KS: The New Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

{Open} Work Unfinished & Distractions

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

{Open} Work Unfinished & Distractions Empty {Open} Work Unfinished & Distractions

Post by Mizo Takameshi Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:06 am

It was a nice summer afternoon. The sun was out in full force and while a bit warm, the temperature was actually quite nice. Mizo however was inside his dorm room working on some of his summer homework, (Math his least favorite subject.) but not getting very far. Even though it was summer and a lot of students had gone home to visit their families, some had opted to stay at the school over the break. Mizo had stayed because of the fact that his parents were too busy with work, and that at least here he felt like he at least fit in.
The reason Mizo was having trouble focusing on his homework was because someone in one of the near by rooms had decided to be a little loud. Mizo understood that it was summer and as such the atmosphere was a bit more lax, but it was almost out of hand and was distracting him from his homework. He'd tried to ignore it, but it was just too much. So after thoroughly psyching himself up, he exited his room and walked down the hall to the room that was the source of his distraction. As he forced himself to approach the door,
*knock,knock*
"Um...Excuse me...Um...I'm...I'm trying to...to study...could you...could you keep it down a bit...if you don't mind that is. I...I would really appreciate it."
he asked as he waited for a response.
Mizo Takameshi
Mizo Takameshi

Back to top Go down

{Open} Work Unfinished & Distractions Empty Re: {Open} Work Unfinished & Distractions

Post by Tiberius Hawke Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:26 am

Hawke's "shred sesh" on his guitar is interrupted by a loud knock at the door. He pauses Placebo's version of "Big Mouth Strikes Again" to answer his door. [Great cover!]

He'd stayed at school 'cause his mother was still involved in the court case concerning his father, and she had no time for him at home. His days were spent with his friends and playing his multitude of instruments.

He decides answering the door in boxers would be a bad idea, and throws on some jeans and doesn't bother with a shirt. He pulls open the door and leans against the door frame.

Before him is somebody he has no recollection of whatsoever... which isn't exactly rare.

"Yo." He says, through the pick that is in his mouth.

Um...Excuse me...Um...I'm...I'm trying to...to study...could you...could you keep it down a bit...if you don't mind that is. I...I would really appreciate it.

Studying? In summer? .... That's probably a good idea.

"I guess you're the new guy on the floor. Sorry man, I tend to be a little... loud." He says, grinning. "What ya studyin'?"
Tiberius Hawke
Tiberius Hawke

Back to top Go down

{Open} Work Unfinished & Distractions Empty Re: {Open} Work Unfinished & Distractions

Post by Mizo Takameshi Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:51 am

"Ugghh...well...Math...m-my least favorite a-and worst subject." Mizo replied
"Oh...I'm...T-Takmeshi, Mizo." he added as he extended his hand in greeting.
Mizo Takameshi
Mizo Takameshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiberius Hawke Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:06 am

"Hawke, Tiberius." He replies with a smile.

Judging by the boys meek nature, Hawke guesses that he is a junior.

"You're in the junior year right? I remember some of the maths from back then. I can help you study if you would like; it would be good for me to get some practice in." He says while returning the handshake.
Tiberius Hawke
Tiberius Hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Takameshi Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:05 pm

Tiberius Hawke wrote:"You're in the junior year right? I remember some of the maths from back then. I can help you study if you would like; it would be good for me to get some practice in."
After a moment to think it over Mizo decided that some help with his math would make things easier.
"Ye-yeah...thats right...I'm a j-junior. Um...s-sure I wouldn't mind...the help. S-Should I grab my stuff, or...or should we...study in my room?" he asked.
Mizo Takameshi
Mizo Takameshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiberius Hawke Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:32 pm

"How's about you head in here, I'll put some montage msic on. Y'know, like Rocky!" He says with a grin, and grabs a compilation CD.

IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWNNN!!!

Tiberius Hawke
Tiberius Hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Takameshi Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:32 am

"A-Alright." Mizo replied, not quite sure who Rocky was. After grabbing his study materials and returning, he gave a knock as he entered cautiously.
"I'm b-back. Where...where should I sit?" he asked as he entered.
Mizo Takameshi
Mizo Takameshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiberius Hawke Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:27 pm

"Ummmm..."

