KS: The New Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Open] Plan of Action

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

[Open] Plan of Action - Page 2 Empty Re: [Open] Plan of Action

Post by Mihoko Ikina Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:32 pm

Mihoko looks at Takeshi's cybernetics for moment before answering.
"A bionic leg huh? I'd never really considered it before. I've gotten really used to this one here." she said as she gestured toward her prosthetic, then added
"I dunno, don't those cybernetic ones require quite a bit of maintenance and stuff?"
Mihoko Ikina
Mihoko Ikina

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeshi Tachibana Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:36 pm

'Well, you'll need to open it up and clean it once every few months or so. If you do that, you won't actually need to bring it in for repairs for at least 10-20 years. My cybernetics tend to be of an extremely high quality, after all. I don't mean to brag, but if things had gone a little differently, I could've been the number one cybernetics expert on the planet right about now... Instead, I was stupid enough to push for funding before the world was ready, and... Here I am now' he chuckles.
Takeshi Tachibana
Takeshi Tachibana

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:46 pm

Mihoko thought for a bit then said
"Well that's not too bad I suppose.You know what? Sure,why not? If you're as good as you say you are I shouldn't have anything to worry about either, right?" with a playful smile.
"Plus it'll help me that slight limp I seem to have had ever since I got a prosthetic."
Mihoko Ikina
Mihoko Ikina

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeshi Tachibana Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:49 pm

'It's decided, then' Takeshi nods. 'Feel free to come over to my home sometime so I can take your measurements, and I'll start building the leg immediately. However, you'll still need to find someone to do the surgery which will attach it to you permanently. Back when I was handling cybernetics, my wife used to perform the surgeries, but...'
Takeshi Tachibana
Takeshi Tachibana

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:01 am

"Sounds good to me. Guess I'll have to find a good surgeon to attach it then, any suggestions? As for getting my measurements for the leg, I'm thinking after the summer vacation starts would be best." she answered.
Mihoko Ikina
Mihoko Ikina

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeshi Tachibana Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:03 am

'I couldn't agree more. I'll have plenty of time to work on the leg during the summer vacation anyway. I haven't really made any cybernetics since the crash, so I might need to remember some finer details, but if my estimation is correct, you'll have a shiny new leg before your first day back at school' he smirks confidently.
Takeshi Tachibana
Takeshi Tachibana

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:13 am

"Perfect. Now...about all this paper work." she said with a sigh as her gaze turned to the stack of papers on her desk.
"I wish it'd just do it's self. You think there's a way to make a machine that could do all this boring paperwork for me?"
she said with that joking smile of hers as she picked up a pen and started on her paperwork.
"Oh well, at least I've got some one to chat with while I do this. Won't seem so boring this way." she added.
Mihoko Ikina
Mihoko Ikina

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeshi Tachibana Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:17 am

'Unfortunately, I don't think science will ever be advanced enough to create a device that can deal with paperwork... Unless we're talking about a shredder' he chuckles and sits back down on his chair. 'What are you working on now, exactly?'
Takeshi Tachibana
Takeshi Tachibana

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:20 am

"Well some of it is essays that need grading,some are those weird report things we're supposed to turn in, and these ones here..." she says as she holds up a rather thick manila folder with out ever taking her eyes off of the paper she's grading
"...these ones are...OK I'm not actually sure what these ones are but they need taking care of what ever they are."
as she scribbled some more on the paper she was grading she added almost to her self but also to the room in general
"You know,as I grade some of these it makes me proud to be a teacher and other one's make me wonder if some of these kids are even listening to a word we say. What do you think?"
Mihoko Ikina
Mihoko Ikina

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeshi Tachibana Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:58 pm

'Well, to be perfectly honest, I think you need to be a little stricter with your students' Takeshi says and pushes his glasses up towards the bridge of his nose. 'During my lectures, nobody ever talks, or texts or plays videogames or anything like that, even though I've never explicitly said anything about it. Why? Because the stuff I'm teaching isn't in the books, at least, not all of it. So the only way to pass an exam is to listen carefully and take detailed notes. I also never slow down my pace to answer questions or elaborate more. If a student hasn't understood something, I usually advise them to visit me after class so I can work specifically with them and make sure they got it. My methods may appear unorthodox, and a few students apparently reported to the principal, but you can't argue against their effectiveness' he smiles with satisfaction. 'On my first test, over 75% of all students from all senior classes failed, and only about 3% got A's. Once they realized we're doing this my way or no way, on my second test, 65% of all students got A's, and only 10% failed. I expected even better results on the test after summer break'
Takeshi Tachibana
Takeshi Tachibana

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:51 pm

"Hey now, I'm strict enough with my students! When I'm talking they're listening, I mean you get the occasional "whisperer" but I deal with that.
As for handheld electronic devices, such as phones and video game players, I only allow phones out if it's a medical emergency. Otherwise I don't wanna see them or hear them. I suppose I could find a way to throw them a few curve balls though to keep them on their toes. It's just..." Mihoko stopped for a second to readjust her glasses then went on "...with history it's all in the books, but I suppose I shouldn't let that stop me. Maybe I just need to find a way to make it more interesting, instead of a curve ball. Find the things about history that appeal to teenagers these days, ya know?"
Mihoko Ikina
Mihoko Ikina

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeshi Tachibana Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:56 pm

'That's not a bad idea' Takeshi nods. 'History isn't my strongest subject at all, but as a scientist, I can say that the brain is far better at remembering stories than raw facts. If I were you, I'd take advantage of that fact'
Takeshi Tachibana
Takeshi Tachibana

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:09 pm

"yeah I guess that's true. I had this teacher in junior high that would occasionally come in wearing a bald-cap, coke bottle glasses, and a large ruler. He'd teach the class as if he were an angry German man. Though I don't think something like that would work in this case, I see what you're saying."
Mihoko Ikina
Mihoko Ikina

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeshi Tachibana Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:32 pm

Takeshi chuckles slightly when he hears the story. 'Yeah, it would... probably be best if you don't do that. It's important for students to respect you at least a little'
Takeshi Tachibana
Takeshi Tachibana

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:51 pm

With a chuckle Mihoko said
"Yeah...I hear you on that. Hmmm...It would probably be frowned upon if I brought in a foam flail as a teaching aid for the section I have planned on the Spanish Inquisition.I can say nobody would expect it, nobody."
Mihoko Ikina
Mihoko Ikina

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeshi Tachibana Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:04 pm

'Hmm, yes, I suppose not' Takeshi pushes his glasses up, completely failing to get the reference. All of a sudden, the teacher's phone goes off. He takes it out of his pocket and briefly checks the number, then turns towards Mihoko. 'Excuse me for a second...' he says as he presses a button and heads towards he door. About 30 seconds later, he comes back inside the lounge.

'I'm sorry to say, but I should get going. My daughter just called, she wants to make miso soup for dinner and asked me to go buy some tofu' Takeshi says as he takes his coat from the hanger next to the door.
Takeshi Tachibana
Takeshi Tachibana

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:11 pm

"No worries Tachibana-Sensei, I really need to this stuff done anyway. Take care."
Mihoko said to Takeshi as she gave a wave with her free hand, still never looking up from her paper.
Mihoko Ikina
Mihoko Ikina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2