KS: The New Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Open] Dawn of a New Age

3 posters

Go down

[Open] Dawn of a New Age Empty [Open] Dawn of a New Age

Post by Eric Grimm Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:37 am

It had been a rough few days for Eric, the recovery was painful but uninterrupted. Leaving the hospital with only a few bruises to heal and a bandage around his stomach, Eric is released upon Townsville to do as he pleased.

Having given the hospital a fake name, he wasn't sent back to Yamaku Academy. He was still on the fence as to what name to go by - that name had haunted his entire childhood and he wasn't sure if he was entirely ready to abandon the "real" world just yet.

It's probably for the better that I don't go back there... I've not been in education for a lo-ong time. It would take me years to get up to speed.

From the hospital he had walked to the apartments suggested by his Doctor, and arranged with the landlord to stay in the infamous Apartment 38 - now cleaned up and refurbished.

Flashes of memory plagued his head - his recovery after his fight with Christopher Cook, Satoshi Veach and Shinto Sequenze had taken place inside this apartment, although it was a lot more worse for wear. He attempts communicating with the two dead people - but no luck.

"I guess I can't even talk to the dead anymore..." He says to nobody in particular, and then hears a familiar meowling.

"Hey, girl." Eric says with a smile, and bends down on one knee to pet her.

A few hours later, Eric steps from the apartment, locking the door behind him.

If I'm to survive in the real world, I guess I need a job....

From an apartment nearby, an unfamiliar face steps from their door, and Eric readies himself for his first taste of social contact as the new him.
Eric Grimm
Eric Grimm

Back to top Go down

[Open] Dawn of a New Age Empty Re: [Open] Dawn of a New Age

Post by Iro Shisen Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:42 pm

Leaving her apartment with books spilling from one hand, a "borrowed" Styrofoam cup from a popular coffee shop filled with tea in the other, and countless art supplies waiting to burst from her bag, Iro Shisen locks the door and turns to walk towards the town.

That is, until she notices a young man looking more than a little confused standing outside an apartment she thought was empty.

If I recall correctly, that apartment caught fire just before I moved in...

Her suspicions are confirmed when she notices a decaying wreath of flowers a little further down the hallway.

"Oh... hello!" She says with a grin, "Are you new to the area? My name is Shisen Iro."

He looks very nervous.... Great, terrified the poor guy on his first day in town.
Iro Shisen
Iro Shisen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Grimm Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:15 am

"Eric Grimm." He says, nodding stiffly.

Be friendlier.

"I uh... I lived here a while. I used to go to the... the academy but I stopped." He says, stemmering slightly.

Man... man up! You need to actually do something useful this time 'round.

"I guess we're neighbours, huh?" He says, rather uselessly.
Eric Grimm
Eric Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Iro Shisen Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:31 am

Ah, a westener.

She picks up on the fact that he used his first name first and combines that with the pale skin, and deduces that the young man is an American. That and his terrible accent.

"You went to the academy? I teach there." She says, and sets down her heavy bag on the floor to let a bit more blood flow back into her numb fingertips.

"I think there is a teacher on this floor that teaches there too... I'm not so sure though." She continues, looking down the corridor.

She gestures towards his door, "So when'd you move in?"
Iro Shisen
Iro Shisen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:08 am

After much work Mihoko had finally finished cleaning/unpacking her apartment. Feeling almost too tired to cook she decided to go and eat out. Once she'd gotten her shoes on and grabbed her well worn purse she was ready to go. As she opened the door Mihoko heard

Iro Shisen wrote:"I think there is a teacher on this floor that teaches there too... I'm not so sure though."
Stepping out of her apartment, as she closed and locked her door she said down the hall to where two people were standing
"I couldn't help but over hear you, but I just happen to be that other teacher."
as a sort of playful grin spread over her face.
Mihoko Ikina
Mihoko Ikina

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Grimm Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:40 am

Oh... more people.

Eric starts to wave at the approaching teacher, glances at his hand, then puts it down.

A stiff bow later, and he introduces himself, "Eric Grimm. I just moved here today."
Eric Grimm
Eric Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:50 pm

"Nice to meet you, I'm Ms.Ikina. I teach History in-case you were wondering." Mihoko said with a friendly wave.
"While I appreciate it, the whole bowing thing is a bit too formal for me. So your name is Grimm huh?" she asked, as she tried to guess where he was from, America maybe?
"Kind of like Grimm's Fairy Tales? Dark stories with a lesson to be taught through some times gruesome or violent acts. Of course those were written in a much different time. Sorry, I'm rambling."
Mihoko Ikina
Mihoko Ikina

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Grimm Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:05 am

Eric relaxes a bit when the teacher mentions that she isn't one for families.

"Grimm is my second name, yeah." He says, internally facepalming when he realises he introduced himself the wrong way round.

He listens to her rambles, and realises how well his name fits his past.

I guess I DID learn a lesson through violent and gruesome acts... How coincidental.

