(Open) Curiosity

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: (Open) Curiosity

Post by Maki Ito on Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:33 am

"Haha, this time, you're not misunderstanding me!" Maki laughed. It was time for her to earn a little more sympathy from Chiharu and Izumi. "I mean, pretty much everyone that sees my eyes even once freaks out and starts thinking I'm an alien or something like that! The only one who's stayed by my side after learning my little secret is my best friend, and I'm pretty sure that's just because she's a mutant!" the girl shrugged before suddenly remembering that mutants were extinct. True, that didn't exactly stop Kanna from being the last one, but her existence was one of the SCP Foundation's most closely guarded secrets, so perhaps leaking information about her wouldn't have been in Maki's best interest. "At least she was before Decimation, I mean. Either way, she knows what it's like to be ostracized. My other peers weren't as understanding, I'm afraid!" she spoke out with a smile. Or wait, was she supposed to be sad about the fact instead? For just a fraction of a second, the girl got the feeling that she mixed her emotions up a little bit, but decided to go with it - her new 'friends' probably already had her for an overly cheerful idiot anyway, so it wasn't out of the realm of possibility for her to be smiling when talking about being bullied.
Maki Ito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba on Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:27 am

Izumi went silent for a moment before to not completely carry the conversation away. In his mind even though the girl only knew Chiharu for a few more minutes, it was a quantity more than he did. Conversations scale and he was behind from little fault of his own. The simple circumstances of having to introduce himself and cover topics probably already glossed over was out of the realm of most control. Yet the nature of this topic, whilst he found himself thinking of just the concept was odd. She was just saddened by a similar vein, yet in some abrupt course found herself content that another had to deal through equivalent treatment. Izumi withheld a frown having simply resorted to a mild glance to avoid wearing it as he continued the course.

"I do not believe its that similar, you're still intact whilst she's left reeling and perhaps forced to re-assess how to live life fundamentally. I wouldn't quite say the way one would find themselves through would be mutually understood, if just through the guise of separate points-of-view."

Izumi wasn't planning to mince what he says, even whilst maintaining calm. His raising was one that was based on tactfulness and virtues, it didn't always get to him as he wasn't as passive or longsuffering as his parents nor would it cross him to be so. Still it wasn't an attack, rather an attempt to dispel or affirm a thought.
Izumi Inaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:01 am

<I doubt everyone would ostrasize her to such an extreme for something so little, maybe children perhaps, but even adults? Sounds like it could be paranoia, anxiety disorders can be genetic as well. Or her parents were overprotective and she just projected their paranoia on to her own thoughts>
Chiharu responded to Izumi's comment as if this had turned into a philosophical discussion.
"I doubt the function of their relationship depended on mutual understanding but instead on the empathy of Maki's friend. While both of their experiences had a definite impact on their lives, I don't think they became friends because they related in that aspect but because they wanted to avoid serving the injustice of prejudice on to another and therefore treated eachother with respect."
She then addressed Maki with a soft smile and much warmer tone as she asks, "Does that sound about right?"
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maki Ito on Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:54 pm

"I guess so~" Maki returned the smile. In reality, she had absolutely no clue why Kanna was still wishing to remain by her side - unlike Chiharu and Izumi, the girl had witnessed Maki's true self. She had seen her as the cold, selfish and emotionless monster that she was, and she had done so multiple times, as the short girl never really made any attempts to hide, not even when the two first met. Kanna had seen Maki at her worst, she had been there at her lowest points, and she knew all her secrets, and yet she still regarded her as nothing less than a best friend. The lizard girl shrugged. Humans were complicated. "I mean, the only way to know for sure is to read her mind or something like that, and I don't think we have a telepath in school... Do we?" she asked. If they did, that would have been important intel.
Maki Ito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:10 pm

"Not that I know of.. But, if I was telepathic, I probably wouldn't want to draw attention to myself." She then looks off into the distance as she adds in a quieter tone, "I bet it'd be interesting to face one in chess though..."
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba on Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:58 am

Izumi pondered how such a game would go where your moves would probably be known immediately. He couldn't understand how that would be fun even for top class players. More effort would probably be used toward clouding one's mind than even playing the match. Chiharu could sense the utmost movements and vibrations and perhaps only those such as she could possibly make headway. He simply decided to flip the conversation in such a manner that suited the present occurrence.

"An esper would surely help carry half of my more passing thoughts as I conjure new ones, however I know of about none myself."
Izumi Inaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top