[Open] A Shocking Discovery

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Open] A Shocking Discovery

Post by Robet Warner on Sat May 18, 2013 10:35 pm

In a dark, lonely part of the forest that almost nobody goes through, a boy is lying on his face in the tall grass. His chest is exposed and his feet are bare, with the only piece of clothing on him being a pair of light green pants, like they give to patients in hospitals. His back is covered with multiple surgical scars, from top to bottom, as if the boy had undergone dozens of surgeries in the past few weeks. Even more shockingly, both of his arms are covered in dark-grey metal... No, that's not right - both of his arms ARE metal. They're cybernetics, expertly attached and connected to his back in place of his organic limbs.

The boy is lying down on his front, with his face in the mud. His body is cold and pale, and his chest is not moving. Robert Warner is dead.
avatar
Robet Warner

Posts : 5
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] A Shocking Discovery

Post by Shinto Sequenze on Sat May 18, 2013 10:44 pm

*Shinto was smoking, and the darkness did not really light him the way back to the school. However,moonshine does. And moonshine also reflects,so it reflected on something:

Shinto was walking his way, till the shocking truth came to daylight.


He saw 2 metal arms, anda completly mutilated back. AS he was going in,he was quickly turning the lifeless body on its back, seeing the face of a student lost.


Shinto started laughing maniacly.

Infront of his eyes,all the datas, and expecilly the hypotheories became true and it fell into a net.



Not knowing what to do with the dead body, he was suddenly standing up ,after taking some pictures of proof with his mobile cam, and analysing the body.

He then started to walk, no, run , to yamaku, as fast as his legs could carry him, knowing that not only tachinaba is in danger,but all theorys about cybernetics made in the past where actually true. He was closer to his goal then ever before, by figureing out the pattern. He had Nayumis books with him, as he wanted to lay it infront of her room, while everyone was asleep. that also gives him the possibility to test his sensors.

He was calling Setsuna to get to the courtyard as soon as possible, it wasnt that late now, but yet, he wanted to atleast tell setsuna that tachinaba is in danger.


*I dont want to tell him everything, he, and his friends,a band of crippples, cant help with this case anyway*

"


"He rann off,leaving robert in the dirt, eager to later give him a proper burial"
avatar
Shinto Sequenze

Posts : 179
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-02-11
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] A Shocking Discovery

Post by Eric Grimm on Sat May 18, 2013 11:13 pm

Since the school dance, Eric had been in the forest, recuperating from the incident with Yuuji. He still hadn't managed to feed on anyone, but animal blood managed to stop him from becoming a walking corpse.

"I need to take a trip and.. find some.. tramp..." He said to Lenin, between waves of nausea.

He knew that if he released the spell on his cat, he'd be able to last much longer. But... could he kill his only friend? No.

Leaning against a tree, he slowly slides down the trunk and lays his head back. Taking a breath, a metallic smell comes to his nose. A familiar, metallic smell.

Blood.

He surges to his feet, and darts through the forest, following Lenin who has also picked up the scent.

"Find it... Lenin.." He says meekly.

when he happens upon the clearing, he notices a man running from the scene. And then... the pool of blood.

Dropping to his knees, he drinks greedily. As far as he can tell, it's fairly fresh. But the effect is instantaneous.

He stands, and lets Lenin have a taste. both the boy and the cat have a spring in their step that wasn't there before, and it felt good. He could feel the familiar power coursing through his veins.

"And we're back in business!" he says with a smile, then turns back to the body.

"It's got metal arms" He muses aloud, while kicking the arms with a metallic *clang*.

"Lets try something.."

He places a hand in the pool of blood and murmurs a few incantations, hoping to revive the body.

Apart from a few twitches.. nothing. Robert's eyes flickered a few times and a moan escaped the lips.

"Hmm... close but no dice, Lenin. I need more time."

He scoops up a bit of blood in a plastic bottle, and places it in his satchel.

