[OPEN] The First Day of Class

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [OPEN] The First Day of Class

Post by Sora Kimura on Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:34 pm

The "I won't lie" seems a bit out of place, as it usually implies that there was reason to lie. I have no idea what that reason would be. However, she answered my question, so I'll settle for the answer I have.
Also, paper airplane communication is fun. I might have to try this more often. Nothing immediately comes to mind as to what I shoul communicate via paper airplane now, though, so I don't quite know what to do with this free time.
Sora Kimura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:05 pm

A few minutes after the jarring event of Mihoko coming through the door and back out again, Chiharu took her things and nonchalantly made her way out the door.
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Haruka Soratomei on Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:12 pm

Haru notices Chiharu leaving.
"Where are you going? The bell hasn't rung yet."
Haruka Soratomei

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:18 pm

Chiharu stops and looks at Haru for a second, then switches her gaze towards the corner of the ceiling in thought for a short moment, and back again to Haru as she shrugs and lets out a smirk before walking out the door.
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Haruka Soratomei on Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:29 pm

Haru didn't go after her, since she didn't want to disturb the other classes, like Tachibana said.
<That was weird. Where is she going? Why are people abruptly leaving class and acting strange today? Why was she smiling?>
She sat therr quietly, wondering to herself for the rest of the time.
After a few minutes, the bell rang, signaling that class was over and that it was time for the next class.
(OOC: decided to go with a different format more like a visual novel)
Haruka Soratomei

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina on Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:38 am

The bell having rung that signaled the end of one class period, Mihoko made her way back to the first class room she'd been to that day.
"OK, now I'm in the right classroom."
she said with a somewhat sheepish smile on her face. She took a seat in the chair behind the desk, and took a moment to gather herself before the bell rang that would signal the beginning of the next class.
"I've got a second to pull myself together." she thought to her self.
Mihoko Ikina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanzo Sadow on Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:29 pm

Itsuki Maki wrote:Itsuki pretended not to notice the glances at his missing arm. "I'm fine. That was a strange class. Guess something was bothering him," said Itsuki leaning back in his chair, "How are you?"
"I'm doing good, thanks for asking. And I'm guessing that doesn't happen everyday then." Sanzo replied.

After a short while the bell rang, and another person; who appeared to be a teacher came in. Sanzo moved his chair back to his desk and looked over to the teacher who was now in here.
<I guess this is my next bell teacher. Maybe this class period won't be so rushed, like the last one.>
He readied his notebook, almost too prepared to take notes. To pass the few moments of idle time, he spun a pencil in his hand waiting for the class to begin.
Sanzo Sadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai on Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:16 am

Having heard the bells, and spent a decent amount of time on her own, Chiharu wasted no time returning to class. She came in shortly after Mihoko and took her seat without a word.

Last edited by Chiharu Kinai on Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chiharu Kinai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina on Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:46 am

[Sorry for being away for so long, things were crazy. Also happy what ever holiday you celebrate Very Happy]
Once the class had re-taken their seats Mihoko stood up and prepared to address the class. Before she said anything she wrote on the board "Ikina Sensei" very neatly on the board.
"Hello everyone. I'm Ikina Sensei and I teach History. Now...Before I get started, does anyone have any questions about the material we'll be covering in this class?" Mihoko said to the class, after which she adjusted her glasses as she waited to see if any hands went up.
Mihoko Ikina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Haruka Soratomei on Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:47 pm

[I'm back, thanks for not putting my account under Missing!]

Haruka had a question to ask the teacher, so she raised her hand.
Haruka Soratomei

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina on Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:18 am

Seeing a hand shoot up Ikina responded
"Yes, uhhh.." pausing to consult the class seating list left for her "...Soratomei. What's your question?" she said with a smile.
Mihoko Ikina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Haruka Soratomei on Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:34 pm

Haru put her hand down and asked "What sort of history are we covering?"
Haruka Soratomei

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina on Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:54 pm

"Ah, A very good question. Seeing as this is the first year class we'll be mostly covering the history of Japan along with a little World history to help fit in perspective were we've come from and where we could be headed as a country." she replied.
Mihoko Ikina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Kimura on Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:08 pm

(Ohey this thread is still going)

and where we could be headed as a country
You don't usually expect a history class to discuss predictions for the future. Not problematic, interesting, even, just unexpected. Then again, people say you need to learn history because otherwise you'll repeat old mistakes, so in a way history is all about (improving) the future. That's really counter-intuitive...
I appear a bit inattentive despite that I actually am thinking about the class subject.
Sora Kimura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina on Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:06 pm

[yeah, I've just been really busy with school and other stuff and then the holidays happened but now I have some time free.]

