[Open] Morning of Tender Rain

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Open] Morning of Tender Rain

Post by Satoshi Veach on Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:46 am

*Plit plat plit plat plit...*

A calm figure walks through the rain along the wet road up to the Yamaku school grounds.

The only thing accompanying me, a guard rail protecting vehicles from a steep, grassy incline.

The rain has grown from a trickle to a normal shower, though I do not walk in any more of a hurried pace.

Just a figure in grey jeans, an American skateboarding crew's shirt, and a hoodie with a print of a music record on the back.

...*Sigh~~~*...

Looks like it'll start to rain much harder soon...

I had gone to the police station right after I was released to get my things out of police custody and throw them a bone on what happened.

I told them everything this time.

...Well, except for the square of coordinates on the likely position of the hide out. All the police will do, if they comb the area like expected, is scare Takeshi off. Leaving him to prey on more.

..And continue with Kuriko...

They were able to extract all the blood samples they needed from my used blades and gave them back along with my pocket knife, wallet, and phone. The hospital already had my watch and headphones.

It is early morning. Classes are going to start soon but I am not going to them since I have been excused for the time being.

Today's plans would be to go to my room so I can recover my tonfa's, go to my perch on the school roof until lunch period, and then go speak with Shisen-Sensai about the matter at hand.

Damn, I wish I could just talk to her right now-I've got no time to waste!

Patience is killing me right now.

It has been about a week and a half since this all started. I wonder how the school policies have changed.

It's unlikely they haven't since an incident happened. It's human nature to change things after a cotastrophe-even if it does hardly anything-to calm the public.

Simple tactics but effective.
Satoshi Veach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] Morning of Tender Rain

Post by Nayumi Tachibana on Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:34 pm

Nayumi quickly hugged her sketchbook close to her chest as soon as she realized it had started raining. "Ah, damn it..." she cursed out and turned her head around, looking for a place to hide. Unfortunately, there didn't seem to be anything like that on the narrow street where she was standing. The only possible salvation for her was running out of the alley as quickly as possible while praying that the rain won't damage the sketchbook too much, then attempt to find a roof to stand under while the rain passed. The girl turned around and quickly ran towards the exit of the narrow street, still holding her sketchbook close. Unfortunately, she had forgotten that running on cybernetic legs wasn't exactly the easiest thing to do, even if she has had them for years. "AH!" Nayumi yelped out before stumbling down, landing on her knees and only preventing a face-first impact with the ground by softening the blow with her hands. Unfortunately, that caused the young girl to drop the sketchbook, which was sent flying right into a nearby puddle. She stared in disbelief for a few moments, then closed her eyes in disappointment and sat down on the ground, lowering her head.

(My life is a goddamn mess...)

Indeed, the last few days had been nothing but trouble for her. First, she met the only person that she never, ever wanted to meet again - a ghost that was supposed to be dead, a man she saw shot to death four years ago, a person she was promised would never hurt her again. And then people started dying. Nobody she knew, of course - it wasn't like Nayumi knew all that many people to begin with, anyway - but still, some students were found dead, and a lot more disappeared. This had forced everyone to be paired with a roommate, which in turn led to her inevitably revealing her biggest secret to the only person she was able to call a "friend". And now... Now, her sketchbook was soaking wet, and all of the pencil drawings inside were undoubtedly ruined. Nayumi was so engrossed in her own misery that she didn't even notice the boy walking up to her from behind.
Nayumi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach on Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:50 pm

I am passed up by someone running my way.

A female a little on the shorter side with a jacket on.

Fairly typical clothing for this weather. Not the current climate but I could see her being one of those with poorer circulation and feels temperature much more.

'Ehhuh!'

The girl in front of me collapses a ways away.

A familiar styled book comes out of her hands and slips up the street a little and into a puddle.

Damn. In this weather I can imagine that hurting her hands pretty well...

Do I help her?

...Yeah. Why not?

"Miss, are you all right?"

I raise my voice to the girl as I increase my speed and jog up to her.

It's then that I notice her sketch book is not very durable looking.

That's a bummer...a few of her drawings are likely going to be a little blurred or in need of a touch-up.

