From The Dark Of Night, The Void Gives Way To Dawn Again [Open]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

From The Dark Of Night, The Void Gives Way To Dawn Again [Open]

Post by Izumi Inaba on Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:17 am

6 AM.

The school year was bound to begin for the students of the academy. One last and final hurrah before all of life's expectations comes crashing down upon them like vultures to a carcass. Izumi laid in a hammock of his own making, in the forest behind the main building. He had been doing so for the past fortnight first in a bivouac and then deciding on this hammock drawn from fibers. Self-constructed for he brought all the tools he learned how to use while he was a scout. The hammock was of passable quality with a few mismatched hems and awkward threads hanging from the ends. Green as it was from untreated plant fiber, and tied at the ends to two trees of uneven height of each other, one longer than the other. He was too pressed to move, or rather too bothered to when he started and hence left it alone. Apathy set in but not deep enough to prevent completion then. That was a few days ago.

So it was, he was sleeping in the midst of the darkest night of that month, pitch black still even nearing dawn. Still soundly unconscious, a squirrel nestling alongside, giving up on besting the hammock to climb the tree. He had just gone off to sleep, having before been locked to attention with the starless nihility past the canopy above. He had been trying to come to grips all alone there. Had nothing better to do was his reasoning. If he had been forgotten about, it came to him as a fleeting ember of a dwindling fire.

Apathy had set in for what was there to see if it all will go away in the passage of time. Time... immemorial of all it's passing, having no sentience, no sense of self, just change. All of the uncaring and damnable ease of such, was of no consequence to all but all. Yet, in juvenile sentimentality only teenagers know, Izumi worried about the principle fact that held much worth to him. That he would not be able to see such life.

Such joy.

Such pain.

There would be none of it, but the sounds or vibrations of all that only seemed to be nearing sensation. No picture to be wrought, no image drawn, only waves of increasing cacophonous and melancholy sound.

Of course there was a way to cope but only thus, only this and little more. He could even ask his father if he ever got the chance to, just to buy and set in some new eyes. He thought of it, and even considered it. However, not being able to have a good cry or have natural sensation was too much to bear. A child again, he was, and is. Enough of rationality, for our charge is yet to remember his, only this remember.

That peace came as a thief and gave him some succor, in the form of rest, where few would come bother him. He was no longer in that state of care for the time being. All was well. His countenance betrayed a smile as he went off into that morning gone. Will someone come to wake him all ready? School's about to start. The sun peaks over the meadow and greets the world.

It is now 6:50 and he has not stirred.
Izumi Inaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: From The Dark Of Night, The Void Gives Way To Dawn Again [Open]

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:37 am

When Chiharu first came to Yamaku, she was not accustomed to walking through the woods, with uneven ground and uncertain paths. However, it's been nearly a year since then and in the mean time she has spent quite an inordinate amount of time within the verdant areas at the edge of the academy. Whether it was due to restless nights, her hunt for the perfect tree, or just finding a quiet place away from others. Because of this, and her general sensitivity to sound, she has learned how to move through the forest fairly quietly. While a keen ear could most likely hear her approach, one who is not currently paying attention to his surroundings may find her sudden statement startling.

"I thought I could find you here."

She said this no more than 5 meters away before walking towards him and softly placing a hand on his shoulder. A short moment after her last statement, comes a question.

"Hey, about how strong do you think this hammock is?"
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba on Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:10 pm

With a tussle and a turn, a beleaguered Izumi woke as the squirrel ran up the tree it ever wanted to reach by sheer fright. It would hardly be believed he was here the duration he was as he was still decently groomed. Only decently it could be said, with perhaps a razor nick on his cheek, and hair as scruffy as was the Inaba family norm, he turned and gave half a smile realizing who it was that woke him.

"It's held me up for a pair of weeks, I'd advise not moving suddenly if you decide to get on it. Way it is now, it might flip. That might be the only warning I have."

