[Open] Dawn Swim

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Open] Dawn Swim

Post by Kuriko Hatsuhara on Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:05 am

""Melting the ice cream seems pretty cruel." Kuriko says, and walks through the pool towards Chiharu, pulling herself onto the side next to her.

"I'd like to try a different flavor though." She says with a grimace, and hides the side of her face with her hair.

"Greedy, huh?" She mumbles.
Kuriko Hatsuhara

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:17 am

"Nah, I think a greedy person would want 2 different bowls of Ice cream for herself. I think as long as you put the other Ice cream away first, no one can legitimately call you a bad person."
Chiharu, for the first time in the conversation, draws her attention away from the task she came here for and looked at Kuriko with a slight smile.
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuriko Hatsuhara on Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:40 am

Kuriko tucks her hair in behind her ear and it can be easily seen that she has a slight smile.

She lifts her bright blue cybernetic eyes to meet Chiharu's, and nods slowly. "I guess."

She kicks her legs slowly in the water, "Do you like ice cream?"
Kuriko Hatsuhara

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:06 am

<Are we sticking with the metaphor still? Well... I believe the answer would be the same either way. That is if we were talking about what I thought we were talking about>
"Yes, I do. I'm quite fond of Amaretto ice cream with a cherry on top."
<Damn, this is making me hungry...>
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuriko Hatsuhara on Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:44 am

"Amaretto with ice cream on top?" She says, a look of confusion passing across her face.

Is this... is this a metaphor for somebody with ginger hair? My head hurts...

Deciding to stick with the theme, she smiles and says "I can't decide if I want fudge or chocolate topping on my vanilla ice cream."
Kuriko Hatsuhara

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:41 pm

She looks over in slight confusion, "Isn't fudge a type of chocolate?"
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuriko Hatsuhara on Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:45 pm

Kuriko looks up with a frown, "Is it? I know fudge has chocolate IN it..."
Kuriko Hatsuhara

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:05 pm

"All chocolate is a mixture of choco and other compounds such as milk and sugar. what makes fudge unique is it also has butter in it and is usually thicker than other chocolates. But if we're going with the idea that if the majority of a mixture is chocolate, it is a type of chocolate, then yes fudge is a chocolate."
A moment after her explanation, chiharu cracks a smile.
"Heh, buut something tells me the technicalities of chocolate aren't really relevant to what you were trying to say, are they?"
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuriko Hatsuhara on Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:22 pm

Kuriko shakes her head slowly and laughs, "Not really, no!"

she brings her legs out of the water and wraps her arms around them, clutching them to her chest.

Kuriko Hatsuhara

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:44 pm

<Okay, distraction time seems like a good idea now.>
Chiharu leans forward, looking back at Kuriko with her head almost entirely sideways, causing a portion of her hair to drape across her face and on to her nose as she says, "Hey, wanna do me a favor?"
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuriko Hatsuhara on Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:16 pm

Kuriko lifts her head up at looks at Chiharu, "I gu~ess." She says, sounding a little worried. "What is it?"
Kuriko Hatsuhara

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:33 pm

Chiharu takes a deep breath while pressing her lips together before saying, "I, don't know how to swim.."
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuriko Hatsuhara on Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:46 pm

"You... you don't know how to swim?" Kuriko asks, sounding a little confused.

People who don't know how to swim after the tsunamis of 2015-18? Wow...
Kuriko Hatsuhara

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:01 am

Chiharu is unphased by Kuriko's surprise.
"No, I don't. So, I thought maybe you could teach me a bit?"
She looks out over the water as she continues in a slightly more distant tone.
"I mean, I understand the theory behind it, but I thought it would be a good idea to have some one around in case I get in over my head."
<Litterally in this case>
Rather than look back, she simply blinks slowly while tilting her head for a second and continuing with a seemingly indifferent tone.
"If you want to, that is."
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuriko Hatsuhara on Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:46 pm

"Theory is... key." She says, taken aback by the sudden revelation. "Why don't you head towards the shallow end and I'll show you a few techniques?" She says brightly, glad to push her conundrum out of her head.
Kuriko Hatsuhara

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:47 pm

After standing up, chiharu walked over to the east end of the pool, towards the windows letting in gentle blue rays of dawns light. Being satisfied the danger of harm from drowning is minuscule with a depth she estimated to be at about a meter and a half, she took a deep breath and hopped in. The shock of the water engulfing her body in fluid sensation as it flowed around her while pulling away any heat surrounding her skin definitely caught her off guard.

She tries not to make a big deal about it, unsuccessfully of course.
"Hoh! Ah, fuck that's cold!"
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuriko Hatsuhara on Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:22 pm

Kuriko giggles at the girl's sudden outburst, "Suck it up!" She calls across the pristine surface of the water, disturbed only by the ripples caused by Chiharu's squirming, "By the time I'm done with you you'll be used to it."

Confidently the girls slips into the water and uses surprisingly powerful stokes to reach her student in no time, allowing the refreshing liquid to wash any lasting cobwebs of sleep from her consciousness. While she swims she makes sure she closes her eyelids to protect her cybernetics.

Unfortunately Kuriko isn't exactly the tallest of specimens at Yamaku, and such still has to tread water in the shallow end.

Deciding to improvise with her teaching methods, Kuriko says brightly, "Right, how about you show me how you would get from one end of the pool to the other, huh?" She gestures horizontally across the pool to avoid sending Chiharu to the murky depths of the deep end to avoid beginning her career as a swimming coach with a death.
Kuriko Hatsuhara

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:29 pm

Chiharu had already managed to waddle her way to the side she was closest to and took a few seconds holding on to the wall of the pool before making her first attempt. She starts off strong by pushing her feet against the wall, propelling herself forward. However, as she continued, she was steadily decelerating despite her greatest efforts to perform a forward stroke, which ended up being a hybrid between a doggy paddle and a side stroke.

Upon finally arriving on the other end of the pool, she grabbed hold of the side, coughed out a small amount of water, and said hastily, "How'd I do?"
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuriko Hatsuhara on Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:54 pm

"Not bad, not bad." Kuriko says, pulling herself out of the water to sit on the side. Excess water beings to pool around her as she begins speaking, "Although you need a more regular stroke pattern."

She sits up straight and motions for Chiharu to join her on the side of the pool, patting the space next to her a couple of times.

"C'mere and I'll show you."
Kuriko Hatsuhara

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:12 am

Glad to have a respite on solid ground, Chiharu took her place next to Kuriko and was obviously paying a great deal of attention to her.
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuriko Hatsuhara on Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:10 pm

"You're form is, er..." She trails off, thinking for a nice way to put it. "Unique."

"You need to straighten out your back more, and keep your shoulders parallel to the water."

She thinks back and realises she should probably break it down into manageable chunks of information.

"We'll work on your kicking first." She says, then flips around and slides into the water, facing Chiharu. "C'mon down." She says, smiling.
Kuriko Hatsuhara

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top