KS: The New Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ten Years After C-Day

+3
Toshiaki Endō
Satoshi Veach
Wade Wilson Jr.
7 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Ten Years After C-Day Empty Ten Years After C-Day

Post by Wade Wilson Jr. Mon May 26, 2014 7:30 pm

Ten Years After C-Day JmJF0ZW

Deadpool's Journal
May 26th, 2032

Three drones showed up at the Kitsune Kissa today. Finally. I've been stuck in this dump for six days now. Could've been longer. Lost track after the entrance got caved in, with little in the way of company. Found a picture of Ellie in the manager's office - not a huge surprise, considering Inna was managing this place right until C-Day. The memories of her have been keeping me sane during my solitude. I've been dying of hunger and thirst for four days now. My costume smells like manure that's been out in the sun for weeks. But I endured, like I always did. The thought of sliding my swords through the ocular implants of the metal fucks that will inevitably come to convert me was too sweet for me to just give up and die. Not that I can even if I wanted to.

Anyway, the tinheads showed up and blew the entrance open, much to my amusement. Unfortunately, there were only a couple of fully automated drones. I was hoping to practice my rusty skills against an actual cyborg, but whatever. There's plenty of those out there, and I doubt it'll be very hard to find them. Tachibana's fortress is closer than ever. I should make it there in less than two months.

Just two months, and I'll finally be able to slit the metal bastard's throat. The anticipation's killing me.

Wade finishes filling out the page of his journal before closing the book and shoving it back in one of his pockets. Finally, the man stands up from his seat on the counter of the ruined cafe and walks up to the hole where a door was proudly welcoming customers once. Of course, Wade doesn't miss the opportunity to kick the remains of one of the drones on his way out, just for fun. The streets outside are in the same state as the cafe - abandoned, ruined and slowly being taken back by nature. Unfortunately, the cyborg apocalypse that happened ten years ago didn't exactly allow for Townsville's architecture to be maintained as it once was. Wade sighs quietly before heading off towards the slowly setting sun, not even realizing that those streets aren't quite as abandoned as he thought.
Wade Wilson Jr.
Wade Wilson Jr.

Back to top Go down

Ten Years After C-Day Empty Re: Ten Years After C-Day

Post by Satoshi Veach Mon May 26, 2014 10:15 pm

*PO-CRACK*

The familiar sound of a round popping against an abandoned car tings next to Wade. It is quickly followed by another familiar sound; the roaring of a real-life dragon. A rifle.

--------------------------------

It is an easy job; tracking robotic targets. They are heavy, they have no consciousness of common sense, and leave a trail practically everywhere they go. The cyborgs are a helluvalot better at covering their tracks when they know their being followed, regardless of their weight, but these mindless drones are...well, lets just say when it comes to keeping their routes hidden, they are a piece of more than just cake.

I'm on my own right now. The other resistance can be a pain sometimes. For some reason, I was with two others one moment, then the next I looked back to find myself alone. They must of not been paying attention and wandered off too far from me.

Being captured twice by Tachibana's forces has turned me bitter on people I have not even met before. It seems like the only people I can trust to do things correctly are myself and those, like Hawke, who have stepped up to the plate and took charge in the absence of Wade, wherever that kid went. With what he did, chances are I'm the only one that is on good terms with him. Once people found out, nobody really discussed him anymore. Not in and good or bad ways.

Dammit, where are they? I've been tracking these things for hours!

It was actually an hour and 17 minutes. I may not be a soldier but the things I have gone through has given me a mentality like an old veteran, tough but annoyed by stupid things and a bit of a hard-ass.

Low to the ground, I scurry to the cover of an abandoned tow truck for a position to look around the corner to another street. I get down underneath the truck and scan down the street. Something by an old maid cafe catches his attention. It was the door shutting.

Finally...

I crawl back from underneath the truck and begin to climb up onto the platform on the back and take up a position on my stomach on the back platform for a clear shot.

I pull the bi-pod down on the Type 64 DMR in my possession, set it down, and pull the stock into my shoulder.

After the JDF was run out of the vicinity of the city, you could find weapons easily. At least, you could for about a month. Now the only way you could find one is off of a dead member of the resistance. Good luck finding ammunition. The only way you could find something like ammunition is if you took it from an enemy. That is not exactly the easiest thing to do, if you have not guessed that already. For that reason, people are often sent on runs with the intent on doing that dangerous job.

