[Private] The Truth Will Out

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Private] The Truth Will Out

Post by Ichiko Asari on Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:04 pm

After another school day, Ichiko decides to spend the afternoon relaxing on the roof. Soon it's almost dinner-time, but Ichiko is reluctant to leave the roof.

Hey, I know! I'll get some snacks from my room, bring them up here, and have a picnic-y dinner-type thing! That'd be a cool idea! Maybe I'll invite Nayumi as well, if she's up for it! Ichiko gets up and heads back downstairs, racing towards the dorms. Without knocking or otherwise announcing her presence, she barges straight into the room. "Hey, don't mind me, I'm just getting some...snacks..." She freezes as she notices Nayumi looking very different than usual.
Ichiko Asari

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] The Truth Will Out

Post by Nayumi Tachibana on Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:53 pm

After school, Nayumi had stayed behind for a while in the library in order to dedicate some time to drawing. She hadn't really had the chance to really sit down and just draw without any interruptions, something she couldn't exactly do with her roommate around. Not that she particularly minded - over the last few day, she had gotten pretty close with Ichiko, more than enough to call her a friend. Asari might have been a year younger, but she more than made up for that with her openness and wit. Nayumi felt she could really share anything with her, and also tried to be a good listener whenever Ichiko felt the need to express what was on her mind. Even though the two hadn't known each other for long, Nayumi already felt a strong bond with her roommate. Little did she know that this connection was about to be tested.

A few hours after her venture in the library, the girl decided it was about time to come back home. She knocked a few times on her dorm room, and, after receiving no response, unlocked it and entered. As expected, Ichiko wasn't there. Nayumi had no idea where her roommate had gone to, or for how long she'd be missing, so she decided to use the opportunity and change out of her school uniform. The girl quickly stripped of her clothes, then neatly folded each item and placed it aside, ready to be worn again the next day. After that, she opened up the closet and pulled out a pair of jeans. Just as she prepared to put them on, though, the door burst wide open, revealing none other than Ichiko, with a wide grin on her face.

Hey, don't mind me, I'm just getting some...snacks... the girl spoke out as her smile slowly disappeared, giving way to dull surprise and even shock. Nayumi froze. Deep down, she knew that her secret would come out one way or another, but she was really hoping that would happen on her own terms, whenever she felt ready. She thought about what the best thing to tell her friend for a few moments, but her mind simply drew a blank. Finally, she decided that it would be best to just say something before the situation got even more awkward. As such, she spoke out the first thing that came into her mind.

"It's not what it looks like"
Nayumi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichiko Asari on Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:00 pm

Ichiko blinks, then peers curiously at Nayumi's body. "If I'm honest, I...don't really know what this looks like. Is that some kind of clever-looking catsuit, or...? But then if it was, why are you holding a pair of jeans?" Ichiko blinks a couple more times, looking slightly confused.
Ichiko Asari

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayumi Tachibana on Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:16 pm

Nayumi closed her eyes once her mind finally processed the words she had just spoken. (Of course it's exactly what it looks like, you idiot... You should've just went with some other cliche, like "I can explain" or something...) "I, um..." Nayumi looked away, wondering about exactly what to say. Ichiko had provided her with a way out - all she had to do was confirm that it was a catsuit, or some kind of elaborate cosplay she had been working on in secret. That was a good explanation - Ichiko knew that Nayumi was an artist, and artists often did projects like that, right? However, lying to her like that would've simply been insulting. And the girl respected her friend enough to not even try to insult her like that. Reluctantly, she placed the pair of jeans aside and turned around, giving her roommate a full view of her cybernetic body.

"It's... n-not a catsuit... This is... This is me" the girl explained, still refusing to open her eyes out of shame and fear.
Nayumi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichiko Asari on Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:30 pm

It takes Ichiko another moment or two to understand. "Whoa, wait...you mean you're, like, a cyborg or something?" Ichiko's eye lights up and she begins talking at breakneck speed. "Wow, that's totally cool! Well, I can see why you might not think that - I mean, I can't even imagine how much maintenance an entire bionic body requires, the maintenance for my arm is annoying enough - is this, like, your entire body, like organs and stuff? That must have taken ages to assemble and get it working, not to mention being extremely dangerous - whoever did this must be really good with surgery and cybernetics and stuff! Say, if you don't mind me asking, what actually happened to you that required so much cybernetic replacement? Were you, like, blown up or something? Were you dead? Do you mind me asking all these questions? I should probably stop asking questions." Ichiko's stream of questions and comments ceases as abruptly as it had begun, leaving an awkward and deafening silence.
Ichiko Asari

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayumi Tachibana on Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:57 pm

Nayumi slowly opened her eyes, carefully peeking at Ichiko. (Well, she's not running away and screaming in terror... That has to count for something, at least...) After that, she sat down on the bed and prepared to answer all of her roommate's questions, doing so in the short intervals in between them.

