[Open] The Groot of It

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Open] The Groot of It

Post by Yuuji Takahashi on Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:09 am

"Do you not recognize this dagger?"
Tybalt toss it to their feet before putting his hands behind him
avatar
Yuuji Takahashi

Posts : 1764
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] The Groot of It

Post by Satoshi Veach on Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:20 pm

"The bluhty hell are you jammin' on about?"

"Tell us thah meanin' of this!"

I am clearly flustered.
avatar
Satoshi Veach

Posts : 2495
Reputation : 42
Join date : 2013-02-02
Location : Yamaku Dormitories

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] The Groot of It

Post by Tiberius Hawke on Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:46 pm

Hjork looks at the dagger at his feet and stoops to pick it up.

"Well, of course I remember it. It's mine. Given to me by Raiden... why do you have it?! I left it in my room."

Hang on a second...

Of course he's heading the investigation... This is the most important case in all of Faywyn and he's the chief of the Guardsmen, our law enforcers....

If he's interested in this dagger, then...


"RUN!" Hjork cries to Scott, and makes a break for the empty space behind them.
avatar
Tiberius Hawke

Posts : 1477
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2013-02-19
Age : 21
Location : Yamaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] The Groot of It

Post by Yuuji Takahashi on Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:11 am

"After them!!" Tybalt yells soon after the onslaught of guards run into he corridor
they will escape... That's the only reason that here were no guards behind them
Once the last of the royal guards passes Tybalt heads to the entrance of the city
avatar
Yuuji Takahashi

Posts : 1764
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] The Groot of It

Post by Satoshi Veach on Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:02 pm

"NO-SHIT!"

I quickly start to back up with my shield raised while Hjork runs.

Hjork turned tail and ran. Ahchers didn't fire upon him.

It's safe for me. For some reason, they want us alive when we have fuhll ahrmament and a means to escape.

Think about thaht la'er, Scott, you have to run in fuhll plate armuh.

I let my guard down and turn my back to the enemy.

I'm at least able to run faster than normal with my 'accomplice' carrying the pavise.

I pass through the doors. Slowly lagging behind a little more by little more with such low weight and such high strength for Hjork.

I gain a little ground each corner we turn but that's because Hjork has to hit the breaks before he turns with the amount of his momentum.

Up ahead, I can see the Schuntt guards. When they see us their swords draw.
avatar
Satoshi Veach

Posts : 2495
Reputation : 42
Join date : 2013-02-02
Location : Yamaku Dormitories

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] The Groot of It

Post by Tiberius Hawke on Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:50 am

Hjork grinds to a halt in front of the guardsmen that were with the crazy priest earlier.

He turns 180 degrees and charges towards Scott, dragging him along as he barrels through a door and slams it firmly behind him.

they find themselves in a spacious solar, adorned with all sorts of Vjalldik artefacts, axes, skulls of strange animals, thick wooly hides on the floor, a golden cup. Dominating the space next to the door is a huge bookcase filled with leather-bound tomes.

"Quick. Help me." Hjork grunts as he puts his shoulder to the side of the bookcase and begins pushing it in front of the door.
avatar
Tiberius Hawke

Posts : 1477
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2013-02-19
Age : 21
Location : Yamaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] The Groot of It

Post by Satoshi Veach on Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:44 am

He doesn't need to tell me. I am already against the door when he attempts to shut it.

I put my hammer's handle into the lock and continue to push.

It's high-quality steel so it'll hold better than the usual wooden-handled weapons and thin swords but it will still break if too much pressure is applied and I don't want to leave my only usable weapon behind.

Even if it's something more fragile than my hammer, it will do with helping us get away.

Through clentched teeth, I speak to Hjork beside me on the door.

"Quick! Fohind something to lock the dohr with! Maybe sohme tuhype of barricade!"
avatar
Satoshi Veach

Posts : 2495
Reputation : 42
Join date : 2013-02-02
Location : Yamaku Dormitories

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] The Groot of It

Post by Tiberius Hawke on Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:02 am

[I'm pushing the bookcase in front of the door as we speak....]
avatar
Tiberius Hawke

Posts : 1477
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2013-02-19
Age : 21
Location : Yamaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] The Groot of It

Post by Satoshi Veach on Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:05 pm

[Well, tits...
Remind me to not me stupid sometimes. X"D]

While the bookcase starts to cover the door, I remove the hammer and go grab some of the more sturdy-looking hides.