I go and pick up the drenched pad and attempt to air it out a little.

"You know, I've found that, if you invest a little more to get a heavier cover, they last longer and you can walk in the rain with them."

"Makes it so you don't need to run and decreases the chances of something like-..."

I turn around and see a familiar bandanna covering the girls face. Interrupting my sentence.

Nayumi...Tachibana....

"-..this happening.."

*Ehem!*

"I-I myself get the more sturdy kind and I've yet to have to dry one off like you're probably going to need to do."

I offer my hand.
Satoshi Veach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach on Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:22 pm

[*Attention-grabbing drum solo!*]
Satoshi Veach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayumi Tachibana on Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:41 pm

Nayumi sighed once she noticed that some boy suddenly came running towards her. (Oh, great, just what I needed... Someone to stare at me while I'm on the ground...) The girl groaned quietly and turned her head, not really wanting to face the boy, especially while she was down. The only thing she did was to pull her bandana up a bit, as she always did by instinct once someone approached her. Inadvertently, her eyes wandered off towards the ruined sketchbook in the boy's hands. She listened to him as he began talking about investing in harder covers. Nayumi sighed quietly as she reminded herself that it wasn't really up to her - she only got what her guardians had bought her. And besides, even if she did have a choice, a hard cover wouldn't probably make a huge difference considering what had happened to the sketchbook. Suddenly, the weird boy stopped talking for a bit, as if he suddenly realized something. Nayumi turned her big eyes towards him and began strengthening the knot of her bandana, wondering if it had slipped down after all. Well, in any case, the boy continued speaking afterwards, so she assumed he either didn't notice her cybernetics or didn't care. Either way, it made little difference. "T-thanks..." she whispered and took his hand,standing back up on her feet.
Nayumi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayumi Tachibana on Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:42 pm

[Sorry for the delay! My job doesn't really give me a lot of time for roleplaying]
Nayumi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach on Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:40 pm

Her hand is unexpectedly covered by cloves...Strange.

Though it isn't my normal way of giving help and then letting them go about their business, I really need to get to know her enough for it to be reasonable to ask her birth date.

God, if this is what being single is like then I feel bad for the single men of the world.

We begin to subconsciously start to walk toward our destination.

"You alright? That fall looked pretty tough. Especially in this weather."
Satoshi Veach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayumi Tachibana on Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:46 pm

"I, um... Y-yeah" Nayumi responded as she took a step back, not really wanting to be too close to the weird boy. The worst that the fall did to her was to dirty her skirt and rip her tights up a little, it wasn't anything-- (Wait... Oh, no...) the girl shivered as the fact that her black tights, the only thing keeping her cybernetic legs out of sight while she was dressed in her school uniform, now had a pretty big hole right on the knee on which she landed. The girl put her leg behind the other in a desperate attempt to hide this as she looked back up at the boy and extended her hand. "Can I, um... Have my sketchbook back, please?" she asked, almost desperate to just take her belongings and get away before anyone has truly noticed that her leg wasn't exactly human.
Nayumi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach on Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:20 pm

She's crossing her legs all funny. It is clear that she is uncomfortable but this is a reaction fit for an amount of distress that is along the lines of physical.

Something is wrong...

Perhaps she really is the informant and she recognizes me...I swear, if she is in on Kuriko's situation, I'll-...

Since I started walking while she did not, I am a little bit ahead of the frozen Tachibana.

"Oh, sorry."

I reach out the book.

It is close but not quite in reach.
Satoshi Veach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayumi Tachibana on Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:36 pm

Nayumi stepped forward, kind of irritated by the boy's reaction. Why was he acting so weird? She asked him to give her back the sketchbook, so why didn't he just hand it over properly? Well, it wasn't like she could do anything but step forward and approach him in order to take it from his extended hand. "Thank you" she mumbled and prepared to turn around, wanting to get back to her dorm as quickly as possibly and maybe try and salvage at least one or two of her latest drawings.
Nayumi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:13 pm

She's really quiet...Something is the matter...

"Hey. Are you alright?"

She's really rushing in comparison to the normal person...

