KS: The New Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Open] My Mathematical Mind

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

[Open] My Mathematical Mind - Page 2 Empty Re: [Open] My Mathematical Mind

Post by Kanjiro Watari Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:09 pm

"I'll try." Kanjiro said, as Myra took his hand and led him onwards.

Were it in any other context, this kind of physical contact would have felt alien to him. It wasn't something he experienced often, but the manner in which it was done made it feel like it was nothing. It started putting him at ease again, the redness slowly draining from his face. He tried his best to keep up with her, but very evidently failed to match her pace, trailing behind as they neared the gate. He was jogging just to get this poor attempt at keeping up. He decided to pick it up a little, he had the energy. He sped up and managed to match her pace, his mind switched through hundreds of different thoughts, but it kept returning to pure bafflement as to how and why she walked so quickly.

Then he realised he'd voiced his confusion out loud.

"How are you so quick?"
Kanjiro Watari
Kanjiro Watari

Back to top Go down

Post by Myra Lee Ferreira Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:52 am

Oh. I didn't realize I walked way past him. The footsteps stop-started , going from slow to a tiny bit faster, then back to slow and fast again - without me noticing. I presume this is what young people call "dragging their friends along for the ride".

I slowed my pace to allow him to walk beside me, releasing his hand so as not to risk pulling him in the future. I lifted on stocking covered leg in the air before putting it down.

"My legs are very long and I am an avid swimmer. Being from one of the most dangerous cities in Brazil and not really having an automobile to transport me places, I've learned to pick up the pace when I go from place to place. Especially when trouble is near."
Myra Lee Ferreira
Myra Lee Ferreira

Back to top Go down

Post by Kanjiro Watari Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:36 am

"Oh..." He didn't really know how to respond. Brazil, it explained why she looked rather exotic. He looked at her, struggling to make some sort of further conversation.

"Do you prefer it here?" He asked eventually.
Kanjiro Watari
Kanjiro Watari

Back to top Go down

Post by Myra Lee Ferreira Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:25 am

A few paces to the bus stop, I contemplate the question and my feelings toward my homeland vs. Japan.

"Well...it's better than watching people murdered before your eyes in broad sunlight."

I press on to the bus stop, check the schedule and sit on the bench.

"I don't know where I belong in the world since I emerged from a very confused, traumatic time and place. Everything has happened in such a short, rushed span of time that I am still processing it."

My finger brush against my voice box and the scars to the side of it.

"Do you like it here at this particular establishment?"
Myra Lee Ferreira
Myra Lee Ferreira

Back to top Go down

Post by Kanjiro Watari Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:12 pm

He tried to hide his surprise, he'd heard rumours of course, but he'd never fathomed that it was that dangerous.

"I don't... process things well. Don't know what I think. It's better to be here. Not sure if I like it more." He replied.

"I have a lot of trouble knowing what I'm thinking..." He admitted, as he sat down on the bench.
Kanjiro Watari
Kanjiro Watari

Back to top Go down

Post by Myra Lee Ferreira Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:34 pm

The sky is a greyish shade of blue today. The sun is hidden by thin clouds. I watch them drift slowly by like the minutes until the bus comes barreling down the road. I pull out my bus pass and step on after the doors open. Took a seat in the midsection of the bus, next to the window.

Myra Lee Ferreira
Myra Lee Ferreira

Back to top Go down

Post by Kanjiro Watari Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:28 pm

Kanjiro's eyes darted around, trying to take in every sight in front of him as much as he could, sitting silently next to Myra for a while. It was good for him. It meant he didn't have to focus on being present enough to hold a conversation for a while, so he just let himself get lost to the noise in his mind, his eyes jumping to a new sight with every thought. As much as he'd been enjoying Myra's company, communicating things to her was incredibly taxing. He stood upright as soon as he saw the bus rounding a corner and emerging into view, waiting patiently for it to stop before he stepped on, displayed his own pass and took the seat next to his new acquaintance. He felt a few pairs of eyes fixing themselves on him uneasily, but he just stared forwards, looking past everything and into the grey sky.
Kanjiro Watari
Kanjiro Watari

Back to top Go down

Post by Myra Lee Ferreira Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:47 am

(So so sorry about the long delay. Things have been awfully hectic.)

"You know....I wonder if the world will be saved or is worth saving at all."

The bus wheels rumbled against the decline of the hill towards the town. I scope around. A few people's eyes are fixed on mine. Fixed on my voice-box. Fixed on my very blood running through my body at this very moment. They smell an impostor among them.

"Sorry... Such a silly digression. I tend to be melancholic on days like these. The quiet brings all of the old noises back in."
Myra Lee Ferreira
Myra Lee Ferreira

Back to top Go down

Post by Kanjiro Watari Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:21 pm

[Not to worry. With Christmas and all, I know how it gets. I've been pretty busy myself.]

Kanjiro found this statement a little odd. Breaking out of his trance, he cocked an eyebrow.
"Hard to say... Didn't know it was ending." He said, with a small, mournful laugh.

"It's fine. I know a lot about noise. Hear it all the time. Today's a good day, a quiet day. They're not very often. But it's always there, in the background somewhere. Sometimes I almost enjoy just listening to it. That's not right, is it?"
Kanjiro Watari
Kanjiro Watari

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2