost you in such a vehement way. But I like to be engaged. Passive behavior does not do with I. I ask of you your camaraderie, not your shiftless contentment to wither within yourself.")

After this admission, comes a passage in rapid Portuguese that even the translator doesn't seem to pick up as it is muttered underneath my tongue.

Pai, peço que abençoe meu amigo que esta lendo agora! Senhor, mostra-lhes uma nova revelação de seu amor e poder. Espírito Santo, peço-lhe para ministrar para o espírito neste momento.

Onde há dor, dê-lhes sua paz & misericórdia. Onde lá é self duvidando, liberar uma confiança renovada em sua capacidade de trabalhar através deles.

Onde há cansaço, ou exaustão, peço-lhe para dar-lhes a compreensão, paciência, & força como eles aprendem a submissão ao seu líder.

Onde houver estagnação espiritual, peço-lhe para renová-los, revelando sua proximidade e desenhando-as em maior intimidade com você.

Onde há medo, revele seu amor e lançar-lhes sua coragem.

Onde há pecado bloqueá-los, revelá-lo e quebrar sua influência sobre a vida dos meus amigos.

Abençoe suas finanças, dar-lhes maior visão, levante líderes e amigos para apoiar e incentivá-los.

Cada um deles dá discernimento para reconhecer o demoníaco em torno deles e revelar-lhes o poder eles têm em você para derrotá-lo.

Peço que faça essas coisas em nome de Jesus!

No amor cristão, seu amigo em Jesus.

Amen.
Myra Lee Ferreira

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba on Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:06 am

This woman... doesn't understand anything about respect does she? Time and again, I have met with those beyond my grasp here which causes me to find only the land to be anywhere close to being hospitable. She reminds me of Daichi a bit in terms of not wanting to ever be left without themselves very well made certain. In these cases I would revert to my usual nature of openness if they so much wished to know but I am yet not entirely awake. I am more woken but not yet there to the point I could hold conversation without lapse. I heard her words but when it came to be conscious of them, I took considerable time.

"..."

I took a breath but was halted by a barrage of strange, certainly foreign words. It wasn't for me to hear but perception was more of an innate quality, one that would work even whilst pressed for much else. I understood it to be some sort of prayer by her actions. I was learned in as many religions my father had books for. He was able to get them by my mother for she could not see and didn't procure braille copies. She was at times angered with him for that but always let it slide off. The pronunciation of the words uttered kept me from any sense of clairvoyance. My expressions have changed several times during this single encounter and I could feel parts of my face that I wouldn't normally.

"May I ask why you've went and done what you just felt you must have done just now? I am this way because I overslept and I am not accustomed to feeling such fatigue. How can one, never having had to deal with such a new occurrence to them be supposed to cast it out. I apologize for what seems to be a lack of manners but I am ill, I believe."

I turn toward her so she can see how I am at that moment, as I suppose I couldn't make her act our way just because I rather want it. Again, I decide to just let out what I rather had kept to myself for lack of real need to hold it in anymore. It wasn't so important that I had to hold it in after giving consideration to it. Embarrassing, yes, quite. Should I really? No. Am I? Might as well.

"If you wish to learn why I was quite intently looking at you, it was because I found you fair and the whole deal was out of the blue. It would seem that I would have shown a different intent had I just went and said that now would it. Now that this has cleared about, allow me to make myself known again. I am Izumi Inaba, former scout, friend to nature, and assister of persons. Student of this academy and quite terribly shaken due to lack of meaningful sleep. "

Last edited by Izumi Inaba on Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Proofreading measures.)
Izumi Inaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Myra Lee Ferreira on Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:47 pm

My eyes flick upwards toward the red-headed youth.

("No...excuse my rudeness in accosting you in such a way. I really am not attempting to put any pressure upon you... My own restlessness is to blame for my inability to be calm and cordial with others from time to time. In other words, my mouth leaps and bounds like a cheetah while my mind lumbers behind in modesty and tact, a rhino or a wildebeest.")

I raise my hand up to shield my eyes from the relentless light that emanates from the sun in bursts and pulses. The rays swing through the atmosphere like samurai swords cutting through a marshy bog. I remove my blouse and rustle my shoulders as I behind to lean back further into the shade as I can, the white athletic shirt beneath already soaked in perspiration to my dismay. With a sigh, I shift my eyes to the ground with my bottom lip protruding slightly in discomfort.

