KS: The New Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Open] You Don't Need a Weatherman to See Which Way The Wind Blows

2 posters

Go down

[Open] You Don't Need a Weatherman to See Which Way The Wind Blows Empty [Open] You Don't Need a Weatherman to See Which Way The Wind Blows

Post by Myra Lee Ferreira Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:45 am

If you want something done. you must do it yourself. Not a one on that internet networking interface to guide; I take my inquiry to authority. I seek out the English teacher with hope that they can guide in the direction of clubs of interest.

I knock on the open door of the teacher's lounge.

"Hello, is anyone in?"
Myra Lee Ferreira
Myra Lee Ferreira

Back to top Go down

[Open] You Don't Need a Weatherman to See Which Way The Wind Blows Empty Re: [Open] You Don't Need a Weatherman to See Which Way The Wind Blows

Post by Nathaniel Laurence Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:11 pm

Nathaniel turned from the stack of papers he was grading when he heard her at the door.

"Miss Ferreira, something you need?"
Nathaniel Laurence
Nathaniel Laurence

Back to top Go down

[Open] You Don't Need a Weatherman to See Which Way The Wind Blows Empty Re: [Open] You Don't Need a Weatherman to See Which Way The Wind Blows

Post by Myra Lee Ferreira Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:07 am

"Good evening, Professor Laurence," I said with a curt nod, entering the room. "There is. I need to know if there is anything resembling a journalistic or literary function here on campus. I've been asking around but the student body isn't to helpful regarding the matter. A school newsletter would be a fine start if there is one."
Myra Lee Ferreira
Myra Lee Ferreira

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Laurence Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:44 pm

"Well, as I've been told, there haven't been any official clubs in a while now. Extracurriculars seem to have fallen by the wayside. I don't think we've had a student-run paper for several years.

"However, if you're interested, I believe the requirements to start an organization are three students and a faculty sponsor. If you find two more students that would be interested and motivated to participate, I'll gladly act as your sponsor."
Nathaniel Laurence
Nathaniel Laurence

Back to top Go down

Post by Myra Lee Ferreira Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:03 pm

"Extracurriculars are an essential part of a student's education and a key part of their social and career growth. How can there be absolutely none? For years, at that??"

My voice box crackled from the sheer volume its owner wished to convey but could not provide; it continued to maintain it's measured, affectless tone. I cross my arms and think on the teacher's proposition.

"So be it, Professor. It is kind of you to offer yourself as an anchor while I round up a crew to sail this ship I want to build. Just out of curiosity, do you recommend any students you know of as possible interested candidates?"
Myra Lee Ferreira
Myra Lee Ferreira

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Laurence Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:18 pm

"Well, when some schools are barely managing to teach their students basic maths and a decent level of literacy, certain powers that be feel the need to divert funding, in spite of the fact that doing so will only exacerbate the issue.

"As far as the others, there are several of your own classmates and several more among the juniors that I believe would be up to the task. You might ask them."
Nathaniel Laurence
Nathaniel Laurence

Back to top Go down

Post by Myra Lee Ferreira Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:42 am

I shake my head to the dismal situation of education today. It seems these systems are content with keeping our youth uneducated and lifeless.

"Thank you kindly for the suggestion, Professor. I will take my leave now."

I bow to him, turn and make my way out of the teacher's lounge, wild thoughts running through my fevered head.
Myra Lee Ferreira
Myra Lee Ferreira

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down