(Open) Curiosity

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: (Open) Curiosity

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:37 am

"I see" she says in a slightly more somber tone.

After a short moment of silence, she continues with, "Y'know, I was homeschooled as well before coming here."
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maki Ito on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:41 am

"Oh, yeah?" Maki asked, glad to be changing the conversation topic back to one that would give her more useful information. "Why did you transfer here?"
Maki Ito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:49 am

<I'm surprised she would ask that, considering what her answer would be if asked the same thing>
"Well, you can't learn everything out of a book now can you? Some things you have to get out and do it to really understand."
She seems fairly relieved that she was able to keep Maki from being too uncomfortable with the conversation.
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maki Ito on Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:03 am

"Hmm, yeah, I guess so!" Maki agreed. Well, if anything, the ability to go to school pretty much granted the girl her only chance to have a somewhat normal life that didn't involve being cut open and/or put in a room with murderous monsters, so she certainly didn't complain about the deal she got, even if school had ultimately proven to be incredibly boring to her. She looked around, noting that the two of them were already on the second floor of the boys' dorm. "So, where is your boyfriend's room, exactly?" Maki asked curiously, eager to meet him.
Maki Ito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:10 am

"Riight, Aboout..."
She walks two more doors down the line and stops.
"Here!"
She then pauses for a second and looks down at the animal in her hands. After which she motions towards the door with her head and asks, "Would you mind knocking?"
In preparation for the coming percussions, Chiharu took a breath and gently closed her eyes.
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maki Ito on Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:13 am

Without responding, Maki took a step forward and knocked a few times on the door. Admittedly, she had completely forgotten about the injured squirrel, despite the fact that it was the very reason for their visit to the male dorm. Its existence just wasn't deemed important enough to remain in her mind for long.

((So now we're waiting for Izumi, I guess?))
Maki Ito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:15 am

[I PMed him, but yeah pretty much]
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba on Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:42 am

A knock could be heard as Izumi turned toward the door. It was rare for anyone to come by even for a moment. He pondered whether or not to respond to the door for a brief moment before getting on with it. He was about done with his current study session and had little reason to disregard it. He meandered on over to the door and opened it a quarter of the way. It was enough to be relatively aware of those who would make themselves known and to be available. A moment's glance showed that there were two visitors. His girlfriend, Chiharu who was holding a squirrel for whatever reason and a girl of whom he knew none of. She was of darker complexion and appeared as if she came straight out of "They Live". Her eyes reminded him of his father, as they both had a reptilian quality to them. Whilst this girl had more orbital shape than a strange iris. That ended the comparison as Izumi then spoke to acknowledge the two, his eyes focused on the better known of the two.

"Good afternoon Chiharu, I appreciate being able to see you once more. May I ask why you're holding a squirrel?"

His eyebrow raised for a moment as he opens the door a little further to appear more approachable.
Izumi Inaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:52 am

"It's hurt, and I thought you'd know what to do."
Now that she's actually here, it seems much more unreasonable that he'd have any idea more than she would but it's too late now and she holds the animal out towards him.
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba on Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:24 am

Izumi gently takes the squirrel in his palms and inspected it as it attempted to move. The squirrel had a hard time getting its hind legs moving. "Squirrels heal very quickly and I am rather sure there are few of its common predators around here to threaten its livelihood. However, I can understand why you brought it to me, it's not easy for it to gather food at all right now...." He pauses for a moment to decide if he should introduce himself to the newcomer or go about his business. He utimately goes with both as he faced away from Chiharu toward the girl with a faint smile.. "I surmise you are the one who first spotted this, forgive me, I am Inaba, Izumi Inaba, I am sure I can take care of this with a little monitoring."
Izumi Inaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maki Ito on Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:30 am

Maki kept quiet for most of the conversation, using the opportunity to study the boy who had gotten out of the room. He seemed... pretty frail, both physically and mentally. His body looked quite small and skinny, and probably wasn't very fit under his clothes. Despite being a foot shorter than him, Maki was absolutely sure she could take him down easily enough, if it ever came down to that - non-lethally, of course. When the boy turned to her, the girl put on her cutest smile and bowed politely. "Yep, that's right! I'm Maki Ito, from class 1-3! Chiharu was just telling me about you on the way here! I gotta say, it's a real pleasure to meet you, Izumi!"
Maki Ito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba on Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:45 am

