Midori Sanadamushi (Character profile)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Midori Sanadamushi (Character profile)

Post by Midori Sanadamushi on Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:56 pm

You guys are still open, right? My avatar will come later though; I plan to draw it myself.

NAME: Midori Sanadamushi
CLASS: Freshman

APPEARANCE: Long dark hair that extends to the small of her back, with dark brown eyes. She has a slight build. She also has a nearly horizontal scar across the front of her throat, which she tries to hide. Her casual wear tends to be composed of layered clothing like boleros and jackets, more for fashion rather than utlity, in subdued hues (i.e. soft/dark colors). She also almost always wears a choker, or a turtleneck if not.

BACKSTORY:Midori was born to a soldier and a businesswoman. Growing up, she had an unusual interest in both firearms and finance. She was 'one of the boys' as a kid, but her feminine side began to surface as she got older. Being an only child until she was nine meant that she was used to things going her way. At school - where she did pretty well on science-related stuff but had trouble with math - she was receptive of people approaching her to make friends, though she never did so herself. The arrival of her sister Momo caused her life to change a little. Despite always having wanted a sibling, the shift in attention made Midori a little insecure. She would later try to best her sister in almost everything, but this did not have the effect she intended: Momo came to see her as the perfect role model instead, and she was mollified by this development.

The biggest change came when she was 14. A burglar decided to make off with some of their valuables after her parents and sister had just left home for a few hours. She was the only person there at the time. She hadn't noticed the invader and accidentally startled him, leading to the robber - thinking that there might be more people - slashing her across the throat and fleeing. Her family got home in time to find her and bring her to the hospital (where she spent several months recovering), but her vocal cords were irreversibly damaged in the incident.

Her parents then entered her in Yamaku, now that she is unable to speak. Personally, she doesn't really see the need for this. She thinks that being mute is not really a disabilty, since she can still hold proper conversations with almost anyone, and her physical actvity is little different from before. As a result, she did not really make an effort to learn sign language (just the basics), and prefers to keep a small whiteboard with her. She realizes, however, that she can't really live a completely normal life, which she is reminded constantly by the whistle that she also always has on her person, now one of the few ways she can call people's attention from afar.

Reading and writing, activities which she only used to take an interest in, turned into full-on hobbies, due to lack of most other preoccupations at the hospital. She was never one for pity. She doesn't understand why people are so concerned about what happens to her, and will sometimes interpret this as being seen as helpless. Consequently, she and her "normal" friends eventually drifted apart, leaving her used to doing things alone.

On a side note, her favorite color is red. She chose it because she liked the Christmas color scheme of red and green (her name means 'green').

PERSONALITY: Midori is smart and observant, the type of person to put careful thought into what she does or says before going forward with it. She is someone who prefers to avoid conflict, usually going with the flow in most situations. These traits sometimes combine into indecisiveness, especially during times of action, as she doesn't exactly like the spotlight. However, she takes pride in the things she knows she does well. One of her self-proclaimed vices is knowledge - specifically, the pursuit of it. She will spend a lot of time following a particular trail of information, not because the information itself intrigues her, but mostly because she just wants to know more.

Generally, she gives off a quietly optimistic demeanor; always calm, even under pressure. She has no real sense of urgency, which is not always a good thing. While not anti-social, she isn't really outgoing, is prone to inner monologues and is something of an introvert. It's not that she dislikes company, it's just that she likes her own company slightly more. Regarding other people, she makes friends a lot more easily with girls, partly because her attacker was male.

Deep down, however, Midori can be quite pessimistic. She believes that there is no such thing as a selfless act and people always have an ulterior motive for everything. This is a side of herself that she does not show willingly to anyone, but people close to her will catch glimpses: dark jokes that were actually half-meant, a slight fascination with the macabre, or the occasional cynic remark.

Last edited by Midori Sanadamushi on Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Midori Sanadamushi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Midori Sanadamushi (Character profile)

Post by Subverse on Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:26 pm

Can't really find much wrong with this, but just to be pedantic I wanna know a little more about her childhood; we know next to nothing about her life before the accident other than "she was one of the boys". How did she fare in school, subjects she excelled in, friends, etc.

All-in-all though it's a great app.
Subverse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sanadamushi on Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:46 am

I thought it was missing something. Thanks, I'll get to work on that a bit later. Smile
Midori Sanadamushi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LQ-84i on Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:19 pm

I'd agree that the main details that define the history of the character are missing. Which I'll add on to by asking how was the character affected after the accident, I know what it states in the personality section but I'd like you to add a little more about that in the backstory. Please make a reply telling us you've made the changes and we'll read through it again.
LQ-84i
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sanadamushi on Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:08 pm

Had a busy weekend -___-

Anyways, I've added some things, hope it's what you're looking for ^_^
Midori Sanadamushi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiden on Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:39 am

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with this profile. As soon as you put up a profile pic, you'll have my approval.

EDIT: Oh, one more thing - this one's pretty minor, but I'd still like to point it out. Do you think you can change her surname to "Sanada" instead of "Sanadamushi"? The former is a normal Japanese surname, while the latter sounds like a Deviantart username. I just think "Midori Sanada" would be more natural.

Last edited by Raiden on Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raiden
Admin

View user profile http://ksnewgen.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Subverse on Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:33 am

I agree with Raiden, profile picture and you're done.
Subverse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sanadamushi on Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:33 pm

Profile pic uploaded Very Happy

About the the name, it's kind of intentional. I got it from a manga where one of the characters thought it sounded like an old japanese surname (It actually means 'tapeworm'). I'll change it if you still think I should, though.
Midori Sanadamushi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiden on Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:35 pm

It's by no means a requirement, just thought I'd point out that it's unnatural. Whether or not you change it is up to you.

In any case, you have my approval.
Raiden
Admin

View user profile http://ksnewgen.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LQ-84i on Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:56 pm

With this considered, if it be your wish to keep the name as is, I'll approve it likewise.
Welcome to our forum, we hope you enjoy roleplaying here. May you fare well.
LQ-84i
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top