KS: The New Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stupid Eyes, Stupid Braille, Stupid Everything! (open)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Stupid Eyes, Stupid Braille, Stupid Everything! (open) Empty Stupid Eyes, Stupid Braille, Stupid Everything! (open)

Post by Yuriko Futeki Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:54 pm

Yuriko browses the Braille section of Yamaku's library and picks out a random book.

She begins to read said book with ehr fingers, a look of deep concentration on her face. After a mere five minutes she slams the book on the table.

"Ahhhggg! this is too hard!"
Yuriko Futeki
Yuriko Futeki

Back to top Go down

Stupid Eyes, Stupid Braille, Stupid Everything! (open) Empty Re: Stupid Eyes, Stupid Braille, Stupid Everything! (open)

Post by Satoshi Veach Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:23 pm

"WHAH!!!"

THE FUCK WAS THAT?? Awww man. The girl made me put a dark line of soft charcoal across my entire page I was drawing on.

Is she blind to not notice that I was drawing and that it takes actual care to do? At least it wasn't something more perminent. All I need to do is get my kneaded eraser and redraw the middle that I'll have to erase. It'll leave a mark through the drawing but at least it wasn't dense charcoal or I'd have to start from scratch.

"Yeesh, I don't think slamming that book will do anything to help."

I'm more calm now.

"Everyone knows that only works with technology, Heh."
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Stupid Eyes, Stupid Braille, Stupid Everything! (open) Empty Re: Stupid Eyes, Stupid Braille, Stupid Everything! (open)

Post by Yuriko Futeki Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:20 pm

She looks up, showing her Heterochromatic eyes. "Oh... I didn't know there were other people here..." She blushes in embarrassment.
Yuriko Futeki
Yuriko Futeki

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:51 pm

What's with those eyes? Probably has something to do with her disability. I've learned not to question anything like that anymore.

"It's cool."

I look deeper in her eyes. She's clearly frustraighted but what is she like? She seems to be difficult to decipher.

Everything I see in her eyes points to the fact that she's got a sunny disposition along with her look.

I'm about to ask what she's frustraighted about and then I see something off with her book. Braille?

Is she blind? She looked right at me when she noticed me here so I don't think so. Well then, why is she trying to learn Braille? Wait, maybe it's the story in the book she's frustraighted with...

"You don't seem to be blind. What's with the braille?"
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuriko Futeki Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:58 pm

She smacks the book with her left hand, her frustration still showing in her voice. "I'm not blind yet... But these damned dots are really hard to read!"
Yuriko Futeki
Yuriko Futeki

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:39 pm

Ah so she's going blind.

She came out with it kind of easily. Perhaps she wont until far into the future, maybe?

"I understand. You're trying to work your sense of touch more but because you aren't blind it isn't keen enough to feel each distinct dot."

I've never thought up a solution for something like this so it takes about 10 seconds.

"Try learning how to read bralle with your eyes. After you read each page with your finger, read it with your eyes to correct yourself and continue with what happens in the story for entertainment. While you read books your sense of touch should get used to being used so accurately and will adapt to fit your needs."

I'm only infering but with the way a human body operates, I expect that to work even though I've never even thought of anything like that before.

Little scrapes of a pencil against paper can be heard eminating from my pad.
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuriko Futeki Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:49 pm

She nods once. "I guess it's more of I don't want to go blind..." She closes the book and takes a deep breath.

"Onee-sama makes it look so easy... and she runs a giant business on top of that!"
Yuriko Futeki
Yuriko Futeki

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:57 pm

A big business? Her family back ground must be wealthy and if her sister knows braille than blindness must run in her family.

Her sister probably isn't much older than her so she must of become blind at an early age.

"Though she was blind at an early age, correct? That would mean her sense of touch has already been well developed to be more accurate."
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuriko Futeki Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:01 pm

She shakes her head no. "She's only been blind for five years."
Yuriko Futeki
Yuriko Futeki

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:07 pm

Well, I can't infer correctly every time.

