[Open] Ice Cream!

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Open] Ice Cream!

Post by Ellie Wilson on Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:59 am

Ellie is standing near the entrance of the convenience store, looking about as lost as, well, a blind little girl inside a big shop. Ever since the summer started, she had been dying to eat some ice cream, and her mom finally gave her permission to get some! The two went to get it together, soon afterward Inna got a call from work about some kind of emergency at one of the restaurants she supervised. Not really wanting to wait, Ellie assured her she would be able to find the store on her own, even though the two haven't really been living in the town for long. And, with some asking around and a lot of luck, the child finally managed to get to the shop... Only for the clerk to make her retract her cane and then ignore her completely. So now, Ellie is simply standing near the entrance, not sure about what to do - without assistance, be it from her cane or someone else, she can't even do a single step without stumbling, especially in a store that she had never visited before. The little girl lets out a disappointed sigh, then turns around and prepares to leave.
Ellie Wilson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] Ice Cream!

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:11 am

It being a week and a half since she last went to the store, as well as her need for another pair of headphones after 'the incident' with wade, a visit to the store was quite definitely due. Witnessing the clerk's disregard for a small girl's disability, Chiharu felt obligated to intervene.

She subtley walks up behind the young girl and says in a quiet tone, "Didn't you just get here?"
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie Wilson on Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:15 am

'Eh?' the girl speaks out, kind of startled when she realizes someone is actually referring to her. She turns towards the source of the voice and smiles awkwardly. 'Y-yeah, but I...' she mutters and tightens her grip around the cane, feeling too embarrassed to explain the whole situation to the girl in front of her.
Ellie Wilson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:24 am

Chiharu takes a step forward and touches Ellie's shoulder with the tip of her hand  to let her know where it is and to try and get her to grab on to it.
"C'mon. What is it you're here for?"
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie Wilson on Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:29 am

Ellie jumps, a little startled by the sudden touch, but quickly regains her composure. She didn't want other people to consider her as just a little child because she wanted ice cream, so she's a little hesitant to explain why she's there, but ultimately, she sees no other choice. 'Uh... Ice cream' Ellie speaks out as her cheeks turn red. Slowly, she raises her hand and gently pinches the sleeve of Chiharu's shirt, just like her mother had taught her to do when accompanied by other people. 'Is it okay if I...' she asks politely.
Ellie Wilson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:43 am

"Yeah, I offered it after all" She says without hesitation.
<I've never actually spent much time with kids before, I always thought they were much noisier than this. But then again I have noticed that alot of the blind students at yamaku are much quieter and reserved, it might be just a side effect, or coincidence. I bet the world would be a better place if everyone grew up blind and gained their sight as apart of puberty or something... Damn, where did that thought come from?>
After begining to make their way towards the freezers, chiharu absent-mindedly remarks, "Y'know, I've had a pretty long day, and some Ice cream sounds really good right about now"
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie Wilson on Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:54 am

'Yay!' Ellie closes her eyes happily and giggles at the thought that she'd get to eat ice cream after all. 'Thank you very much!'

It doesn't take long for them to reach the freezers, which the little girl immediately feels due to the sudden decrease of temperature around them. She rubs her bare arm slightly, then turns towards Chiharu and carefully listen to what she says. 'Yeah! It's also pretty hot, too. I'm not used to it!' she giggles and turns back towards the freezer. 'Uh... Can you pick one out for me?'
Ellie Wilson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:04 am

After opening the door and pausing for a moment to enjoy the blast of cool dry air, chiharu scans the choices and says, "Sure, what kind do you like?"
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie Wilson on Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:08 am

'Hmm...' Ellie rolls her eyes, deep in thought. Picking out an ice cream flavor is a tough decision for every 6 year old, even for those possessing Ellie's intellect. She wonders for a few seconds before she finally makes her mind up. 'Chocolate!' the little girl speaks out enthusiastically.
Ellie Wilson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:20 am

Ellie's enthusiasm seems to rub off on chiharu as she responds with, "Excellent, Chocolate's my favorite as well."
She then crouches down and grabs two chocolate ice cream bars before taking in one last breath of cold air and moving on.
"Hey, do you mind if we take a little bit of a detour? I need to get something."
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie Wilson on Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:32 am

'Sure!' Ellie smiles widely. 'Where do you need to go?'
Ellie Wilson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:40 am

