Oliver Takeshi

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Oliver Takeshi

Post by Oliver Takeshi on Thu May 23, 2013 2:59 pm

NAME: Oliver Takeshi

CLASS: Senior

APPEARANCE: Oliver stands at 5'11inches, a good height for his age. His eyes are a deep golden colour, matching his mid-length blonde hair. If ever needed, both his canine form, and feline form both stand at 2.5metres, with sable fur. Oliver usually wears the traditional uniform around the academy, yet slacks on keeping his tie tight, or his blazer buttoned up.

BACKSTORY: Oliver is a second rank demon, born into a small pocket dimension tucked away in the Abyss. This dimension consisted of 5,300 acres of land mass with one mansion in the centre. Oliver's parents are Sousuke, and Sylvannas Takeshi, who bore 3 children on the second month of the lunar season - This calendar consists of two seasons, and is used by several, but not all, dimensions. Oliver is the oldest of the three children, with Alex Takeshi being the second oldest at 17, and Lucy Takeshi being the youngest at 16. The two boys inherited their fathers ability of shape shift into two primary forms: canine, and feline. However Lucy inherited her mother's ability to charm, ultimately becoming a succubus.

Growing up, Oliver loved to explore the acres of his father's dimension, with the majority of it being forestland. Along with his two siblings, they would wreck havoc on the lesser, more animalistic, demons that wandered the dimension. However, this simplistic childhood wasn't going to last. As Oliver hit the age of 7 years old, he was entrusted to keep the family business going - and thus, was given the title of 'Apprentice Ambassador.' The Ambassadors job was to maintain the treaties and peace amongst the various dimensions, but this also came with a lot of paperwork. And reading. And studying. All of which were things that Oliver hated. However, due to immense respect for this father, Oliver pushed through, with the sole hope of impressing him.

However, on Oliver's 8th Birthday, disaster struck. Oliver, Alex and Lucy had woken up early in the morning, and had proceeded to go and 'hunt' down some lesser demons. This usually involved tormenting the poor things for hours on end. Whilst they played far away from the mansion, the barrier around the dimension tore open - and with that, flooded in a large number of mercenary demons. Mercenary demons are still lesser demons, yet have a slight increase of intelligence, meaning they are the ideal, brainless, soldiers. Obedient, but bloodthirsty. Terror rained down on the mansion, and by the time the three children returned - the majestic building was ablaze. Upon entering the building, amongst masses of mercenary corpses, there were also those of their parents. Due to the intense blaze, all three children suffered severe burns, which have left a permanent mark, mainly visible on their backs - due to having their backs to the majority of the blaze.

Over the next few years, Oliver took charge of the dimension. Using various barrier spells, he reconstructed the protection around the dimension. The mansion was rebuilt to exactly how it had been, using blueprints that had survived the fire - but also utilizing the demons good memory. Once the building was finished, the three siblings parted ways. Alex left for the human world, emotionally torn by the events, Lucy left to find some way of earning money - eventually ending up working with a Dealer Demon, who gives wishes in return for souls, arranging meetings and doing all the paperwork . Oliver however, remained in the dimension and continued his father's job of Ambassador.

Demons in the Abyssal Dimension Group all have one unfortunate thing in common. Due to unstable mental states, many demons suffer from what is known as 'Insanity.' No one knows what causes this fault, but the effects can be devastating. Insanity takes over the demons mind slowly, taunting it into a state of constant paranoia and then escalating it to bloodthirsty anger. Insanity implants itself in demons due to traumatic experiences, changing any forms into pure black. For example, a shape shifter's form of a canine can be beautiful, with soft and shiny fur. However if infected with Insanity, the fur becomes like a liquid, black and tar-like. The demon immediately loses all sense of self-control, and only has murder on its mind. Whether it be family, or friend, or just a stranger, the demon will attempt to kill it.

The seed of Insanity has already been planted within Oliver's mind, due to the events of his parents murder. At its current stage, it can affect his judgement on the people around him, taunting him towards blood thirst, yet currently he won't be reduced to harming someone. Oliver's brother, Alex, submitted to insanity just a few months after having left the three. After numerous murders he vanished without a trace. It is unclear what exactly happened to him.

At the age of 18, Oliver had gained many allies through his efforts to keep the dimensions peaceful. Many of which, decided to move in to the mansion. Various children of different races also reside in the dimension, after Oliver saved them from war-torn dimensions, where they would have surely perished amongst the fighting. Yet, life was beginning to get very dull, with the same routines every day. Oliver's interest in the human world had begun to slowly rise, before peaking. Throwing control of the dimension over to his second in command, a vampire named Kei (Who he'd also saved, but from starvation rather than war.), Oliver set off to find a life in the human world, intrigued mainly by schools. After all, if he'd been human, he'd have ended up in one straight away. Demons weren't one for social interaction, aside from family.

Oliver can only use magic within the demonic dimensions, as there is very little demonic energy to grasp onto in the human dimension. Despite this, he is still able to morph into other forms as this is a physical ability. Within the demonic dimensions, his skill primarily involves large scale barriers that cover entire land masses, and so he cannot condense this down to a barrier to shield himself. Any fighting abilities such as defence and offense, he relies on shifting.

Oliver decided to enroll in Yamaku Academy out of pure interest, due to the unique reason behind it. As his dimension supports children who can't yet live without aid, so does the academy. He felt like it would be the closest place to home.

