KS: The New Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Open] Gold, Glory, and Grand Adventure.

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[Open] Gold, Glory, and Grand Adventure. Empty [Open] Gold, Glory, and Grand Adventure.

Post by Chiharu Kinai Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:07 am

It has been several hours since the visitor had left, Hana tried to forget her, tried to move on with what she was doing.

But she couldn't...

She couldn't get the idea out of her head that this woman would end up dead on the side of the road, robbed by outlaws, or worse...

Eventually, she drove herself to choose a side to her warring feelings, and that side was the one that drove her out of her rut and on to the road to go with this woman. She packed light, taking some food, a few useful tools and vials as well as her book and a crude hemp bracelet.

Before long, she was riding her horse towards the capital when she caught up with magda.
"Need a lift?"
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

[Open] Gold, Glory, and Grand Adventure. Empty Re: [Open] Gold, Glory, and Grand Adventure.

Post by Iro Shisen Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:12 am

Magda pulls down the hood of her robe, and smiles at Hana.

"Finally! I was thinking of turning back."

She climbs onto the back of the horse, leaving her staff dangling free in one hand.

"What changed your mind? Did my nuggets of wisdom play on your mind? Did you realise you were missing out on the adventure of a lifetime?"
Iro Shisen
Iro Shisen

Back to top Go down

[Open] Gold, Glory, and Grand Adventure. Empty Re: [Open] Gold, Glory, and Grand Adventure.

Post by Chiharu Kinai Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:20 am

<You remind me of someone I used to know>
"I'm in it for the money."
She says in a soft and flat tone
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Iro Shisen Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:20 pm

A shurg and a cheery "Makes sense." is the only reply needed.

Magda stays quiet for about half an hour as they plod along through the forest outside the capital, when all of a sudden she pipes up: "Did you hear about the monsters in this forest?"
Iro Shisen
Iro Shisen

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:08 pm

"Can't say that I have, but chances are they're just stories. Probably best we not pay them much heed... That's not to say these woods don't have dangers, it's just more likely to be a man down on his luck than some creature of grimm."
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Iro Shisen Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:03 am

[Was that grimm as in the name or just grim creatures? Don't think the general public know who he is.]

"I heard stories of a mighty fire-breathing rhinoceros. Slain by Prince Tiber Hjork." She says, with an oddly gleeful smile, "Killed twelve soldiers before our Vjalldik hero could slay it."

She brings out a long wooden pipe, with a large bowl and sprinkles a strange purple leaf into it. "Speaking of Vjalds... this is the Kurshu leaf from Vjalldaskar, care to try some?" She asks while lighting it seemingly with a click of the fingers and taking a long drag.
Iro Shisen
Iro Shisen

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:16 am

[It was a refference to fables told with soulless creatures from an underworld known as grimm. AKA: BS justification for blatant allusion]
"I'd rather keep a clear head. Probably is the cause for your belief in such stories in the first place."
<Not to mention this 'quest' of ours>
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Iro Shisen Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:22 am

[Gotcha. Was just making sure, thought it would be something like that. I've never heard of them though; what stories are these? Razz]

"Suit yourself. Although these stories are no artistic works of falsehood. Many a strange thing has been seen all across Faywyn."

She clicks again and takes another drag, and unknown to Hana, who cannot see behind her, Magda's eyes turn bright green and widen as far as they go.

"We must be faster." She says in a husky voice, "The prince and the paladin are drawing close to our rendezvous point."
Iro Shisen
Iro Shisen

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:03 am

"Look, I do not know how many of your years have been spent with a horse, but usually when the trail ahead of you is long, 'tis best to let the horse set the pace he's comfortable with. No point in rushing ahead just to stop and rest every mile. Now, no matter how fast we go, we won't be to the capital by night fall or the next."
She leans forward and pats frost's neck.
<It's not like you'd listen to me anyways, you stubborn ass> [She's thinking(mental talking?) to the horse, not you]
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Iro Shisen Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:24 am

Magda blinks, and her eyes turn back to their normal shade.

"Do your best. We need to hurry." She says with a frown.

After a few hours of silence, Magda pipes up "So, Hana. How does a young girl come to be living in the middle of the forest?"
Iro Shisen
Iro Shisen

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:00 am

<People have a tendency to think I'm a witch when I hear and see things supposed to be kept secret.>
Hana replies with a slight delay and in a deadpan tone.
"I built a house there..."
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Iro Shisen Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:29 pm

"No parents?" Magda asks innocently.
Iro Shisen
Iro Shisen

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:40 pm

Frost feels the tension in Hana's hold and begins speeding up slightly.
"I've been living on my own for a while now. Do I look like that much of a child to you?"
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Iro Shisen Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:55 am

"It's quite obvious that you are barely out of childhood, Hana." Magda says gently, "But that doesn't mean you are no less capable."

