[Private] The family and "friend" of a time traveler

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] The family and "friend" of a time traveler

Post by Ellie Wilson on Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:18 pm

'Yeah, guess so... It's not like we can change anything by worrying about it... I just wish I was able to help him out in some way. I really don't like being so... Useless' the little girl sighed, her eyes wandering back down to her barely touched glass of juice. It was rather ironic that such a brilliant mind was locked into such a small, crippled, worthless body, and Ellie was quite aware of that despite preferring to act like she was unaware of her potential. 'But anyway' she spoke eager to change the subject. 'What's going on with you? I can't even remember the last time you spoke about school!'
Ellie Wilson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:41 am

"Heh, that's probably because I never have. For the most part, there isn't a whole lot to talk about, nothing interesting that is. Things are going fairly well, they still are very insistent on having me follow a curriculum and prove to them I am learning something, which is pretty annoying, but it's not that bad. So, I've been spending my time outside of class researching things on my own."

Anticipating a question regarding her research, Chiharu preemptively answered with a hint of enthusiasm, "Recently I've been looking into Astrophysics."
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie Wilson on Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:03 pm

Ellie could definitely understand where Chiharu was coming from - the school curriculum just wasn't enough to stimulate the development of gifted children. The little girl was no stranger to extracurricular activities - going as far as she could remember, she had been studying subjects for multiple grades at once - that was how she had been able to get into fifth grade at age seven, after all! School was rarely a place where she learned something new. In all honesty, the only reason she went at all was because her mother insisted. Inna claimed that contact with other children was important for Ellie's mental development, but frankly, the child barely spoke to anyone at school - ironically, she was the most mature person in her class despite being by far the youngest, and this never really allowed her to find any common ground. It wasn't like she was being bullied or anything, and the other kids were definitely nice to her whenever she asked for something, but she had no interactions with them past that point. Well, at least she appeared to be meshing well with high schoolers, considering her friendships with Chiharu, Mizo and everyone else, not to mention her uncle, which was why she decided to push herself a little harder this year and study the subjects for fifth, sixth and seventh grade. Next year she was going to go into middle school, which she was going to take for one year again before entering high school at age 9. Of course, by that time pretty much everyone she knew would have graduated already, but that didn't matter. All Ellie cared about - all anyone really cares about - was that she would finally belong. In any case, she was quite familiar with the process of studying material not taught in school yet... Though she had to admit that the next thing Chiharu said caught her by surprise.

'Astrophysics?' Ellie chuckled. 'That's definitely not an answer I was expecting! Are you going to try and be a rocket scientist? Or an astronaut?' the little girl asked, tilting her head slightly. Honestly, she had never viewed Chiharu as someone who was stupid - hell, she probably wasn't going to even consider her a friend if that was the case - but astrophysics far exceeded her expectations in pretty much every way.
Ellie Wilson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top