"That's right, just like the brothers Grimm. They're what I got the name from actually."
Eric Grimm
Eric Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:03 am

"Oh? So then are you a descendant?" She inquired
"Seems to be all kinds around here." she added mostly for her own benefit
Mihoko Ikina
Mihoko Ikina

Back to top Go down

Post by Iro Shisen Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:11 pm

"There sure are a mixed bunch at the academy!" Iro says with a laugh, "Speaking of the academy, Eric here was just telling me how he used to go to the academy, did you leave at the end of last year? You don't really look old enough to have left school."

Iro Shisen
Iro Shisen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Grimm Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:15 pm

"I'm not a descendant, no." Eric says cryptically, before being assaulted with another question.

Great. How do I explain that I went on a murdering rampage, then was sent to an alternate universe and had an epiphany, and now I'm too far back on my education to continue...

"I, er.." He starts, then soldiers on, "I ran into some trouble last year and decided it would be better if I just got a full-time job. Which is kinda why I'm heading into town now, actually."

[It's still the summer break, right? You guys won't have teaching duty?]
Eric Grimm
Eric Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:52 am

"Trouble huh? That trouble wouldn't happen to have anything to do with you not going to school would it? Let me guess, you had some trouble and had to leave for one reason or another and now you think you're too far behind or something like that, am I right?" she asked with a sly grin.
"If you need help getting caught up or something I can tutor you until school starts again, well to a degree that is. I do have something important coming up soon.It's important to finish school, and I bet your friends would be happy to see you too. Ultimately though the choice is yours. Just keep in mind it would be kind of convenient for me to tutor you with me living this close to you and all." she said then looking up at Iro she added
"wouldn't you agree...uhh...I'm sorry didn't catch your name."
Mihoko Ikina
Mihoko Ikina

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Grimm Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:54 am

Eric smiles a little, "Got it in one.." He says quietly.

"I don't really want to go back to school, I didn't have any friends there.." He mumbles, looking a bit sad. "I doubt anybody would remember me. I didn't speak to many people in the brief time I was there."

It would be a good idea to have some qualifications of some kind...

"Would you be able to teach four years worth of school though?" He says, "I appreciate the offer and am very grateful, but I really am way too far behind..."
Eric Grimm
Eric Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Iro Shisen Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:00 am

"Shisen, Iro." Iro says, grinning widely. "Pleasure to finally meet my neighbour and co-worker!"

She listens to Eric story and a feeling of sympathy wells up in her stomach.

Wow, four years without school... what the hell did he go through...

"Obviously I have a teaching degree too... I could probably help out. I'm sure there's places other than school that you could take exams to get qualifications. Four years worth of content, however... That might take a while."

She touches the boy's shoulder, "If you have the passion and drive for it, though, you could achieve anything."

Iro smiles to herself, and remembers why she became a teacher. Inspiring a generation, arming the workers of tomorrow with the knowledge and tools they need to become great things. In her years of teaching she had taught several successful artists.
Iro Shisen
Iro Shisen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:54 am

"Pleasure to meet you Shisen-Sensei. I'm Ikina,Mihoko, but you already knew the Ikina part." She then turned to Eric and said
"And as for you, I'm with Shisen-Sensei on this one. If you're willing to put in the effort, I'm willing to put in the time. I'm not an adviser for any clubs so I can tutor you after school once it starts back up again if you really don't want to go back. You know though, you could always make some friends it's not like it's too late or anything."
Mihoko Ikina
Mihoko Ikina

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Grimm Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:27 am

"I-" Eric begins, them looks around uncomfortably, "I'm not great at... people." He mumbles.

He looks up into the teacher's eyes, "Besides... I have nowhere near enough money for the fees. And no special condition to get a bursary."

If only that bus had paralyzed me....

His lip hardens and he gets a look of determination, "If you're willing, I think I would like to take tuition from home. While I work. Wherever I manage to get a job..."
Eric Grimm
Eric Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Iro Shisen Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:26 am

Iro looks the boy up and down.

He's been through some sort of trauma. She thinks to herself. Best not to push him.

"I'm happy to tutor you, Eric. Although I can't help on the job front I'm afraid. Maybe in The Shanghai?"
Iro Shisen
Iro Shisen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:36 pm

"I'll help to tutor you too. As for a job,I think there was a restaurant in the city with a help wanted sign. What was it called? Kissa...kiss-ey something...I can't remember off the top of my head." Mihoko said

"So, it's a deal then. Shisen-Sensei and I will help tutor you, but you gotta put in the required effort. Deal?" she said to Eric as she put her hand out for a hand shake to "Seal the Deal." so to speak.
Mihoko Ikina
Mihoko Ikina

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Grimm Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:07 am

"Kitsuna Kissa?" Eric asks, startled. "The Maid Café? I htink I lack the... figure, for that." He says, frowning slightly.

He reaches out a hand and gives Mihoko a fairly weak handshake.

"Thank you, Mihoko....Sensei."
Eric Grimm
Eric Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:22 am

"OH! It's a maid cafe? oops sorry. I'd never been in there, so I had no idea." she said as she accepted Eric's handshake.
"Well it was nice meeting you both, but I should get going. Later." Mihoko added with a wave as she took off down the hall.
Mihoko Ikina
Mihoko Ikina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down