"I was just merely trying to get to know my company better. If there is such a secret then you can keep it to yourself..." Magda trails off into brooding silence.

"Unless you would like to trade truths. You know little of me either."
Iro Shisen
Iro Shisen

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:18 am

Hana takes a deep breath and shrugs as she begins to relax.
"I suppose I can agree to that... I left home, like most people as they reach adulthood, about 3 years ago. My Pa is a carpenter, and my mother.. Well, I never got the chance to meet her."
She then turns her head sideways to glance back.
"So, what makes you special? Why are You destined to be on this quest?"
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Iro Shisen Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:01 am

Magda repositions herself on the horse, and begins speaking.

"I like to see things as they happen... I witnessed several key moments of the peasant uprising a few years ago, I was watching the battle for the Vjalldaskarian capital, the coronation of King Raiden, the defeat of a great shade, the death of the last dragon... But I'm getting bored of seeing them from the comfort of my own home." She says slyly, "I'm what one would call a fortune teller, some even stoop to call me a witch but I don't meddle with such base mediums as witchcraft, my area is MUCH more refined and technical... A few days ago a vision came o'er me..."

Above their heads an owl hoots, "I saw a shadow enter the royal castle, but not a normal shadow... there was nothing casting it." Her voice is almost a whisper now, "Raiden was assassinated, and I believe there are sinister forces at work... That vision came to me for a reason, I think, and that reason is to stop this shadow from causing more harm."

She stops talking and waits for some kind of response from Hana.
Iro Shisen
Iro Shisen

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:58 pm

<Great... Just great. My chances of being burnt alive have just gotten a whole lot more plentiful...>
Hana takes a deep breath before asking in a soft tone, "So, who gives you these visions?"
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Iro Shisen Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:14 am

"Ah ah ah! I answered your question. Now it's my turn."

She ponders for a few seconds, thinking up a suitable question.

"What do you do with yourself during the day?"
Iro Shisen
Iro Shisen

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:31 am

"I hunt and gather for myself, as well as study the fundamentals of nature, logging any discoveries in a journal."

It was this moment that a man approached them on the road. He's wearing a grey worn cloak covering a large brown tunic. He puts one hand up in a pleading gesture.

'Skoozy mwah, maidamme.'

Hana pulls up on the reins and frost slows to a stop but he continues to lift his feet up and down, shifting his weight in place. Hana's off hand shifts to the dagger strapped to her side.
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Iro Shisen Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:12 am

"Bon soir, monsieur." Magda replies in a perfect Shall'zhan accent, "Il y a une problemme? C'est un nuit froid"

[For those of you that don't speak french - "Good evening, sir. Is there a problem? It's a cold night."]
Iro Shisen
Iro Shisen

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:31 pm

[I didn't think you knew french. Learn something new everyday]

The man points down a side road behind himself and says, "Mon chariot est coincée. J'ai besoin d'aide en libérant il."
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Iro Shisen Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:19 pm

"He needs help with his wagon." Magda explains to Hana, and begins dismounting the horse.

"Oú est-il?"
Iro Shisen
Iro Shisen

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:14 am

In a hushed tone, Hana says to magda, "Get back on the horse."
She begins to raise her voice, "Magda."

The man takes another step forward as he begins saying, "Je vais vou-", before his words turn to bloodsoaked gasps for air as his throat now holds an arrow.

"Get on the horse now!"

Soon more arrows sear through the air from behind where the man used to be standing.
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Iro Shisen Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:04 am

"Oh." Magda says, sounding surprised, and takes a few steps backwards. "An arrow." She says dreamily, and turns to mount the horse.

Once on the horse she looks to her side to see a large group of what look like the royal guards tearing through the forest, shooting their bows and arrows after a large man with little clothes on, and an armored warrior with a shield. "Is it me or does he look like he's overcompensating for something?" She murmurs to Hana.
Iro Shisen
Iro Shisen

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:28 am

[Well, this is an unexpected turn of events, however convenient it may be... Atleast for me...]

Hana disregards Magda's words as well as the fugitives barreling towards them as she rides forward, whether it was her choice or the horses fear that drove them forward, is entirely unknown.
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next