"Should have thought of this before.."

Maybe I should take the body for myself... my prints are all over it...


He glances around, and grabs the body under the armpits and begins to drag it from the clearing towards the home he'd made in a cave he'd found. With a few necromantic tricks, he was able to drag the body quicker than usual.

This shouldn't take too long..
avatar
Eric Grimm

Posts : 382
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2013-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] A Shocking Discovery

Post by Eric Grimm on Sat May 18, 2013 11:22 pm

Eric leaves the body in the centre of his "room" and begins to make preparations for the forthcomings attempts at reanimating the corpse.

Several hours later, he's made substantial progress. He'd managed to make the body sit up, and even walk around a bit. But not for long, the brief period of activity lasted only a few seconds, and they had weakened him terribly. The incantations had taken almost an hour themselves, and now he was almost as weak as he was before he found the body.

"I need a more viable source of power, Lenin..." He says, in between gulps form the plastic bottle.

"Maybe a living person would do..."

With all of these disappearances... maybe I could get away with it while people are looking for the real killer? It's risky...

He stands up, gathers his things, and sets the body and the contents of his cave alight.

"Time to return to Yamuku, Lenin."

He begins the trek back, not bothering to check to see if the fire completely consumes the body.

[Thought I'd give somebody else a chance to do something Wink]

On the walk, he thinks about the prints he left.

"I wonder... I'm able to control and move dead flesh... I wonder about the living.."

Concentrating on his fingertips, Eric utters a few spells and witnesses the tips of his fingers writhe in front of him, forming completely new fingerprints.

"Excellent." He says, with a low laugh.
avatar
Eric Grimm

Posts : 382
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2013-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] A Shocking Discovery

Post by Christopher Cook on Sun May 19, 2013 2:06 am

(Chris remains hidden in a tall tree. Having observed everything he previously witnesses a blue-haired youth do to a corpse, he devises a plan.) {There's a vampire here... I guess the past has a way of sneaking up on you when you least expect it to. I'll need to keep a close eye on this one.} (Chris decides to remain in the tree until he no linger hears the footsteps of the seemingly malicious youth.)
avatar
Christopher Cook

Posts : 855
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2013-02-02
Age : 22
Location : Yamaku Academy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] A Shocking Discovery

Post by Eric Grimm on Sun May 19, 2013 2:24 am

[You'll need to read this for anything to make much sense!]

Returning to the cave, Eric finds the corpse relatively unharmed.

"Thank god I'm not a pyromaniac too, eh Lenin?" Eric says with a laugh, and sets to work.

All goes swimmingly, and soon, yet again, he has a swaying corpse standing in front of him. With a clap of the hand, he cheers. "Hello, Stalin. So glad you could join us in the realm of the living!" Surprisingly, the cybernetic parts of the... thing, still worked, as Robert was flexing his fingers and swaying his arms about.
avatar
Eric Grimm

Posts : 382
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2013-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] A Shocking Discovery

Post by Husk on Sun May 19, 2013 2:35 am

The burned, cybernetic husk of what was once Robert Warner rises up and flexes its artificial body while producing unholy mechanical sounds. It stares carefully and obediently at Eric for a few seconds before roaring loudly.
avatar
Husk

Posts : 14
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] A Shocking Discovery

Post by Eric Grimm on Sun May 19, 2013 2:42 am

Grinning maniacally, Eric admires his work.

"Well you're a piece of work aren't you... Oh well, looks aren't everything! Would you kindly step out the door, Stalin?"

I sure as hell I can actually ocntrol this thing... Lenin is obedient enough but, well, he's a damn cat.
avatar
Eric Grimm

Posts : 382
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2013-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] A Shocking Discovery

Post by Husk on Sun May 19, 2013 3:08 am

The husk stares directly in Eric's eyes, its bare teeth pointed straight at his face. After roaring once more, it begins running towards the entrance of the cave, its speed greatly increased by the cybernetics. It only takes a few seconds for the young necromancer to lose its creation from sight.
avatar
Husk

Posts : 14
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] A Shocking Discovery

Post by Eric Grimm on Sun May 19, 2013 3:13 am

"Well... I guess that answers my question." And sets off on a run after his creation.

"Waaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiit!!! I order you to stop!" He screams at the top of his lungs.
avatar
Eric Grimm

Posts : 382
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2013-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] A Shocking Discovery

Post by Christopher Cook on Sun May 19, 2013 3:18 am

(Chris is speeches upon first bearing witness to the physical abnormality he sees come crashing out of a nearby cave.) {What the fuck is that thing!?} (Chris drops down to the ground and sprints to catch up to the physical abnormality he saw moments ago.)
avatar
Christopher Cook

Posts : 855
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2013-02-02
Age : 22
Location : Yamaku Academy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] A Shocking Discovery

Post by Husk on Sun May 19, 2013 3:22 am

The husk's loud screeching echoes throughout the woods as it keeps running aimlessly through the forest, completely unaware of the people in pursuit of it. With its mind consumed by magic and technology, the creature is only relying on its instincts to guide it.
avatar
Husk

Posts : 14
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] A Shocking Discovery

Post by Christopher Cook on Sun May 19, 2013 3:27 am

(Chris, becoming gradually frustrated at the mysterious creatures superior speed, voices his frustration at the being.) "Where are you running, freak!? Come here so I can rip your intestines out and use them as a jump rope!"
avatar
Christopher Cook

Posts : 855
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2013-02-02
Age : 22
Location : Yamaku Academy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] A Shocking Discovery

Post by Husk on Sun May 19, 2013 3:32 am

The husk's screeching soon fades away into the distance.
avatar
Husk

Posts : 14
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] A Shocking Discovery

Post by Satoshi Veach on Sun May 19, 2013 7:11 am

*Whistle-thap!*

A silent figure stands in the middle of a clearing. Nothing goes through his mind but instinctive math performed to accurately throw a blade with force.

Crickets chirp and the sound of physical movement is the only thing to be heard in this silent, brightly lit night.

A pin could drop and I would here it.

*Uuuwaaaaaaaaaaoooooh!!!*

A horn-like roar erupts from a far distance.

I instantly halt my throw. Lowering the knife to my side.

Raising my head up like a deer hearing a twig snap.

Instantly my blank mind lights up.

That noise...

Organically made.

Synthetic in nature? No vocal recognition with any animal I know.

Not human. Not an animal...but organic...

Chris?...Werewolves howl very similar too wolves but with a chilling effect mixed in the voice. Like it was not an effect created by God...

That noise may sound different but it definitely does not lack that effect.

No...it bathes in it. As if it's very existence itself...is a crime against both religion and nature as a whole.

As if the world cries out for it's destruction...

I must be insane-there is no way that could be tr-


The blood chilling howl erupts again. This time much closer.

Whatever it is...it is definitely not natural.

Not only is there no mistake in the howl's true nature, but it is incredibly fast.

As fast-if not more-than Chris in his werewolf form...


Instinctively, I go round up all of my kunai and wait behind a tree next to an opening.

Tactical knowledge dictates that this is the only place that something moving in my direction at it's speed would go through. Providing me with the perfect bottle neck.

Another roar sounds. Getting closer.

My spine shoots with ice. My body slowly grows colder.

[Gift #1:sense] There is an incredibly familiar signature coming into me. From a past experience, I understand what evil feels like. It is an identical feeling.

[Note: A religious ritual can be done which gives you the name of your guardian angel.] Look after me, Killian...

Another roar. Gaining on me now.

I quickly realize that something cannot be stopped so easily without sacrifice so I, instead, grab a large tree branch. Heavy enough to do a crippling attack.

*Pitpatpitpatpitpat!*

Let's find out WHAT YOU ARE!