("Well met, Mr. Inaba. I am Myra Lee Ferreira, murder surviver, sociological assistant to Professor Kobayashi at the University of Osaka, and avid reader and activist. It is a pleasure to meet you. I do hope that we become well-maintained companions in this journey. You have made one ill assumption of me; I am not prude to think on such things in perverted context upon first contact. I have not make-up in genetics to be prude. It is not in my blood. I thank you for your compliment. I do enjoy the color of your eyes. They must come at a price as most rare beauty does?")
Myra Lee Ferreira

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba on Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:02 pm

One would assume in a state of sleep, or is that yet another assumption? The stream that produced such rhetoric was quite dim if that was seriously a question. I've been on about this a while and for most, it would seem most rare for one to be dwelling on such marginal details. To elaborate, never in my life, honestly, truly never have I felt as if I had been strung from a most drugged sleep. A death of wit and will that occurs when one loses the aforementioned qualities in apathy or circumstance. I could believe that occurred, having once again been aware of my increasingly diminished vision, so raptured by the very objects this girl mentioned.

"I do enjoy the color of your eyes. They must come at a price as most rare beauty does?" Had humanity and every part within what comprises of it had a price, I would love to learn about it. Mother held great care for me knowing the origins of my eyes. She would go on and prove me wrong every step of the way about what a blinded woman could ever do. Whilst relegated to work, which I will hold my father responsible for (I am not so blindly unaware of his failings, he is fallible even for being such a valued loved one.), she would go above and beyond what is expected of her until she was close to wilting. To detail these marvels of labor would derail our current event and I shall save these tales for when there is more time. I will go on and state that I imagine this was the cause of her being kept an eye on so closely by father, however unneeded his intrusions were. Thus, she and I didn't keep very good relations out of not having time alone to spend, but whenever I was in her guard, I would be amazed at how she dealt accordingly with any trouble that arose with herself. I fear that when it goes, I will not have the same luxury of dexterity she had. Suffering in the dark seems a more likely tale.

The sun was one of ever increasing meddling, glaring about as a patrolman looking for vermin to fry. An eccentric one at that, returning to our scene at different angles and degrees just to mock us for sticking around. Ferreira, having already removed her blouse surprised me in the way an ignorant would, seeming as if one who came from a far off land with worse heat than here, she wouldn't need to. That sort of foolishness. As for myself, I remained with just a cold sweat from my bashfulness before. Unlike most others I have met, she speaks at a level that I wasn't accustomed to hearing from anyone else but elders and myself. It was at that moment I gathered what else she said. She was an assistant to a professor already at this age, which confuses me as she is also a student here. Being regarded that highly by someone enough to work by them is still a sign that she wasn't a usual student. As far as this conversation went, it proved that to be very true.

"..."

"...My sight. Er, My sight, that is what I must pay for what I've been born with. One of the reasons I am less affected by the glare is because I simply can not note them from my blind spots. They are slowly, ever gradually closing down upon the center of my line of sight." I face her with a coy smile on my face. "Anytime I have a chance to see quality aesthetics, I try to take it in until I've etched it in my mind. Memory is all too fickle but it will become all I have. Photographers would be beside themselves to have what I have recorded. You're there now. No copyright." I don't believe there's any harm in this, if she truly wants friendship, then friends make pithy remarks at times among themselves. Not once have I considered gender as I make remarks, although what is said differs of course. I now want to see how this is taken, just to lighten the air a bit more than the breeze.

Last edited by Izumi Inaba on Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:40 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Must remember to proofread.)
Izumi Inaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Myra Lee Ferreira on Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:21 pm

A silence descends between us as I struggle between offering some hint of consolation or a some philosophical insight that would make no difference to the thing that was to occur to Izumi. It was a sad prospect; I hated the heat that came in such situations. I hated the heat in general. I was cool-headed, cold-blooded and icy and slick in verbiage and movement. God damn the sun. I am the neutron star.