The hammock for as questionable its make seemed to be, did in fact hold considerable weight as he even stood on it to make sure it wouldn't rip, a great risk considering opportunity cost. Yes, he weighed such things as opportunity cost and satisficing but only in regards to the tasks he was preforming and never questioning what he was even doing outside when he had a dorm to lie in. It surely was as strange as it would seem but this didn't come to any of his accounts. Even now, he had the most careless normalcy about his mannerisms. Not a sign of madness or hysterics other than what seemed clear enough to anyone else. Nonchalantly, he made way by sitting up, still rubbing sleep from his eyes to allow Chiharu a seat if she so wished. While the hammock was lopsided, it was so just slightly, perhaps only a handbreadth or one and a quarter of the same. Not that steep that would make one slide far.
Izumi Inaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:03 pm

Making sure to heed Izumi's warning, Chiharu carefully sat next to him. With their weight pulling the bed into a valley, the two student's arms pressed against each other. When standing Chiharu and Izumi are only an inch apart, but as they sat there together the difference in torso height was apparent for the top of Chiharu's shoulder rested against Izumi's Bicep.

As she watched the dappled beams of misted sunlight stretch through the verdant foliage around them, Chiharu spoke softly and in a rather relaxed tone.

"Y'know... school starts back up today, right?"
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba on Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:04 am

Izumi grinned as they went into the dip, "I had an idea it was today. I won't be able to wrap this all up in time... what is it... six, seven? Well, there's not that much to store away, it's just knowing where," he went on to start off on another topic as to not have them rise up, "... that comes later, I take it the commotion with Wade ceased now? I have a presentiment that was why none even came here to question me and whatever it was I was doing."

He in part did just spend all of this time out here because he knew he had the ability to, with the eyes of the students and faculty turned there. Izumi knew it was a prime chance to store himself away here in the forest, of course using the pretext that it was all in satiric comedy. How charming he must have thought it was as a week went by. Much less so now that it was two, and without this occurrence, would have not have had much but reservation with a dash of meekness sitting there as unsung as he went.
Izumi Inaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:47 am

Chiharu takes a moment to take in and let out an audible breath before responding.

"Yeah. Wade turned up. Of course he doesn't remember anything and is back to his usual self."
<One of these days I'm going to learn not to make promises>
Upon finishing the first segment of her response, she leaned back and laid down perpendicularly along the hammock, letting her feet and head hang off the opposite sides. While aimlessly watching the world upside down, she continued talking, without changing the volume of her voice to accommodate the new position.
"I don't think you managed to fly completely under the radar though. I heard some of the staff talking about you the other day, and they sounded concerned. I went to talk to you that day but you weren't around. I assumed you were just in town or away for the summer or something. But then this morning, I was going to try to welcome you back, and you weren't there. I got worried, so rather than get ready for class, I decided to go look for you in the only other place I thought you'd be.. Here. ish. I kinda had to look for a while, but eventually I found you."
<Wow.. that took longer to say than I thought it would>
After her spiel, Chiharu let out a quiet yawn, and as she stretched out she pried her shoes off with her outstretched legs before crawling entirely on to the Hammock, laying behind Izumi.
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba on Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:45 am

Izumi was caught between wanting to smile because Chiharu held concern for him, looking uneasy because of the same concern or being concerned himself for having staff worry about him. In the end, he decided on not showing expression lest he have one that shows all at once. "What were they on about if I may ask? Also, I apologize for making you have any concern. For all my preparation I've lost track track of time and only found some sign of classes starting today through... if I could... "

Izumi began rummaging in what was once a decent enough backpack, now found in tatters and unfit for use longer than another week. He soon found his clue, after having to pull it out from underneath a sheet of notes from the year before. "...through this school year calendar, found an hour before bed yesterday on a walk I took deeper into the forest." This is where Izumi realized where Chiharu now was, laying down behind him. "Not fond of mornings are we?" He smiled, still holding the crumpled up calendar in his left hand.

Last edited by Izumi Inaba on Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Izumi Inaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:36 am

"Well, no... Waking up isn't exactly one of my strengths. But that's not why I'm tired. That would be from my lacking in the whole falling asleep side of things as well."
Chiharu rolls over on to her side, not only facing Izumi, but also taking up less space on the hammock.
"As for what they said about you, I honestly can't really remember. I think they said something about depression. Or was it your grades? I dunno..."
She then closes her eyes as she rests her head on her forearm and seems to drift for a short moment before she perks up again with an amused smile.
"Hey, speaking of grades, did I ever tell you that my parents blame my bad grades on you? They're all like, 'you were excelling in all aspects of academia before you went to that school and met that boy. You spend too much time with him and not enough time studying.'"
Following her humorous attempt at replicating her mother and father's voices simultaneously, Chiharu proceeds to giggle at herself.
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba on Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:04 am

"That would seem to correlate with the usual parental logic. I refute this of course, if only by how the entire student body whose last name isn't Motosaki had only been doing average, on average. Too bad it would take several years of law school to be able to think up of a decent comeback"  Izumi shakes his head as he imagines a scene in which both rather cross parents attempt to bar him from associating with their daughter. "By any means, most of the others you were around who just so happened to be overlooked are now graduated alumni. I accept all forthcoming blame. I accept it all with a grin." Izumi chuckled and then took his gaze over toward an unspecified part of the forest, however vague his blank stare, he seemed deep in thought. The calendar now only a ball of what once was legible paper now too creased to make sense of.

"Still, given our return to school, no doubt there will be a long lecture on how poorly we all did back there. I am hardly up and I have to listen to words I only understand enough as to give credence that there is indeed the ability to hear sound. All else would be ignored as scolding bores me so."

Last edited by Izumi Inaba on Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Izumi Inaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:35 am

Chiharu let her head fall back down on to her arm again as she looked towards the horizon and said with a soft, fairly inaudible, and wistful tone, "It must be nice to have the choice to just not listen to what someone is saying."

Speaking in a much more understandable volume, Chiharu says, "Y'know, we don't, have, to go back right away. We're already going to be late. We could just, stay here for a while."
With a relaxed smile, she tugs slightly on Izumi's arm as she continues with, "Maybe cuddle a bit."
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba on Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:40 am

With a crimson-faced crescent smile, Izumi averted his sight for a moment, not entirely comfortable with the notion. The idea of physical contact in such a manner was foreign to him, whereas the facts surrounding him even being in a relationship became secondary to his inexperience. Green as the forest around him, he knew only as much as his father taught him of women, in his own flawed, jaunty and misguided way as was the case with him. Izumi tended to prolong situations he wasn't accustomed to, in an attempt to save as much face as could be saved just to lessen any future embarrassment. It was forthcoming too, the shoddy construction of his bedding as well as the circumstance of where they were and how he currently was acting seemed to bring within him a certain sense of unworthiness. How honest should man be? He could just outright say that he isn't sure exactly how that all works but was he in such a position to admit this?

The air was dying with anticipation as moments passed without a sound (insofar as it pertains to Izumi, speaking for Chiharu would be an error in judgement,) until Izumi uttered, somewhat sheepishly: "It shall come to no surprise that I haven't ever done such a thing. This is all too weird isn't it, how this even is happening right now. Supposing you... don't mind, I would like to stay here, I much rather stay."
Izumi Inaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:02 am

Chiharu let's out a quick and amused, "Heh, of course I don't mind, I asked you stay in the first place after all"
She then resumes her usual calm and inquisitive demeanor as she asks, "You've never deliberately been late for a class before? Or did you mean you've never cuddled with someone?"
<And no, I don't think it's weird this is happening right now, it seems like a perfect opportunity>
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba on Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:04 am

"Never. I was never held in such a way I'd be aware of it." He kept his first words close, fearing that too much said now would lessen any opinions had of him. He gently brings Chiharu closer to him, hoping that by taking the initiative she wouldn't notice how nervous he was becoming. Her porcelain skin glistened outshining the morning dew and causing the sun to be placed under threat of losing its glare. The forest was still, quiet was the air and if any creature stirred, no trace of it could be noted. "For some reason, I think even this is a sort of defilement. I, acting as I was, being who I am, holding magnificent grace before me. I've been out in nature as long as I can remember but familiarity has dimmed my sense of wonder." Izumi's voice was but a faint whisper now, which was just as well normal volume for Chiharu now probably but for Izumi, who frequently made his eloquence ring true, he was becoming meek every passing moment. "I might be making more of it than I should, I understand but... How rarely do we spend time together that I feel as though I am being blessed with how patient you've been. That was why I was seeing this as strange. That, I took part of a summer off in the bush instead of with you and that I am yet allowed this."

