[Open] Sláinte!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Open] Sláinte!

Post by Declan Carrick on Fri May 10, 2013 7:24 pm

Declan drives up to the parkway in his 08' metallic blue Honda Accord and looks around the campus's exterior. It looked very nice for what it really was representing. He wasn't one to honestly approve of any sort of sugarcoating, there was no real method behind evading the facts. "Sure looks nice enough I suppose, I guess it's nice to see that they at least care enough to give them a very hospitable place of study." Whatever the case, there was still a reason for the aesthetics, it's nice to have a good living environment in a school such as this. This he understood well, and thus decided to pay it no further mind. He took a brisk walk through the courtyard, carrying with him all of the essentials he'll need. He was in a lab coat he brought from home, he always liked bringing with him his own things except for those items that would of course be provided and should be provided to him wherever he was to work. Once in the office he started to organize his things and rearranged some of the objects left around the room that he'll need, first aid kits, various medicines, needles, oils and spare parts for the prosthesis and more were put in order and sterilized. He then started looking up some of the students in the database and debated as to whether or not to call them in or to look around and search for dossiers that were probably left by the former nurse. He decided on the latter and sure enough found all of the students except for the two newer arrivals. Ichiko Asari and Eric Grimm lacked dossiers. He'd have to have them come in during this week. Now that everything was set and placed in their order. He decides to put some music on as he stays aware of the door with a fixed gaze, in case anyone enters.

[Also, think of that song as this Nurse's theme.]
Declan Carrick

Location : Sendai, Miyagi Prefecture, Japan (The correction was given me by Toshiaki's roleplayer)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] Sláinte!

Post by Satoshi Veach on Fri May 10, 2013 8:02 pm

[Two can play this musical game. L:]

A knock echos in the room, emanating from the door.

After getting the word to come in, a body appears from behind the door.

[Que my own theme. (Repeat at 1:03)

A noise is made with my throat before speaking.

*Ehem*"Good morning, sir. I was advised to come here due to the nature of my reason for coming to this school."

I am a rather tall boy for my age in comparison to the people around here. Largely thanks to my ethnic background.

My light brown hair goes down just enough to tickle the top of my shoulders. The way I look may suggest I haven't been in Japan much longer than Carrick himself but my accent doesn't even have a hint of anything but Japanese.

What the hell? Is that Irish music playing?

...God, brain, why must you not be able to resist thinking of the lucky charms dude?

*English*"I understand you are new here and it is always a welcome surprise to get new staff here."

I suppose it is only polite to speak to him in English if I know it. After all, I probably have an easier time speaking both my second and third languages than he does Japanese.
Satoshi Veach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Declan Carrick on Fri May 10, 2013 8:21 pm

Declan turns the music down a bit and opens the student database and looks for something that looks like the student who is in front of him. After a short while, he finds a match. He looks over the incomplete E-dossier of Satoshi Veach. Well, that's nice I suppose, I didn't have to go and look for him myself, I suppose this is a decent first assignment.

Through Deadbook yesterday, he already knew some of the kids knew English thanks to Wade's strange but informative response to him. Any surprise he could have felt if anyone deciding to use English felt like speaking it was all but non-existent. He just replies to the query in a calm manner as if this was normal and nothing was different about this because of such.

"Yes, I sent an Email requesting a meeting with the students that I don't have information on that was left over by the former Nurse. It's nice to meet you...."
He speaks with only a faint Irish accent, nothing stereotypically strong or course about it. His voice has a almost pleasant ring to it. Just as assuring as you'd want in a nurse's voice.

Declan looks back at the screen and then looks back at Satoshi with his head tilted so he's still facing most of the screen. "Sato.... Veach-san." Right... it's by their last name, not first name.... com'on lad, you know this, he thinks to himself. He decides whether or not to converse with the kid or get to business.

After a quick thought process he decides just to keep this moving along and let the kid converse if he pursues it. Don't be the creepy guy that wants to be buds with all the students unless they want you to be that way for them.

"What I have here is that you're narcoleptic but I think there's also been cases of fainting before yes? I don't have what could be the cause of that here. Have you ever fainted here or before you arrived here?"
Declan Carrick

Location : Sendai, Miyagi Prefecture, Japan (The correction was given me by Toshiaki's roleplayer)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach on Fri May 10, 2013 8:39 pm

I'm still called my first name from any family friends back in the United States so I don't take offense.

"Vasovagal Syncope. I've 'ad both o' those my entire life but recently came to this school."

A strange bastard cross of accents between American, German, and Japanese starts to appear as I continue in English instead of my normal-sounding Japanese. A product of my strictly home-schooled foreign language studies.

I seat myself. Leaning back into the chair with my right ankle resting on my left thigh.

"Mr.Tojo told me t' make sure I mention thadI might be brought 'ere from time to time for check ups if at any time I faint."
Satoshi Veach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Declan Carrick on Mon May 13, 2013 3:13 pm

Declan takes some time trying to understand what was said, perhaps it really would be better just to communicate in Japanese. However there was the chance that if he was to do this, Satoshi would then feel the same about his attempt. In which case it's better to bear it, and it's not all that bad, just hard to grasp initially because of the accent.

"That seems like a very astute observation by him, you should come see me as soon as you can when that occurs." Declan starts typing up some more and after he stops he looks back at Satoshi and asks a couple more questions.

"Have you had any moments that you fell asleep or fainted abruptly recently then Veach-San?"
Declan Carrick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach on Tue May 14, 2013 3:06 am

"Not recen'ly, but it seems to happen often enough t' still be considdered a little bit o' threat."

I pause a moment. Thinking of something that might be of use to the new nurse.

"I tried exercisin' here and there, like the head nurse suggested I do, and that seemed t' decrease the over all amoun' of the moments they come around."
Satoshi Veach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Declan Carrick on Sat May 18, 2013 11:55 pm

"That seems like the proper course of action, I just would like to say you shouldn't push yourself too hard, it could happen when you're in great stress. I heard times are rough around here, I caught the news about some missing students recently. Do keep an eye out when you're out there okay."

Declan smiles softly as he warns the boy and writes something on a small pad and hands him a small sample containers of one of the medicines in the cabinet above him

"I don't suppose you have any medications, try some of these. It's a prescription for Modafinil, it's nothing too extreme, it would just try to make sure you stay awake even if you do a good job of it, it's just in case your sleeping schedule is a bit strange due to this"
Declan Carrick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach on Sun May 19, 2013 7:32 pm

Ah, so this nurse is more orthodox.

I take a good look at the bottles. Searching each inside before sorting each bottle in two groups. One being a little larger than the other.

"These I already tried. They'ither didn't agree with me mentally 'r physically."

I gesture to the larger group.

"These I 'aven't yet so I'll try each o' these."

I take the smaller pile and put them in my pocket for safe keeping. Slipping the prescription in my wallet.

"I'll'ead by the drug store in town later."

I stand myself up out of the seat.

"Thanks a lot, senpai."
Satoshi Veach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top