[Open] A day at the movies

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Open] A day at the movies

Post by Kuriko Hatsuhara on Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:40 am

Kuriko stands outside the movie theatre, looking at all of the huge movie posters in front of her. Horrors, action, drama, romance... the array was quite impressive.

Kuriko wanted to clear her head a bit during the holidays so decided to travel to the city. Wandering around the city for a while, she let her feet take her for an adventure.

Her first stop had been at the antiques shop, where she marvelled at all of the junk sold at extortionate prices. One thing that had caught her eye, a beautiful old acoustic guitar, had far exceeded her price range but she was determined to buy it some day.

Back in the present, Kuriko still stands in front of the posters, deep in thought.

Maybe I should get a job....
Kuriko Hatsuhara

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] A day at the movies

Post by Sumiko Nakagawa on Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:18 am

Wandering the city is slight awe, It was Sumiko's second time in the city so she decided to take a look around and get familiar. Passing by the cinema she say someone familiar, well that's what she thought at first. A blond haired girl near the posters. Sumiko just shrugged, took her chance and approached the girl.
"E-excuse me..."
Sumiko Nakagawa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuriko Hatsuhara on Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:21 am

Kuriko snaps back to reality, and gives her head a quick shake and a few blinks.

"Oh... h-hello." She says, rather timidly.

She wasn't quite used to people talking to her out of the blue seeing as she wasn't one to really go out in public a lot.
Kuriko Hatsuhara

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sumiko Nakagawa on Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:24 am

Sumiko looked at Kuriko's face for a few moments trying to remember her name but to no avail
"I'm sorry to bother you but y-you wouldn't happen to go to Yamaku?"
Sumiko gulped hoping she did not get the wrong person.
Sumiko Nakagawa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuriko Hatsuhara on Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:28 am

Kuriko giggles, "Oh, phew! you aren't a complete stranger."

She gives a small bow and introduces herself, "Kuriko Hatsuhara, senior. I do indeed attend Yamaku - did the eyes give it away?" She says, pointing to her cybernetic eyes that glow bright blue in the darkening dusk.
Kuriko Hatsuhara

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sumiko Nakagawa on Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:33 am

Sumiko bows as well
"Nakagawa, Sumiko" as Kuriko points at her eyes SUmiko gets a bit closer inspecting them
"I could not really tell at first with your back facing me at first."
She smiled
Sumiko Nakagawa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuriko Hatsuhara on Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:41 am

Kuriko shrugs.

"Glad to meet a fellow attendee. You graduating this year?" She asks, genuinely curious.

I haven't even thought about graduation... it's incredibly nerve-wracking.

Last edited by Kuriko Hatsuhara on Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Kuriko Hatsuhara

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sumiko Nakagawa on Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:45 am

"Y-Yes. I forgot to add I'm also a senior." she giggled at herself before sighing quietly
"What are you doing around here Hatsuhara-san? Other than looking at the posters."
Sumiko Nakagawa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuriko Hatsuhara on Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:47 am

"I thought I'd treat myself to a movie." She says wistfully, again glancing at the posters. "What about you?" She says with a bright smile.
Kuriko Hatsuhara

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sumiko Nakagawa on Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:52 am

"Just wandering the city. Seeing what I can find."
Sumiko turns to the posters looking at each one
"what do you plan on watching?"
Sumiko Nakagawa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuriko Hatsuhara on Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:12 pm

"I... don't." She says with a shrug. "Do you wanna join me?"
Kuriko Hatsuhara

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach on Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:53 am

[I don't know why I love doing this.]

The better looking movies-perhaps Kuriko and Sumikoe may have heard about from the tv ads-are in a list of what's playing.

Imprisonment
What people know from the trailer: A horror film about 7 young adults (21-24 years of age) that take a road trip up to Norther Japan to an abandoned and, supposedly, haunted maximum security prison they heard about from someone and looked up on the internet. Though nobody has entered since it was decomitioned, people who have camped outside the fence have heard strange noises and have seen shadows inside the buildings. As if someone has been watching them...

Outcome of the movie: The protagonists enter the building for a little adventure but find they are about to get more than they bargained for. The exits are locked when they become too frightened. As people slowly start to die from the group at the hands of various traps set up, they find more and more evidence that the place is not actually haunted by ghosts but a single man. With two protagonists dead, there are few more traps. The man tries an all-out attack but fails and, instead, waits for a victim to seperate from the others to kill. With four left, they find tunnels underground that seem to extend even beyond the prison. This is when they find the man's hideout and reveal the secret that the man is actually an escaped, solitary confinement prisoner that came back to his place of original captivity. They also find a way out on some type of map. On their way out, they are chased. Two are killed, the other two-main character and her love intrest kill the antagonist and make it out.

