[Private] The Truth Will Out

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] The Truth Will Out

Post by Nayumi Tachibana on Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:32 pm

"Well, now you know!" she chuckled. "This port connects directly to my body's central nervous system. They use it to control its functions, like shutting it down when it's time for maintenance. I'm pretty sure I can connect to any computer with the necessary output... Not like I tried to, anyway..." she explained and let her hair go, covering the port once again. "Freaky, huh?"
Nayumi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichiko Asari on Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:44 pm

"A bit...so you can connect to computers and stuff? That's pretty cool. What can you do once you're connected?"
Ichiko Asari

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayumi Tachibana on Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:50 pm

"Well, as I said, I haven't really tried it... I wasn't allowed access to the only computer I'm ever connected to, and I didn't really want to try and hack my way in, since, y'know, that's when my body's being worked on and stuff. The last thing I'd want would be to shut down my vital organs by mistake... But technically, I'd be able to use my mind as a sort-of input device, like a mouse and a keyboard. I can also try and use some imagination to force my way around certain apps, or make them behave in a way that I want, but other than that, I can't really do much. I can't, like, download information directly into my brain or anything. At least that part's still organic, so I can't mess with it. I got rescued from my father before he tried to digitize it..." Nayumi confessed and looked away. "I should... probably put some clothes on" she explained and headed back to her jeans. Usually, the girl was used to being naked, but now that someone could actually see her, it had suddenly become pretty embarrassing for her.
Nayumi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichiko Asari on Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:21 pm

"Ah, okay, that makes sense." Having finished her explanation, the girl gets up to get changed. "Sure, go ahead. I mean, you are technically naked. Oh, speaking of naked..." Ichiko replaces her eyepatch, hiding her empty left eye socket from view. "That's better."
Ichiko Asari

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayumi Tachibana on Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:34 pm

Nayumi nodded as she picked up her jeans and began putting them on. "You know, I don't think another student has really seen me like this..." she explained. "It feels kinda good, y'know? Being aware that at least someone here knows my secret and doesn't think I'm a total freak because of it"
Nayumi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichiko Asari on Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:41 pm

"Really? Well, in that case I feel privileged~!" Ichiko smiles. "And someone would have to be pretty narrow-minded to think you're a freak just because most of you isn't really you."
Ichiko Asari

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayumi Tachibana on Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:52 pm

"You'd be surprised" Nayumi chuckled. "Among the people who know what I am, I'm usually treated about the same was as... I dunno, a burn victim or something. Most people just... respectfully ignore my condition. It's like this huge elephant in the room or something, which wouldn't be so bad if the damn elephant didn't stand right between me and the person I'm trying to talk to. Aside from you, there's only one person who knows about this that I can lead a normal conversation with, and that's my psychotherapist... That's pretty sad, isn't it?" she chuckled again as she put a T-shirt on.
Nayumi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichiko Asari on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:00 pm

"Ehh...kinda. I guess maybe people are afraid of offending you or something."
Ichiko Asari

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayumi Tachibana on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:07 pm

"To be quite honest, I think that just... acting like I'm an inferior human being that doesn't deserve to be engaged in casual conversation is a lot more offensive" Nayumi stated while putting the bandana over her face. "Unless you're actually being offensive towards me, chances are I won't get offended. Simple as that. I mean, it's not like I'll get a random dramatic flashback once someone says something wrong, like they do in movies. I'm a lot stronger than that, you know" she chuckled once more as she tied the knot of the bandana behind her neck. "But yeah, that's kinda why I'm hiding out while in school. Because once everyone learns about my body, suddenly everything around me is going to become very awkward and uncomfortable.."
Nayumi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichiko Asari on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:16 pm

Ichiko nods. "Yeah, that's true. At my previous schools there were always the minority that thought I was some kind of freak and either avoided me like the plague, or just plain bullied me. Fortunately they were in the minority and most kids thought my arm and eyepatch were cool, like I do."
Ichiko Asari

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayumi Tachibana on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:34 pm

"Well, as you can see, my cybernetics go a bit past 'cool bionic arm' and way into 'Oh my god, she's not even human anymore', so... Y'know" Nayumi explained as she sat back and picked up her sketchbook, then opened it on a blank page and began doodling.
Nayumi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichiko Asari on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:37 pm

"Yeah, that's true as well..." Ichiko senses that the conversation is over. "Well, I'll let you get on with your drawing."
Ichiko Asari

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top