Izumi wasn't ever this prone to make overmuch of a matter but inexperience and naiveté coupled with his own keen sense of awareness and understanding made clear sense of why. He knows only that which he has been exposed to, and this he has not, and doesn't know what it is he is to do. Letting it just happen with such a sense of guilt doesn't occur to him. Izumi then realizes that he has done what he set out precisely not to do and that was to say too much. Closing his eyes in that resigned Inaba way, he decided to stay silent for a while letting his mind catch up.

Last edited by Izumi Inaba on Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Izumi Inaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:36 am

<Maybe he has a point. We don't spend much time together. Yet I can't say that during those times I was without him that I missed him much, no more or less than a good book or a childhood blanket. Perhaps our relationship is one of convenience and intrigue rather than one of passion, but is that a bad thing? Maybe that can change...>

Chiharu uses Izumi's arm to wedge her Headphones off and in doing so nuzzles a comfortable position to lay her head as she says quietly while looking into his eyes, "For such a rare occasion, perhaps we should make the best of it?"
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba on Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:50 pm

She shouldn't have ever needed to say that, Izumi thought he knew this anyway. The greens of her irises shimmered brightly against the duller greens of the backdrop, which seemed but a blur out of focus. Time slowed here, what was 7:14 in the morning now still felt like three minutes ago instead of twenty-four. Izumi was caught between trusting himself not to say anything else that would incriminate him and just resigning himself to it. In the meantime, he took his free arm, on the right and began, ever gently running his hand down Chiharu's left arm. His hands were still warm from how he kept his hands slightly under him as he slept, not so much to numb them. He then began to speak, now remembering where his nerves went. "I could find a benefit to having this be in the way it's gone, and it's that, we're not as vulnerable as we might have been. There's an openness, a certain all-enveloping feeling which radiates between the two as an aura. That connection could bring such great and even overbearing rapture and be the most joy some will ever experience. By the same however, it can also bring just as strong an enduring pain. You know better than I - how much a degree of sensitivity can be hazardous."

"That doesn't excuse me in the slightest. I've wanted to hold you like this just so I could know your warmth, that which emanates from your smile, to the gentle contours of your skin. That losing a day or two, a week here will not be of any consequence, for how young the thought of feeling strongly just yet may be, for all I said just before, I still want to know all about this eventually, for I can hardly take in your gaze without dreaming of such a day as when that can be."
Izumi Inaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:26 am

<I would like to know as well, and I think I do>
Chiharu rolls her head to look up at the green canopy and blue sky above them. But, she only does this for but a moment before she looks back to Izumi as she nearly whispers, "Dream with me."
She then moves closer, allowing the pull of the earth and the drape of the hammock to bring them together. She brings her arm under his and around his torso as she moves to have their lips meet.
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba on Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:04 am

Izumi stirred gently enough to return the kiss, as he gradually lowered his inhibitions. The first act that showed clear signs this was occurring were the diminished qualities of his thoughts as the internal struggle between prudishness and carnality took hold within his psyche. The fact of the matter was, since Izumi was camping out here alone, never providing for his present circumstance ever occurring the whole time out, he forgot to pack certain mandatory provisions. He was right now as aware of this as one would be waking from drunkenness the night after a binge. He reached an arm of his out from the hold, cautiously groping her breast in some sort of subconscious reflex. He wanted more of her delicate skin which felt like fine velvet. What was left of his conscious mind was given to great genuflection toward causality somehow allowing this moment to be. Yet as with all things, what is made with the chances one is given was more important, and he was not going to pass up what may be the greatest opportunity he has for much more.

The singing of the birds heralded in the morning, with songs meant for spring being sung in fall. The sun finally gathered the strength to shine over the horizon bringing credence to a fuller morning. Whatever time it was now was no longer being recorded by anyone. Distinct sounds could be heard meant for a certain audience, which were not masked but could not be known. For there was no-one else around to see nor to hear, much less as there was to know. If a tree falls in a forest, and no-one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?
Izumi Inaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top