I hand them over to Hjork.

My voice not quite at a yell but very stressed and quick.

"They ohpen the door and they could knock ohveh' the bookshelf easily ahfter a fyehw truhies."

"Get those in to two strips thin enough t' tuhie but thick ehnough to hold."

"Use one of your ahxes."

I take the crossbow sling off and set the front end down before planting my foot in the stirrup and pulling up on the string.

My hands hurredly, but smoothly, pull a bolt from it's quiver and place it in the barrel of the bow.

With steady aim, all it takes is a tiny, little touch of the tickler and the projectile seems to disappear and reappear on the wall by the top right corner of the case.

It's stuck very deep in the wood. Nobody is getting that out easily.

Hahlf way done.

I speak while I move to the left with my bow and draw out a second bolt.

"I need thohse strips, Hjork, ahlmohst done there?"
avatar
Satoshi Veach

Posts : 2495
Reputation : 42
Join date : 2013-02-02
Location : Yamaku Dormitories

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] The Groot of It

Post by Tiberius Hawke on Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:52 am

Hjork simply grabs the strips by the corners and tears, using his ungodly strength to rip them in two.

"Got them right here." He says, throwing them to Scott's feet.

He sets about scrabbling at the opposite wall, touching every stone possible. A few seconds into his mad ritual he lets out a cry of triumph when a loud *CLICK* is heard. He grunts yet again and forces his shoulder against the wall, and with a jarring grating sound the wall slowly begins to turn on a hidden axle.

"King Raiden the First was a very paranoid man." He says slyly, "Finish securing that bookcase and we can go - we'll be long gone by the time they get through and then find our escape route, only the royal family knows about these tunnels. I didn't even know one was in here - just blind luck I suppose."

He grabs a leather backpack from underneath the four poster bed and starts filling it with various supplies - extra clothing, the few morsels of food he had lying about the place. From a chest in the corner, he draws out a two-handed Greatsword sheathed in an ornate golden scabbard. Along the pommel Vjalldik runes are inscribed.
avatar
Tiberius Hawke

Posts : 1477
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2013-02-19
Age : 21
Location : Yamaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] The Groot of It

Post by Satoshi Veach on Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:07 am

*RRRIP!*

I glance back to see Hjork rip the hide in half.

...Thaht works even better!

When I hear the click, I am just finishing the knot on the first side. Tying to the ornate, sticking-out corner of the bookcase.

I turn around while I prep the other strip.

"Thah blutty Hell-I knew cahstles could have secret pahssageways but I did noht expect something this elaborate!"

*THUD!*

They're at the doorway already.

I just shake my head and, with a double take towards the passageway, I continue with the other knot. Having it finished in little time.

When I rush back I pause by my new companion and find his very expencive-looking sword.

"...Is thaht a fuckehn light-sword they gave yehw?!"

My crossbow slings around my shoulder.

"I take it, you wont be using the pavise now?"
avatar
Satoshi Veach

Posts : 2495
Reputation : 42
Join date : 2013-02-02
Location : Yamaku Dormitories

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] The Groot of It

Post by Tiberius Hawke on Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:05 am

While slinging the greatsword over his shoulder and attaching the scabbard to his war harness to nestle across the twin axes, allowing all three weapons to be drawn easily.

He picks up the shield, and glances at it, "No. A shield is not my style." He places the shield on the floor and beckons towards Scott, "Hurry! We are losing precious time. This tunnel will lead out into the foothills beyond the city walls."

He turns on his heel and begins jogging down the stairs leading into the gloom. Behind them the wall grates back into position, leaving no trace of their visit.
avatar
Tiberius Hawke

Posts : 1477
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2013-02-19
Age : 21
Location : Yamaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] The Groot of It

Post by Satoshi Veach on Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:39 am

I put my shield back and sheath my weapon behind it before picking up the pavise and sling it around my arms to rest against my back.

With the door closed, leaving us inside a confined area, the clanking of my armor becomes much more of a dominant sound.

The mixture of chain mail and the plates impacting each other seems to sing every step I take.

"Where does this tunnel lead?"

