(PRIVATE) Peace has returned at last.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

(PRIVATE) Peace has returned at last.

Post by Christopher Cook on Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:46 am

With Eric having slipped off the grid for a spell, Chris does something he has neglected to do since he first arrived at Yamaku: go running. Arriving at a familiar park, he runs a few laps around a fountain, and then goes to sit down on a nearby bench, dozing off in the process. Upon being woken by the mischievous laughter of a child, he regains his senses. "Can I help you? You didn't write on me, did you?"
Christopher Cook

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: (PRIVATE) Peace has returned at last.

Post by Ellie Wilson on Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:06 am

Ellie is sitting on her usual spot for when her mother is at work - on the bench across from the fountain. The little girl is, once again, completely invested in the book she's reading, with her finger sliding gently across the dots with a remarkable speed for a six year old. She's so invested, in fact, that she doesn't even notice that she's no longer alone in the park, so when the bad guy of the book finally gets some just desserts, Ellie lets out a mischievous laughter, unable to hide her satisfaction from the turn of events. Suddenly, she hears a male voice asking if he can help her. 'Eh?' she turns around towards the direction the voice came from, still a bit confused about what's going on. It takes her a few moments to realize what had happened. Ashamed, the little girl places her hands over her mouth and quickly goes red in the face. 'I am so sorry! I thought I was alone!' she explains and bows a little.
Ellie Wilson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Christopher Cook on Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:20 am

This little girl has an awfully formal manner of speaking. Her mannerisms also hint at a very developed child. "Oh, don't worry about it." Chris shoots a warm smile at the youth , and then goes to survey the surrounding park. "Are you here by yourself? Oh!" Chris returns his attention to the girl. "Where are my manners? My name is Christopher Cook. I'm a senior at Yamaku. And you are?"
Christopher Cook

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie Wilson on Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:23 am

'Mhm!' the girl nods when the man asks if she's by herself, then listens closely as he introduces himself, nothing that there seem to be an awful lot of Yamaku students hanging around the park - which isn't exactly hard to believe, considering the school is only a short walk away. 'My name's Elena Wilson, but you can call me Ellie! Everyone does!' she smiles widely, happy to meet a new friend.
Ellie Wilson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Christopher Cook on Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:27 am

"Pleasure to make your acquaintance, Ellie-san. You know, you don't have to sit by yourself."
Christopher Cook

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie Wilson on Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:31 am

Ellie giggles when Chris adds the honorific to her name. 'Please, just call me Ellie! It feels weird when you add the -san' she asks, then turns her white eyes down to her book again while listening to her new friend. 'Oh, don't worry about me! I'm used to being by myself. My mom's always working, and my uncle's busy with school, so most of the time I'm alone' she confesses.
Ellie Wilson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Christopher Cook on Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:21 am

"I see..." I thought kids loved company. This girl is quite the enigma. Honestly, she reminds a bit of myself when I was her age. She has an uncanny fascination with reading. Sumiko would love this girl. Chris takes note of the book the adolescent is absorbed in. "What'cha reading?"
Christopher Cook

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie Wilson on Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:28 am

'Oh, it's just something I found in my school's library' Ellie says and places her bookmark in between the pages, then closes the book to reveal a title on the cover, in both regular Japanese and braille. The title is that of the first book from a popular light novel series aimed at the 10-14 female audience. 'I generally like to read encyclopedias and non-fiction books, but since there wasn't anything like that in braille, I went ahead and took this. It's better than nothing, right?' she giggles.
Ellie Wilson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Christopher Cook on Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:04 am

Finally having a vivid look at the girl's eyes, Chris instantly realizes that she is blind. "Encyclopedias, you say?" Chris scratches his head in amazement at the young girl's highly-developed intellect. "You're very wise for your age. Don't ever let anyone try and convince you that smart people get no where in life." Chris chuckles.
Christopher Cook

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie Wilson on Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:18 am

'Hihi, thanks!' Ellie giggles after he compliments her, then listens to him as he explains about how smart people get ahead in life. 'My mom says the same thing' she nods with a faint smile, not entirely convinced that she'd get too far ahead. After all, the real world wasn't entirely blind people-friendly - a point which was being proven to her over and over again, with the latest case being her treatment in the store when she went to buy ice cream. If it wasn't for Chiharu, the little girl would've probably left ice cream-less and in tears. Ellie shrugs at the unpleasant memory, then turns her eyes back towards the young man. 'I wonder, do you like to read too, Christopher?'
Ellie Wilson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Christopher Cook on Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:38 am

