Rii Nakamura

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rii Nakamura

Post by Rii Nakamura on Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:23 pm

NAME: Rii Nakamura
CLASS: Junior
APPEARANCE: Rii is quite short for her age, standing at 5"3. As for her weight, she is slightly under the average for her age group, which if you put with her height, makes her look younger than she actually is in appearance. Her hair is a dark grey, with a few highlights on the tips. It is usually styled quite messily with the use of hairspray, and she never wears it up in a ponytail or bun. Her eyes are crimson. Asides from the traditional school uniform, outside of the campus she is often wearing a orange custom jacket which she fixed together herself, along with a matching skirt and arm warmers.
BACKSTORY: Rii was born mute - due to undeveloped vocal chords, her other senses remain intact - and thus was often that lone student separated from the kindergarten class. Born into a very strict family, Rii grew up learning the so-called 'important' things in life, such as learning the piano - or practising in the families dojo alongside her younger brother, Ash - who was an English child adopted into the family. In the dojo, Rii mainly trained with a Katana - Finding it the easiest to master, as compared to physical practices - as she isn't particularly strong. At the age of 7, she'd mastered Kendo enough to hold her own against her mentor. Rii never partook in any tournaments, or events due to lack of confidence in herself - feeling that she already stood out enough already, and anything public would just heighten that.

As for her relationship with her brother, Ash, Rii often tried to avoid him as much as possible. Ash was the opposite to Rii, and paid no heed to his studies at all - he mainly enjoyed slacking off up a tree or hidden in bushes. These actions often got him scolded by their parents. At the age of 15, her parents decided to enrol her in Yamaku Academy in order to give her a better quality of life, around other people her age who had perhaps faced similar difficulties growing up, or dealing with, disabilities. Her parents felt that it would allow her to focus more on her studies if she felt more comfortable amongst others. Currently, Rii communicates with others via a note pad, which she carries around with her wherever she goes - she'll write anything she wants to say on it.
PERSONALITY: Rii is very care-free, and enjoys meeting new people. Overall, she has a rather bubbly and playful atmosphere around her which often just adds to the 'younger' appearance and persona. The only time this attitude towards everything breaks, is when she is confronted with any form of fire - as she is a pyrophobic. (Not caused by physical experience, but from repeating bad dreams at a young age - which she no longer has.)

Last edited by Rii Nakamura on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Rii Nakamura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rii Nakamura

Post by Raiden on Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:05 pm

That's a really good profile, but I have a few questions I'd like to see answered before I can approve it.

1. I got that she's mute, but is she deaf as well, or just unable to speak?
2. How does she communicate with other people?
3. You mention something about a dojo. Can you give more information about that? Like, what martial art she studied there, how proficient she is, etc.
4. Can you elaborate on her relationship with her brother a bit? I'd say that's important, even if her brother isn't present.

Once you add the information I requested into your profile, just bump the thread up and I'll take another look. If everything's in order, I'll approve immediately. Thanks!
Raiden
Admin

View user profile http://ksnewgen.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NorXTNP on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:00 am

The only question i have is, how you found us, or if this is just a 2nd character.

Other than that,do what Raiden told you,and ill approve you aswell.

NorXTNP
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rii Nakamura on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:29 am

Thanks Very Happy
I've updated it, I hope it's alright

I'm RL friends with Tiberius Hawke and he introduced me to this site (:
Rii Nakamura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiden on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:48 am

Okay, looks good. You can consider yourself approved, but I still have one small question for you (more out of curiosity than out of necessity) - when you say "she mastered the way of the sword", do you mean kendo? Or some other martial art that involves swords? And you might want to specify that she's a prodigy in that martial art - a teenager surpassing their mentor is certainly not impossible, especially for someone who's trained diligently for their entire life (like I understand she has), but it also take quite a lot of talent. I'm also interested in whether or not she's actually won any awards. I mean, she obviously has the skills to get them, but has she actually competed in any official tournaments? If she hasn't, then why not? If she has, how does victory make her feel? But again - these are really just very minor things that I'd personally like to see answered just to make the character a bit more rounded and three-dimensional (and because I happen to enjoy Kendo myself quite a lot). Even if you don't specify them, you still have my approval, but I'd advise that you add them, for your character's sake.

I'm glad to see Tiberius is enjoying the forum enough to invite friends! I hope that you like it here just as much!
Raiden
Admin

View user profile http://ksnewgen.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NorXTNP on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:09 pm

Double approval! i am like always to tired to move the thread but start roleplaying now, if you want !

NorXTNP
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top