"Oh. Still quite a while."

"Without sight, that should be plenty long."

I Realise I don't even know her name yet.

"What's your name?"
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuriko Futeki Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:16 pm

She tilts her head slightly. "I'm Yuriko Futeki, everybody calls me Yuri-chan though. And yours?"
Yuriko Futeki
Yuriko Futeki

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:22 pm

My head has already been tilted slightly to the side and back for the entire conversation.

I wonder if it's too informal to her if I call her that. Well, she said everyone calls her Yuri-chan so she must mean everyone including me now.

"The name is Satoshi Veach. I just go by what anyone feels like calling me."
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuriko Futeki Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:32 pm

she nods. "Very well Satoshi-kun." She brushes a her bangs away from her eyes. "what year are you in?"
Yuriko Futeki
Yuriko Futeki

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:55 pm

"I'm a 4th year, though it is my first year here."

"What about yourself?"

She seems rather young-looking.
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuriko Futeki Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:57 pm

She tilts her head further. "I'm a first year... But 4th year? I thought Japan only had 3 years of high school... Maybe this place is like California..."
Yuriko Futeki
Yuriko Futeki

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:08 am

(Oh poop. Whoops I should probably brush up on Japanese school culture. O.o)

"I mean 3rd year."

Why did I say 4th year? I guess I inherited my mom's random confusion. Ugh.

"Ugh..."
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuriko Futeki Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:20 am

((Hehe, don't worry about it, Japan's school is really strange, their schoolyear starts in March.))

"You were thinking of American schooling right?" she scratches her cheek. "That's what it was like in California if I remember correctly..."
Yuriko Futeki
Yuriko Futeki

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:40 am

(Also thanks for clearing that up. I knew it started early in the year but I didn't know exactly which month Razz)

"Nah, I was born in Japan. I just inherited something from my ma where we will sometimes speak utter nonsense. For instance, a couple times she would want to call my name but ended up naming off all three of my brother's names before mine."

(True story based off of my life. My real name is Troy and she called me all three of my older brother's names then called me 'Troh' THEN 'Tree' and then my name. You read that all correctly.)
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuriko Futeki Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:09 am

((No problem.))

She nods. "I've only known my parents for three years. They sort of just dumped me with my mother's father in Transylvania when I was born. Lived there most of my life, then moved to California with onee-sama, then to Tokyo with my parents."
Yuriko Futeki
Yuriko Futeki

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:26 am

Huh, that's surprising. I've never heard of anybody doing anything like that before.

I've never heard of Transylvania before, either but no matter.

"That sounds like an interesting life. I myself have always been a momma's boy and never moved once so I guess you can say my life was almost the exact oppasite."

Truly an interesting girl...
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuriko Futeki Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:47 am

she straightens her head. "Interesting?... It doesn't feel interesting..." She looks towards the floor.
Yuriko Futeki
Yuriko Futeki

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:50 am

"Well of course it doesn't to you. It's interesting though because your life sounds different from others'."

My gaze is still fixed upon her.
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuriko Futeki Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:57 am

she looks contemplative for a second. "Onee-sama's life is infinitely more interesting than mine, she owns a giant chain of Maid Cafes, and lives with over 40 housemaids at her Estate... I fail to see how mine can be interesting..."
Yuriko Futeki
Yuriko Futeki

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:15 am

So she belongs to that family? She really is interesting.

"Just because someone owns a popular line of resteraunts, doesn't mean you yourself are any less interesting."

Hold on...

"You said you lived in California a while."

*English* "Is this better or are you more used to Japanese?"
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuriko Futeki Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:25 am

Her eyes light up. "[english] Perfect, English is much easier. I was afraid I'd be the only person who could speak it... Oh, I can speak Romanian too, but nobody besides my sister understands me when I speak it..."
Yuriko Futeki
Yuriko Futeki

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next