[Open] Plan of Action

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Open] Plan of Action

Post by Takeshi Tachibana on Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:00 am

Takeshi is sitting down behind his desk, wit a freshly made cup of coffee in his hands. He takes a sip, then turns towards the picture of his daughter on the desk and sighs. This morning, he learned about the upcoming summer festival, and immediately realized he would be in a lot of trouble. He knows that Nayumi would absolutely want to go, no matter what, but can her body handle all the excitement? If she goes, she'd get badly sick for sure, just in time for the school vacation! But at the same time, she'd also be very disappointed if she doesn't go. Takeshi sighs once again and pushes the cup towards his lips.

'What to do...' he mutters to himself while trying to come up with a good plan of action.
Takeshi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] Plan of Action

Post by Mihoko Ikina on Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:08 am

Mihoko slides the door to the teacher's lounge open with one hand while balancing a stack of papers in the other.
As she slides the door back closed again (and almost dropping her stack of papers in the process.) she says to herself, but also out loud
"Man, I've got so much paperwork to get through I don't think I'll ever finish. Guess that's what I get for waiting till the last minute." not realizing that there was someone else in the room.
Mihoko Ikina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeshi Tachibana on Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:11 am

Takeshi turns towards his colleague and notices the heavy load she's carrying, then immediately stands up and walks over to her. 'Don't push yourself, Ikina-sensei' he speaks out while placing his hands underneath the stack of papers and takes them away without really asking for permission. Quickly, he carries them over to her own desk before sitting back down on his chair. 'We can't have you overworking yourself right before summer vacation now, can we?'
Takeshi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina on Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:24 am

"AH!" Mihoko cried out in surprise when Tachibana grabbed the stack of papers from her and then proceeded to set them down on her desk for her. She hadn't been expecting someone else so suddenly.
"Tachibana-sensei, I didn't know you were in here. Thank you for grabbing my papers, it would of been a pain in the butt to have to pick them all up"
She said as she made her way over to her desk to take her seat, her limp slightly more pronounced today than usual.
Mihoko Ikina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeshi Tachibana on Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:45 am

'Happy to help' Takeshi nods and looks back at the picture on his desk. 'Hey, Ikina-sensei... Can I ask for some advice?'
Takeshi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina on Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:57 am

"Sure,ask away. I suppose I DO owe you after all for saving my papers from falling to their doom." Mihoko replied jokingly as she fumbled around with something under her desk for a moment. She then produced from under the desk her prosthetic leg and propped it up against the side of her desk. Then pointing to her leg she asked
"That doesn't bother you does it? Darn thing has been kinda bugging me today. Sorry Tachibana-Sensei, you wanted some advice?"
She then pulled her ears to the side before saying
"I'm all ears."
Mihoko Ikina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeshi Tachibana on Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:46 am

'Oh, it doesn't bother me at all' Takeshi explains and pulls back the shirt sleeve of his right hand to expose his cybernetic arm, then leans back in his chair and looks at the picture on his desk. 'My daughter... She has a condition, gets sick very easily. And if her sickness worsens, her life is in danger' he explains quietly. 'You know about the summer festival, right? My daughter has really been looking forward to it, but if she goes there, she'll absolutely get sick. So... What am I supposed to do? Should I just... let it happen?'
Takeshi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina on Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:01 pm

"Hmmmm...that's a tough one. You want her to be happy, but don't want to put her life in danger either."
Mihoko thought for a moment, then suddenly her face it up with an idea.
"I think I got it. Your daughter, she should be fine as long as she stays home right? What if you had your own "mini" summer festival at your home? You think she'd go for that? I'd even be willing to help you out with it."
Mihoko Ikina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeshi Tachibana on Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:06 pm

'Great idea, but I'm afraid she won't be satisfied with that' Takeshi chuckles and takes the photo of Nayumi from the desk and hands it over to Mihoko. 'She may not look like it, but my daughter is no longer a child. She won't fall for such tricks. And even if I would do something like that, I'm afraid she doesn't really have many friends, and what little she has won't sacrifice attending the real festival to be with her' he sighs. 'I wouldn't have asked for advice if the situation had a simple solution...'
Takeshi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina on Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:33 pm

Mihoko lets out a slight chuckle while answering
"Well it was worth a shot."
She looked at the picture that Takeshi had handed her from his desk.
"Well...this may be a long shot but I may have something. When my cousin and I were in high school my cousin had a pen-pal in America, we liked reading the letters because it helped us practice our English. At about half way through our last year of high school his pen-pal sends us a box of DVDs.Some of them were a little older, one was called "The Boy in the Plastic Bubble". It was about this kid that had no immune system, so in order to go out he had a kind of suit that he could wear so that he didn't breath in any germs and get sick. Do you think something like that could work? At least then she'd be able to attend the festival and not get sick."
She then handed the picture back to Takeshi.
Mihoko Ikina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeshi Tachibana on Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:42 pm

'Hmm, a plastic bubble? Interesting...' Takeshi strokes his chin. 'I might be able to build something like that... It would be the ultimate protection... But what if... Hmm...' he says and pulls out a sheet of paper, then places it onto his desk and begins drawing some rather complicated-looking diagrams, complete with weird equations that not even a math teacher would fully comprehend. 'Hey, I think this might actually work! Hang on a second, let me try and get permission... I'll be right back!' the man stands up and pulls out his cellphone, then presses the speed-dial button and places the phone next to his ear. 'Hey there, baby girl! How are you feeling? Everything alright? Listen, I wanted to talk to you about the summer festival. Yes, I know you want to, but listen to this...' he says before leaving the room and shutting the door behind him.

About a minute later, Takeshi returns with a defeated look on his face. He grabs the sheet of paper with the diagrams and crumples it, then throws it in the bin and lies down on the desk. 'We're gonna need a Plan C...'
Takeshi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina on Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:56 pm

Takeshi Tachibana wrote:About a minute later, Takeshi returns with a defeated look on his face. He grabs the sheet of paper with the diagrams and crumples it, then throws it in the bin and lies down on the desk. 'We're gonna need a Plan C...'

Mihoko chuckles a little at seeing Takeshi simply lay down on the desk.
"Sorry, wasn't expecting that."
There was a moment of silence before she thought of another idea.
"You know Tachibana-Sensei...I think maybe we're over thinking this. Would she be able to attend the festival if she used an oxygen mask? That would at least reduce the risk of illness due to anything airborne right?"
Mihoko Ikina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeshi Tachibana on Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:06 pm

'Hmm, could be, but to be perfectly honest, I don't think it's the germs that will get to her. Or at least, not JUST the germs' Takeshi says as he sits up on the desk and turns around. 'It's all the excitement... She's never attended a festival like this before. She hasn't been near one before! All of those emotions might be too much for her. Every time she overexerts herself, she ends up with a fever that very same night. I just... I don't know. I want her to be happy, I really do, but at the same time, I don't want to see her in pain...' he sighs and reaches down towards the drawers on the desk, then pulls out a Rubik's cube and begins playing around with it.
Takeshi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina on Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:21 pm

"Well...What if you remind her not to get too excited? I know that might be hard when she's never been to something like this before. If you just remind her not to over do it, who knows it might work and she might go home happy and fine. This may not be the best idea, but you may just have to take a chance."
Mihoko replied.
Mihoko Ikina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeshi Tachibana on Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:29 pm

Takeshi sighs. 'Yeah, I suppose that would be the best solution. I'll just... Tell her to be careful, to take it easy and to be home before nine. Teachers are allowed to be there too, right? Maybe you can help me keep an eye on her, make sure she doesn't overexert herself'
Takeshi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina on Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:38 pm

"Sure, I don't see why not. I didn't really have any plans that day anyway." Mihoko replied with smile.
She then added
"Besides now this gives me an excuse to go and buy a new yukata. To be honest I haven't wore one since I was what? 11 or 12 I think. To bad though, this will be first festival I'll attend with out Izu-Chan."
Mihoko Ikina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeshi Tachibana on Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:40 pm

'Izu-chan?' Takeshi stops playing with the Rubik's cube and quickly solves it with a few moves without batting an eye, then places it next to him and turns towards Mihoko in anticipation.
Takeshi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina on Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:58 pm

"Oh, sorry. Thinking out loud again. Izumo, he's the cousin I mentioned earlier. We grew up together so really he's more like a brother."
Mihoko answered.
Mihoko Ikina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeshi Tachibana on Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:00 pm

'Ah, I see' Takeshi nods. 'You talk about him as if he's not around anymore. Did... something happen?' he asks, not really considering any kind of tact or restraint.
Takeshi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina on Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:16 pm

"Well...you could say that. He's studying abroad and it's just like him to never write to his favorite cousin."
She simply answered.
"Sorry, I made it sound like he wasn't around in a much worse sense than it really is."
she added.
Mihoko Ikina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeshi Tachibana on Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:19 pm

'Well, at least he's okay. That's all that really matters' he smiles faintly. 'Though if I were you, I'd take the initiative and write him myself. Just... take the chance while you still can. Once you can't, you'll come to regret it for the rest of your life'
Takeshi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina on Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:27 pm

"Did...sorry for asking if it's to personal, and you don't have to answer if you don't want to. It just sounds to me like you've lost someone important to you."
Mihoko asked, hoping that she'd not gone too far with her question.
Mihoko Ikina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeshi Tachibana on Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:39 pm

Takeshi hesitates a bit before answering the question. He wasn't too comfortable with going into details about what happened, but then again, Ikina-sensei had told him about her cousin, and she was also doing him the favor of helping to look after Nayumi at the summer festival, so he figures she deserves to know. 'My wife... She passed away in the same accident that gave me these' he taps on his bionic arm. 'After eleven years of marriage, one day she was just... Not there anymore. I'll never forgive myself for not telling her so many things...' he sighs and looks away.
Takeshi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina on Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:48 pm

"Its...kind of interesting you know. I know that pain, more than you know."
She lets out a slight sigh before going on
"You see...when I was about 5 I was on a trip with my parents. There was an accident, and I lost more than just my leg and 20/20 vision. I lost both of my parents too. That's why I'm so close to my Cousin, my Aunt and Uncle raised me. I guess in a weird way we're kind of alike,you and I."
Mihoko Ikina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeshi Tachibana on Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:05 pm

'Heh, yeah, I suppose so' Takeshi smiles genuinely. 'You'd think that with all the lives lost on the road every day, someone would have already invented a much safer travel method that's just as efficient, but unfortunately, inventions like these tend to be overlooked in the scientific world unless they can be weaponized or sold for billions' he notes, with a note of sadness in his voice. 'But let's not talk about such depressing topics. Some people, myself included, still try to use science to help people without caring much about profit. For example...' he looks at her prosthetic. 'I can build you a bionic leg if you want, like mine' Takeshi leans forward and pulls the lower edge of his pants up to reveal his own leg cybernetics.
Takeshi Tachibana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top