KS: The New Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[OPEN] Collaboration

2 posters

Go down

[OPEN] Collaboration Empty [OPEN] Collaboration

Post by Jimmy Cohen Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:23 pm

Jimmy sat in class, bored senseless. He didn't know why he'd even bothered to show up. It was nice outside, he didn't want to be in class. He knew all of the things they were being taught already, so he wasn't really gaining much from being there.

These stolen days of summer weather wouldn't last much longer, he thought he might as well make the most of it while he still could. Jimmy decided he would skip class the next day.

He zoned out, silently planning what to do tomorrow until he heard two words from the teacher.

"Group work."

Most of the class rushed into pairs with their friends almost instantly, leaving Jimmy behind. He scanned the room quickly. Luckily for him, there was another student who hadn't paired off either. He gave a friendly smile to the student and made his way over to them, leaving his oxygen tank at his desk.

"Hey." He said, as he took the spare seat next to his partner.
Jimmy Cohen
Jimmy Cohen

https://twitter.com/AceOfSpades_VN

Back to top Go down

[OPEN] Collaboration Empty Re: [OPEN] Collaboration

Post by Chiharu Kinai Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:14 am

Chiharu's mind seemed to be on something else as the Boy walked up to her, for she was blankly staring out the window next to her, but when he spoke to her, she snapped back to reality. At first she looked at him for a second, then her eyes quickly jumped back and forth scanning the room within a blink of an eye before she says, "I guess we're partners."
<I'm just glad it wasn't Ayaka, the girl who never ceases to speak and laughs way to loudly at things that aren't even funny. However, I don't know much about him, other than his squealing cart to carry the oxygen mask. One of these days I'm going to bring in some WD-40 to give to him, hey, now that we're partners it won't be as weird>

"So, were you paying attention? Do you know what we're going to be doing?"
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:23 am

"Honestly, I think I was paying about as much attention as you were. We'll have to see when the teacher gives us the worksheet. I think it's just a few questions, but honestly, I don't even know what subject this class is right now."

The teacher was walking around the classroom handing out the worksheets to the pairs, and giving a brief rundown of what exactly was expected of them. Jimmy and his new partner would know soon enough.

"Well, given that we're partnering up I suppose I should introduce myself properly. I'm Jimmy." He said.
Jimmy Cohen
Jimmy Cohen

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:55 pm

She replies with a straight forward tone.
"Chiharu. By the way, it's writing. We're supposed to come up with a collaborative short story."
She then began pulling out her notebook and pencil while quietly gathering information about her partner.
"So, how familiar are you with Japanese?"
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:50 am

"Nice to meet you, Chiharu. Oh, right, a short story? That sounds pretty cool actually. My Japanese? Well, I grew up learning it. My Mom's Japanese, and my Dad's Australian so I started learning through speech. There was a lot of 'Japanglish' around the house. That's what Dad liked to call it. We switched pretty randomly between the two languages. Still a bit of a habit sometimes, but I moved to Tokyo when I was 9 and became properly fluent from my time there. You won't need to worry about the language being a problem." He said, giving a reassuring smile. A flash of recognition came across his face.

"Ah, that's where I know you from... Sort of... You're the girl who Takumi collided into, right? I knew you looked familiar. He feels really bad about that, y'know, I think he wants to make up for it somehow when he next sees you. So, what about you? Are you much of a writer?"
Jimmy Cohen
Jimmy Cohen

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:55 am

<So that's who that was, I was trying to figure that out the other day>
"I don't do it much more than for school papers and such, but I'm fairly proficient."
Chiharu began writing 'By: Kinai, Chiharu and' before realizing she didn't know Jimmy's full name, or even how to spell it in Japanese. So, she simply handed him her notebook, assuming it would be obvious what he should do with it.
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:44 pm

"Well, that's good, 'cause I don't really do any writing." Jimmy said, writing his name in English on the page.
"Oh yeah, I usually just write my name in English. I don't think there's a way to write it in Japanese properly, not that I know of anyway..." He explained.

"So, uh, how do you want to start on this?" He asked, fiddling with his pen.
Jimmy Cohen
Jimmy Cohen

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:53 pm

<So I guess I'll be doing most of the writing...>
Leaning forward on to her desk, Chiharu holds her head to look at Jimmy at a nearly sideways angle as she speaks in a quiet tone.
"Pick a genre, probably. Like sci-fi, fantasy, or something like that."

Last edited by Chiharu Kinai on Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:23 pm

"Sci-fi sounds good to me, what kind of tone do you want to go for? An epic Star Trek style spacefaring adventure thing or something a little darker?" Jimmy asked, meeting his partner's gaze.
Jimmy Cohen
Jimmy Cohen

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:14 pm

Chiharu remains silent for a moment as she looks off towards the distance in thought.
<That's an excellent question...>
Eventually she says something, but retains her gaze while doing so, "We could do a dystopian future, like with a mega city or something."
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:46 pm

Jimmy smiled.
"That sounds awesome." He stated.
He paused for a moment before adding enthusiastically.
"So, do we have a bunch of gangs in this mega city or something? It sounds like a place like that would be ripe for a large criminal underground. We could do some interesting stuff with that."
Jimmy Cohen
Jimmy Cohen

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:40 pm

Chiharu looks over with a slight increase of interest as she continues the discussion, "Now that we have a general setting, what about the main character? She could be a investigator of some sort, like a detective, bounty hunter, or even a journalist."
She then watches to gauge his reaction to how she assumed the main character would be female.
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:32 pm

His eyebrows furrow for a moment in thought, but he doesn't visibly react to the idea of the character being female.

"I would say on the tone we want to set to determine what she'd do. I like the idea of having a dark, gritty style, so making her a badass bounty hunter would be the best fit for that. I mean, we could even keep her gender neutral, some sort of mysterious masked figure or something and reveal she's a female later? Play off the assumption that she's male and flip it on it's head. I think that would be cool, it'd make a nice rug-pull for the audience." He replied.

"But again, you're the more seasoned writer. Would you like to do it like that?"
Jimmy Cohen
Jimmy Cohen

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:23 am

<Just because I've written papers for schoolwork, that makes me a more seasoned writer? Does that mean he doesn't do his very often? I have a feeling I'm going to be pulling most of the weight on this project>
Chiharu replies fairly quickly and confidently, "That would work well if this was a show or movie, but with a narrative you have to refer to the character directly a lot, and it will get pretty old saying the character's name over and over rather than just he or she."
However, she shifted her demeanor to a more optimistic theorizing position as she held a finger up, pointing towards nothing in particular, while she says, "Unless, we do it in first person. Yeah that could work. It would work quite well actually."
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Cohen Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:11 am

Jimmy nodded.
"There we go, then."

"So if she's a bounty hunter, she's obviously there to kill someone, but who should it be? A gang leader? A corrupt politician?..." Jimmy left the question hanging, unable to think of any other examples.
Jimmy Cohen
Jimmy Cohen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down