I take aim at the building down the street a medium distance. Too far to hear the short, decisive conflict inside of the place. With the sun directly setting in the direction I aim, all I can see are silhouettes. Hardly any more. Not that it matters anyway. Not many people move through these streets any more and, if they do, it is generally reported or the people move cautiously. Not like the silhouette that exited the building. It walks quite calmly.

...*Click*

I set the safety off and click it to semi-automatic. My heart rate begins to slow.

I guess I'll have to go get help in salvaging this from the hideout after this business is done with. Oh well..

The silhouette merges with the silhouette of a car. Thinking it just went behind the car, instead of in front of it, I do not adjust my aim higher.

I exhale and wait for a pause in my heart beat.

*POP!*

The round falls short and impacts the larger silhouette with a loud *ping!*

"Ah. Dammit!"

I start to readjust my aim; getting ready for a fight that could very well end me.
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshiaki Endō Mon May 26, 2014 10:31 pm

Toshiaki stood in the ruins of the place he had once called home, a handful of ashes sifting through his fingers.

This wasn't supposed to happen.
It didn't have to be this way.

But now this is all that's left of my life.
All that's left of my world.

I'll get you bastards for this.
I swear, I'll kill you all.

He sat in what was once the headmaster's office, kicking his legs up on the desk.
Solid oak, all brass hardware. Nice touch. Shame it's going to waste.
The administration building was still mostly intact. Solid brick architecture resisted fire better than steel, after all.

He toggled on the HUD of his helmet's visor, viewing the video feeds from his own surveillance drones, looking over the empty streets. A silhouette lumbered into view on one feed, which Toshiaki set to full screen. A shadow shifted in the distance, and the muzzle of a rifle flashed, the projectile deflecting off a nearby car.

What's this? Doesn't look like drones.
More human-on-human violence?

He minimized the feed, jumping down from the shattered third-story window. His cybernetic legs landed with a heavy "thunk," crumbling the cracked concrete of what was once the courtyard.

He mounted his cycle, its engine roaring to life. He started off towards the town, also watching the video feed.

Last edited by Toshiaki Endō on Tue May 27, 2014 4:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Toshiaki Endō
Toshiaki Endō

http://missingpagesroleplay.com/u27

Back to top Go down

Post by Wade Wilson Jr. Tue May 27, 2014 4:30 am

As soon as the sound of bullets cracking against the armor of the car reaches his ears, Wade vaults over it and hides on the other side. If there were two skills that he had improved since C-Day, those were definitely his fighting skills and his reflexes. As such, it took him less than a second to position himself behind the car, with one of his katanas drawn out.

'Damn it...' he mutters to himself. Being shot at was never fun, especially since the kind of bullets the cyborgs used tended to lodge themselves into the bodies of organics for maximum damage. While Wade was never in any real danger from them, he still had to pull the bullets out manually after being shot, which was never fun.

The man raises the blade slightly and uses its reflective surface in order to, unsuccessfully, catch a glimpse of the attacker. Whoever it was that was firing upon him had hidden themselves quite well. Unusual behavior for the nearly indestructible cyborgs that liked to win their battles by rushing at their opponents and overwhelming them with sheer strength.

His opponent is human.

After C-Day, when resources became scarce, some people had to turn into marauders in order to survive. As the times got more and more desperate, so did their methods. And now, Wade was being hunted by one.

He thinks about letting his attacker know that he doesn't have anything valuable for him to steal, but eventually decides against it - he's not gonna believe that anyway, and even if he does, he'll just go and hurt more innocent people. No, the only solution is to kill the marauder right here, right now.

Wade grips his katana gently, regretting that he discarded the pistols he had found a few weeks ago. They were heavy and slowing him down, and considering their ammo was useless against a cyborg's tough metal shell, he saw no reason to keep them around. Now, he could think of several.

Trying not to make a sound, the man moves back behind the car, his body crouching as low as possible without actually going prone. Once his head is peeking over the other end, he makes another attempt to discover the assailant's location.
Wade Wilson Jr.
Wade Wilson Jr.

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Tue May 27, 2014 7:43 am

That isn't a drone. Moves too quick.

It is an easy observation to make. But, if it is not a drone, something else made those sloppy tracks. Something with as much confidence as one of those drones.

...Cyborg...