CRY "HAVOC!" AND LET SLIP THE DOGS OF WAR!

"HUUWAAH!"

I hurl the heavy object in the path of the oncoming figure.

*TAP!*

*thudthud thud..thud*

The thing tumbles to the ground in the middle of the clearing.

I am tactically upon it. Standing only a few yards from it and brandishing my 'teeth.'

Both combat bracers extended and a knife in each hand. One raised, ready to throw while the other is ready to defend the user.

"WHAT ARE YOU AND WHAT IS YOUR BUSINESS IN THIS FOREST?!!"

I am shouting. The same shout you would hear from a marine detaining a self-confirmed hostile.

"MAKE NO SUDDEN OR THREATENING MOVEMENTS!"

Now that I am up close I can definitely feel some sort of presence within.

The fact that three students in the area are missing does not hurt my suspicions upon this thing either.

I don't understand, though..I've never heard of a demon who operates in such a crude manor.

Using super speed when it is unneeded? Don't they travel by other means?

Why would one travel like this?

Other than the unnatural presence, something is definitely out of the ordinary here...


Something gleams in the moon light.

...Metallic arms...

Why?...This is definitely not a completely supernatural entity...

Physical harm can come to it. Strange way of commerce. Cybernetics.

This is definitely not a demon.

Or...is it?..

That body is in the shape of a human but there is definitely something different inside...
avatar
Satoshi Veach

Posts : 2495
Reputation : 42
Join date : 2013-02-02
Location : Yamaku Dormitories

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] A Shocking Discovery

Post by Eric Grimm on Sun May 19, 2013 11:09 pm

Still chasing through the forest, Eric arrives at the clearing just as Satoshi takes out the creature's legs.

"No!" He cries, then covers his mouth and ducks behind a tree.

Lenin the cat starts wailing incessantly, while Eric franticly shushes him and tries to placate him with a small hunk of meat from his satchel, "Here boy! Take this! Just be quiet!"
avatar
Eric Grimm

Posts : 382
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2013-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] A Shocking Discovery

Post by Lenin on Sun May 19, 2013 11:28 pm

*MEEEOOOWWW!!! MEEOOOWWW!!!!* ["Eric, you lack-jawed cretin! That CHILD is destroying our creation! Do something! Do it! Do it now!!"]

Lenin, the cat, tries his best to communicate to Eric, but obviously the language barrier was proving to be a problem.

M-meow-meow! ["No, I don't want your stupid meat! And I'm a GIRL! Jesus, you imbecile! Get it right! MY NAME IS DELILAH!! Oh, whatever, I give up, you stupid oaf..."]

Eric limps behind on the tree on his - no, HER - impaired legs.

[Cat RP, yeah this is happening.]


Last edited by Lenin on Mon May 20, 2013 12:00 am; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Lenin

Posts : 5
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] A Shocking Discovery

Post by Satoshi Veach on Sun May 19, 2013 11:30 pm

[Cat? Wut? Friggen amazing. XD]

'No!-'

What the hell was that...

I am unable to check it out, though. More pressing matters dictate my attention.

I slowly start drifting around my target in an even arc. Both keeping my distance and keeping myself as some sort of threat.

Moving until stopping in front of it.

It may be unnatural but it is still touchable. And, if it can be touched, it can be killed.

This makes me at least some sort of threat if it were to use it's speed to charge me.


I make my tactical judgements upon the target.

That speed could knock the wind out of me and those metal alloy arms could easily do some damage but I have knives.

If it were to attack using speed, all I need to do is phalanx formation by thrusting my knives forward and waiting to get hit.

With those arms it usually comes at a cost of speed. Perhaps those boxing techniques I learned for dodging could actually be of some use.

If he used his strength, got a hold on me, and took a knife from me, my knowledge of IDF CQC with knives would practically be usless.

All I have in my favor is I actually have formal weapons and the inniciative if it were to strike or run.