Blood Betrayal
Trailer knowledge: An action flick. One of those you would expect people who love the gore in videogames to wank it to. Our protagonist works for a cartel runing illegal narcotics and arms across the Mexican boarder into America but gets betrayed and sold out by his own brother-another member of the same cartel. Explosions. More explosions. "I swear...I'll find him." Explosions. "AAAH~~~!" More explosions. No reloading. Awesome if you're the type to like movies like the Resident Evil series.

Outcome:...Come on-you know what happens-the protagonist gets revenge and picks up some random bitch along the way while blowing up people's faces in ways you never thought of.

But this is a movie girls are seeing, lets get to those they might want to watch.

Grey
Trailer knowledge: A drama meant to explore sanity and takes the theory that seeing is believing on a wild ride. Not all is as it seems in our protagonist's mind. Some of it is normal but scary or happy while some of it is untrue and scary or happy. The problem is, the protagonist (and you) doesn't know which is fact or fiction. Nothing is black or white. Nothing is true or untrue. All is grey. Can the protagonist find out what is happening? Can you? Will he cope with what is happening or will he crack under the pressure?

Outcome: Our protagonist has a family life that you could call difficult. In short, he is devorced and his family doesn't like him. All he has are few friends and a career in an office.
The protagonist goes through life and slowly starts witnissing strange sights. People who he is told aren't there. Events that never happened. Shifts in time. It finally becomes apparent to him that he must be going insane.
While attempting to go through daily life he faces the difficulty of living with the unreal and eventually not knowing what is real and what isn't. He tries to get help but can't. Eventually not even being able to keep track of days and events. Eventually waking in a hospital, cured of his wretched dream. There is one problem, though. He is much older.
In his, now seemingly-clear, life our protagonist reconnects with his family and hears for the first time of his ex-wife's passing. Life is good but haunted by the past.

My Love In Tokyo
Trailer knowledge: Romantic comedy. Girl is getting old but can't find guy. It surprisingly doesn't look like a chick-flick

Outcome: Girl gets guy while hijinks ensues. It's a chick-flick.

That last one is every romantic comedy ever.
Satoshi Veach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sumiko Nakagawa on Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:44 am

[Sumikoe... dat name change]
"Sure"
looking at the posters again, Sumiko points at the poster for Grey
"Why not this one? or did you have something else in mind?"
Sumiko Nakagawa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuriko Hatsuhara on Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:41 am

These all look terrible....

"Sure thing. Let's see what the latest portrayal of insanity is like..."

Kuriko grins, and walks inside the movie theatre.

Once inside, Kuriko can be found at the concession stand, after buying a large drink, popcorn and candy floss. Because, you know, it's pink and cute.
Kuriko Hatsuhara

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sumiko Nakagawa on Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:53 am

Following not to far behind, Sumiko ,at the concession, gets a couple of bags of candy before looking at Kuriko
"You're going to finish all of that?"
Sumiko Nakagawa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuriko Hatsuhara on Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:07 am

"I may be little but I have a huge appetite!" Kuriko says, then asks the clerk for two tickets to see "Grey", and swiftly pays for them before Sumiko can say anything.
Kuriko Hatsuhara

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sumiko Nakagawa on Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:14 am

"Hatsuhara... you didn't have to pay for me you know?"
even though I had hardly any money for the ticket. I would have payed her back......
Sumiko opens one bag with her teeth, put it in her sweater pocket, and begins eating.
Sumiko Nakagawa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuriko Hatsuhara on Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:53 pm

"You can get the next one" She says with a smile, knowing full well that she would pay for the next one too.

She hands over their tickets to the attendant and leads Sumiko into the dark theatre. On the giant screen advertisements are rolling, currently one advertising some big electronics company's latest project.

"Where do you want to sit?" Kuriko whispers.
Kuriko Hatsuhara

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sumiko Nakagawa on Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:30 pm

As always the best seats are taken. Sumiko looks to the back and points
"Top center is avalible." She whispers back
Sumiko Nakagawa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuriko Hatsuhara on Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:46 am

"To the top centre!" Kuriko whispers, and heads off to the top of the theatre.

Once there she finds two seats and sits in one.
Kuriko Hatsuhara

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sumiko Nakagawa on Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:01 am

SUmiko takes her seat next to Kuriko and holds out the bag of candy
"Want some before the movie starts?"
Sumiko Nakagawa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content