KS: The New Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Private) First Encounters of the Witness Kind

2 posters

Go down

(Private) First Encounters of the Witness Kind Empty (Private) First Encounters of the Witness Kind

Post by Mina Hamm Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:18 am

Mina was certainly looking forward to this trial. It was pretty rare to see such an open-and-shut case being brought to court at all - really, the only reason the trial was even conducted was because the defendant foolishly claimed she was innocent. What a joke! Even after all this decisive evidence against her, she was still trying to waste everyone's time in an attempt to save her own life! Well, Mina was going to make absolutely sure this wouldn't happen. The detective she spoke with the day before had told her they had a witness with some pretty incriminating testimony. The young woman didn't know who he was or what he saw, so the first order of business before the trial was to interrogate him and prepare accordingly. Even in such a simple trial, proper preparation was essential.

After checking in with security, the woman made her way to the prosecution lobby before opening the door and walking in. Inside, a man in his 30s, with brown hair and black-framed glasses, was already waiting for her. "You must be Kiyonori Kida" she spoke out, her voice transformed by the mask on her face into something much creepier than necessary. She walked up to the witness and crossed her arms. "My name is Mina Hamm. I'll be the prosecutor for this case. Tell me what you saw, in detail. Right now" the woman ordered.
Mina Hamm
Mina Hamm

Back to top Go down

(Private) First Encounters of the Witness Kind Empty Re: (Private) First Encounters of the Witness Kind

Post by Kiyonori Kida Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:20 am

"My, rather demanding aren't we? Look I'm not some hooligan, or thug so there's no need to be rude. Don't worry though..."
He paused for a moment as he removed his glasses and wiped them off thoroughly with a cleaning cloth once he was satisfied with the results he put them back on and then continued.
"...I have no intention of with-holding anything. Now as for what I saw. I was on my home and heard a strange noise, it sounded almost like a struggle. Naturally I went to check it out, make sure no one was in trouble or had gotten hurt. Once I'd gotten close enough I found that that the sound had come from inside an abandoned building. As I went inside I called out to check and see if one, any one was there, and two, make sure they were alright. That's when that girl looked over in my direction, her hands were covered in blood. Thankfully I don't think she got a good look at me, and I was able to hide until the police had arrived and were able to arrest her. That's what I saw, you can check this with the detective I talked to at the scene too. I told him the same thing, a Detective....Hawke I believe it was. Does that cover everything you needed to know?"
Kiyonori Kida
Kiyonori Kida

Back to top Go down

(Private) First Encounters of the Witness Kind Empty Re: (Private) First Encounters of the Witness Kind

Post by Mina Hamm Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:38 am

"Hmpf" Mina squinted her eyes when Kida made his remark, though she decided to refrain from further comment until she had all the details about what he saw. Still retaining her pose with her arms crossed in front of her chest, she carefully listened to his testimony, trying to think of ways it would be useful to her in court. So he didn't actually see the moment of the crime? That was a bit troublesome, but it didn't matter. What he saw was still more than enough - the defendant with blood on her hands? The only piece of evidence found on the crime scene was the murder weapon, so there wasn't a way for the defense to claim it came from somewhere else. Or was there... "First of all - are you absolutely sure it was, without a doubt, the defendant? It must have been dark, so how do you know it was her?" she asked, knowing that the defense attorney would probably ask the exact same thing. "Second - did she appear injured in any way? Was there any chance that it was her blood?"
Mina Hamm
Mina Hamm

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiyonori Kida Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:55 am

"Miss Hamm, I can say with out a doubt that was the girl that I saw, I saw her very clearly and there are some thing a person just doesn't forget. Was she injured? I can't say for certain, but what I can say is that I know from experience..." he said as he held up his mechanical hand
"...is that someone who's been severely injured and lost that much blood doesn't move around as easily as she did."
Kiyonori Kida
Kiyonori Kida