"Well, if no one has..." Ikina started to say but then noticed one student appeared some what uninterested with the class already. After another quick glance at the seating list she said to Kimura with a joking smile
"Well, this is a new record. Students don't usually get bored with my class until AFTER I start the actual lesson. Don't tell me that I've got you this bored already?"
Mihoko Ikina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Kimura on Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:30 pm

It takes me a bit to get back out of my thoughts, after which I respond "I wasn't bored; I was just thinking of how, in a way, history is about the future, which is really weird but oh well, so I was just interested in a different way than you probably intended."
Sora Kimura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina on Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:56 am

"This kid is sharp, no doubt about that." she thought to her self
"Actually you pretty much hit the nail right on the head. The progression from past to present and the events that happened in that span have shaped how people all over the world live now. Using that same line of logic, the events that will happen as we move forward will also help shape how people in the future will probably live. It very much the same with individual people as well, how you've lived your lives and the experiences you've had, the things you've been through, it's all played a part in who you are today. So I suppose I should apologize to you for so hastily accusing you of being bored of my class, you were far from bored, you'd actually already figured it out."
Ikina was vary impressed with how easily Kimura had picked up on the overall theme of what she was trying to teach.
Mihoko Ikina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Kimura on Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:20 am

"History being about the future still seems really counter-intuitive but ok." I say this a bit quieter, as I'm not sure whether I'm talking to myself or the teacher with this comment.
She seems to think I've done something really clever, even though I feel like I just stumbled on this thought by chance. Oh well. Maybe I try thinking to myself instead of listening to the teacher more often. Not that I won't end up doing that eventually anyway...
Sora Kimura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina on Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:33 am

Not noticing Kimura's follow-up remark Ikina went on
"However if that doesn't make complete sense to some of you then just remember what they always say,"Those who fail to learn the lessons of History are doomed to repeat them". Which sort of brings me to my first lesson. If you'll all get out your notebooks, you'll wanna take notes on this." as she said this last part she opened up a thick book that she'd pulled out of her bag and readied herself to start writing on the board.
"Now to get a really good idea of where we're coming from the best place to start is, of course the beginning..." she said as she launched into the lesson, going as in-depth into every thing she covered as possible.
Mihoko Ikina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Haruka Soratomei on Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:42 pm

As Haru listened to what the others were saying, she thought to herself.
<I see, we have more intelligent people in this class. I mean, obviously, they wouldn't have hired Ms. Ikina as a teacher if she was an idiot, but from what I've seen so far, she's exceptionally intriguing... That kid is pretty bright, too. He managed to figure out I was a girl upon first meeting me. This place is even better than I expected. I think I'm gonna like it here.>

At Ikina's request, she got out her notebook and began writing down what the teacher told her. Although she already knew most of the material, she wanted to pay her respect to the teacher by not making it seem as though she wasn't participating in class. Plus, it's good to have an extra reference just in case.
Haruka Soratomei

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Itsuki Maki on Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:13 pm

Itsuki copied down the notes, and actually payed close attention. However, he occasionally found himself glancing over to Hanuka.
She's certainly intriguing, he thought.
Regardless he forced himself to focus on the lesson.
Itsuki Maki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Haruka Soratomei on Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:25 pm

While Haru was taking down her notes, she caught Itsuki glancing at her.
<Why is he looking at me like that?>
She went back to writing.
Haruka Soratomei

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Itsuki Maki on Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:36 pm

Itsuki stopped himself from staring and went back to writing. However, during a lull, he began to write another note on a piece of separate paper.
Itsuki Maki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Haruka Soratomei on Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:56 pm

Haru didn't take notice of Itsuki's actions as she finished writing.
Haruka Soratomei

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Itsuki Maki on Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:04 pm

Itsuki wrote, "I like the uniform," in his crude style on the paper. He glanced around and covertly rolled it in a way it hit Haru's foot.
Itsuki Maki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top