PERSONALITY: Oliver is very carefree and is happy to interact with anyone. Although he prefers to relax independently, he'll never refuse company. He loves to keep his head in a book, particularly sci fi novels. With strangers, however, he can be slightly cautious. If insanity is teasing his mind, he'll be quite distant with people around him, trying not to get too close to anyone incase it takes over. At times like this, he'll usually confine himself to his room and find a good book to distract himself. If he cannot get away from people whilst it's happening, he'll usually shy away from conversation - or even sometimes just act rude for the sake of getting people to move away from him and avoid him.

Last edited by Oliver Takeshi on Thu May 23, 2013 5:35 pm; edited 4 times in total
Oliver Takeshi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oliver Takeshi

Post by NorXTNP on Thu May 23, 2013 3:50 pm

Where do i even start.....
OBLIGATORY QUESTION:
How did you find our forum =) Old rper , new character or new Rper? Very Happy

"liver decided to enroll in Yamaku Academy out of pure interest, due to the unique reason behind it. As his dimension supports children who can't yet live without aid, so does the academy. He felt like it would be the closest place to home."

So he enrolled as a student with no disabilitys?
Its allowed but kind of boring Razz But yea i am fine with that however as its allowed.

The thing that i think hes kind of a little sue , very strong,intelligent and blabla, b aisicly i dont see any downsides exept his cruel past which(everyone) has one.

one question

"Dealer Demon, who gave wishes in return for souls"

Shes a succubus,do you mean sexual wishes or wishes in generall?

NorXTNP
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Takeshi on Thu May 23, 2013 3:54 pm

I already have a character on here~ (: : Rii Nakamura

Haha, I spent ages trying to think up a disability, but then decided to leave it as it is ~

Sorry, I wasn't clear:
Lucy works for a Dealer Demon, but mainly on the paperwork side of things. I'll update that bit! (:
She's a succubus on the side, but wanted some normality in life.
Oliver Takeshi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiden on Thu May 23, 2013 4:07 pm

As NorX pointed out, having no disability is allowed. But he's also right about your character being kind of a sue - he's strong, handsome, intelligent, cool, carefree and can do magic. He's got no character flaw aside from his past (which isn't really a character flaw to begin with). I would suggest that you either add some kind of flaw to his personality, or greatly expand that section to make him seem more three-dimensional. Or, best case scenario, do both.

That brings me to my second point - magic. You mentioned he did defensive spells and what not. Can he perform magic in the real world too? If yes, I'd suggest that you make an entirely new section that's JUST for explaining how his magic works and what it can do. Don't be vague about it, like "He can do all sorts of demon spells" - describe exactly what he can cast. Due to the way the forum rules work, casting a spell that has not been explicitly mentioned as possible on your profile is forbidden.

Third - I'm curious, what is a Succubus to you? As far as I'm aware, it's kind of like a sexual vampire that has to feed on sexual energy, whether she actually wants to have sex or not (again - kind of like vampires need to drink blood even if most don't really want to hurt people). Not to mention, due to their charms, pretty much every guy (and some girls) fall for them immediately, regardless of their intentions. Frankly, I believe those qualities would make for a truly fascinating character, if you ever decide to bring Lucy over here too. But then again, is this how you see it too? You did mention that "she's a succubus on the side", so what exactly did you mean? I'm just curious.
Raiden
Admin

View user profile http://ksnewgen.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Takeshi on Thu May 23, 2013 4:44 pm

I have edited the profile (:

In regards to succubus, due to Lucy's mixed race between Shifter and Succubus, Instead of sexual energy, I chose to have her feed on souls instead. I decided to leave the necessity of the sexual feeding out. Although she can still collect souls and feed on them during intercourse, she doesn't need it in order to live. The Dealer Demon will also sometimes provide her with left over souls from his deals. She can charm anyone she pleases, yes. 'Succubus on the side' - I meant that as although she cannot deny what she is, meaning she will devour souls for sex, she also tries to live a slightly more normal life. To her, souls are a delicacy not a necessity. I know the original lore, but I do like to mix things up a bit (: Hope you can understand what I mean haha!

I'd also like to add, I won't be using Oliver's magic as he's primarily a shifter, making his canine and feline forms his strongest attribute
Oliver Takeshi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiden on Thu May 23, 2013 5:29 pm

I'll still need you to expand greatly on his personality. Two lines aren't nearly enough for any character, let alone for one with such a huge and complicated backstory. Hell, you haven't even mentioned anything about his insanity! I'd say that defines at least a bit of his personality, does it not?

Also - yeah, I see what you mean about Lucy. To be perfectly honest, I don't find your interpretation to be nearly as interesting as the original lore, but that's strictly my own opinion and doesn't mean the character is bad at all (whether or not she is will be decided when you decide to upload her profile, if ever), it just means that I personally find being forced into doing something you don't want or like (whether that's having sex or sucking out souls) provides for a lot more complex characters than simply having the option to do it, but not being obligated to. But again - that's strictly my own, personal opinion which will not impact my judgement of Lucy's profile, should you decide to submit her.
Raiden
Admin

View user profile http://ksnewgen.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Takeshi on Thu May 23, 2013 5:35 pm

Updated (:
Oliver Takeshi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiden on Thu May 23, 2013 5:37 pm