Is this, like, your entire body, like organs and stuff? "Yep" That must have taken ages to assemble and get it working "Three years" Not to mention being extremely dangerous - whoever did this must be really good with surgery and cybernetics and stuff! "I guess so..." she spoke and looked down. Say, if you don't mind me asking, what actually happened to you that required so much cybernetic replacement? Were you, like, blown up or something? Were you dead? "Not really, I--" Do you mind me asking all these questions? I should probably stop asking questions.

"Well, if you stop asking question, maybe I can answer them for you" Nayumi chuckled, kind of amused by her roommate's reaction. "I wasn't... dead or blown up or anything like that. I was just..." she looked down once more, trying to find the right words. "Born in the wrong family..."
Nayumi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichiko Asari on Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:28 pm

Ichiko seems rather impressed when she hears of the extent of Nayumi's conversion, but still rather curious. "Born in the wrong...family? What do you mean?"
Ichiko Asari

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayumi Tachibana on Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:37 pm

Nayumi sighed quietly as Ichiko asked for an elaboration. She considered dodging the question before realizing it would be for the best to just let it all out. No more lies. No more deception. No more half-truths. "Well, when you're the only daughter of a mad scientist who has just lost access to all of his research... Well, you're bound to end up like I did sooner or later" she chuckled slightly, mostly to relieve the stress from the sudden influx of bad memories that came rushing towards her as soon as she remembered about what her father did to her. "The mob offered my father a deal to fund his research and turn me into some kind of weapon, and, well... He accepted"
Nayumi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichiko Asari on Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:42 pm

The smile disappears from Ichiko's face and the excited twinkle in her eye fades away, replaced by an expression of horror. "Oh my God, that's terrible...now I feel bad for saying all those things about it being cool...althought it still kinda is...but not if it was done to you like that!"
Ichiko Asari

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayumi Tachibana on Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:52 pm

Nayumi wished that she could smile reassuringly at Ichiko to assure her everything was alright. After all, the last thing she wanted was for her friend to feel bad, especially about something that's not even her fault. "Well, I suppose that, from a certain point of view, it's really not any different than the incident that you went through" she spoke out, pointing at Ichiko's cybernetic arm. "It's just the catalyst that's different. In fact, I might be a bit luckier, since I've actually managed to get my revenge on the one that made me this way. My father... He's dead now... Or at least, he's supposed to be... I watched him die, shot to death a year ago, when I was rescued. Even though lately I've been--" Nayumi cut herself short, wondering if she should reveal that someone who looked exactly like her father was lurking around the school. "N-never mind..." she finally said quietly. It wasn't like she was lying or hiding the truth or anything like that - for all she knew, her father's image in the school was nothing more than a delusion, a bad memory that her slipping sanity had perceived as real. There was no need to scare Ichiko even further by revealing something like that.
Nayumi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichiko Asari on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:08 pm

"Wow...that must have been hard, seeing your dad die...I'm lucky that my family all survived after the explosion." Ichiko is surprised at how casually she mentiions the explosion; the circumstances of her injuries are something she hadn't discussed with anyone since she arrived at Yamaku.
Ichiko Asari

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayumi Tachibana on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:12 pm

"Don't be. I hated that man with all my heart... Still do, really" Nayumi explained, her voice betraying her slight shame in those facts. The girl lifted her head and looked back at her friend. "I don't think you've told me what actually happened when you lost your arm and eye..." she noted, hoping to shift the focus away from herself for a little bit. Nayumi never particularly liked it when she was the center of attention, which is why her mandatory weekly sessions with a psychotherapist always felt like such a chore to her.
Nayumi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichiko Asari on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:20 pm

"No, I haven't have I? Well, it was a gas explosion in our apartment building. It happened when I was eight. It tore through a whole load of apartments - including ours - and killed, uhh...three people, I think it was. My parents were lucky, they escaped with cuts and bruises, but I was closer to the blast and had an arm torn off...and for good measure, my eye was taken out by debris. The insurance payout was what paid for my arm, and all the subsequent rebuilds as I grew, but we haven't been able to afford a bionic eye..." Ichiko lifts up her eyepatch, revealing the empty socket beneath and the long scar running vertically through it. She doesn't quite seem as proud of this injury as she does of her bionic arm.
Ichiko Asari

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayumi Tachibana on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:29 pm

Nayumi didn't seem particularly grossed out by Ichiko's empty socket - after all, she had seen far more disturbing things in her life, most of which were taken out of her own body. The only thing she did was to lean slightly forward. "I see..." she finally spoke out when her friend finished telling her story. "Well, to be quite honest, cybernetic eyes are overrated. True, you can see better, but to install them, the doctors need to seal your tear ducts. Apparently, the salt in your tears interferes with the cybernetics... The eyes are self-lubricating, of course, but the sealed ducts mean that you can't cry when you want to... Call me a crybaby, but I wouldn't sacrifice this for any benefit that the synthetic eyes may offer"
Nayumi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichiko Asari on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:40 pm