("I see. I am glad to be deemed as a beautiful aural experience for you. I like making others happy...in anyway I can. One person's pain can be equally equivalent to the same amount of pleasure for another. In that, friendship and love blooms. That is the true magic of alchemy. Or another art I have recently read on called Kintsukuroi.")
Myra Lee Ferreira

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba on Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:29 am

"That is where a vessel, having been broken is filled with silver or gold to restore it. It is used at times for moral teaching, which promotes the idea that it has become more beautiful for having been broken. Depending on one's point of view, the range of feelings can go from inspiring and reestablishing to a sort of solemn morbidity. However, as much as I will admit dreading my eventual estate, it does grant me a greater love for substance. For I will from then on, always be driven by meaning and sense. There is so much more to perceive than just with sight. The abstract. This may become worth more to me than any else forthcoming when it comes to experiences."

The sun wanted to continue mocking us, toying with us with its sadistic flare. Had it a mind to laugh it would have been chortling with depraved pleasure. It was to engulf us all eventually. Forever an ace in the galaxy. That, that, gaseous mass of heat would take revenge on us all for daring use it as a source of life. Not once had it asked for that responsibility. The fact it honestly couldn't doesn't matter to me right now, it's not letting me think at all in this pause. Shifting the blame was now the agenda on the docket as once again I shift states. How I am able to continue on is a marvel to me, truly. Yet, there I was, holding what is a conversation from a point that most likely would have gone south. I looked toward the building, and would be aggrieved to admit it, I may very well have to suggest going in. What a person I must be to cede due to limitation. The conversation was perhaps the last remaining reason I had to not gravitate toward back inside in retreat. All because of that sphere ninety-three million miles away from us. I was fine with it until it remembered where I was and gave me a right shock in terms of ignition by way of its seemingly random potshots.

"I would not want to experience even more sensitive touch having said all that. The heat has become a searing force."

Last edited by Izumi Inaba on Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:42 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : *Million, Ninety-Three Million, Million!, Million!)
Izumi Inaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Myra Lee Ferreira on Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:58 am

With a hound like ear, I listen to the adolescent speak his head with my eyes shut, savoring the feeling of my hair splayed out over the freshly thawed grass. A smile forms on the crook of my lips like a crescent moon on the God's fishing hook. It is there but barely. It is one of those things I like to keep in my tiny locked box where no one can probe.

("Let us find a retreat.")

I suggest after a while of sensitive silence. I lift myself upright from a laying position then to sitting and finally to standing. I offer him a hand up as well.

("Where shall we take refuge, our future soothsaying seer? I am quite relieved I chose a sensitive and astute person as yourself. I feel more at ease, thanks to you brethren.")
Myra Lee Ferreira

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba on Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:38 pm

I haven't an idea of what she meant by "chose", it was a chance meeting at face value. There were actions that could have been taken, various routes of averting the matter, I suppose. Wide arrays of possible outcomes made their way through my synapses as I pondered the matter. I rose, and turned my attention toward my memory of the interior of the academy. "I would normally have suggested the library, as I spend my days there whenever I am made to stay inside. The air conditioning and our current situation seem to disagree with this however. There is also the tea room where it would be quiet and cool enough for our needs. We should go there." There aren't many places I'd truly go, I disregarded one other location I would be found at times, the pool. I've risked quite enough to this point and to be found there under these circumstances is simply asking for trouble. Assumptions are made with complete disregard for intent, I know this, even now.
Izumi Inaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Myra Lee Ferreira on Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:40 am

My ears perk up in delight at the prospect of swimming in the pool but a bemused glance made its way to expression instead.

("...What happened in conjunction to the pool? I most certainly do not mind going to a quaint little room to relax and talk but I still want to understand your ambivalence towards such a splendid area.")
Myra Lee Ferreira

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba on Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:25 am

Wasn't going to disregard it as a option with the ease I'd tried for. The pool, which had been underutilized was where students could be found during the searing months from late spring to the start of school after summer. After which, if you wanted to truly be alone, it wouldn't be the worst place to hide in if you knew how to swim. What caused myself to feel this way toward it and my answer was going to differ. Was it the fact that I would be hard pressed to even move right now, out of pure lethargy or was it that I don't find it particularly simple to explain what I am doing with a girl that I just met in a pool by ourselves among other deductions?

