KS: The New Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Open] Purpose

2 posters

Go down

[Open] Purpose Empty [Open] Purpose

Post by Sora Kimura Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:09 am

A small, spherical drone, held in the air by helicopter-like blades, flies over the ruined town. There's a camera positioned on a vertical quarter-ring on the drone, allowing it to rotate itself to face forward, downward, and at any angle between the two.
I, meanwhile, stay inside a bathroom, which has only a small window toward the top of the room, leaving me not easily visible. There's not much to find as of late, but there is little to do but search until I am given a more specific objective.

(I feel weird about posting an open thread here
was this a bad idea)
Sora Kimura
Sora Kimura

Back to top Go down

[Open] Purpose Empty Re: [Open] Purpose

Post by Eric Grimm Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:16 am

The drone continues meandering through the empty streets, and eventually passes over a burnt-out apartment, one that burned long before C-Day and the ensuing chaos.

As the drone passes the window, it catches a glimpse of row upon row of strange cyborgs. They weren't normal cyborgs, the flesh attached to the robotics was rotting and black, mottled by decay. Each looked exactly the same, too, each unit looks identical to the four in front, behind and to the sides of it. At a glance, one could hazard a guess that there were maybe a hundred in that room alone. If the drone were to do a search of the entire building, it would find that the rooms on the top floor contained a similar amounts of cyborgs, each simply staring into space.

The cyborgs:
Eric Grimm
Eric Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Kimura Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:31 am

This is interesting.
"Drone: stop.
Drone: lower, 2m.
Drone: zoom, 1.5."
The portion of my vision devoted to the drone's feed is zoomed in, giving me a better look at the cyborgs.
I don't see how said cyborgs could be a problem, as they look inactive, but perhaps it's worth investigation. Maybe some parts of them can be reclaimed.

Heavy, metallic footsteps sound as I make my way about four blocks to the discovered location.

(Edit: I realize now that the original post pretty heavily implied that my character is human, even if some things I said in the daily blog thread suggested otherwise.
Hope that doesn't become a problem. :/ )
Sora Kimura
Sora Kimura

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Grimm Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:36 pm

The Husks remain undisturbed by the approaching footsteps, and remain rigidly in place, staring towards the sky.
Eric Grimm
Eric Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Kimura Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:57 pm

Arrival at the building does not seem to have triggered a reaction with the oddly-designed cyborgs. Oddly-designed indeed; are they made by a different creator?
My own design contrasts sharply with theirs. While they have rather little armor, mine is heavy and bulky even in comparison to other cyborgs made by Takeshi. They don't look armed, either, while in place of my right forearm is a barrel about two and a half times its original length, the projectiles for it visible as metallic spheres, three inches in diameter, in three staggered rows around my waist. Most of them are uncolored, but about a fourth of them to my right side are bright orange, the same color as my trim. Each of the spheres also has a visible, vertical separation. There are three small lenses on the back and both sides of my helmet, while a horizontal, black, indented stripe covers where my eyes would otherwise be, two more small lenses within it.
"Drone: return." My voice isn't easily audible, as I've left my microphone off, since there's not really anyone around I need to hear anything.
I bend my head down to avoid the drone's blades hitting it, and said drone positions itself behind my head, on top of two large, metallic cylinders. The blades turn straight upward, and then fall into the drone itself, before it begins drawing power from the batteries.

I return my gaze to the odd cyborgs, questioning their purpose, since they don't, at first glance, look like fighters. Sheer numbers encourage me to stay on the other side of the street from them, though.
Sora Kimura
Sora Kimura

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Grimm Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:21 pm

Within the ranks of the cyborgs, an emaciated young man stirs, awoken by an explosion further into the town.

The blue haired man lets out a sigh, and raises himself upright, to stand on a pair of robotic legs. He scratches his face with his one remaining organic arm, and lets out a yawn.

"Husks: Activate."

The small army all snap their eyes forward, and stand to attention. The tubes spanning their bodice begin to flow with black liquid, and their eyes turn a deep shade of crimson.

With a smile, Eric walks through their ranks, towards the door.

"Locate insurgents. Locate any cyborgs. Leave organic matter to me."

Most of the husks drop to all fours, let out a screech of rage and bound out of the doors. Around fifty of them stay with Eric to serve as his personal guard, and surround him as he makes his way out of the door.

Once outside the door, Eric is surprised to find his Husks scrabbling around a lone cyborg.

"Cyborg. Identify creator." Eric calls out to the lone robot.
Eric Grimm
Eric Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Kimura Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:36 pm

"Load." I say as the husks activate, causing a hatch to open where the barrel connects to my arm, in which I place one of the silver spheres. The hatch closes, and, after a couple seconds' delay, four small, red lights at the end of the barrel blink twice. A beeping sound plays within my helmet, letting me know that the projectile is charged, and the two battery power indicators at the top-right of my vision drop a bit, now at 87%.

The apparently hostile creatures around me would cause panic if weak sedatives weren't countering it, keeping me in a calm mood. I was designed with the danger of impulse in mind; I'm not to operate my weapon recklessly.

I swing my cannon barrel to get some of the husks away, but they're persistent and don't seem to be willing to leave me for long. My vision of the other three sides of me shows that the things have already surrounded me, and, being more designed to take out large singular targets rather than numerous small ones, I find myself at a disadvantage. I'm about to start clearing them with another method when a man calls out to me, requesting identification of my creator.