Chances are I will hit it at least once if it were to run. The ideal situation is if I am miraculously able to hit one of it's legs. Anywhere else wont do me too much good but, either way, I can mark it for someone to find. Perhaps it will leave a trail.

One that could point to it's hiding spot.

Analysis complete.

I wont let you harm anyone else from this school...


"I SAY AGAIN! WHAT__ARE YOU!"
avatar
Satoshi Veach

Posts : 2495
Reputation : 42
Join date : 2013-02-02
Location : Yamaku Dormitories

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] A Shocking Discovery

Post by Christopher Cook on Sun May 19, 2013 11:42 pm

(Chris comes rushing out of a dense section of the woods and confronts the seemingly incapacitated creature in the form of pinning it to the ground with one of his boots.) "Thought you could get away, speedster. How did you neutralize this thing, Satoshi?"
avatar
Christopher Cook

Posts : 855
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2013-02-02
Age : 22
Location : Yamaku Academy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] A Shocking Discovery

Post by Satoshi Veach on Sun May 19, 2013 11:48 pm

"Tactical exploitation."

It's just a simple answer since I have my attention on the creature.

"Back away from it."

"Don't EVER underestimate something like this."

If that thing is as strong as I think (and it's arms are a good theory maker for it) then Chris is at a colossal tactical disadvantage.
avatar
Satoshi Veach

Posts : 2495
Reputation : 42
Join date : 2013-02-02
Location : Yamaku Dormitories

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] A Shocking Discovery

Post by Husk on Sun May 19, 2013 11:52 pm

The husk screeches once more as it swiftly jumps up on its legs and onto a rock, without even a hint that any of the damage it had taken from the hit is slowing it down. With its mouth gaping wide open, it looks at everyone and roars loudly. Everyone can see in its cold, dead eyes that it has no intention of running anymore and is ready to fight.



NAME: Cybernetic Husk
AGE: ???
ROBOTIZATION: 30% (cybernetic limbs and a mechanical endoskeleton)
BOSS THEME
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: 5
avatar
Husk

Posts : 14
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] A Shocking Discovery

Post by Christopher Cook on Sun May 19, 2013 11:54 pm

(Chris promptly inches away from the creature. As a precaution, he extends a few of his nails into dagger-like claws.) "I have you covered." {I'll inquire about Satoshi's guesstimation as to what in the name of all that is holy this thing is after we've approriately disposed of it.}


Last edited by Christopher Cook on Sun May 19, 2013 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Christopher Cook

Posts : 855
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2013-02-02
Age : 22
Location : Yamaku Academy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] A Shocking Discovery

Post by Eric Grimm on Sun May 19, 2013 11:58 pm

"L-Lenin... it's... GLORIOUS!" Eric rises to his feet, a look of wonder in his eyes. He taps into his internal magic subconsciously, and black fire encompasses his hand. He looks down, and grins at the newest development in his powers.

Wonderful.

He begins to take a step forward into the clearing, when a moral dilemma strikes him...

"Lenin... who do I help? Do I help my fellow mankind... or the creation I've sacrificed so much for? ... Shit."

He takes a step back into the shadows and crouches, trying to decide what to do.
avatar
Eric Grimm

Posts : 382
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2013-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] A Shocking Discovery

Post by Lenin on Sun May 19, 2013 11:59 pm

Lenin hisses in reply, *Meow, meow meow, Me-meow!* ["Kill the teenagers! We can control it! We can take the world by storm!"]


avatar
Lenin

Posts : 5
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] A Shocking Discovery

Post by Husk on Mon May 20, 2013 12:01 am

The husk screeches once more, then starts running straight towards Christopher, displaying its usual speed and agility and preparing to strike. A hit by its enhanced, cybernetic arms at that speed would potentially be lethal, or at the very least it would shatter some bones, even if blocked.
avatar
Husk

Posts : 14
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] A Shocking Discovery

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum