[Open] Closed Indefinitely

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[Open] Closed Indefinitely

Post by Inna Wilson on Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:30 pm

Dear Customers,

Unfortunately, the antiques shop has been closed indefinitely.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience!

'Oh, you have got to be kidding me!' Inna says out loud in English as she reads the note stuck on the door of the antiques shop. It took her an hour to find that store, and it was all in vain! The woman sighs and turns around, leaning against the nearby wall and pulling out her phone in order to check for any other stores nearby. She was not giving up until she found the perfect gift!

After all, her daughter Ellie was turning seven in just a few days, and Inna wanted to buy her something really special for her birthday. But what kind of gift would be of use to a blind girl? Books were the obvious answer, but that seemed pretty boring - Inna was buying her books all the time anyway, so how would this time be any different from any other? And besides, last year her brother notoriously bought Ellie her most beloved item ever - a red walking cane that was an exact replica of the one Daredevil used. This year, Inna was determined to one-up him, even if that meant she'd need to sacrifice a few weekends in search of the perfect gift!

Except all the stores she went to didn't have anything that would be appropriate, and the antiques store was her last hope. She got the idea that maybe she could find something special there, like a music box or something like that, but alas, it wasn't meant to be. And her phone wasn't particularly helpful in providing her with another location. Unfortunately, it seemed like she'd need to find something the old-fashioned way.

As soon as she sees someone walking past her, Inna taps their shoulder. 'Excuse me!' she calls them with a smile. 'Do you know where I can find another antiques shop nearby, or just a store that sells interesting things?'
Inna Wilson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] Closed Indefinitely

Post by Toshiaki Endō on Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:47 am

Toshiaki walked down the sidewalk, enjoying the bright, warm day. The bag in his hand contained the new CDs and manga he had picked up. While digital might be more convenient, he preferred physical copies. Something nice about actually being able to hold it in your hand, he guessed.

When the young woman unexpectedly tapped on his shoulder, he turned to face her and pulled off his black headphones, letting them rest around his neck. Loud music could be heard from them faintly for a few seconds before he paused it.

He noted that she appeared to be in her mid- to late twenties, tall and thin, with long blonde hair and blue eyes slightly brighter than his own. Very attractive indeed. He would almost certainly be interested were she closer in age.

"I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch that. Could you say that again?" he said with a small smile.
Toshiaki Endō

View user profile http://missingpagesroleplay.com/u27

Back to top Go down

Post by Inna Wilson on Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:21 pm

The first thing Inna notices about the boy are his large, black headphones blasting music so loud it's audible even to her. She couldn't say she exactly approved of something like that - having first hand experience with someone struggling to overcome a disability related to sensory deprivation, she can't exactly understand why anyone would willingly damage their hearing like that.

Geez, I'm starting to sound like an old lady already...

Once the boy asks her to repeat, the blond woman is eager to oblige. "I was just wondering if you knew about another antiques store in the city, or maybe some other shop where they sell interesting things. I'm looking for a gift for someone, and since I haven't had the time to explore, I'm kinda lost right now" she explains with a smile.
Inna Wilson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshiaki Endō on Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:22 pm

"Oh. Well… I've really only been around Sendai a few times, so I don't know it all that well. I just moved up here for school about a month ago, you see.
Sorry, wish I could be more help…"

He had come over right after class ended, not bothering to change out of his uniform; which school he spoke of would be plain to see.
Toshiaki Endō

Back to top Go down

Post by Inna Wilson on Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:45 pm

Inna sighs quietly as the student reveals he can't help her. 'That's okay, don't worry about it... This city isn't exactly friendly to outsiders, huh?' she says before looking down at her phone again. Unfortunately, Google Maps hasn't listed any points of interest in the vicinity, and relevant search results are practically non-existent. Inna tried asking the girls working at the Kitsune Kissa about potential spots, and the place they all agreed that the antique store was the place to go. And it wasn't like Inna had any friends there she could just call and ask, anyway, so her best bet was to keep looking and hope for the best.
Inna Wilson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshiaki Endō on Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:23 pm

"I suppose.

"What kind of gift are you looking for?"

He didn't have any plans for the rest of the afternoon, and he wanted to try to help her. Maybe he might find some cool place along the way, he figured.
Toshiaki Endō

Back to top Go down

Post by Inna Wilson on Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:30 pm

"I'm not quite sure, exactly! I'm just looking for something interesting, something unique...' Inna explains. 'It's my daughter's birthday soon, and I wanted to get her something special this year. But since she's blind, I can't exactly take the easy way out and just get her a tablet' she chuckles. 'She's not a big fan of toys and dolls, so I was hoping to find her something interesting she can feel or hear... But I hope you understand why I'm having so much trouble finding something like that!'
Inna Wilson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshiaki Endō on Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:54 pm

"Yeah, that makes sense.

"Well, what sorts of things does she like?"
Toshiaki Endō

Back to top Go down

Post by Inna Wilson on Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:01 pm

'Books, mostly' Inna answers immediately. 'Most of the time, she's reading whatever it is she can find. She's got so many that I don't know where to store them anymore, and we've only been here for a few months! You can't even imagine how many she's got back home! Usually, I'd just get her books for her birthday, but I figured that since I buy her so many anyway, I should get her something a bit more special this year' the young woman says before brushing one of her locks behind her ear, as she often did while thinking. 'I guess she's also quite fond of anime, as she used to watch a lot of those with my brother, but I don't know the first thing about them, so I've got no idea where to start. I thought about buying her one of those figurines of anime characters, but I have no idea which series she's into, and if I ask, the clever little thing will figure it out immediately!'
Inna Wilson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshiaki Endō on Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:19 pm

As she swept her hair back, he saw a quick gleam of metal on the back of her neck.
Is that…

"She wouldn't happen to be a Yamaku student, would she?"
Toshiaki Endō

Back to top Go down

Post by Inna Wilson on Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:24 pm

'Well, obviously!' Inna can't help but laugh a bit at how naive the question is. 'Though she's in elementary rather than in high school like I assume you are. She's turning seven in about two weeks, but she skipped a few grades, so she's probably going to be a fifth grader next year. At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if you two are classmates by the time you're a Senior!' she laughs again.
Inna Wilson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshiaki Endō on Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:47 pm

{That's quite an assumption in a city with over a million people in Sendai proper alone. Razz}

"Yeah, I just started as a freshman."
Is that why she chose me to ask, out of all the people here?

"Okay, what kind of books does she like? I imagine her taste in anime wouldn't be far off."
Toshiaki Endō

Back to top Go down

Post by Inna Wilson on Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:54 pm

[What do you mean? Not being sarcastic, I don't really get what you're referring to]

'Hmm... Well, she adores encyclopedias of all sorts, be they about science, the cosmos, dinosaurs, you name it! Recently, she's taken to reading more things, like young adult novels and mystery stories, though I'm guessing that's because she's running out of material. Unfortunately, they're not printing as many books in braille as I would've liked...'
Inna Wilson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshiaki Endō on Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:06 pm

{Toshi wouldn't just expect some random person he ran into in Sendai to be so closely connected to Yamaku.}

"Does she like sci-fi? Sci-fi anime tend to be pretty popular. Although a lot of them have content that might be questionable for a fifth-grader… although I guess that's true of most any genre…"
Toshiaki Endō

Back to top Go down

Post by Inna Wilson on Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:09 pm

[Considering Inna openly said that her daughter is blind, I don't see why he WOULDN'T assume she's studying in the conveniently close school for disabled kids]

'Hmm, yeah, I suppose so... But it's not just about the genre, is it? Like, even if she does like sci-fi anime, what if I pick out a figure from a series she dislikes or isn't familiar with?'
Inna Wilson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshiaki Endō on Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:15 pm

{It may not be the only school in the area for that. Schools for the blind aren't all that uncommon, especially in big cities.
Anyway, he was just being polite with the question instead of overly direct.}

"Yeah, that's the trouble…
What about music?"
Toshiaki Endō

Back to top Go down

Post by Inna Wilson on Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:33 pm

[I don't think the city where this takes place - Townsville, as some people affectionately call it, though I do need to point out that's not the official name - is relatively small when compared to other Japanese cities. But even if you're right, just assume that Inna is a bit of an airhead and didn't suppose that there might be other schools for disabled kids besides Yamaku Razz ]

'She's not a particularly big fan of music. She mostly uses her hearing for navigation, so she can't really do what you're doing and walk on the streets with headphones. Maybe she'd enjoy something like a music box, but other than that...' Inna smiles and brushes her hair back behind her ear once again, reminding herself that she should probably get a haircut one of these days, considering she's been neglecting to do that ever since she left Toronto.
Inna Wilson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshiaki Endō on Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:41 pm

"Right… thought she might enjoy it at home or wherever, but that makes sense.

"Hmm… You said your brother watches anime with her? Have you asked him about it?"
Toshiaki Endō

Back to top Go down

Post by Inna Wilson on Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:45 pm

'You know, I've actually tried calling him several times since this morning, but he doesn't pick up...' Inna says quietly as she shifts her eyes back towards the display of her phone, briefly checking for anything she could've missed a few minutes ago. 'I guess he must be busy with graduation stuff... Or something like that. It's not like him to not pick up, but hey, I'm his sister, not his babysitter' she chuckles. 'Hey, maybe you know him! He's a Yamaku student as well. What grade are you in?'
Inna Wilson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshiaki Endō on Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:49 pm

"I'm a freshman this year," he repeated.
Bit of a space case?
"What's his name?
Mine's Toshiaki Endō, by the way."
Toshiaki Endō

Back to top Go down

Post by Inna Wilson on Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:53 pm

'No, I meant what grade are you in... Y'know, 1-1, 1-2, that kind of thing. My brother's a junior, but I'm familiar with a couple of freshmen. Let's just say my daughter prefers her friends older' she chuckles before offering her hand. 'The name's Inna Wilson. My brother's Wade Wilson. I assume you've heard of him... From what I know, he's got a bit of a reputation...'
Inna Wilson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshiaki Endō on Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:58 pm

"Nice to meet you," he said, shaking her hand.
"I'm in class 1-1. Can't say I have heard of him… but then again, I've only been there five weeks now."

{Unless you intend to have Wade appear at the restaurant or something.}
Toshiaki Endō

Back to top Go down

Post by Inna Wilson on Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:03 pm

[Well, he DOES have a part-time job as a waiter there, but I'm not sure if I'll include him. I should ask the others about whether they want him there or not]

'1-1... That's Chiharu's class, isn't it?' Inna claps her hands with a smile. 'I haven't had the pleasure to meet her myself, but my daughter's quite fond of her. And trust me, you'll hear about Wade soon enough... He's doing something crazy that almost gets him expelled pretty much every week...' she sighs.
Inna Wilson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshiaki Endō on Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:12 pm

"Umm… Chiharu's a year ahead of me, actually. I mean I'm in the freshman class that just started. But yes, Chiharu's very nice, from what I've seen of her."
Toshiaki Endō

Back to top Go down

Post by Inna Wilson on Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:17 pm

'Oh, right! I almost forgot that Chiharu's moving a year up as well!' she slaps her forehead and chuckles awkwardly. 'Sorry about that! But hey, now that I think about it, you're part of the newest batch of high schoolers, right? What are your classmates like? Feed me some intel!'
Inna Wilson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next