Am I content with death? Well, lets find out. Because...

*E*I ain' goin' down without no fight.

Now convinced my life is in great danger, since I only has his tonfas as an effective means of injuring a cyborg on me, I ready himself for another fight to live.

It should charge at me any second now...

Dealing with a cyborg, it would be useless to change firing position. It would eliminate the edge I have from this hide. Even if it isn't really a hide.

I watch the car, looking for its silhouette to grow around the edge. Facing the sun, I really could not have picked a worse direction to engage toward. It eliminates the ability to track shadows and makes it hard to generally see.

But I suddenly lose a heavy amount of threatening feelings when the idiot attempts to use the shadow side of his/her sword to see me.

"...Yep, that's a human."

There is still one question to answer about the person. Is he or she a threat? Well, that may be an issue since...well...I kind of shot at them just now.

Shit, I never liked breaking a good hide...

Wade Wilson Jr. wrote:Trying not to make a sound, the man moves back behind the car, his body crouching as low as possible without actually going prone. Once his head is peeking over the other end, he makes another attempt to discover the assailant's location.

I have stopped paying as much attention to the target and failed to close the cap on my scope. Facing the sun, like I am, it causes Wade to see a scope reflection the size of Texas nestled on the bed of my tow truck, close to the back of the cab to sort of camouflage my body. But once the sun reflection is spotted, it should be easy to point out the 28 year-old man hiding in plain sight, like I always do.

Thinking carefully, I devise a plan that may let this guy, and I, walk away from this incident. Maybe if I were to make him think I still think he is a cyborg? Could work...That would correctly convey that my engagement was an accident and I was not tracking a human...

I'm going to get chewed back at camp for expending a round with no good reason. Dammit.

"Hey-you aren't going anywhere, cyborg!"

My voice is harsh and it is not only because I am trying to sound threatening.

*E*"R'botic-sumbitch."
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Hideyo Masuda Tue May 27, 2014 10:00 am

The bullet from he gun ricochets roughly three centimeters above Mephistopheles' head, yet he is unfazed. He was totally aware of the two humans marauding the old Townsville, and had been since their arrival. His vantage point from the centre of the street allowed him to easily watch the pair, studying their movements.

Since C-Day, Mephistopheles had based himself in Townsville, organising the local resistance against the increasingly-large drones that Dr T has been sending.

His knack for morphing had come in handy, allowing himself to hide in plain sight by disguising himself as bloody corpses and even as cyborgs themselves. At present, he was disguised as a young human with their legs missing. The injury thing had taken a while to perfect, and hurt just as much as the real thing, but the years of practice had perfected the technique.

As the two have their stand-off, Mephistopheles stays on the ground, observing.
Hideyo Masuda
Hideyo Masuda

Back to top Go down

Post by Wade Wilson Jr. Tue May 27, 2014 12:53 pm

As soon as Wade spots the scope reflection, he immediately ducks down and takes cover. With the kind of rifle attached to that scope, a shot would most likely prove to be fatal. Not that this would inconvenience the hooded man too much - to him, death just meant loss of consciousness for about five to ten minutes, depending on how badly his body was busted. But five to ten minutes was plenty in this world, and during that time, the marauder would most likely steal his swords and go off to shoot even more humans.

And Wade really liked those swords.

The genuine Hatori Hanzo blades that he stole from the Futeki Estate were pretty much the only blades in the region strong and sharp to cleave a cyborg straight into two. They were a work of art - no, they were more than that. They were his only means of survival when his enemies were bulletproof. Losing them was never an option. Wade grips their handles tightly and starts formulating a plan of action in his head.

"Hey-you aren't going anywhere, cyborg! R'botic-sumbitch!"

He squints his eyes as he hears his attacker speak. Did that idiot seriously mistake him for a cyborg?!? Considering the scope, that seems unlikely... This could just be a trap to get him to show himself, or at least catch him off-guard. Then again, perhaps the assailant really is just an idiot. Wade had to give him the benefit of doubt, especially considering his current appearance.

"I'm not a cyborg, kid. I'm the one they run from" he yells out without leaving his cover. Even if it didn't help, that still was a badass boast. "So either do the same or put your gun aside"
Wade Wilson Jr.
Wade Wilson Jr.

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshiaki Endō Tue May 27, 2014 4:55 pm

Toshiaki barreled down the road, watching the surveillance feed.

