[Closed] Flashback

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[Closed] Flashback

Post by Wade Wilson Jr. on Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:05 am

*Two months ago*

Wade has just been called in by Masato Toriyama, the new science teacher. The request has confused him, since Masato only teaches to third years, while Wade has just started his second year, but regardless, he complies. Reluctantly, he knocks a few times on the door and enters. The room is empty, except for a tall white-haired man wearing an eyepatch who's sitting by his desk.

'Uh... Toriyama-sensei? I'm Wilson, I was told to come here...'
Wade Wilson Jr.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Closed] Flashback

Post by Takeshi Tachibana on Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:12 am

'Indeed so' Masato nods. 'Please, take a seat'

Once Wade sits down next to him at the desk, the white-haired man pulls a drawer open and takes out a file. 'I was quite surprised to learn that you were studying in this school, Wade. I mean, what were the odds that a healthy boy from Canada would come to study in this particular school? I think our encounter was fated... If you even believe in fate, that is'
Takeshi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wade Wilson Jr. on Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:13 am

'Fate? Not really. I do believe in my father offering me a mil to come and study here, though' Wade grins. 'Sorry, but... Do we know each other or something? I mean...'
Wade Wilson Jr.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeshi Tachibana on Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:16 am

Masato shakes his head. 'Not really, no. But I know you. Or rather, your family'

The man opens the folder and begins reading. 'According to your student profile, you, Wade Wilson Jr, are the biological son of Wade Wilson Sr, also known to the media as the ex-mercenary Deadpool, and Vanessa Wilson. But those aren't the only members of your family, are they?'
Takeshi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wade Wilson Jr. on Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:19 am

Wade gasps slightly. He was never specifically told the details about his sister's adoption, but he also knew that it happened unofficially, and there was no formal documentation to prove it. There was absolutely no way Masato could know about Andrea's existence just by looking through some records. 'W-what? How do you know about...' he stays quiet.
Wade Wilson Jr.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeshi Tachibana on Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:19 am

'Oh, me and your sister used to be quite close, Wade. She was one of my girls back at the SWA fifteen years ago'
Takeshi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wade Wilson Jr. on Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:20 am

'W-wait a minute... One of your girls? SWA? What are you talking about? I don't understand...'
Wade Wilson Jr.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeshi Tachibana on Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:20 am

Masato sighs. 'Just as I thought. She never told you, did she? About who, or rather what, she really is'
Takeshi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wade Wilson Jr. on Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:23 am

'I still don't get what you're talking about' Wade scratches his head. It was true that Andrea had never, ever spoken of her life before she met his father, but he simply assumed it was a touchy subject for her. That did nothing to satisfy his curiosity, but at least he thought he could respect his older sister by not questioning her about something she obviously didn't want to talk about.
Wade Wilson Jr.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeshi Tachibana on Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:25 am

'I see how it is...' Masato looks at the student. 'Well, I'm not sure if I should be the one telling you this, but... Your sister is a killer. She has killed dozens, possibly hundreds, and all before her thirteenth birthday'
Takeshi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wade Wilson Jr. on Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:25 am

Wade flinches. 'W-what?!? What the hell are you talking about?'
Wade Wilson Jr.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeshi Tachibana on Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:54 am

Masato pulls the cane close to him, then uses it to stand up and walks over to the door before locking it in place. 'I believe you deserve to know this story from someone who was directly involved with the events that transpired back in 2006. You're a smart boy, Wade. I can see it in you. You're better off knowing these kinds of things now, before it's too late. But remember - most of this information should not leave this room, under any circumstances!'

Slowly, the man makes his way back to his desk. 'You see, I wasn't always a simple science teacher. Back in '01, I was a young man fresh out of college and looking to further my research into cybernetic technology. I certainly wasn't the only one researching it, obviously, but I dare say that my findings were the most promising at the time. I've always believed that cybernetics should be used not to cure trivial things like illness or disease. At least, not solely for that. I wanted to use technology to improve mankind, to help bring in an age where getting cybernetic enhancements was considered just as normal as getting a haircut. Can you imagine a world where every man, woman and child can lift a ton, or run faster than a car? What if we could find a way to digitize the brain and ensure the immortality of the human race? With enough funding, the possibilities behind cybernetic research were endless!'
Takeshi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wade Wilson Jr. on Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:55 am

'You sound like an evil genius, Sensei' Wade chuckles.
Wade Wilson Jr.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeshi Tachibana on Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:02 am

'Well, that was a long time ago. I was still barely more than a child back then' Masato follows in for a chuckle. 'That is probably the reason why everybody rejected me. They all saw the potential of my findings, yet none wanted to finance my research. I do not blame them - not only would it be extremely costly, it would also require human test subjects at one point, and could be easily weaponized if fallen in the wrong hands. Unfortunately... It was me who fell into the wrong hands. I still regret that it happened the way it did...'

The man takes a deep breath, then starts talking. 'Someone working for the Italian government had attended the press conference I held. He approached me and offered to give me all the funding and test subjects I wanted if I could build him a supersoldier. He explained that it would all be legal and directly supported by the government, and the supersoldiers I created would be used for internal affairs only. I was a fool... I should have never accepted this offer. If given the opportunity to change anything at all, I would have made it so that my past self rejected the deal and simply walked away. I would have had a peaceful life... And, left without a head scientist, the SWA would have never existed'
Takeshi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wade Wilson Jr. on Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:03 am

'The SWA... Is this some kind of Italian agency or whatever?'
Wade Wilson Jr.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeshi Tachibana on Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:11 am

'Indeed so' he nods. 'It was a specialized counter-terrorism unit meant to fight against an organization calling itself Padania, which sought an independent northern Italy through assassination and bombings. The SWA was supposed to be composed entirely of cybernetic supersoldiers. My team and I managed to invent revolutionary cybernetics - limbs that would increase the speed and strength of their user; muscle tissue that could stop a bullet at point blank; nerves that would simply not transmit pain signals to the brain. We had the ingredients to create the perfect supersoldier... But there was one fatal flaw. Our human test subjects' bodies began rejecting the artificial organs. We invented a special conditioning drug that would prevent this, but it wasn't enough. We needed a younger body that could still get used to having cybernetics inside of it'
Takeshi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wade Wilson Jr. on Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:11 am

'You used children...' Wade gasps. 'Child soldiers...'
Wade Wilson Jr.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeshi Tachibana on Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:14 am

Masato nods silently. 'I was entirely against the idea, but I'm afraid I had little say in the matter. It was either that or throw billions of euro down the toilet. That's exactly why we created the SWA. The acronym stands for Social Welfare Agency. We passed it off as a government non-profit agency that would use revolutionary surgical procedures to help terminally ill children. That's the excuse we used in front of hospitals. There was never any need to deal with parents, as we always picked girls who... wouldn't be missed'
Takeshi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wade Wilson Jr. on Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:14 am

'Girls? Why just girls?'
Wade Wilson Jr.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeshi Tachibana on Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:27 am

'Again - that wasn't my choice. We had to synchronize the conditioning drug to work with the brains of just one gender, and it just so happened that our first test subject was a girl. So we went with that, and everything went flawlessly. In only a few short years, the SWA had become a force to be reckoned with. By 2005, Padania had become just a pale shadow of its former self'
Takeshi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wade Wilson Jr. on Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:27 am

'That's cool and all, but what does any of this have to do with my sister?'
Wade Wilson Jr.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeshi Tachibana on Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:33 am

'Yes, of course' Toriyama leans forward. 'It was back in... 2004, I believe. After an operation went terribly wrong, we had lost three of our girls, and we were in desperate need of new blood. That's when we discovered this eleven year old girl waiting in an Italian hospital. Apparently, she used to work in a Bulgarian brothel back in '00. Some Italian businessman bought her and her older sister to use in a snuff film. She was rescued, but her sister didn't survive. Not only that - the girl's injuries during the filming had left her paralyzed from the waist down. She had spent the last few years in a hospital, with her bills being paid for by an automated bank account. She had no friends, no family, no home and no future. In other words, she was the perfect candidate'
Takeshi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wade Wilson Jr. on Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:35 am

Wade's mouth gapes while he's listening to this. 'W-wait, hang on, a... Bulgarian brothel?!? Snuff film?!? What the... I never even...'
Wade Wilson Jr.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeshi Tachibana on Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:38 am

'For once, it is actually not her fault for not sharing any of this with you. We erased her memory as part of the conversion process. Even the name Andrea was given to her by us. Of course, there is every reason to believe that she has since regained her repressed memories, but I have no way to be sure. Regardless, after her cybernetic conversion, she killed her fair share of Padanian terrorists. I believe she was even involved with several incidents where she was forced to kill civilians. What I'm trying to say is... Your sister is no stranger to the battlefield'
Takeshi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wade Wilson Jr. on Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:39 am

'I... I don't know what to say...' Wade looks down, not really sure if he's even supposed to believe what he's hearing.
Wade Wilson Jr.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next