Perhaps it has to do with her disability, but why would an informant for someone who wants to convert everyone to cybern-.

My mind stops cold. Already realizing what it all could mean.

-...cybernetics...be completely....human..

The scarf. The jacket-the gloves...

It is all covered up to her jaw.

The same place Vivian's cybernetics halted...

WHY HAVEN'T I THOUGHT OF IT BEFORE?!

Right now I am so sure of myself that I feel like bombarding her with questions and threats but I keep a level head in this situation.

It's best to not ask about her birthday or her body yet. If I do that she would probably use the excuse of 'pervert' to get away.

While thinking of this, Nayumi has already got a head start of a few meters.

Without moving anything but my mouth I call out.

"Takeshi...Tachibana. Former director of Tachibana Industries."

"Known for his extensive research on cybernetic prostetics. With breakthrough after scientific breakthrough, he came to dominate the market and become a house-hold-known name throughout Japan."

"An interesting man with an interesting story."

"His online file listed him as missing four years ago..."

My head slowly turns so my eyes meet Nayumi's. Reading her-studying her every emotion.

"Do you know anything about that? Miss?"

Our bodies may be completely different but our eyes are the same. Broken.

Nothing on my face shows any hint of ill will.

However, that does not keep it from having a threatening look to it.

The only person who would want to hide cybernetics in this day and age would be someone wanting to avoid something.
Satoshi Veach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayumi Tachibana on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:25 pm

Nayumi's body froze once she heard Takeshi Tachibana's name. She stops dead in her tracks, shocked by why the weird boy was suddenly asking her about something like that. (Who the hell is this guy...) The girl wondered about how much exactly the boy knew about her. She didn't like how the situation was going one bit, but it wasn't like she could just run away, if only because her cybernetic legs wouldn't allow it. Nayumi turned around slowly, deciding to play it safe for the time being and not confess to anything unless confronted about it. "Why would I know anything?"
Nayumi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:40 pm

She clearly is not calm but she answered more positive than any normal person would...

"Because, your birthday is the same as his daughter's."

This is nothing more than a tactic to use for information. I really do not actually know if her birthday was a few days ago.

"Happy birthday, by the way."

Cry 'havoc!' and let slip the dogs of war.
Satoshi Veach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayumi Tachibana on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:54 pm

"I--" Nayumi tried to object, but deep down, she knew it was pointless. Whoever this guy was, he was good - really good. He had done his homework flawlessly, and he had seen right through her. There was no way in hell she could deceive him any longer, and who knew what he'd resort to if she continued denying her knowledge of Takeshi Tachibana. Happy birthday, by the way, the boy told her. (Oh, that's right... It's my birthday... Talk about sweet sixteen...) the girl thought sadly. She raised her head back up and looked straight into the boy's eyes. "What do you want from me?"
Nayumi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach on Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:10 am

My savage eyes widen quickly and I take a swift step forward.

"A man named Takeshi currently holds someone very dear to me."

"He also claims to have an informant inside this school."

Black is my voice.

A kunai in my hand...

"What is your relationship with that man?"

Only one man by the name of Takeshi could have the necessary resources and knowledge to do such a thing...

There is not a doubt in my mind he is behind it all.
Satoshi Veach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayumi Tachibana on Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:18 am

Nayumi stepped back and flinched when the boy approached her. A drop of cold sweat fell down her temple and into her bandana as her wide-open eyes kept staring right at him. The kunai in his hand did little to ease her tension and fear. The girl took another step back and kept quiet for a few seconds, hoping to use this time to calm her nerves and collect her thoughts. If she was getting this correctly, he was accusing her of being Takeshi's informant. (What a disgusting thought...) passed through Nayumi's mind as she squinted her eyes. "If you want to kill me, just go ahead and do it" she said with little hesitation, her artificial voice failing to betray the fear that was occupying her mind.
Nayumi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach on Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:26 am

"YOU-...!!!"

My first instinct is to strike her down but something stops me.

She is calm. Much more calm than an informant should be.

Unless she were worthy of being a spy for a government I'd say she has little to hide on the subject now.

Did I crack her open?

Let's find out what she knows...

I shut my eyes, lower my head, and take a deep breath.

My head shoots back up.

I put the knife back in my pocket and walk closer. Just out of arm's reach.

"Explain yourself. Right now."
Satoshi Veach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayumi Tachibana on Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:33 am

"Or what?" Nayumi spoke out defiantly. She didn't like the way this weirdo was prying into her personal life and demanding answers and explanations like she owed them to him. Who the hell did he think he was?!? With her anger overshadowing her fear, Nayumi turned around and began walking in the opposite direction.
Nayumi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach on Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:39 am

*Exhale.*

"Or many more will be taken."

"...Many more will have done to them what he has done to you."

"One already has. Another is close. Two others are on the way to it."

"Get it?"

It isn't hard to see that she is like Deceit.
Satoshi Veach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayumi Tachibana on Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:49 am

Nayumi gasped quietly once the boy spoke out. She had expected him to threaten her, or even attack her, but really, all he did was raise a very valid point. If Takeshi Tachibana really was alive and the recent kidnappings were his doing, then he needed to be stopped before even more lives were ruined. And, as much as she had tried to deny it, it was her obligation to do so. Reluctantly, the girl nodded her head. (I'll help you, but don't think I trust you just yet... What if this is some kind of trap, and you're actually working for Takeshi? I can't go back to that place... I'd much rather die) 

"Are you alone?" she asked, hoping that the implications would be clear enough.
Nayumi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach on Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:02 am

"That is none of your concearn. I may be alone or I may have allies."

"Answer some of my questions and you will know."

It's still a possibility that this is an informant. Even if it is a low percentage.

"Now, what kind of relationship do you have with him."

"Have you seen him in the past four years?"

"What happened to you when-..."

Four years ago a normal little girl went missing. I discover her now with clothing that covers everywhere Dr. Tachibana would of touched.

It isn't hard to decipher the answer to that question myself.

My voice, along with my facial structure, is softened in an apologetic way. Almost giving me an innocent look.

"..N-nevermind that last question..."

...But that look cloaks itself again and goes back to a cloudier disposition.
Satoshi Veach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayumi Tachibana on Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:09 am

Nayumi listened to the boy's questions carefully, squinting her eyes when he began asking what happened to her. The three years spent in captivity broke her physically and mentally. It was a time of her life to which she did not want to return, especially not in front of strangers. But the other questions could receive a fairly simple answer. "I watched him die, shot through the chest and head about a year ago. How's that for a relationship?" she asked. Of course, she could have explained a lot more about her connection to him, but she decided to save the big chunks of information for when she finally felt safe enough to share it.
Nayumi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach on Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:15 am

"You-?"

Impossible...somebody else turned him into that thing by themselves?

But if he was shot in the head then how could he have been put in that body?

"He's-?..."

What exactly are we up against?

No...no-it has to be him. NOBODY else has that combination of knowledge and resources.

"...I am currently not alone but I have Allies."

"Is there anywhere you will feel safe while we talk?"
Satoshi Veach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayumi Tachibana on Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:09 pm

Nayumi turned her head to the side and rolled her eyes, trying to think of a safe location to talk. Of course, her dorm room was the safest bet, but it'd most likely be occupied by Ichiko, and the less she got involved in this mess, the better. The second best was probably one of the many, many empty classrooms inside of Yamaku. Unless the supposed informant was in the room while they were discussing everything, there was very little chance their conversation would be overheard there - whoever wanted to listen in wouldn't know where to start looking, and bugging the entire school ahead of time was inconceivable. "We can probably go to an empty classroom or something like that. But I want other people with us. Least of all, I need someone I can trust inside that room"
Nayumi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach on Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:40 pm

But, in the times I've seen you at least, you were always alone.

Hell-everyone I've talked to only talked to you once or twice...

If she has some hidden ally then I should probably bring one of my harder hitters.

I'd go with Cook but a Werewolf is no good in public.

That leaves Wilson.

"As long as I may bring one of my own."

I look down at Nayumi's ripped stocking. Exposing my theory as correct.

"Do you need to stop at your dorm first?"
Satoshi Veach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top