Did that body just move?… Clever, Masuda. But I see you. My eyes are everywhere. Your SCP gadgets work pretty nice after all.

"Hey – you aren't going anywhere, cyborg!"
The sound filtered through the feed.
This idiot thinks he's up against a cyborg? Wait… that voice… Veach!

"I'm not a cyborg, kid. I'm the one they run from."
and…

"WIIILSOOON!"

Brimming with rage, he activated several controls on his suit's integrated computer.
The drone jet confirmed receipt of the command. ETA to deliver the payload to Wilson's location: 45 seconds.
He would reach the edge of the town in 75, to see what remained.

Hope you like the taste of micro-impact cold-fusion bombs, bastard.
Toshiaki Endō
Toshiaki Endō

Back to top Go down

Post by Hideyo Masuda Tue May 27, 2014 5:33 pm

Just as the stand-off is beginning to get good, an erratic beeping emits from the bloody corpse on the floor. All it takes is a few seconds, and a few grunts of pain, and the body returns to the form of Hideyo.

"We have got to go." He shouts to the both of them, still retaining his well mannered speech and accent from his childhood, "Takeshi just sent off a bomber jet, and I can only assume it's to take care of you... Deadpool." The shape-shifting SCP points at the nearby grocery store, and begins running "Get in there, quick. We have 30 seconds, maybe less. The resistance base is equipped to handle bombing runs. It has proven itself on many occasions."

Without any more explanation, Mephistopheles continues sprinting toward the grocery store and flips open his PDA and types in a passcode, triggering the floor of the store to open and reveal a staircase. "Hurry!" He shouts back to them as he almost dives down the stairs to open the heavy steel door at the bottom.
Hideyo Masuda
Hideyo Masuda

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Tue May 27, 2014 7:35 pm

Not the response I was looking for. Especially when it is a threatening one. But beggars can't be choosers.

"Than you and I got something in common. Except it seems-"

Just then, an alarm sound erupts in a group of bodies and I quickly adjust my aim to the bodies, tracking movement through the scope.

Whoever is there would sooner kill the man behind the car than me, so it seems we have a larger threat.

That movement turns into something really disturbing-looking. Definitely is not a cyborg but what in-the-hell is it? Some sort of mutant...thing?

'We have got to go.'

So it speaks.

Then it proceeds to speak of one of Takeshi's high-altitude attack UAV's and that we need to follow him.

I sigh scurry forward, off the bed of the truck. My rifle does not leave my hands, though. The guy was hiding from two people that look like marauders and needed a peace offering to show himself so he could hide. I trust him until we find his friends and they try to rob me and the other guy blind. The other guy, though, he may not have the advantage in a straight-up, balls-out fight against a rifle but if I let my guard down at all, he'd be able to take me in close quarters hands down. I need to keep an eye on that one.

With my rifle pointed down and to the side, I take off after the two men and habitually watch any corners, just in case. When at the garage door, I look around and follow the men in, holding my lifeline close. My body turns to face the closing door and I point the barrel out to make sure the street is secure until it shuts.
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshiaki Endō Wed May 28, 2014 6:11 am

Damn you, Masuda. Why do you still protect that murderous bastard?
Then again, what the hell should I expect from you?
None of it would've happened in the first place if not for the SCP.

Toshiaki watched as the three ran into the store. Calling off the strike, the "00:07" disappeared from his HUD, replaced by a quick flash of "CANCELED, RETURNING TO BASE."

He recalled the design presentation of that weaponry from years ago.
"The Non-Nuclear weapons systems.
Lighter. Faster. High blast pressure, small blast radius. And no radioactive residues.
Perfect for precision strikes, while minimizing collateral damage."
Like a sniper instead of a flamethrower.

Those N2 microbombs would easily breach their little bunker and leave the rest of town untouched. But if he's got more refugees in there, it'd kill them. No sense in that.

When will you quit putting other lives in danger, Wilson?
As I thought, I'll have to take care of you in person.

Entering the ruined town, he parked his cycle in front of the charred remains of the old Shanghai. He jumped up to the nearest intact roof and drew his blade, watching the doors of the grocery store.

:

Come on out, Wilson.

Let's end this.

Last edited by Toshiaki Endō on Thu May 29, 2014 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Toshiaki Endō
Toshiaki Endō

Back to top Go down

Post by Wade Wilson Jr. Wed May 28, 2014 10:18 am

"Then you and I got something in common", the marauder says from behind his cover.