"Well met, I can tell that she has. I'll spare you the small talk for now and get right to this critter here. I have a spare trapper in which I can keep this squirrel contained as it heals. Reason for that being it won't be able to move well enough to sustain itself. I'll need to collect some food for it before going about this. It won't be much of a bother for you two to accompany me wouldn't it?" Izumi returned his focus to the squirrel to check if the bone had found itself displaced. This would be used to give an estimate of recovery. He wasn't trying to be rude, he just found himself more preoccupied with the task given him. If they walked with him. there would be more of an opening for conversation. Taking care of animals was more of a solitary act to him as he had to usually oversee the animal's progress for extended durations.
Izumi Inaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:58 am

Chiharu lets out a comfortable smile and says with a slight bit of excitement, "That sounds great."
She then addresses Maki.
"Do you think you have time?"
<While I wouldn't mind an excuse to spend time with Izumi alone.. Learning more about this girl would be nice>
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maki Ito on Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:08 am

"Of course!" Maki exclaimed, trying to sound excited. "I didn't have any plans for today anyway! Other than to study, of course!" she lied. She had absolutely no intention to study anything whatsoever. The girl already made enough of a sacrifice by paying attention to the boring subjects that were being taught to her for half a day, and spending even a second of the other half doing any kind of work relating to them was out of the question. Of course, Maki still had no idea that 'homework' was a thing that actually existed and wasn't at all optional. "Just lead the way!" she smiled.
Maki Ito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba on Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:56 am

Izumi wasn't entirely sure what to make of the girl just yet. How sure do you need to be. Quite a few occurrences are far from a matter of course. He simply nodded as she spoke in a beam. She held more cheer than most he had encountered. Most as Satoshi somehow kept his own reservoir of good vibrations as well as Sumiko in lesser counts. With the squirrel in tow Izumi led the abruptly formed troop of three down the stairs.

"1-3, that places you in Chiharu's grade. The freshman class was sparse of students until recently. You're another new student then. From whence have you came?"
Izumi wasn't one to mind his words, outright refusing at times inadvertantly to speak colloqually. How he thought was typically what came out. This, whilst coherent, made his structure a battle between simplicity and abrupt obfuscation. Izumi kept stepping as if it was not to be worried about at all.
Izumi Inaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maki Ito on Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:34 pm

"Wow, you figured me out! That's so cool!" Maki giggled when Izumi figured out she was a new student. That deduction didn't exactly make him Sherlock Holmes, but she felt the compliment was necessary in order to get him to ease up and lower his defenses. And besides, it would have been nice if she could get him to think she was a lot less intelligent than she really was - after all, the entire point of her 'happy go lucky' persona was to get people to underestimate her. "I was homeschooled till now! You can kinda see why!" Maki said and blinked a few times to bring emphasis to her eyes. "I didn't even know there's an entire school for people with weird eyes!" she giggled once more, referencing Izumi's own heterochromia.
Maki Ito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:53 pm

Chiharu seems relaxed, yet her voice gives off a certain amount of enthusiasm as she speaks.
"Actually, this school houses and caters to a surprisingly large variety of conditions. Most of them are quite interesting."
She then shifts her attention towards Maki with her signature look of curiosity, her head tilted slightly, her eyebrows raised, and a soft smile of interest.
<She seemed fairly comfortable talking about it earlier, she probably won't mind if I ask the name of it>
"Speaking of which, I didn't quite catch what your condition is called earlier. What did you say it was?"
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maki Ito on Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:01 pm

