KS: The New Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Private] Just Another Day

2 posters

Go down

[Private] Just Another Day Empty [Private] Just Another Day

Post by Wade Wilson Jr. Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:19 pm

Wade's alarm clock rang at exactly 6:30 in the morning, as it always did - with a loud, cheerful 8-bit tune meant to energize him and prepare him for the day ahead... But instead, all it had done was make him hate that track with a passion. He groaned and turned around in his bed, taking his phone and looking at the holographic display. It was Wednesday, November 9th, 2022 - a school day. Which meant that, even though Wade would've literally killed a man for just fifteen more minutes of sleep, it was time to get up. The young man painfully pushed himself out of the bed, removing the covers and turning around before placing his bare feet on the carpet below. Even though he still had a whole hour and a half until school, he still needed to prepare Ojou-sama's breakfast.

It had been about two and a half months since Wade started living with Saki - the girl who, despite being paraplegic, ended up making his life a living hell. It's worth noting that "living with" wasn't exactly the right term to use in this context, as even though the two were roommates on paper, he was, for all intents and purposes, her servant. Wade took care of all the housework, followed Saki's schedule and had to comply with all of her little whims. After school, the girl usually had some sort of activity waiting for her, be it a private session with a tutor, a club gathering or something else along those lines, and it was up to him to take her there, wait until she was done and then take her home, which usually ate most of his afternoon. By the time he returned, he had to prepare dinner, make Saki's bento for the next day and also take care of whatever chores and whims she had in store for him. Somewhere in between all that, he also had to make room for studying and homework, as the school had made it rather explicit that they were doing him a favor by keeping him in, and if he wanted to graduate, he needed to improve his grades significantly.

Honestly, Wade sometimes wondered if he even wanted to stay. This life was a nightmare for him, draining him both physically and mentally. And whenever he got a spare minute - which was usually around weekends, he ended up spending it alone, as what few friends he had were nowhere to be seen. Satoshi was nowhere to be seen, and Mizo and Hawke were acting awkward around him, like something had happened that he didn't know about. Chiharu barely even spoke to him... But then again, she never quite did, anyway. There was also the matter of his family, which had disowned him in all but name - his mother barely called, and his sister wouldn't allow him anywhere near his niece for the time being. At this point, it would've been FAR easier for Wade to just give up, go back to Canada and enlist in the army or something like that. Frankly, the only reason he kept fighting was out of sheer stubbornness... At least, that's what he told himself.

Those were the kinds of things Wade contemplated as he fried a pair of eggs and some bacon. Usually, the breakfast he prepared ended up being much simpler - nine times out of ten, it was just toast and jam, or something along those lines. But since they had ran out of bread during dinner and Wade had been too tired to buy some more, he needed to make do with what they had in the fridge. Thankfully, the benefit of living with someone with a six-digit bank account meant that they had a pretty well stocked fridge, so the possibilities were only limited by Wade's culinary skill and the time they had available. Ultimately, he decided to make her a smiley face breakfast, with the eggs, bacon and a slice of tomato neatly arranged on a plate into the form of eyes, round nose and a long grin. After that was done, Wade turned the stove off and placed the plate on the table, alongside a napkin and utensils - he considered making something for himself as well, but ultimately decided that he didn't have enough time for it, and he wasn't all that hungry anyway.

Finally, it was time for the final part of the morning ritual - the awakening. At exactly 7 AM, Wade entered Saki's room, twisting the handle of the Western-style door gently before stepping inside. He made his way over to the sleeping girl, placing his hand on her shoulder and gently shaking her. 'Good morning, Princess' he spoke to her. 'Come on, time to wake up. Breakfast, uniform, school - you know how this goes'
Wade Wilson Jr.
Wade Wilson Jr.

Back to top Go down

[Private] Just Another Day Empty Re: [Private] Just Another Day

Post by Ishimura Saki Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:49 am

While she still wouldn't say she was happy, Saki had gotten used to the way things were working around here now. While the new school didn't quite have the pedigree of her old one, it wasn't a bad place. She was still stuck in a wheelchair, and she was still in pain. All the different kinds of therapies in the world couldn't erase it forever. Pills. Ice baths. Massage machines. Whatever it was, Saki had probably tried it. When money wasn't a limit, the possibilities were endless, even if most of them provided a temporary respite She kept involved, and she was bright, so school wasn't much of a problem for her. Making friends though, was another story entirely. Saki always had things going on, and she was in several clubs and other activities. But one thing still hadn't changed and that was her lack of closeness to other people. Imperious to the bone, people were understandable not sure how to relate to her. Her brains were part of it to be sure. But it was also mostly her personality, as her slave had been well acquainted with. Saki didn't even pretend what her relationship to this idiot was. She openly referred to him as her slave. No wonder no would could relate her!

What Saki had become was resigned to her fate. She didn't love up here in the boonies of Japan, but she didn't hate either. From someone like Saki, that was probably the best kind of endorsement a place could hope to get. It wasn't home for her, and it never would be, but at least she had stopped accosting her father every day over the phone about why she had been sent out here. The city wasn't cosmopolitan enough, and it never would be. But at least Saki had gotten into a routine of sorts. For her it was normal, but for a certain someone, it was probably terrible.

Saki didn't even feel the arm gently shaking her frail shoulder. She was having a dream. A really good dream. It was hot and sunny, and the wheelchair was no where in sight. No doctors. No assistants. No nothing. SHe was standing entirely on her own power, and it was quite wonderful. It certainly beat the dreary weather that currently was hovering over the city and worsening Saki's already usually foul mood. But in the dream, everything was wonderful. Until she felt the shaking, and her eyes fluttered open, revealing her servant hovering over her. She looked almost peaceful for a minute, until her eyes narrowed into a sight that would be quite familiar to Wade. "I-idiot!" She yelped groggily, wiping the sleep out of her eyes. "W-who gave you permission to touch me so boldly!" This was a stupid question, because his duties often involved touching her. But perhaps she was just tired. Or maybe Wade could just never win. "I know what time it is." She scoffed, actually having no idea what the time was. She was terribly dependent. That's what a life with maids and butlers all the time would do. "Did you get my uniform pressed like I asked you? I absolutely must look my best!" She was convinced she was the most beautiful girl in school. She was beautiful, but well, not in the way most boys her age wanted.
Ishimura Saki
Ishimura Saki

Back to top Go down

Post by Wade Wilson Jr. Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:50 am

At that point, Wade was quite used to Ojou-sama's behavior, especially early in the morning. As such, Saki's comments didn't particularly faze him - instead, the young man simply went about his business, pulling the blinds open and finally letting some light into the room. 'Oh, yeah? Alright, then - next time I'll just get a horn or something. You know, the kind they use in soccer matches in Europe. 100% touch-free!' he grinned. 'And yeah, your uniform's ready. Took care of that last night before bed. You're welcome, by the way' Wade spoke as he walked up to the folded wheelchair leaning against the wall, exactly where he had put it last night. The young man unfolded it, then wheeled it back to Saki's bed and placed it right next to it, so that she would have little trouble sitting in it when the time was right. 'Okay, give me a sec, I'll go get your uniform' Wade said, leaving Saki's room for just a second as he grabbed the clothing hanging in the hallway, which looked pretty much impeccable - washed, pressed and smelling like the sweetest of flowers. Really, it was kind of hard to believe that someone who couldn't even wash their own underwear had transformed into such an amazing housekeeper over the span of just two months, but the truth was, Wade had a lot of untapped potential within him. If he really put his mind and heart to it, he could literally become anything he wanted - be it an astronaut, an assassin or just a stay-at-home dad. Problem was, he rarely cared about his potential, and only tapped into it when he absolutely needed to. The boy was one of those people who lived solely in the present - anything before or after today was none of his concern.

After brining the uniform back to Saki, Wade laid it gently on her bed, careful to avoid wrinkling it. 'Alright, hurry up and get changed. I've got your breakfast ready, and it's getting cold. I'm not microwaving it if you take 45 minutes again!' he told Saki before leaving her alone to give her some privacy. Next, it was time for him to put on his own uniform, which only took a few minutes - boys were lucky for not having to deal with their hair and make-up every morning. Once that was done, Wade grabbed his phone and bag and went to the kitchen, where he sat on one of the chairs. While waiting for his master-- err, roommate, the young man placed his phone on the table and turned on the holographic display, waving his fingers through the air in front of him until he accessed today's schedule, which he quickly read to himself in order to brief Saki in on it later.
Wade Wilson Jr.
Wade Wilson Jr.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ishimura Saki Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:10 pm

aki was not a morning person that much was obvious. Though the question remained of whether she would actually be anymore gentle if it was later in the day. The answer to that was probably no. One would think that a girl like Saki would be kind given her wealthy and easy life, but that was not the case. Wade was lucky to get a thank maybe once every thousand times he did something for her, and even that was given grudgingly. While Saki had no problems berating other people, other emotions came more difficulty to her. "Don't you dare bring something like that in here!" She snapped, her tiny arm extending outward to point a finger at him accusingly. For such a tiny girl, there sure was a fire inside her. Even if she wasn't easily liked, it was quite possible to admire that determination. If you could get around the horrible way she treated you. "I will take as long as I want, idiot. Beauty like this isn't made in a day." She tilted her nose up at him as he left. She began the long process of getting herself dressed. The uniform itself wasn't a problem, though putting on the stockings could be painful depending on the day. Which is why she took some pills. The real problem area was her hair. Before she had an army of maids to do it, now there was just her.

Approximately twenty minutes later, Saki wheeled her way into the kitchen where her breakfast was waiting. This was pretty quick for her. Sometimes she took over an hour to get ready. Some of that was due to the complexity of her hair, but a lot of it was just from her never feeling rushed. As far as she was concerned, the world should wait for her, and as of yet, no one had been able to disabuse her of that notion. Would they ever? It didn't seem likely. As usual, she left the logistics of her bag and everything to him. The irony being that if he left, she'd be totally lost. With a huff, she wheeled in front of the set out breakfast. "So what's on my schedule for today?" She was fairly diligent with her schoolwork at least. That sort of thing had always come easier to her. But now she was staring at the eggs, with the ketchup smiley face. A small bit of color spread across her cheeks. "W-what..is this? A-are you trying to be cute?"
Ishimura Saki
Ishimura Saki

Back to top Go down

Post by Wade Wilson Jr. Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:12 pm

Wade played with the holographic display of his phone during the time it took Saki to get ready - he knew that he probably had time to make his own breakfast, but he wasn't feeling particularly hungry - and besides, he also had made two sandwiches for himself last night, which he usually brought to school in lieu of a proper bento like the one he made for his roommate, so he was probably just going to eat at school. Instead, he opted to spend the time browsing the Web - he checked a few gaming websites and skimmed through some of the articles that caught his eye, and also viewed his texts and e-mails, most of which were spam. During his disappearance, Wade had lost his old phone and all of the contacts on it, and as such he had to restart his address book from scratch. Some of the numbers, like those of his family and close circle of friends, he knew by heart (or at least he thought he did), but everyone else was pretty much lost unless they decided to text him first. Thus far, only a handful of students had done so, which wasn't all that surprising considering Wade had a bit of a reputation of being a delusional maniac following his last few incidents.

Finally, Saki wheeled herself out of her bedroom and took her place at the table. This time, she hadn't taken as long as she usually did to prepare, though that really wasn't saying much... If only she stopped bothering with that ridiculous hairstyle of hers! Wade had no idea what was wrong with a ponytail or loose hair, but apparently only the most intricate of haircuts was enough to please Ojou-sama. In all honesty, it did look good on her, and it certainly made her stand out - as if everything else about her didn't do the job already - but he was unsure about whether or not taking so long every morning was really worth it. Soon enough, Saki noticed the breakfast Wade had prepared for her, and thankfully, this discovery elicited more or less the reaction the young man had hoped for. 'Pretty much!' he grinned. 'It worked, didn't it?'

Upon being asked about the schedule, Wade quickly flicked his fingers across the display, bringing back the tab with the schedule. 'Okay, so... Today you don't actually have a lot of stuff to do. Right after school you've got club activities for the... Literature club, I believe. I didn't even know you liked to read!' he teased her with a chuckle. 'Club activities end at 3:30, and after that I'll come pick you up and take you to the hospital, as you've got a doctor's appointment at 4. You're seeing Dr. Hideyo Masuda, and it doesn't say what the examination will be, but the dude's a gynecologist, so... You know' he grinned. Of course, Dr. Masuda also worked as a GP in addition to his position as a gynecologist, but Saki didn't need to know that for the time being. 'After the exam we'll have some spare time, so maybe we can grab a coffee somewhere until 6, when you're seeing some dude named Nathaniel Laurence for an English lesson at his place. An hour and a half later, we can probably go eat out or something, as it'd be pretty late at this point. After that we're going home, and what you do from then on is none of my business, but if it was up to me, I'd say homework and a wank are in order'
Wade Wilson Jr.
Wade Wilson Jr.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ishimura Saki Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:21 pm

Saki stared downward at the ketchup face, her own face showing an expression that was much more common than Saki would have cared to admit: her flustered face. Still, she couldn't let it bother her. Did he think she was a child? Was he trying to do a thing that couples did? Didn't he know his place as her servant? These were the thoughts that were running through Saki's head at the moment. Violently, she jabbed down with the fork, eating up the egg quickly so she wouldn't have to look at it anymore. "Hmpf. So what! I was just a little surprised." She said, dabbing at her lips with an ornately frilled napkin. Everything in the house was expensive. Nothing had been spared, except for hiring more maids which she constantly complained to her father about. But he was certain that this idiot would suffice. Saki wasn't so sure. She continued to eat her breakfast while listening to the schedule.

He was right, today was a fairly light day. Saki did like to keep busy, but her body had its limits, both mentally and physically. Plus, there were certain hobbies that were just better indulged alone, like video games. Literature club was well and good enough, but it was the doctor appointment that concerned her. You'd think that after how many she had visited in her young life, it would be old hat by now, but that wasnt' the case of Saki. "You should try reading something." She snapped. "It might improve your vocabulary you dummy. I don't think I've ever seen you read anything more than a comic book." Once again, her habit of haughtily tossing her hair kicked in. Saki prided herself on being cultured, and she had read all sorts of literature. Not that she had anyone to discuss it with. Poor Saki, she had so few friends. "Don't you dare speculate on my appointment. If I wanted your opinion I would ask for it. You are such a lewd character, I know that you will use it to fuel your most perverse fantasies!" Saki was getting angry, her cheeks turning a little red. His comment about the wanking certainly didn't help his case.
Ishimura Saki
Ishimura Saki

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down