Wade squints his eyes. Yeah, right. As if someone armed with a puny rifle like that could possibly take down even a single cyborg. Those things were nearly indestructible. Their only weak points were their central circuitry and their brain, both of which protected behind inches of steel. The only things that could take one down, aside from Wade's blades, were explosions and environmental hazards. Unless that marauder had discovered another weakpoint that Wade wasn't aware of before. Either way, that weakpoint will probably be patched as soon as Takeshi finds out about it anyway.

Before Wade could decide if he trusted the man or not, the decision was made for him - a man who appeared seemingly out of nowhere interferes and informs them that they need to go.

"Takeshi just sent off a bomber jet, and I can only assume it's to take care of you... Deadpool."

Hm. So the stranger recognized him. That was weird, considering the two had never met before, but Wade still thought it was nice that his reputation as a cyborg hunter was spreading. Well, at least the guy knew who he was dealing with, so it was unlikely that he'd attack. Slowly, Wade leaves his cover and stands in full view of them, his katana still firmly in his hand. Once the mysterious man informs them that they need to hide in the grocery store, the man in red looks up at the sky, barely making out a small, black spot that's slowly increasing in size.

Drone jet. No doubt about it.

"Son of a..." Wade mutters to himself before turning back and running alongside the marauder and the strange man into what appeared to be a completely normal grocery shop. An air strike was one of the very few things Wade wasn't confident he could survive - and even if he could, it would still probably hurt like hell. Having your body torn apart and burned by an explosion couldn't possibly feel good. Then again, maybe there was no alternative - a grocery shop didn't stand a chance against an air strike, no matter what sort of 'resistance' has made it their home. The N2 microbombs were pretty much the most effective thing ever invented to particularly target organics.

As the three of them enter the quite normal-looking store, Wade starts shifting his look between the men in the shop and the outside, with his katana still firmly gripped in his hand. Thirty seconds pass. And then thirty more. Either the building was particularly good at fending missiles off, or the air strike never happened. "What the..." he quietly asks himself before slowly stepping out of the shop and looking around outside in order to try and deduce what happened. From his position, the man in red doesn't even notice the cyborg observing him from a nearby rooftop.
Wade Wilson Jr.
Wade Wilson Jr.

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshiaki Endō Wed May 28, 2014 7:49 pm

Toshiaki had placed himself behind the entrance to the store, and Wade's back was now before him.

You never did pay any mind to proper tactics, Wilson. Let's see if this gets your attention.

He set down his blade, silently drawing his imported Steyr ACR and arming the attached grenade launcher.

N2 sticky grenade. Timed, contact, or remote detonation. Blast radius, 5 meters.
Of course, you'll be healed in a few minutes. But that's all I need.
You on the other hand have, at this range, about three-tenths of a second.
Allowing for speed of sound and reaction time, you don't stand a chance.

He lined up his shot and fired, the grenade leaving the barrel with a small "whump."
Toshiaki Endō
Toshiaki Endō

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Thu May 29, 2014 2:28 am

*Combat Music*

*Added visual for Satoshi's normal look*
Ten Years After C-Day Sniper10
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiberius Hawke Thu May 29, 2014 7:12 pm

At the bottom of the staircase within the grocery store, the heavy steel door swings inwards, "Masuda?! What's going on?"

A battle-scarred Hawke limps to the top of the stairs, limp decidedly less prominent than his younger days. The rest of his body, however, had not fared well. He had three large scars across his face, all thanks to Takeshi and his lovely cyborg minions. Unseen to the others, his body was also criss-crossed with scars, mostly due to shrapnel from various run-ins of the cybernetic kind.

When he reaches the top of the stairs, he almost falls to the floor in surprise.

Is that... Satoshi? Satoshi Veach?

He collects himself before he is noticed by his childhood friend. Looks were everything, after all, and he couldn't afford to be seen in a moment of weakness by the young man.

He looks like he's seen hell... heh. A rifle. Why does that surprise me?

