KS: The New Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Open] Nothing like fresh air.

2 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

[Open] Nothing like fresh air. - Page 3 Empty Re: [Open] Nothing like fresh air.

Post by Izumi Inaba Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:37 am

"Oh? I wonder what occured?" 

Izumi's eyebrow raised inquisitively, wanting to know more.
Izumi Inaba
Izumi Inaba

Back to top Go down

[Open] Nothing like fresh air. - Page 3 Empty Re: [Open] Nothing like fresh air.

Post by Chiharu Kinai Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:43 am

"Well first off, nobody told me your not supposed to leave class before the end of the class period. Also the teacher had a hard time believing I was already done. So after a bit of a confusing argument, I ended up waiting in class for another 20 minutes."
*sigh*
"Y'know now that I think about it.. it isn't that funny."
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:46 am

Izumi shakes his head, and as he does so, a person on a bike whizzes by on the walking trail, prompting Izumi to quickly move Chiharu out of the way and turning aside to face the mad cyclist yells out. 

"Hey Buddy! Watch where you're taking that thing! This is for walking, you know, I'll spell it out, W-A-L-K-I-N-G. Walking." 

He then turns back toward Chiharu. 

"You know what wouldn't have been funny, if that idiot would have hit you."
Izumi Inaba
Izumi Inaba

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:00 am

"And it's just Hilarious when someone yells in your ear."
For a second she looks a bit angry, but soon she switches to a much more apologetic visage.
"I'm sorry.. I appreciate what you did."
She begins to walk off the path on to the grass.
"C'mon Maybe we'll have better luck off the path."
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:09 am

Izumi closes his eyes, a motion his father used to make when he made a mistake... 

"I was caught in the moment and I forgot the facts, my apologies. We... we should head off the path yes. Something I've never really done here before, we could probably find something here." 

Izumi then looks back at her, with a neutral countenance. 

"I suppose I found the honest reason why you disliked the city, people and noise. The conclusion became quite evident now. You know, that's why I liked the countryside and most of all the forest. It was just oneself attuning themselves with nature, no-one to bother you, nothing to distract you, just yourself, the woodlands and the creatures within. I used to study a lot outside, it was easier for me to gather my thoughts and stay warm."
Izumi Inaba
Izumi Inaba

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:14 am

"Did you have problems staying warm inside?"
She looks honestly confused.
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:20 am

"Actually, yes, for whatever reason, my father once he had his hands on Air Conditioning would never, ever turn the bloody things off, and those were powerful office space A/C's as well. I never understood it." 

Izumi shakes his head as he remembers his plight.
Izumi Inaba
Izumi Inaba

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:27 am

"Strange indeed... But yeah.. it sounds great"
She looks over to Izumi with a revived stature.
"I bet you learned some pretty interesting things spending all that time in the woods" She said with her inquisitive head tilt.
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:15 am

"That I have, since we're be heading off the path, perhaps you'll see some of those things in practice. For instance, just a bit of ahead of us, if you see it is a shrub I'll advise you try to keep clear from. Japanese Yew, very poisonous and even just touching it would cause great harm." 

Izumi then signals with his hands where they should be heading instead.

"So we don't get lost, we should shadow the trail we've gotten away from in parallel, going up that way will take us around the same path north from here." 

He then turns back to her with a smile. 

"I have however learned a lot of normal subjects whilst here as well, such as Philosophy and Calculus and I even took some time to write my own stories whenever I got bored, my father helped me about with characterization sometimes."
Izumi Inaba
Izumi Inaba

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:47 am

<He sure does talk about his dad alot>
"So, what's he like? your father"
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:57 am

Izumi looks at her sheepishly. 

"Heh, I do mention him quite a bit don't I. Well, I mean, he was always there for me whenever I needed him. He was always a calm figure, never wavering even when I can sense disappointment in him. He was very poetic in his speech, every time I would ask him to speak normally he would just tell me that "Normality is an illusion, we all perceive it differently." I guess you could call a man like that strange, I suppose. As I said he had his quirks, like leaving the A/C on, at all times or singing songs whilst fishing for no reason. He would always tell me, if you want life to be interesting, you have to actually be interesting. Be what you want the world to be." 

Izumi walks over toward her for a second, just to make sure she wasn't around any dangerous plants. 

"Tell me Chiharu, what do you want your world to be like?"
Izumi Inaba
Izumi Inaba

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:06 am

Chiharu's look of curiosity that seemed to be quite common appeared yet again, but rather than directed toward Izumi, it had no target as if it was directed toward the universe itself. 
<What do I want the world to be?>
After a long moment of silence, Chiharu responds with, "I don't know... What do you think my world is like?
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:32 am

Izumi gathers his thoughts and pieces together what he knows. She found her old town boring because she couldn't go outside much due to the amount of noise and people. She kept a close bond with a friend of hers that helped pass the time. She was highly studious and naturally intuitive, she wanted to learn about anything and everything she can. While she was reluctant to go with him and take this walk, after he proved he was in good intentions she decided to come along. She tried leaving class early to do something else. She wanted to break from the path they were on after the cyclist whizzed past with no regard for human life. Finally she liked the peace and quiet of the town that would allow her to do as she pleases without those stresses which caused her to stay indoors. 

"You have felt constrained by the environment you used to be in, you were akin to a caged bird. Instead of singing like birds do, you took to the piano. Your friend was there to help loosen what oppression you once felt. You told me she moved yes? Once again, you needed to find something that would be your escape from the boredom you felt trapped within that interior world. You then took to studying new and exciting things to explore regions of your mind you've never thought even existed. That's why you are here now, you want to explore, you want to be challenged and most of all you want to be free." 

Izumi then looked at her with a warmer smile than he usually gave. 

"I've not had much luck finding friends, my father was more introverted than I and I too was sheltered off a bit, that's another reason I wanted to be a scout, to be around others. I ended up however becoming their rival instead of their friend. I couldn't help it. I am glad I came here actually, I got to know a few people but they never stuck around. You've actually done so longer than anyone else has. Maybe we could start exploring this place together. This... world..."

Izumi cut himself off after he says this. 

"Sorry, I don't know what I am saying anymore, let's just keep going."
Izumi Inaba
Izumi Inaba

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:46 am

"Yes, let's"
She returns his smile and says, "Don't be sorry. Some of the wisest things are said before we understand their meaning."
She then accidentally bumps into him and rather than moving aways and aplogizing she  simply says, "And I wouldn't mind doing some exploring"
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:53 am

Izumi smiles and simply states:

"I am glad to hear that, now then this trail is quite long, at the midpoint, there should be a little place where one can take a rest and eat something. I have quite enough money on me so, if you need much of anything I can get you what you ask, I'll leave that up to you."

Izumi Inaba
Izumi Inaba

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:01 am

<Now that you mention it, I am pretty hungry>
She continues to stand near to Izumi and look up to him to say, "I may just have to take you up on that offer, what do they have?"
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:44 am

"I can't remember off the top of my head but I know they usually have a menu detailing what they have on the stall, it's one of those stalls. Similar to the ones you would find in a fair or festival. It won't take us more than a few minutes." 

Izumi spots a distance marker, and realizes they have reached quite far already in another 75 paces they would have reached the midway point. 

"Actually, probably no less than a pair of minutes less than a few." 

He starts walking again, checking his pockets and confirming he has brought enough money at least by touch. He knew how to count Yen just by feeling out the engraved markings on them.
Izumi Inaba
Izumi Inaba

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:05 pm

As they are walking along the uneven terrain, which chiharu is unaccustomed to, she trips and begins to fall. She keeps herself from falling by grabbing on to Izumi's arm. After making sure she had secure footing, she stepped away from him and quietly said, "Oh, sorry"
She looks somewhat embarassed.
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:01 am

"You alright there? If it isn't mad cyclists, it's uneven ground." Izumi smiles. "Stay close to me, I won't let you fall. It's not too much longer now."  Izumi leads the way guiding her to the midway point after a few minutes of walking.

"I am sure the stall here would have a good selection of things to choose from. I'll let you decide what you want to get first, I already ate before I went outside. I'll probably just get some water."
Izumi Inaba
Izumi Inaba

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:16 am

Upon their arrival Chiharu stands at the stall, looking the assortments over with care, for a while before calmly saying, "We'll have a few of these and some water.", while pointing at sticks of teriyaki chicken.

She then looks to Izumi questioningly to ask, "You sure you don't want anything else?"
<It would be kinda awkward for me to be the only one eating>
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:26 am

"I don't really-" Izumi stops to look around trying to see if there really was anything he wanted and then sees what he's been after for the past few weeks.

"...On second thought, I'd like to have a few of those."

Izumi points at the sticks of Dango. He then gathers the amount of yen required and gives it to the stall's proprietor. Izumi then gathers the items and passes the correct food items to their rightful owner. "I suppose I will be eating after all. I've been looking for these the past few weeks, the school doesn't sell them often and I don't know how to make them."

Izumi Inaba
Izumi Inaba

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:39 am

<Really? I'm surprised you don't know how to make dango, it's pretty easy>

Looking a tad surprised, but primarily fixated with satisfaction of what's in her hands, chiharu abruptly says, "I could show you... How to make it, if you'd like."
Without waiting for a response, Chiharu quickly spots a bench and starts walking over to it.
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:33 am

Izumi follows suit and as they begin to sit he replies to the statement looking a little oblivious to her slight surprise.

"I would like that, I've only had it a few times and it's become a quiet favorite of mine." He looks back at what he has in his hand and grins unknowingly. "A quiet favorite indeed."
Izumi Inaba
Izumi Inaba

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:13 pm

<A quiet favorite? What's that supposed to mean?>

While her eyes follow a humming bird zipping about across the clearing, Chiharu states matter-of-factly, "Did you mean quite a favorite."
Then after a short moment she looks over with a smirk to continue with, "Or are you ashamed to like balls of carbs smothered in sweet glazes right off the grill?"
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:37 pm

"I actually meant exactly what I said, you know. I just don't usually have favorites, I don't mention them much."

He looks at her casually.

"I tend to at least try to avoid holding bias, also..."

After saying this he gives her a playful little grin, biting into his food, pulling it off the stick then swallowing it to speak.

"Absolutely no shame at all, none"
Izumi Inaba
Izumi Inaba

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next