"Microphone: on." The microphone turns on so I may respond: "Takeshi Tachibana." I proceed to say "I request that you call off these cyborgs."
Sora Kimura
Sora Kimura

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Grimm Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:40 pm

Eric lets out a sigh.

"Another of Takeshi's lapdogs?" He complains, "Just leave me be. It's been 20 years, so what if I also have an army of robots?"

He lets out a long whistle and the Husks retreat, forming a large group behind him. He absent mindedly chews a nail while studying the cyborg, "I suppose he sent you after me?"
Eric Grimm
Eric Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Kimura Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:44 pm

"I am to keep watch over this area until given further instruction. Finding... this, was coincidental."
Sora Kimura
Sora Kimura

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Grimm Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:43 am

Eric's face drops when he realises he'd basically just admitted that he was a wanted man for no reason to his mortal enemy's soldier.

"Right, very good. Yes." He says, standing up with a stiff back and taking a step back, "Well, I'll let you carry on doing.... whatever it si you cyborgs do."

He spins on his back foot and clicks in the air, "Husks! Let's go see what that explosion was, shall we?"
Eric Grimm
Eric Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Kimura Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:58 am

The man seems to have implied that he'd just like to build his cyborgs in peace, though to believe he wants to build an army for no reason in particular would be foolish. This is probably of some threat to Takeshi, but the guess that I was sent to take out this man implies that Takeshi already knows of the husk builder, and already knows that he is unwanted.
And said husk builder apparently is fine with letting me leave, implying that the location of this building, alongside its significance, is already known. Perhaps, however, that was an effort to get me to turn my back as I leave, with a feeling of safety, so an attack would be easier.

Something else catches my attention, though. Mention of an explosion, namely.

"I am to investigate anything possibly dangerous. I request to investigate the site of this explosion."
Sora Kimura
Sora Kimura

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Grimm Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:13 am

Eric's face drops with his back to the robot.

"Uh... sure. Might be nice to have a 6-foot robocop with me..." He says over his shoulder, then begins walking towards the general store in the centre of town, Husks choosing to search the streets as they move along.
Eric Grimm
Eric Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Kimura Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:22 am

(I find this whole scene kind of humorous
like we're supposed to be trying to kill each other or something and instead Sora is just being mild annoyance unintentionally)

The man is seemingly fine with my presence, despite implications that we are enemies. As this helps me keep watch over the area, and as his large collection of minions could most likely hurt me in some way, this is fine.
I follow the man from a safe distance, noting that his husks are searching the area around us as we move. Perhaps using them as scouts is what let him know of the explosion.
Sora Kimura
Sora Kimura

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Grimm Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:41 am

"How is old Tachibana doing these days, anyway? I heard he gave those students from Yamaku a good licking."

In truth, Eric had no idea what had happened on that night. As soon as the fifty students had turned up he'd taken the plans for the Husks and ran, tail between his legs. He'd never intended to stick with Takeshi as long as he had, but he felt drawn to the man's pain. Their chats late at night had kindled a kind of companionship, both were without friend and without family. It was good... until Takeshi decided Eric was ready to have another limb removed and replaced with a robotic one. While the limbs felt wrong, he was glad of the endoskeleton of metal, more than once they'd saved him from a bullet or two when he attacked human camps in search of more flesh to turn into Husks.
Eric Grimm
Eric Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Kimura Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:52 am

"The events at Yamaku were fairly successful, as displayed by myself. However, as we are apparently enemies, I should not disclose much more information to you."
Takeshi keeps a fair portion of his more important plans to himself anyway. To have information somehow extracted from a knowing cyborg might be a problem.
Sora Kimura
Sora Kimura

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Grimm Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:29 am

"You were a student?" Eric asks, genuinely surprised. "I assumed he'd slaughtered the lot.... hopefully that Wilson kid was first."

Eric Grimm
Eric Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Kimura Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:33 am

A simple "yes" confirms that I was once a student. However, nothing else he says requests a response, and so I don't give one, instead continuing to walk as I await our arrival at the site of the explosion.
Sora Kimura
Sora Kimura

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Grimm Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:53 pm

A few minutes of silent walking is broken by the very ground splitting beneath Eric's feet, causing him to launch himself to the left and land in a heap, cushioned by a bed of dark energy.

"What the fuck was that?!" He shouts to nobody in particular, gaping in horror as some of his husks are caught in the full blast of the steam billowing out from the pipes and let out metallic screams as their already painful flesh is seared by the hot gas.
Eric Grimm
Eric Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Kimura Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:24 am

I run a short distance from the newly formed fissure before looking back at the husks now burning in it.
The cyborgs are susceptible to heat, I note. And they produce rather unsettling noises when damaged. It's hard to tell whether or not that's by design, though.
Additionally, the rival cyborg producer appears to be able to produce some sort of dark substance at will.

I seem to take interest in all the wrong parts of the situation before finally questioning the cause of the steam eruption. I press a small button at the bottom of the left side of my helmet to disable my vocal speaker silently before commanding "Drone: launch."
I bow my head as I did when it had to land as the drone's blades come out of the top of it and begin spinning before it raises enough for me to right my head again. I command it to raise itself further, and continue to command it to turn and raise and lower its camera to survey the situation. A forming fog is making it harder to see what's happened, but it's easily visible that the fog is being formed along a line that ends not long to one side of us, and continues farther to the other side.
Sora Kimura
Sora Kimura

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down