"I need to replace something that I lost the other day. It's kinda embarrasing because I usually have them with me like all the time."
Upon arriving at a small selection of headphones, chiharu sighs slightly at how cheap most of them look.
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie Wilson on Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:35 am

'Hm? What did you lose?' Ellie asks and lets go of Chiharu's sleeve briefly to touch the objects in front of them, but is unable to determine exactly what they are.
Ellie Wilson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:44 am

with her arm free to move, Chiharu shifts the icecream to her other hand so they are now on the same side Ellie is on. She then takes one of the headphones and puts it on to test how well it works as she answers Ellie's question with a slightly louder, closer to average, tone than before.
"Oh, just some headphones I wear to help compensate for my condition."
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie Wilson on Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:53 am

'Headphones?' she tilts her head curiously. Because of her disability, she's relying mostly on sound and touch to navigate the world, and thus putting on headphones would leave her completely disoriented. She didn't understand what kind of illness would actually require their use. 'What's your condition?' she asks curiously.
Ellie Wilson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:11 am

"Eh it's kinda hard to explain. Basically my brain processes all of my senses more intensely than normal people, but my hearing is the most troublesome, because there's almost always something going on that's making sound, like at school I hear every heavy sigh, tapping foot, butt shift, fidgeting fingers, and little bit of gossip in the class. So yeah, it can get annoying really quickly, and I get headaches pretty often, these help to prevent that stuff."

After trying on a few, she finally decides on a pair and gives Ellie another gentle touch.
<The color could be better, but oh well. Functionality is a bit more important in this situation>
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie Wilson on Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:17 am

'Oh... I see' Ellie responds quietly. The little girl's hearing has always been sharper than usual, even if not to Chiharu's extent, so she's able to somewhat empathize. 'I don't really mind these sounds, though! They kinda let me see what's around, so...' she smiles and pinches the girl's sleeve once more. 'Did you pick a pair?'
Ellie Wilson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:27 am

"Sure did."
She then slowly leads her to the counter without saying anything more, just taking in the unique moment.
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie Wilson on Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:37 am

Once they're there, Ellie places her retracted cane on the counter and reaches towards her small, red purse, then pulls out her wallet and reaches inside. With horror, the little girl suddenly realizes that she has no idea how big the different yen coins are, and she had forgotten to ask her mother to fold her bills so she could identify them easily. 'Umm...' she turns towards Chiharu and hands the wallet over. 'Could you...'
Ellie Wilson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:54 am

Chiharu responds in with a lighthearted tone.
"Just this once, you'll have to learn to do this on your own some day, y'know."

As she is making the transaction with the store clerk, they exchange a few shrewd inaudible looks regarding the clerk's earlier poor decision making.
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie Wilson on Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:00 pm

'I can do it myself!' Ellie speaks out in a very matter-of-fact tone. 'I'm just not used to these money yet, and I forgot to fold my bills...' she explains and takes her wallet back, then picks up her red cane and expands it before turning around and heading towards what she thinks is the exit. Once outside, she stops in place and begins waiting for Chiharu to bring the ice creams over, with an impatient smile on her face. She doesn't really like it when people treat her like a little child, but since the older girl has been so nice to her, Ellie decides to forgive her this time.
Ellie Wilson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:18 pm

Chiharu puts on the new headphones, tucks the cord into her shirt, takes the wrappers off of the ice cream, and makes her way towards Ellie.

"Hold out your hand"

Once the careful hand off was completed, their attention was free to talk again.
"Hey, I was going to head to the park where they've got this nice fountain I like to listen to sometimes, wanna come?"
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie Wilson on Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:26 pm

Ellie laughs when she feels the cone of the ice cream in her left palm, then quickly licks the top a little bit and giggles happily. 'Delicious~' she smiles widely, silently thanking Chiharu for her choice. After she's offered a walk to the park, the little girl nods. 'Sure! My mom's not at home anyway, so I'm sure she won't mind if I stay out for a bit longer!' she smiles once again and uses her cane to tap gently on the ground, preparing to follow her new friend.
Ellie Wilson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:37 pm

She calmly says, "It's this way" and begins making her way toward the park. Not long after she matches Ellie's pace, chiharu decides to satisfy her own curiosity.
"You said you're not from here, where exactly Are you from?"
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie Wilson on Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:40 pm

'Oh, right!' Ellie smiles and licks her ice cream again. 'I'm from Toronto! My mom got a job here, and my uncle is studying in that big school outside of town, so I moved here!'
Ellie Wilson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top