He drags out a bean bag from the side of his bed.

"Is this ok?" He says, and nudges it towards Mizo before falling back on his bed.

"Who is your teacher?" Hawke asks, while digging through a box of school-related junk.
Tiberius Hawke
Tiberius Hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Takameshi Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:15 am

"Y-Yeah...that's fine" he replied as he took a seat in the beanbag chair, and was surprised at mow much he sunk into it.
"Um...for math I-I have...ummmm..." his spotty memory was hitting him hard again "...uhhh...g-gimme a second, I h-have to think about it. M-My homeroom teacher is Ikina-Sensei, but her specialty is History. Ummm...i-if it helps...here's what I'm working on."
Mizo said as he handed the book and his answers he had so far over so that Tiberius could get a look at it.
Mizo Takameshi
Mizo Takameshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiberius Hawke Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:57 am

"Ah you got a bit of the ol' blotchy memory too?" Hawke says, then points to his vast array or pills. "Nothin' seems to work for me. I'm off to university this year and I hope we find a damned solution before the end of it.... Mine's mostly short-term, what about you?"

He looks through the maths book and finds amongst all the confusing scribbles and integrations and differentiations and divisions and extrapolations and finally find the sheet in question.

"Ah! I remember this one, hang on..." Hawke ducks under his bed and drags out a large box. When he opens it, a vast array of books and textbooks and random scraps of paper can be found inside.

"This is between you and me" He says with a grin, and picks out a blue book. The name on it is of somebody who used to go to the academy but left a year ago. "The teachers don't keep security on their old books very well..." Hawke says, flipping through the book, "And they really aren't very imaginative when it comes to setting work. Look.."

He shows the book to Mizo to reveal the exact same set of questions, "Now, normally I'd charge for the use of this wonderful tool, but you seem like a sound guy. You get one free pass!" He says and grins once again.
Tiberius Hawke
Tiberius Hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Takameshi Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:27 am

[Just a heads up, I'll be M.I.A. for about the next week starting tomorrow. I'll be out of town and without a computer.]

"T-Thanks...I'd...I'd normally just do the work, b-but math makes...makes my brain scratch, if that m-makes any sense." he said as he started "procuring" the answers he needed.
As he wrote he answered Hawke's first question
"I h-have...have some trouble with my s-short term memory, but there are also some almost...almost unnerving g-gaps in my long term. It's caused...by my...my c-condition."
Mizo Takameshi
Mizo Takameshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:49 pm

[Here, let me help. Notifications, right?]

A thud emanates from the ceiling above them, followed by an angry English speaking guy's voice coming from the room's vent.

The voice is small in comparison to the music.

*E*HAWKE-SHUT THAT MUSIC THE FUCK UP-I CAN'T EVEN HEAR MY OWN THOUGHTS!"

It's then followed by loud German speak.
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiberius Hawke Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:18 pm

[God-dammit Troy, I was getting to it.]

Hawke shouts up to his ceiling in English, "Fuck off! Come down here and turn it off yourself! I'm too lazy!"

He looks back down at Mizo. He reverts back to Japanese and says "sorry about that. Crazy neighbours."

He rubs his face with his hand and yawns, "Memory problems really suck."

He frowns slightly, deep in thought.

Now... do I ask.... Yolo.

"So, what... condition, do you have? If you don't mind me asking."
Tiberius Hawke
Tiberius Hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Takameshi Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:27 pm

Mizo suddenly looks extremely nervous. He'd figured that question was coming, but it still caught him off guard.
"Uh..well...y-you see...uhhh...it's...uhhh...well....ummm...I'm...I'm not r-really comfortable talking a-a-about it just yet. It...it happened...not too l-long ago still...s-sorry...I-I...t-that is...uhhh........"
His voice trailed off until he just stopped talking altogether. His eyes unfocused as he sort of stared off into space, not looking or focusing on or at anything. His mouth slightly open, like it had relaxed a little.His hand fell to his sides as he let go of the papers he'd been holding. Mizo looked as if his brain had sort of shut down. He just sat there like that, unmoving for around 35 to 40 seconds. Completely unresponsive to everything around him.
Suddenly his eyes focused back to attention, as he blinked his eyes rapidly a few times and shook his head a little bit. Noticing his papers on the floor he reached down and picked them up, his face regaining it's usual, worried expression.
"Umm..Uhh..t-that happens...some t-times...s-sorry."
Mizo Takameshi
Mizo Takameshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiberius Hawke Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:11 am

"It's, err... it's ok." Hawke says with a worried expression.

"You need anything? The nurse? That looked a little serious."
Tiberius Hawke
Tiberius Hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Takameshi Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:55 am

Mizo shakes his head
"No...it's alright, it's...a side effect of m-my...condition, but it's...nothing to worry about."
Deciding that trying to avoid it was probably making things worse, Mizo willed up his courage and started to explain
"I...I guess I should talk about it...pretending won't make it go away. I...I r-recently found out...umm...that I h-have Epilepsy. The doctors said something about i-irregularities in my sleep...my sleep patterns. It's also cause some...uhhh...some other side effects, l-like my poor short term...umm...memory...and that spacing o-out thing that I d-do. I just seems s-so weird to me...it's...it's all different, and..and yeah...do you know what I mean?"
Mizo Takameshi
Mizo Takameshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiberius Hawke Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:15 am

Hawke grins at Mizo, "I guess that must have been hard. Well done."

He gets up from his perch on the bed and begins walking around to stretch out his injured leg, which had begun to cramp.

"I can sympathise with the memory thing. And the sleep." He slaps his leg, "This bitch keeps me awake all night. Sleep comes rarely."
Tiberius Hawke
Tiberius Hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Takameshi Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:05 am

"I-It's not that I have trouble sleeping...the irregularities are...uhh...the problem is..is when I don't get enough sleep. I do know what you mean t-though. Right after my seizure...I...that is...all my muscles were sore, it made it kind of h-h hard to sleep." Mizo replied.
Mizo Takameshi
Mizo Takameshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiberius Hawke Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:27 am

Hawke nods with pursed lips. "I can imagine." He says, looking out of the window.

"How is the work coming along?" He says suddenly, snapping his attention back to Mizo.
Tiberius Hawke
Tiberius Hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Takameshi Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:35 am

"Uhhh...J-Just about t-there I think." he said as he held up his sheet to show Hawke his progress.
Mizo Takameshi
Mizo Takameshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiberius Hawke Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:08 am

"Good." He smiles, and picks up the big box of books and slides them underneath the bed.
Tiberius Hawke
Tiberius Hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Takameshi Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:36 am

As Mizo finished up the last of his work, a thought poped into his head.
"Umm...I was wondering s-something. have you...uhh, sorry...Do you know what it is you want to do after you've f-finished school?"
He asked, partly out of curiosity at what Hawke would say but also because he hadn't put much thought into the answer to that question himself. "What do you want to do with your life." was something he'd never really put much thought into, but here he was a second year high school student. He needed to figure it out, or at least start thinking about it.
Mizo Takameshi
Mizo Takameshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiberius Hawke Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:04 pm

Hawke breathes heavily out of his nose.

"That's... a hard one." He says cryptically.

Technically, Hawke didn't actually NEED to get a job once he left school - his father's fortune was enough to sustain any amount of reckless spending for quite some time yet, and even so, Hawke would have little to no trouble finding work in the world of music. Who wouldn't want the son of an A-list guitarist and singer in their band or as their producer? Hawke had already had minor success on the internet - he'd done some producing for some people online and had even played in a few popular songs on Youtube.

"Outside of music I don't really have many skills. My memory affects virtually all subjects except music - I guess people are right when thye say learning an instrument is like riding a bike - you never forget."

He ponders for a few more seconds, "What about you?"
Tiberius Hawke
Tiberius Hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Takameshi Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:31 pm

"I'd...never really thought about it. The only things I'm any good at are...are reading books, and building models. I don't think there are a-any jobs involving those two things." He replied.
"Is there really anything I can when there's a chance I could have a seizure at any moment?"
Mizo Takameshi
Mizo Takameshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiberius Hawke Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:54 am

Hawke shrugs. "I'm sure there is. Have you tried your hand at designing rather than building models? Engineer seems to be a good way to go for you. Lots of books and you still get to build."
Tiberius Hawke
Tiberius Hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next