"I'd like t' stuhp by my quwahrters for supplies."
avatar
Satoshi Veach

Posts : 2495
Reputation : 42
Join date : 2013-02-02
Location : Yamaku Dormitories

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] The Groot of It

Post by Tiberius Hawke on Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:07 am

"The only exits are to castle." Hjork says from further on in the gloom.

As they trudge on through the damp tunnel, a loud *BOOM* echoes through the tunnel.

"Here we go." Hjork says, and starts jogging.

*BOOM*

"We'd best get running, Paladin."

*BOOM*

With a shout, Hjork begins loping down the hallway, hindered by the heavy weapons on his back.

*BOOM*

If we get out alive I'm gonna need a drink...
avatar
Tiberius Hawke

Posts : 1477
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2013-02-19
Age : 21
Location : Yamaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] The Groot of It

Post by Satoshi Veach on Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:49 am

"Ahw LORD."

"I 'ave a horse bred by my prehvious ohrdeh to be strong and a valiant, fearless steed but I sehyiously doubt thaht even the king's horse could get through stohne wuhlls!"-

-*THOOM*...

Dust and pebbles trickle from the ceiling.

My voice is cut off by a thundering sound.

'Here we go.'
"WHAT IN THE BLOODY BLAZES IS THAT?!"

Tiber's and my own voice collide with each other.

Thunder crashes once more.

'We'd best get running, paladin.'

"What the Hell is making thaht noise?"

I follow close behind.

Thaht sword rehlly seemed to make a difference.

Would make sense with uhll thaht gold on the sheath. Nuht very practical. 
avatar
Satoshi Veach

Posts : 2495
Reputation : 42
Join date : 2013-02-02
Location : Yamaku Dormitories

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] The Groot of It

Post by Tiberius Hawke on Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:49 am

"They're breaking down the wall, Scott." Hjork calls over his shoulder.

He begins to pick up speed as he gets used to the awkward shape of the weapons.

*BOOM*

The crashing of stone falling down the stairs behind them echoes through the dank hallway, eventually giving way to the shouts of soldiers.

"We are not far now, hurry!" Hjork pants, gaining yet more speed as he spots a growing speck of light in the distance.
avatar
Tiberius Hawke

Posts : 1477
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2013-02-19
Age : 21
Location : Yamaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] The Groot of It

Post by Satoshi Veach on Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:19 am

"I thought nohbutty knehw about these pahssegways!"

I'm starting to get out of breath.

Dahmn all this weight on meh...

[Guess what? The boom reminded me that cannons are developed around the time this takes place. With the help of magic...maybe some time through the story of the adventure of Hjork and Scott. Wink]
avatar
Satoshi Veach

Posts : 2495
Reputation : 42
Join date : 2013-02-02
Location : Yamaku Dormitories

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] The Groot of It

Post by Tiberius Hawke on Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:08 am

"Well, if you find empty room in old castle built by paranoid king you start to break down walls!" He yells, sprinting further on towards the light as arrows fly past their ears.

Their long trek through the tunnel was finally at an end - after hours of fleeing from the city the pair had finally made it to the end of the tunnel. Still being pursued by the guards, they break out into the bright sunlight in a verdant forest.

"This way!" Yells Hjork, and charges off into the deep forest. As they run, they have to leap over a broken, seemingly abandoned, carriage.
avatar
Tiberius Hawke

Posts : 1477
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2013-02-19
Age : 21
Location : Yamaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] The Groot of It

Post by Satoshi Veach on Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:43 pm

'This way!'

"Ruhight b'hind y'!"

Uhll thaht endeewrence training has nuht any druhppings on this!

[Hurray for ye-old Broglish of 'ain't got shit on this!']

I do my best to mask my armor's noise as much as I can with softer movements since we are no longer in sight.

With heavy breathing and lighter feet then normal, I follow close behind Hjork.

[We going to the girls' thread now?]
avatar
Satoshi Veach

Posts : 2495
Reputation : 42
Join date : 2013-02-02
Location : Yamaku Dormitories

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] The Groot of It

Post by Tiberius Hawke on Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:53 pm

[Yep]
avatar
Tiberius Hawke

Posts : 1477
Reputation : 49
Join date : 2013-02-19
Age : 21
Location : Yamaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] The Groot of It

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum