KS: The New Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Little Slice of Solitude (Open)

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A Little Slice of Solitude (Open) Empty A Little Slice of Solitude (Open)

Post by Sayuri Motozaki Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:53 pm

"So this is the tea room."

Sayuri had heard murmurs from other students about this room. Hidden away in a secluded corridor, it had been used for years as a quiet retreat for students looking to escape from their fellow classmates and enjoy a cup of tea in silence. That seemed like the perfect thing for Sayuri after the events of her new life so far.

Sayuri opened the door and wheeled herself inside. Like most of the rooms in the school, it was bright and airy with large windows. Or at least, it would be light and airy. But on this cold February afternoon the sun was nearly setting, bathing the room in a heavy orange glow that stung Sayuri's eyes for a moment, before they adjusted to it.

Sayuri quickly spotted the tea-making equipment, wheeled herself over, and busied herself with preparing a cup of tea. It's been a while since I drank tea. I don't think I've had it since... Sayuri frowned. I don't wanna think about it anymore. That's why I'm here. So I can relax, by myself, and have a nice quiet drink. No thinking for a while. No pain.

Sayuri did not add tea or sugar to the cup; she preferred her tea strong. Having prepared the cup at the shelf, where the utensils were, Sayuri now realized she had a problem. Navigating to a table - or anywhere at all - would require both hands, and she needed at least one hand to hold the cup of tea. Dammit, Sayuri, you idiot, you've done it again. I should have moved the stuff to the table, made the tea there, then moved the stuff back...I guess there's nothing else for it. I'll have to just drink the tea here, where I am.

Sayuri raised the cup to her lips and took a sip. It was good tea, but not great. The silence around the room was oddly comforting. Finally, I can relax. Just myself, and this cup of tea.
Sayuri Motozaki
Sayuri Motozaki

Back to top Go down

A Little Slice of Solitude (Open) Empty Re: A Little Slice of Solitude (Open)

Post by Yuuji Takahashi Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:09 pm

The sound of the door as it creaks open breaking what silence was in the room. A young man with crutches slowly enters the room,whispering "sorry" to everyone for interrupting. the mumbling over the other student echos in the room as the young man tries to find a spot to sit in. He walks up to the young girl in the wheelchair and asks...

"Do you mind if I sit here? I wont stay here long."

He gives a small smile before slightly bowing as he waits for her response.
Yuuji Takahashi
Yuuji Takahashi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayuri Motozaki Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:40 am

Sayuri rolled her eyes as the door opened. It was bound to happen. It couldn't last forever. At least this newcomer seemed polite and quiet enough. Sayuri also couldn't help but notice he was using crutches. At least you still have one leg that works properly.

"Sure. Sit wherever you like."
Sayuri Motozaki
Sayuri Motozaki

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuuji Takahashi Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:36 pm

He nods and smiles at her approval. He sits down trying his best not to make to much noise as he puts his crutches on his lap. He sits silent,his eyes closed as if he was meditating.
Yuuji Takahashi
Yuuji Takahashi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayuri Motozaki Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:16 pm

Sayuri, still quietly enjoying the tranquility, does not attempt to break the silence, instead preferring to sit and drink her tea undisturbed. After a while, it occurs to her that the polite thing to do would be to try and make conversation with this boy, however Sayuri struggles to think of a conversation starter. I was never good at starting conversations. Mind you, considering how I was brought up, I guess that's kinda understandable...
Sayuri Motozaki
Sayuri Motozaki

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuuji Takahashi Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:26 pm

Moment later he opens his eyes. The young girl is still here drinking her tea. He thinks to himself It would be rude if i did not introduce myself then again this place is not for conversation but for tranquility and silence... eh screw the consequences i'll worry about them later

"I'm Yuuji Takahashi."
Yuuji Takahashi
Yuuji Takahashi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayuri Motozaki Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:39 pm

Sayuri is slightly startled by Yuuji's out-of-the-blue introduction but quickly shakes it off. Well, at least that deals with the problem of me starting a conversation.

"Motozaki. Sayuri Motozaki. Nice to meet you, Takahashi-san." Sayuri bows slightly out of reflex before returning to her tea.
Sayuri Motozaki
Sayuri Motozaki

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuuji Takahashi Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:50 pm

" Nice to meet you too Motozaki."

Well I guess that was a way to start it off... he thinks to himself

"Are you new to the school Motozaki?"
Yuuji Takahashi
Yuuji Takahashi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayuri Motozaki Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:31 pm

So we're conversing now. Alright then. Sayuri puts down her teacup, sighing under her breath, and responds calmly.

"I suppose I am. I only arrived a few days ago. How about you?"
Sayuri Motozaki
Sayuri Motozaki

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuuji Takahashi Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:18 pm

"It is my third year here." Yuuji gives small smile "so if you need any help getting around here just let me know."
Yuuji Takahashi
Yuuji Takahashi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayuri Motozaki Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:42 pm

"I will. Thank you."

Everyone here seems so helpful. Except that...what was his name?...Wilson. He seemed like a bit of an idiot when he spoke to me on Deadbook. But everyone else is being so helpful to me. And yet...do I really need their help? Do I want it?

Sayuri sighed. I'm brooding again. This is exactly the kinda shit I came here to avoid doing.
Sayuri Motozaki
Sayuri Motozaki

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuuji Takahashi Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:53 pm

Yuuji notices the sigh from Motozaki Why did she sigh? did i say something wrong? I won't bother to ask, I have wasted some of her time too so I'll just leave

"Thank you for letting me sit here Motozaki. I will take my leave. See you around."

he gets up as quietly as possible and exits the room.
Yuuji Takahashi
Yuuji Takahashi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayuri Motozaki Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:58 pm

"Goodbye, Takahashi-san."

As the door closes behind Yuuji, silence is restored to the room. Sayuri notices her cup of tea is almost empty. Huh. That went quickly. Sayuri then sets about making herself another, this time transporting all the ingredients to the table in advance. Having poured the second cup, she returns the ingredients to the shelf and positions herself at the table, sipping her tea and quietly relaxing.
Sayuri Motozaki
Sayuri Motozaki

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:06 am

A door shutting can be heard throughout the room.

It wedges through my head phones and invades my concentrated thoughts of the different forms of energy and how they could be produced. (A curious mind thinks of everything no matter how little or large it's importance is.)

Eyes opened now, I discover that there is indeed another entity in the room. The sound of the door indicates that there were two but that is irrelevant to the current situation.

With that the buds come out and my conciseness is regained.

"Evening to you Motozaki."

The speech is quiet but is clear enough to make out the few words in the statement.
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayuri Motozaki Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:51 pm

Sayuri jumps slightly at Satoshi's voice. Isn't that...

"Veach-san? When did you get here?"
Sayuri Motozaki
Sayuri Motozaki

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:22 pm

"I could say the same to you," I respond with a chuckle.

"I always come here when I get the chance during the school day. Either to quietly think or draw."

I leave out the fact that I write my music here sometimes too because it's more private. Not to mention I'm not as great with lyrics as I am with the musical part so it's kind of embarrassing to me when someone asks.

"Usually every lunch I'm here."

"A little slice of solitude, you know?"

How long was she here for anyway? Must of been a long time seeing as she would ask how long I've been here. I must really be able to zone out...
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayuri Motozaki Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:40 pm

Sayuri nods. "I suppose it is." She takes another sip of her tea.
Sayuri Motozaki
Sayuri Motozaki

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:58 pm

I don't think the proper way to have a conversation would be across a room so I get up and lean against a near by wall to her.

"So what's your reason for coming to a place such as this? As you could probably tell, this place isn't all too popular."

Perhaps it's for the same reason as mine. Her past reactions to certain social approaches suggest she's easy to prevoke. Perhaps she has a natural love of solitude and that's the reason?

I hope that isn't the case because if it is I just ruined the reason to be here for her.
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayuri Motozaki Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:08 pm

"Sometimes I just prefer a little peace and quiet. Allows me to think. I assume you must be the same, since you're here."
Sayuri Motozaki
Sayuri Motozaki

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:46 pm

Ah so not only is it the same reason but it's nearly identical.

"Well, that's kind of the reason why I didn't notice you and whoever else was in here so yeah."

Though I don't get much response from her I still keep my light personality. Hope that brightens her mood a little.

I sip from my cup of water mixed with a cube of Bouillion. Has a smooth taste like chicken soup broth.

My eyes drift out to the outside. The warm sunlight carresses my face and I stand in peace for a moment.

I need to go for a walk after school. It's just too nice of a day out to not go. I should bring someone to talk to as well. For probably the first time in my life I actually want to set aside time for a conversation of some sort with someone.

Perhaps I'll ask Asterick or maybe...

I could ask Motozaki instead but I haven't spoken to her much. From time to time after that day we've met we had a few small conversations here and there but none too big.

Let's see where this conversation takes us and if it goes alright I'll ask her if she'll enjoy this weather with me after school.

There's always that reason that maybe she is also like me in the sense that she just needs a good friend. In her case probably one who pays less attention to disabilities or appearance and more on a person's character. Noted.

I should think of a way to ask her, come to think of it. I mean, I don't think saying 'would you like to go for a walk with me' would be a very good idea. Stroll should be good enough language.

My strong thought leaves. My conciousness awoken from it's slumber. Revealing a new sight to me.

The usual stern look upon my acquaintance has left to reveal a pleasant face of tranquility. Her creamy skin calm, the roughness on her complextion smoothed. She actually looks kind of pretty in this state. It's a real shame that her past likely took this look from her. It puts a light smile on my face. Is she sleeping? I have been in silent thought a while...

I shouldn't bother her to see if she is or not because what if she is?

I lightly sit down as to not disturb the girl and sit across from her while sipping on my drink.

After a little bit, the drawing pad comes out as to give me something to do while I watch over her.
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayuri Motozaki Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:15 pm

Sayuri relaxes so much she spaces out for a while, half-looking out of the window, half-looking out to space. Her teacup sits forgotten in her hands. Eventually, with a series of increasingly rapid blinks, she regains her senses. Hmm? Wow. This place really is relaxing. I think I spaced out there for a moment or two. Sayuri is oblivious to how much time has passed.

Out of the corner of her eye she notices Satoshi, and realizes he has moved to sitting opposite her. He also has a notepad in front of him and appears to be drawing something. Sayuri decides not to interrupt him and brings her cup up to her lips, only to put it straight back down again, grimacing.

"My tea's gone cold...I must have spaced out for longer than I thought."
Sayuri Motozaki
Sayuri Motozaki

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:34 pm

Ah, so she wasn't sleeping.

I'm also very glad that she hasn't let that look of peace escape her face. I hide all of my reaction to it save for a grin. Probably the warmest I've had in a while with enough fight to break my self control. My usually impenetrable self control. The last time that happened was out of anger so this is a nice change.

This girl seems to be more like me with a different past than I imagined.

"Heh, there you are. I thought maybe you had gone to sleep with how quiet you were."

She doesn't have time to even ask before I'm reheating the tea kettle for her so she may soon have a warm up poor.

If she happens to be more like me any more than I'll bet she likes her food and drink prepared the way they are supposed to be. Keep your cold deserts cold and your warm drinks warm.

"You were out for about a quarter of lunch period so it's probably around half over."
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayuri Motozaki Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:17 pm

Sayuri takes out her phone and checks the time. "So it is. Thank you." Sayuri notices Satoshi is now re-heating the kettle. Is he intending to make her another cup of tea to replace the one that went cold? How very kind of him. I really did underestimate the people here...
Sayuri Motozaki
Sayuri Motozaki

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:35 pm

I'm tempted out of force of habbit to say 'you're quite welcome' but...I don't know why but it wouldn't fit the mood so I just go with a little-

"Mhm."

As the tea gains it's original heat I set the pad down on the table in front of me and pour her a little.

When I sit down I get a little nervous at the thought that she might of seen it. I'm the type that only likes to let people see my confusing drawings with a guide through of why they are like that and the thought behind it. In this case I may have let someone see a current work in progress of a currently undetailed robot with tonfa-like blades connected to it's wrists and lightning coming from it's left hand.

This one may take a some explaining, though sometimes I get someone who doesn't care about the technology and stuff and just ignors the explainations just because 'There's lightning shooting out of it's hands! Awesome!'

Either way this conversation goes I'll oblige. Who knows, maybe she likes that stuff? It's a big variable in the equation that is our conversation.

I probably think too much, either way.
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayuri Motozaki Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:42 pm

Sayuri takes a sip of her partially-refilled tea. "That's much better. Thank you. You didn't have to do that."
Sayuri Motozaki
Sayuri Motozaki

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next