[Open] Nothing like fresh air.

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Open] Nothing like fresh air.

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:19 am

Chiharu calmly answers Izumi's question, "Our names, that's the point of a signature, proof that it's you. It would be forgery if we were to put down our parents signatures."
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba on Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:21 am

Izumi stares at the words "Hana Kinai" for a second and looks back at her but says nothing.

He writes down his without further ado.

-Izumi Inaba
Izumi Inaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:31 am

Chiharu crosses her arms for comfort while saying, "While the decision is still yours, the marina Does sound like the best option."
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba on Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:17 pm

"Very well, it's been a long while since I've been near one, wouldn't hurt to go back to one. I take it, you know the way Izumi."

Izumi is found by the door already trying to draw an imaginative image of where it would be. In little time he recalls the location and snaps back to this reality.

"That I do, if you all aren't completely tired, we'll be heading off immediately."

"Well, I don't know what you take me for, I might be of advanced age, but I am surely not one of those ol' coots that lay flat on their behinds all day gasping for air." As Kawakami says this he gathers a cane and begins walking at a very good pace. It seems as if he might not need the cane for a second, if it wasn't for the fact he was dragging his hind leg.

Izumi's attention turns to Chiharu.

"Well, I take it you're not at all tired either. We'll be off now." He states this in an optimistic tone, he certainly looks up to these sort of things.
Izumi Inaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:03 am

Holding her arm out in a 'lead the way' fashion, she responds with an equally optimistic, "Ahloannzy!"
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba on Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:19 pm

"Did you just..." Izumi almost broke into laughter after struggling to stifle it. "If only these Kubes contained a TARDIS, we'd be more than set. We'll be walking to the marina unfortunately."

Izumi begins to walk, still somewhat trying not to laugh.
Izumi Inaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:35 pm

Following alongside Izumi, Chiharu glances over to him as she continues the conversation.
"Hey, I'm just glad that someone around here appreciates a good sci-fi. The last person I said that to had noo idea why I said that."
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba on Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:47 am

"Not even a guess? Whilst one can't expect people to share their interests all too often, that is somewhat of a shame. No matter. I ponder a question that's off topic, have you ever flown, in a balloon or a aircraft? For if not, this might become all the more interesting indeed." Izumi states this as he cuts across the trail to find his way back onto the street in little time.
Izumi Inaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:12 am

"It's not that off topic, really. We are talking about tethered aerial release developed in secret, are we not?"
It's quite obvious by the smug smile on her face that she is moderately proud of her cheesy cleverness.

However she regathers a more wistful posture as she continues.
"But no, I haven't.. I've always wanted to though."
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba on Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:32 pm

"At least this wouldn't be as noisy as an airport. Through my past flight on this thing only a few creaks and the sound of the sails can be heard. I presume the sound and the crowding that exists in an airport would be a deterrent. I took that into account when thinking about where to go."

Izumi almost completely forgoes mentioning the former statement, the amount of cheese was enough to feed his hometown. It's best not to mention it.

"It's a completely different feeling, one only truly understands how small we are once we look down upon the world below. Whilst we should already understand it, there's a different feeling once you see it as clearly as it was thought."
Izumi Inaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:52 am

<He sure can be pretty depressing sometimes>
"And here I thought flight would be more of an uplifting event. We're going to be transcending the shackles of gravity and exploring a world only shared with the birds. How small can we be if we have the power to do that?"
She seems to enjoy the exchange as her face is sporting quite a spiteful smile.
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba on Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:54 am

Izumi shakes his head, seeing as she perhaps didn't see what he meant.

"It is only when one understands how small they are in scope that such things become more poignant. We do such to show our dominance, to transcend all that we could not do before. It was simply an observation that I've made. The life we live is what we have to experience it. The purpose of elaborating upon the scope was more in line of living past the limits of our scope more than feeling inferior by such."

Izumi riposted carefully and gave a look toward her as if he wanted to challenge her to continue.
Izumi Inaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:12 am

"Heh, so basically you were setting a virtual sense of self only to say to yourself, 'I am beyond that'. Seems kind of silly if you ask me. I'd think it would be better to take in the world as it is rather than constantly comparing and contrasting everything through a cloud of ambiguity."
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba on Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:09 am

"You're asking an idealist to become a realist and frankly that is quite droll. Of course I understand the implications of the thought and how silly it all seems. However if I was to take reality for what it is, I'd be left with wanting more. That's quite frankly why I think this way. When the time comes to do menial work, I'll think and work in the mundane, this is not a time for such things."

Izumi looks at her once more with a joviality that was lacking not too long ago.
Izumi Inaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:18 am

*shrug*
"Fair enough, to each their own, I suppose"

Chiharu lightens up as well, feeling the conflict of wits has past.
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba on Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:34 am

"With all of that, we're not but a few steps away from the marina. Just in time." Izumi looks back at Kawakami, who just barely kept up with them. Kawakami hands Izumi the Kube and as he sets it upon the water, he presses the button and steps out of dodge.

Within a few minutes the ship materializes and the captain goes and checks to see if everything's in running order. After a small deliberation, they set sail, as they need to sail a bit before they are airborne.

"There's something of note I must mention, I've not tested takeoff from water so this might take a while for us to reach the sky. The winds are fortunately quite favorable so we might very well be up soon regardless of what I've just said. It's just something to note if we aren't doing so as fast as we'd like"
Izumi Inaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:26 pm

Chiharu carefully watches the contraptions and riggings around her as they begin to move, seeming to hold quite a serious demeanor until she cracks a smile and says, "I could care less about how fast we go up, now the speed at which we come back down will be much more concerning."
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba on Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:50 am

"Don't worry too much about that. I know exactly what I am doing. Rest assured, I understand both the concern and how to handle those concerns."Kawakami looks to be in his element. His gaze set determined to the front of him, almost looking youthful betraying all signs of aging. All the machinery was in full working order and inspected twice for quality. He was certain they would be safe and sound here. Soon enough, a creak can be heard. It wasn't a worrying one, but one symbolizing their ascendance. The sails puffed with air as the machinations around began pumping harder. Instead of holding the wheel, Kawakami fiddled for a moment to find the levers adjacent to it. After a few moments and adjusting the pitch, they have achieved flight.

Izumi then turns to her with a grin, his voice clear with joy.

"No matter our ideologies, I am sure we can both admire the heights we've reached."
Izumi Inaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:14 am

The sensation of falling upwards, the wind propelling them forward, and the sight of the world below overcomes her keeping her from responding for a long moment as she stares out at the expanse, leaning against some railing to engulf her entire vision in her surroundings.
".... Agreed."
Then after a while, she takes a step back and turns towards Kawakami, raising her voice in excitement.
"Hey Captain, how high can she go?"

[OOC: just to let you know, machinations is synonymous with schemes and not a variation of the word machine.]
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba on Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:24 am

"Unlike Air Balloons maximum altitude of 10,000 feet. We can attain around 16,000 feet for now. I plan to have this max out at 24,000 feet as the prototype evolves into finality." Kawakami states this buoyantly as if he too was as pleased as the girl was. It's been a long time since he's felt this happy.

I'm glad you two seem to be enjoying this, it's been many years since I could say I am actually having fun myself.
Izumi Inaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba on Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:25 am

"Unlike Air Balloons maximum altitude of 10,000 feet. We can attain around 16,000 feet for now. I plan to have this max out at 24,000 feet as the prototype evolves into finality." Kawakami states this buoyantly as if he too was as pleased as the girl was. It's been a long time since he's felt this happy.

"I'm glad you two seem to be enjoying this, it's been many years since I could say I am actually having fun myself." He doesn't turn from his gaze to turn to them. He does however occasionally swivel his eyes to check the airspace for strange entities, but all seems fine.
Izumi Inaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:01 am

Chiharu then turns back to the exterior to look off into the distance with an almost wistful smile as she says absent-mindedly, "It's been a while for me as well."
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba on Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:32 am

"Oh? Not my place to say much however it does seem strange for one as young as you to be in a position to say that. Well no matter, at least it's being had" Kawakami initially looks back at the girl with a tinge of concern before wrapping up his statement with a light smile.

Izumi then walks a few paces to get close but not too close to be within earshot to share his own piece.

"Memories of past times coming back to you, I take it. A time where you remembered what it was to enjoy something." His voice tails off as he sounded increasingly cautious with his tone.

Izumi Inaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:48 am

Chiharu stares into the mountainous clouds around, and is silent for a short while before replying.
"So much of what I enjoy is a chase, where I'm hunting down one thing or another... Whether it's an answer to a question or finding a question in the first place. But I am always looking for something, and it's been so long since I've relaxed and just..."

She then looks over to Izumi with a small, thankful, smile.
"Y'know, just had fun."
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba on Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:36 pm

Izumi's lips curve in an a upturn for a second before speaking in an calm, respectful manner.

"After hearing what you've been through and how nice you've been. Whilst very few of us ever deserve anything, foregoing that; you do deserve a moment of respite."

He then turns his attention towards the mountainous ranges over yonder admiring the landscape from a new height.
Izumi Inaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top