"I guess...but if I still have one real eye, I could cry with that eye, right? And if I did have a cybernetic eye, would it be able to, like, see through walls and see in the dark and stuff, like in the movies? That would be awesome!" Ichiko's slightly misplaced excitement returns. "Say, that reminds me, if you're a cyborg, does that mean you're, like, super strong and stuff? Can you punch through walls and lift cars and stuff? I thought I'd be able to do that with my arm, but I'd just rip it out of my stump if I tried...the doctor said so." Ichiko pouts as though disappointed that bionic limbs don't work in real life as they do in anime.
Ichiko Asari

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayumi Tachibana on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:48 pm

"Huh?" Nayumi asked, caught slightly off-guard by Ichiko's odd question, but certainly not surprised by it. "No, not really... My body can do about the same things that a normal human body can, maybe even slightly less... I can lift heavy stuff, but not... super-heavy, y'know? And I can't really run, or otherwise overexert my body too much, or else it overheats, and that's never pleasant... Really, the only benefits, if you can even call them benefits, is that I don't need to eat, drink or breathe to survive. My body functions on kinetic energy, which not only recharges its internal batteries to allow it to function, but also feeds my brain. Some kind of brand new device invented by my father turns oxygen and energy into nutrients. The oxygen is absorbed by my body automatically, and the kinetic energy builds itself up as I move. That's kinda why I go for walks outside sometimes - staying still for too long depletes my batteries" Nayumi quickly recited all of the information that the UN scientists that rescued her had discovered about her body. "Apparently, most of the stuff my father put inside me was revolutionary... They're now going to use it to help people who really need it, so I suppose having this body has at least one positive side..."
Nayumi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichiko Asari on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:53 pm

"I see...when I originally came in here I was gonna invite you to a picnic dinner on the roof, but I guess there's not much point if you can't eat." Ichiko chuckles a little. "And I guess it's good that your father's research will be helping people who need it, even if you had to suffer for it to happen..."
Ichiko Asari

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayumi Tachibana on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:56 pm

"S-sorry to disappoint you" Nayumi chuckled nervously, feeling slightly guilty about not being able to join Ichiko for lunch. "And yeah, I suppose so... Though it's not like he actually wanted to use his research for good. The bastard was trying to build a weapon, remember? Who knows what he would have created if he was still alive..."
Nayumi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichiko Asari on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:00 pm

At the mention of "trying to create a weapon" Ichiko has a sudden vision of Nayumi's arms transforming into machine guns, and her metallic breasts turning into missile launchers. She blinks heavily a couple of times and the vision goes. It's not right to think about her like that...she's my friend...

"Well...he got what he deserved. He died, and he can't hurt you or anyone else any more."
Ichiko Asari

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayumi Tachibana on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:05 pm

Nayumi noticed that her friend started at her for a few seconds after she finished speaking. "Um..." she said quietly, feeling kind of unnerved and not sure exactly what else to do. Ichiko blinked a few times before shifting her eyes away. Well...he got what he deserved. He died, and he can't hurt you or anyone else any more, she said. Nayumi sighed and looked down as well. "Yeah... You're probably right..." she mumbled quietly.
Nayumi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichiko Asari on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:12 pm

Ichiko smiled reassuringly at Nayumi. "Hey, cheer up! Sure, all those horrible things happened, but they've happened now. They're over, they're in the past. Look forward to the future, like I do! Who knows what wonders are right around the corner?"
Ichiko Asari

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayumi Tachibana on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:15 pm

"Yeah... I suppose you're right" she nodded. "I mean... It can't possibly get any worse for me than it was a few years ago, and things are finally starting to look good for me... But still, it's not exactly easy..." she looked down at her body. "I still need to hide. Not everyone will be as understanding as you once they find out my secret. So, um... If it's alright... Could we keep it between us?"
Nayumi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichiko Asari on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:25 pm

"Sure. My lips are sealed!" Ichiko runs one of her bionic fingers across her lips as though fastening an imaginary zipper. "Zip~!"
Ichiko Asari

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayumi Tachibana on Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:23 pm

"Thanks" Nayumi nodded in appreciation. She was absolutely sure that her friend would have understood her situation and kept her secret. It was the actual 'coming-out', if you could call it that, which was the hard part. Now that it was behind her, the young cyborg girl was certainly glad she got it over with! Suddenly, Nayumi remembered something from her earlier conversation with her roommate. "Oh, almost forgot" she said and pulled her hair back with her hand, exposing a cybernetic data port imported right on her neck. "Here, take a look. This is why they require me to have long hair. If I keep it short, this thing pops right out. Even my scarf doesn't hide it properly, let alone the bandana..."
Nayumi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichiko Asari on Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:29 pm

"Ah, I see...I did wonder if you were covering something up with the hair and the scarf and stuff."
Ichiko Asari

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top