Back to top Go down

Post by Mina Hamm Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:02 am

Mina didn't respond. She rolled her eyes to the side and gently ran her hand across the rough surface of her metal mask - obviously as a form of ritual to stimulate brain activity. She tried deducing what the defense attorney would claim, but really, there weren't even any straws for them to grasp - the truth was so obvious no amount of 'lawyering' was going to save the defendant. The only thing that could have been brought into question was the lack of motive. However, the defense was certainly going to call Ms. Hatsuhara to the stand, so perhaps Mina could have used the opportunity to establish a motive based on her testimony. But for now, Kida had served his purpose. "Thank you for your cooperation" she nodded. "I'm going to call Detective Hawke to the stand first, and then it will be your turn. Your testimony will be vital in eliminating any doubts the judge might have, so don't screw it up!"
Mina Hamm
Mina Hamm

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiyonori Kida Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:08 am

"Again with that demanding attitude. Don't worry though, I'm not going to "Screw it up" as you said." he replied, with his arms crossed at this point.
Kiyonori Kida
Kiyonori Kida

Back to top Go down

Post by Mina Hamm Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:25 am

"My attitude is fine!" Mina insisted and turned her head to the side, her red eyes focused on some painting on the wall. Seriously, what was up with that guy? She knew he was an elementary teacher, but this wasn't a school, and she most certainly wasn't an elementary student! Then again, perhaps being snappy towards her star witness wasn't going to win her any points in court... A few seconds later, she turned back around. "I'm sorry... I didn't mean to react like that. It's just... There's something about this that's bothering me. It really seems like an open-and-shut case, and on the surface it seems like there's no way we can get anything but a guilty verdict, but... There are a few small things that just don't make sense" she shared before leaning back against the wall and looking down. "I have this weird feeling that the defense has something up their sleeve that will flip this case on its head and will cost me my victory. And I really need that guilty verdict..."
Mina Hamm
Mina Hamm

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiyonori Kida Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:37 am

{Just so you know, if you look at Kiyonori's Ace Attorney profile at this point he's a High School Principal, also it being ten years later he would be in his 40's.}

"I will agree with you there Miss Hamm, it does seem very open and shut, but what do I know? I'm just a High School Principal."
Kiyonori Kida
Kiyonori Kida

Back to top Go down

Post by Mina Hamm Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:49 am

((Noted!))

"High school principal, huh? Sounds fun" Mina said and looked back down. She didn't particularly care about such trivialities. All she was interested in was the case, and thus her mind was completely focused on that. No matter how she looked at it, there was a missing piece of the puzzle. But wait a second... High school principal? Wasn't the defendant a high school student prior to her conviction? Mina wasn't too sure about this, as she lacked the defendant's profile on her, but she was pretty sure Ms. Hatsuhara used to study in Yamaku Academy - a nearby school for disabled kids. Even if that was the school Mr. Kida was the principal of, that didn't mean the two knew each other, but perhaps it was a lead worth pursuing, especially considering the defense would have probably questioned him about it in court. "What school did you say you were the principal of?"
Mina Hamm
Mina Hamm

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiyonori Kida Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:09 am

"I'm the Principal at North High here in the city, why do you ask?"
Kiyonori Kida
Kiyonori Kida

Back to top Go down

Post by Mina Hamm Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:25 am

"Hmm... Just curious" Mina lied. So there wasn't any connection between the two of them that could have potentially established a motive for a false testimony... That was good. Oh, but then again, it wasn't impossible for him to have been transferred. If the defense had proof that Kida was teaching in Yamaku during the defendant's stay there, this could have rendered his entire testimony worthless. "Just for the record, you haven't taught in Yamaku Academy at any point, have you? What I'm trying to ask is, are you absolutely sure you haven't met Ms. Hatsuhara before?"
Mina Hamm
Mina Hamm

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiyonori Kida Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:28 am

"Before tonight? No, I've never met her, and to answer the first question...No I didn't teach at Yamaku Academy, I DID however teach at Yamaku Elementary nearby before becoming the Principal at North High." He answered
Kiyonori Kida
Kiyonori Kida

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down