"Uh..." Maki rolled her eyes, trying to appear as if she was deep in thought. She had thought about a potential name for her 'condition', but really, a lie like that would never work in the XXI century. After all, it would take Chiharu exactly five seconds to prove the condition didn't exist, and that would get the girl into a whole lot of trouble. Instead, she opted for the next best explanation, which coincidentally also sold her 'dumb, cheerful girl' persona even more. "I forgot~" Maki said and giggled before gently hitting her temple with her knuckle. "It was some long, Latin name with lots of syllables. But it's not like remembering it will change my situation anyway, so why bother?"
Maki Ito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:21 pm

While still looking at Maki, chiharu turns her head for a second before blinking slowly and shrugging as she says, "I suppose not.."
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba on Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:13 am

Izumi looked back at her serpentine eyes which appeared to operate just fine. Perhaps it was a case in which the parents sought to protect her from ridicule. She did appear to be very impressionable, the statement was simple observation. It wasn't even about figuring her out.

"I might have been able to see why however I am uncertain if you are affected by them. You owning that pair of eyes, what if anything made you stay home for education?".  She was just in the sun and appeared quite able to see, Izumi was at a loss. He opened the door that led into the courtyard and awaited their exit keeping a thoughtful look on his face still searching his mind for more probables.
Izumi Inaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maki Ito on Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:22 am

"Um, nope, I'm pretty sure my eyes work just fine! It's just the way they're shaped that's really weird" Maki explained. "But when I was seven, my mom tried to enroll me in a regular school and... Well, let's just say that didn't exactly go very well!" she smiled, trying to appear a little saddened by the story she was fabricating. Faking complicated emotions like 'badly concealed sorrow' was a bit harder for her, but she thought she still managed it just fine. "After a few incidents, she just decided to homeschool me instead. So that's the first time I've stepped in a classroom in seven years! But yeah, eyes - totally fine. No need to worry!" she smiled. Really, she had absolutely no idea why genetics had given her those eyes. Really, she absolutely loved them - they made the fact that she was different from everyone else really obvious. However, from a medical point of view, it really didn't make sense for her pupils to be shaped that way. Pretty much every scientist who had ever studied her had struggled with the mystery of her eyes, and none were able to come up with a satisfying solution. It was as if Mother Nature herself wanted Maki to know that, as much as she tried, she could never fully conceal the fact that she was nothing but a cold-blooded reptile.
Maki Ito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:20 pm

Chiharu remains in silent thought for the time being.
<I wonder why she never mentions her father. not even referring to her parents in the plural, just her mom. Maybe he ran off when she was young. Must've been hard for her mom...>
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba on Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:05 am

Izumi raised an eyebrow as he listen to the story. It was strange that she was here on a simplly aesthetical basis. The effects of global anti-bullying were much clearer to see through the anecdote. His opinion toward the topic didn't matter right this moment but it was evident that Izumi wasn't too moved. Yes, totally fine aren't they, you'll avoid my fate then. Joy on you. He thought away on these matters and went toward a more subjectively acceptable topic.

"It's nice that you're able to push onward right along with little issue then. Now that you're exposed to the world beyond... somewhat. In this opened opportunity to breathe a little, are you looking forward to anything you can do now that you weren't before?"

Izumi smiled as he took a deep breath after saying this. His face constantly wells up with as much joy he could muster whenever he got a chance to gather one's perspectives.
Izumi Inaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maki Ito on Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:43 pm

Maki was a little surprised that neither Izumi nor Chiharu seemed particularly fazed by her 'confession' about being bullied. Suddenly, she remembered where she was, and that the two of them probably had rough childhoods as well. She knew she'd need to use something more to win their sympathy, but since it would have been pointless to fire out all her bullets in one go, she decided to wait for a better opportunity. Izumi's next question did catch the small girl off-guard, though. "What I can... do?" Maki asked, deep in thought. As a matter of fact, she hadn't thought about that. Really, the only reason she even requested her freedom was because she was getting bored. Why did she need to spend her life in a cell when manipulating humans was so much more fun? "Wel... I guess I'm just looking forward to having lots of fun with people!" she answered honestly.
Maki Ito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:15 am

Mildly confused, chiharu asks, "Did you not do anything at all with others when you were homeschooled? It's fairly strange to think your parents would keep you entirely isolated, or am I just misunderstanding you?"
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top