KS: The New Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Closed] Too Late for Introductions

Go down

[Closed] Too Late for Introductions Empty [Closed] Too Late for Introductions

Post by Myra Lee Ferreira Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:20 am

Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap.

I knew not who it was. I could see the shadowy feet from under the door. I knew not the Devil but I knew something was coming. Some monster much more sinister than other children's bed creations. My small lips - taut. My body curled and compact to contain the clammy feeling of claustrophobic, all-enveloping dread.

The feet passed. Heavy and ascending. Cresting.

tap. tap. tap...

The fresh scent of rain. The water drips an inch from my face from the hole in the ceiling.

Driiiiiiiip. driiiiiiiiip.

The crash of the door being kicked open. Foreign hands ripping me from my bed. I screamed once before her fist colliding with the side of my jaw. I yelped and whimpered like a kicked dog.

My father, awakened from his slumber, charges from his room. Head jerks left to right. I fell to the ground. And a pair of frenzied feet dangled from my eyes. My nails tore the gashed skin from my throat in slow, repetitive strokes; my fingers were dyed with red watercolors to paint the scene. I could not speak of it then. But with my blood I painted. And painted.

I kept clawing. Until I heard... CRACK! SQUELCH!. The woman's face was several inches from my own with her neck gnarled and twisted, the bone sticking out from the oddest angle...with the knife that took my voice protruding from her ribs.

Then silence.

I awake in my room. My body is drenched in sweat.

Tap, tap, tap. Tap, tap, tap. Tap. Tap. Tap.

My breath hitches and my eyes burn into the darkness of my room. The footsteps passed with rancorous laughter.

My home is reaching to me again. In my dreams, it is reaching for my neck.
Myra Lee Ferreira
Myra Lee Ferreira

Back to top Go down