[Open] Feel So Low

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Open] Feel So Low

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:52 pm

The surprise of his displaced position forced her eyes open when he began to speak. Her eyes remained still, forward and unfocused. She could smell his damp shirt, feel his hair dripping on to her lap, and fear creep into her mind for she could not see his face in front of herself. Yet, within seconds, she became composed enough to respond with calm clarity and not reveal the storm of thoughts swirling within her mind.

"You're right, there's nothing wrong with your sister, or yourself. But you have to look past the moment and what you can see, everywhere there are patterns and paths that can tell us much more than we can ever know for sure. What would have happened if you hadn't done what you did? Could you have loved her in the way she wanted you to? Were you really prepared to go that far, to make that commitment?
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicholas H - Dazai on Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:12 am

I stare at you for a while before I shake my head and lean back, closing my eyes. After a while, I speak quietly. An audible whisper.

"If I were to imagine a girl deeply in love and some man who wanted to use all his reasoning powers and knowledge to ridicule her passion, well, there's surely no question of the enamoured girl having to choose between keeping her wealth and being ridiculed. No, but if some extremely cool and calculating man calmly told the young girl, "I will explain to you what love is," and the girl admitted that everything he told her was quite correct, I wonder if she wouldn't choose his miserable common sense rather than her wealth?"

Nicholas H - Dazai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:31 am

"... I'm sorry.. I couldn't deal with my problems properly, and they ended up affecting you, and I'm sorry I said anything about your sister and I, I just don't know anymore..."
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicholas H - Dazai on Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:38 am

"Don't apologize. You tried to help and to a certain extent, you did. I feel a bit easier. Thank you for talking to me at least. .....I hope things pan out well for you. That's about all I could offer you."
Nicholas H - Dazai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:50 am

While remaining silent, Chiharu's eyes begin to move slowly. She lazily holds a hand in front of her face, after a split second wince followed by a few quick blinks, she takes the same hand and combs her fingers through her hair as she looks in Nicholas's direction.

"Actually there may be something... I'm pretty thirsty."
A small smirk begins to grow accross her face.
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicholas H - Dazai on Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:59 am

The tension seems to break in that instance from that utterance and I wryly smile once more tonight.

"After being soaked through by the belligerent watershed outside, I would have assumed that liquid would be the last thing in your wishes for a long while. I assumed wrongly."

I raise up, stretching with a groan once I do, and offer you a hand once more. Once you are on your feet, I nod and ask of you to follow me to my quarters upstairs at the end of the hall. I unlock the door to my room and lead you inside, motioning to sit anywhere you desire but with a slight uneasiness; I never had another woman in my room save for Chika and that fact made me anxious.

"Tea? Water? Cranberry juice? Cider?" I ask as I peer into the mini-fridge in the closet.
Nicholas H - Dazai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:12 am

<Not exactly what I had in mind, but it's probably for the better>
While calmly making her way to his desk chair, where she took off her headphones and began digging into the pocket of her pants.
She then says in a much quieter yet still understandable and clear tone, "Water's fine."
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicholas H - Dazai on Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:31 am

Just then from Hawke's room, folk music and soulful voice of Tom Waits warbles through the walls.

That woman will take you, that woman will break you
That woman will make you something you've never seen
That woman's got claws, that woman's got laws
Now look out man, you're gonna loose your mind

I snap my fingers to the music and rise up to toss you a water.

"Maybe that cold beverage will help quench both thirsts your parched throat sings for."

I give a sly upping of the brows before I take out a Cranberry for myself.
Nicholas H - Dazai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:11 am

Opening a small pill bottle which she got from her pocket and retrieving a pill from it to then unceremoniously pop it into her mouth followed by a swig of water.

"What do you mean, both of my thirsts?"
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicholas H - Dazai on Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:20 am

I wave you off after choking on a rather large gulp of cranberry juice.

"I’m trying not to confuse: being used, with giving all I am, by: being used, and giving everything I have, all I am. Never mind that. What are you going to do now?"
Nicholas H - Dazai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:56 am

Raising her brow and cocking her head at an angle along with a soft smile and patient eyes, all come out as an inquisitive stare, giving off a curious air.

"Do you often speak in riddles?"
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicholas H - Dazai on Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:08 am

I scratch my head and look up at you from the corner of the room where I currently sit, farthest away from your location in the room.

"I only speak them to unravel them; you are still wrapped up in drapery, Miss Chiharu. If riddles are raindrops on my tongue, you're the one that keeps raining."

I lean back against the closet door and close my eyes.

"What were you implying by being "thirsty" downstairs? There are two explanations in my mind: You were being ironic having just came drenched from the tempest outside or you were utilizing an innuendo/double meaning hence why I said what I said about quenching both thirsts. You answer my little riddle by answering yours."
Nicholas H - Dazai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:05 pm

<So he notices more than he lets on, just doesn't know what to make of it>

"I assure you, my words had nothing behind them. I simply needed something to drink for these"
She holds up the pill bottle and shakes it a bit. There's about a handful of them in there.
"It doesn't hurt that you're good company, and I could use a bit of time to relax before going back out there."
Leaning to the side to put the bottle back into her pocket, she pauses for a moment as she looks around the room before continuing.
"Buut. if I make you uncomfortable, I can always leave. You've already done more than enough."
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicholas H - Dazai on Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:16 pm

I slowly nod my head as you speak and leave a breath for silence to fill in.

"I'm fine with you being here. Take as long as you need."

I pause.

"As much as I try to avoid it, I hate being unaccompanied. I keep telling myself that for a person like myself that I'll just live all alone and die all alone. I need to cut that shit out. You being here is forcing that mindset out."

I open one eye and lazily glance at you like a rain dog peering out from a city alleyway, oddly serious and a flash of an utterly steeled plea in the eyes.
Nicholas H - Dazai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:35 pm

By placing her hands over her knees and keeping her arms straight, Chiharu leans forward on the chair and holds herself there as she speaks.
"So, I guess we both are helping eachother more than we know..."
*sigh*
"You know, I was actually planning on just passing out there in the courtyard... It's interesting, isn't it? That sometimes the best thing to help someone is to not to try and do anything special at all? That everyonce in a while, the universe just seems to work itself out?"
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicholas H - Dazai on Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:19 pm

I nod silently.

"There is a quote by Sun Ra that somewhat gives that sentiment. "...At first there was nothing...then nothing turned itself inside-out and became something." The law of attraction.
Nicholas H - Dazai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:45 am

"I've heard that one before... And to think, at the time I just thought it was silly, but in that context, it actually makes sense.. Heh, hindsight's 20/20, right?"
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicholas H - Dazai on Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:13 am

I shake my head to agree with my eyes still closed. Eventually my head slightly droops forward and slow, repetitive breathing can be heard from my nose and mouth. I had the day's toll on me at last. I'm fast asleep.
Nicholas H - Dazai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:22 am

With definitely plenty of experience doing things quietly, Chiharu has no problem leaving without making much noise. But before she does, she leaves a note and sticks it into one of his school books.

-You don't have to be alone.-
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top