"Absolutely. I don't know if you and I are interested in the same types of literary works, but I very much enjoy the suspense of a good murder mystery novel. I've also played my fair share of visual novels, and I could stare at the artwork of any well-drawn manga for hours on end. I'm not sure if that last one technically registers as 'reading', though."
Christopher Cook

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie Wilson on Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:45 am

'Murder mysteries?' Ellie tilts her head to the side. 'I don't think I've read any of these yet... Then again, I doubt they'd have them in the elementary school's library... I wonder if there's a place around here where I can get lots of books in braille...' she thinks out loud.

The little girl listens closely as Chris talks to her about looking at artwork. 'That must be fun!' she chuckles.
Ellie Wilson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Christopher Cook on Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:38 pm

"If you'd like, I can look for your books in Yamaku's library. The place is so large and well-stocked that I'm under the impression that that's where most of the school's budget goes."
Christopher Cook

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie Wilson on Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:52 pm

'Whoah, really?!?' Ellie asks excitedly, with a huge smile on her face. 'D-do you think we can... Just, you know... Go there and check them out? I-I mean, it's totally fine if we can't, but...'
Ellie Wilson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Christopher Cook on Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:04 am

Chris can't help but smile at the girl's bubbly energy. "I'm certain that Yamaku's staff will understand. If any concerns are raised, I'll just tell them that you're my youngest sister that's here on visit."
Christopher Cook

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie Wilson on Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:10 am

'Yay!!!' the little girl laughs and kicks her feet in the air happily. 'Can we go now?!?' Ellie asks, unable to contain her enthusiasm.
Ellie Wilson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Christopher Cook on Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:23 am

Chris stands up and makes his way over to the little girl. "Care for a piggyback ride?"
Christopher Cook

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie Wilson on Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:32 am

'I...' Ellie blushes a little. 'I'll pass, but thanks anyway!' she smiles and quickly puts her book back in her purse. After grabbing her red cane, she jumps down on the ground and extends it, then taps a few times on the ground to get a feel of her surroundings. 'Just lead the way!'
Ellie Wilson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Christopher Cook on Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:57 am

I'd hate to lecture this girl. But I can't help it. I have a soft spot for children. "Let's get a move on then." Chris makes his way to Yamaku with Ellie in tow. Along the way, several students can be heard snickering at the sight of a fellow student with a young child.
Christopher Cook

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie Wilson on Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:05 am

Ellie turns a blind eye (no pun intended) to all the snickering around them. The little girl's used to such reactions, even at a place where meeting a blind person isn't that uncommon. Instead of paying any sort of attention to them, she turns towards Chris. 'Hey, Christopher... You said that you'd tell them I'm your youngest sister... Does that mean you have another sister that's older than me?'
Ellie Wilson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Christopher Cook on Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:27 am

"Oh yeah. Rachel's her name. She's a junior here. I'm positive that she would probably faint from sheer cuteness after seeing you."
Christopher Cook

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie Wilson on Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:29 am

Ellie giggles at the compliment. 'Thanks! I'd really love to meet her too!'
Ellie Wilson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Christopher Cook on Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:04 am

The two finally arrive in the comfort of Yamaku's expansive library. Without so much as a warning, Ellie ventures deeper into the plethora of bookshelves. Chris follows close behind, but eventually settles on a book depicting colorful and surprisingly angst-tinged ponies. "Why do they keep books like these in a high school?"
Christopher Cook

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie Wilson on Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:22 am

[I'd appreciate it if you don't try to control my characters in the future. Ellie wouldn't go off running into the library like that - she's blind, and she's never been there before, which means she'd probably stay by Chris' side, at least until she familiarizes herself with the surroundings]

Thanks to some help from the librarian, eventually Ellie manages to find where the braille books are being held. All of them are conveniently placed so that blind students would have no trouble distinguishing them. The little girl gently moves her fingers over the spines of the books to read the titles printed on them. After a little while, she selects an encyclopedia about dinosaurs. After pulling it out, Ellie sits down on a nearby bean bed and opens it, intending to just read the first page or so and see if it interests her.
Ellie Wilson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top