"I went around that quite evidently." I let out some air, having to answer was going to deflate me. "Unseemly as it may, I haven't quite gotten to a point where I can effectively swim without otherwise sinking in sleep and resting in bubbles." Fffffffttttt, there's the air pressure falling sharply into turbulence.
Izumi Inaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Myra Lee Ferreira on Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:44 am

My eyes were narrowed in an expression of deadpan incredulity and I simply nodded and gestured toward the main building with a turned head.

("Lead the way to the tea room then.")
Myra Lee Ferreira

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba on Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:23 am

Still didn't get out of having to walk on clouds, motion was all the more elusive as I turned safely toward my intended destination. Through great masking, I led us through the main hall and up the stairs without tarrying to even yawn. This only lasted so long until halfway as automatic response took over and forced me into an extended emission of breath that had I poor breath, would have decimated that particular spot for a few hours, luckily, this was not so. "I am confident that once I have some black tea, I should become more vibrant. Speaking of such, you seemed more interested in the pool for some reason before, mind telling me what that was about?" I wasn't truly about to have any further small talk until I had the force of life that was caffeinated tea. Still, that did strike some interest, seeing as very few even knew that the location existed much less used it.
Izumi Inaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Myra Lee Ferreira on Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:45 pm

("I can make the brew myself if need be. I have the tea leaves themselves instead of those awful bagged ones. As for your inquiry, I have fond memories of swimming with my father back in my homeland. I have sort have acquired a penchant and joy for it; I have not been able to do it for some time until I was admitted here.")
Myra Lee Ferreira

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba on Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:39 am

"It is uncommon to see anyone even around the facility. Shame really, it's kept in very well maintained order. Very grateful that you have the true leaves on you. If it wouldn't be a bother, I'd appreciate it if you could, or at least grant me the leaves. It would do wonders right now."

We were no more than a few paces away now from the tea room. Walking didn't help matters as I thought and if I didn't have homework to begin after I am done here, I would have simply waited until I could reach a bed or anything I could turn into one. Rest, listlessly awaited me some time from now and once I would finally be able to greet it. I will be indebted to where I stayed to take responsibility for it. Even I am sloven at times and that dorm needed a good cleaning, for everything that could have been left out of order was in disarray. Clothes hung from their ends over cabinets left half-opened, paper balls filled the wastebasket and books were teetering to the edge of falling. Dust was scarce but in its place were various inklings of what either was termite leftovers or particles of a kind I hadn't even cared to study, almost like mothballs. A scene known to be masculine for its wonders of ignorance, and seen to be unbecoming for the rest of whom I've projected. A mess of the most uncaring.  Much different from the prim and proper tea room, with all things in arranged in a labored and obsessive mean. Not a cupset was amiss, the sparking of the light was to blind you upon entry as the purity of it all was to awe. To most, it would seem to bore out of simplicity, but there was an art in how well kempt it was. Truly the marvel of one only unleaded work ethic would be found within. The very floor was as if it was just been introduced and the walls a welcoming shade of pearl, with the same newness as the flooring. We were to greet the clean with less respect than it deserves. Yet another shame.
Izumi Inaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Myra Lee Ferreira on Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:59 am

I hummed the melody for "Scarborough Fair" as we walked to the tea room. I noted the exhaustion in the boy's features and, as we entered, I pulled out a seat for him to take respite in.

("Perhaps, we can dawdle in the pool another day. For now, I will fetch the leaves for you. I can bring a few snack articles as well to supplement. Is that alright. Hold tight; I will be right back.")

I left Izumi inside the room and walked at a brisk pace to the female dormitories. About ten minutes later, I arrive through the door of the tea room with a few pocky cases and the natural leaves to brew.

("I assume the kettle and other utensils should be in these cabinets?")
Myra Lee Ferreira

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba on Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:23 am

I wanted for a moment to object as a chair was pulled for me to sit in. As she then went off to get the leaves, I looked outside where our adversary resigned to just feebly causing a spot of glare or two on the glass. Content with this, I decided to accept the victory by sitting back and enjoying the relief of not moving. The time that was wasted in the interval was just a side effect of waiting. When she returned, having not even attempted to rest out of feigned vigor, I smiled to make her aware of my consciousness.

"That would be so. I thank you for this."
Izumi Inaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top