Hawke clears his throat, and calls out to the old friend, "Veachy. It's nice to see you've escaped cyberification... I guess they thought you were too ugly."
Tiberius Hawke
Tiberius Hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Wade Wilson Jr. Fri May 30, 2014 12:54 pm

Thanks to a combination of skill, reflexes, dumb luck and the nigh-supernatural power of his blades, Wade manages to swing his arm just in time to cut the grenade into two, with its halves flying by him and safely landing on the ground, its detonator sliced in two. The man doesn't have too much time to admire his impossible move, though, as he immediately turns around and focuses on the cyborg with the grenade launcher on a nearby rooftop. While clearly cybernetic in nature, the armor has an eerily familiar design. Wade's mouth gapes open slightly as he recognizes the previous person who wore this pattern.

'Uncle Slade?'

Indeed, those were none other than the colors of Slade "Deathstroke" Wilson - his father's estranged brother. While Deathstroke and the original Deadpool barely kept in touch, if at all, Wade himself was quite close to his cousin Rose. The two of them had met on a dating site and actually had a really fun date, which was later made incredibly awkward by the revelation that they were related. Regardless, they still kept in touch over Deadbook. Of course, that connection fell apart as soon as C-Day happened, but both Slade and Rose were formidable fighters, so Wade always just assumed they fought back.

That assumption was just rocked to its very core.

'No... You're not... Who are you?!?' Wade yells loudly at the cyborg.
Wade Wilson Jr.
Wade Wilson Jr.

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Fri May 30, 2014 5:15 pm

When I hear the thump, my reflexes kick in and I find myself hitting the deck when the grenade is sliced in two.

Holy hell...

I stand up, make my way to the center of the floor, lay down, and set up my bipod. The target has a grenade launcher so it is clear we need to take that advantage from him by spreading out and making the launcher pointless to use, compared to whatever gun he has. Further more, I set myself up far back from the opening so I can barely see the top of his head from under the shutter. That should make it hard for him to hit me with the launcher at this angle.

I look through my scope and train the rifle on the target. Definitely a cyborg...

Is that-?...Is that an ACR? That's a fricken *E* Adaptive Comba' Rifle! *J* Dammit, I was hoping I'd get 7.62mm rounds to make up for the shot-or shots soon-I wasted.

"Mmmgh."
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshiaki Endō Fri May 30, 2014 5:44 pm

Toshiaki watched as Satoshi trained his rifle on him.
Howa Type 64 DMR. Fires 7.62 NATO. 20-round box mag. Poor scope attachment system, very likely to shift out of alignment.
Veach must've gotten last pick from the SDF leftovers.

Go ahead and shoot if you want. Won't give me any worse than a headache. Really think I wouldn't be prepared for that?

He slung his own Steyr Advanced Combat Rifle across his back and retrieved his blade. He jumped down from the rooftop into the middle of the street, about 10 meters from Wade.

"You really don't recognize me, Wilson?" he asked, half in sarcasm.

The voice was utterly mechanical in tone. It retained a human's natural cadence, but the voice itself was completely bereft of organic warmth.

"No, I am not Slade Joseph Wilson. I believe you'll recall he preferred orange on black. However, he was quite the mentor. And freedom fighter.

"Then again, I suppose you wouldn't have seen much of him when you were serving as the SCP's lapdog, an enforcer for the Registration Act they brought about."
Toshiaki Endō
Toshiaki Endō

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Fri May 30, 2014 8:51 pm

When the cyborg jumps down to street level, I take the chance to get in a crouch and change positions over to the side of the opening to my left before taking aim on the target's center mass once more.

Make a threatening movement and you're on your ass with a good dent in your chest piece, asshole...

'You really don't recognize me, Wilson?'

WHAT?

I glance over at the figure's back and then back through my sights.

That can't be the Wilson I know, can it? No, it can't be...Wilson couldn't have survived C-Day with his treachery against Tachibana. I can only imagine how valuable of a target he was.

Why is there another Wilson here? I don't know. Probably was visiting Japan at the time of the start of it all.

'Then again, I suppose you wouldn't have seen much of him when you were serving as the SCP's lapdog, an enforcer for the Registration Act they brought about.'

And now we have a motive for visiting Japan. Whatever the 'SCP' is, they sound like they could have sent this Wilson over here for some-...whatever the hell-things they do.
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Wade Wilson Jr. Sat May 31, 2014 10:53 am

Wade grips the handle of his sword even more tightly when the Registration Act is brought up. That whole ordeal was one painful memory that he preferred to keep buried alongside all the other events that took loved ones from him. Especially considering that this time, he was the one responsible for their death.

'I did what I did in the name of peace! The Registration Act would have been our only defense against Takeshi! If it wasn't for the Resistance, you would've kept your body and mind... But it's too late for that. All I can do now is release your soul from this tormented shell!' Wade boasts as he points one blade directly at his opponent. 'But first, you're going to tell me exactly where Slade and Rose Wilson are. You appear to be quite familiar with them, so I'll give you exactly one chance to spare yourself a painful death. If you talk, maybe I'll kill you without activating your pain receptors first'
Wade Wilson Jr.
Wade Wilson Jr.

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Sat May 31, 2014 5:36 pm

...Then why would he tell you if he's just going to-? Never mind..

Following Wilson's lead in this situation, I attempt to steady my heart rate a little and prepare for combat.

Just like it always was, all I need to do is hit the target once or twice to knock it down and then continue to pepper it once it is down to keep it from being able to get up. From there, it is easy-picking for someone to finish it with a heavy weapon. In Wilson's case though, it seems he does not need a heavy weapon so it should be even more effective.

This tactic is how we at the Yamaku resistance survived and how I managed one of my three cyborg kills. Five years ago, I was pounding one for my team to finish it once and it just stopped. I happened to hit it in the back of the head and it was out before someone was able to have at it with the sledge hammer we brought.
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshiaki Endō Sat May 31, 2014 5:46 pm

"BULLSHIT!" the mechanical voice howled, coming not only from his own body, but also broadcast from every electronic device within a kilometer, including the old PA system in the grocery store.
Let them all hear. The truth.

"Okay, Wilson. I'll talk. First, You're wrong on every goddamn count, and you know it.

"You think this is all about the cyborgs? It's ALWAYS been about mutants! The SCP STARTED this war to gather us up, experiment on us, and kill us all off! The SCP introduced the Act in every country, they gave Trask the resources to create the Sentinels…

"Takeshi Tachibana saw the threat to our freedom, as did I and so many others. We created our own drones to combat the Sentinels. And then you, of all people… you should've been the invincible champion of mutantkind!

"But what did you do? You betrayed every – last – one of us. You served as their dog, hunting down your own kind who resisted the Act, who fought against the coming genocide. No telling how many you killed.

"Do you understand what that means, Wilson? Can you even comprehend the meaning of taking a life? Or is your mind so goddamn warped from immortality that you've forgotten that the rest of us can DIE?"

He shook his head, looking into the dirt.

"It took a decade, but the war is over now. The SCP lost. The mutants won… at great cost.

"The 'Resistance' you serve is a lie, created by SCP war criminals to trick yet more fools into serving their selfish ends, with no heed to the lives and welfare of others.

"And I'll have you know, Wade, my mind is perfectly intact. As a matter of fact, it's better than ever.

"But you're right on the other count. If not for you and the 'Resistance,' I would still have my body.

"Don't think for a second that I've forgotten – YOU were the one that TOOK EVERYTHING FROM ME!"

Last edited by Toshiaki Endō on Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Toshiaki Endō
Toshiaki Endō

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Sat May 31, 2014 6:33 pm

[Wow, I didn't notice Hawke coming into play until now. My bad.-I'll play it off as he was kinda busy and didn't notice. ;-;
I assumed he would be the leader of the Yamaku resistance! Wait...who's the leader now? Satoshi likes being an operator too much to be the leader. Chiharu?]

"-YOU NEED TO STOP TALKING!!"

My order bites off the end of the cyborg's last exclamation.

"I don't know what this 'SCP' is but I've had friends and family of mine killed at the hands of people like you!"

"I don't give a DAMN about what you're talking about! I WANT MY FAMILY BACK!!"

"....And it wasn't a mutant that took them from me. It was those things like you."
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiberius Hawke Sat May 31, 2014 7:32 pm

Satoshi Veach wrote:Wow, I didn't notice Hawke coming into play until now. My bad.
[I had a feeling that was the case... And I got the impression that you weren't in the resistance D; If you were in it you'd know of Hideyo's powers and of the bunker in the grocery store... I'm very confused right now.]

Tiberius Hawke
Tiberius Hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Sat May 31, 2014 7:46 pm

[I had assumed that the Yamaku resistance was camped in the woods by Yamaku or somewhere in the school and that this was a separate resistance force in the store.]
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next