KS: The New Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Open] Song for the Asking

2 posters

Go down

[Open] Song for the Asking Empty [Open] Song for the Asking

Post by Myra Lee Ferreira Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:38 am

It was a mahogany soaked afternoon after schooling hours; I had a few issues that had not arisen to ask in class as I had a stream of never-ending wanderings I could scarcely manage nor retrieve what was needed for inquiry. It was this that led me to seek out my homeroom teacher, Professor Ikina, for consul. My fruitless wanderings about the school eventually led me to the Teacher's Lounge. I politely knocked on the ajar door and peered into the entrance.

("Professor Ikina? Are you in?")
Myra Lee Ferreira
Myra Lee Ferreira

Back to top Go down

[Open] Song for the Asking Empty Re: [Open] Song for the Asking

Post by Mihoko Ikina Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:28 am

Myra Lee Ferreira wrote:("Professor Ikina? Are you in?")
At the mention of the name a woman's head popped up from behind one of the desks.
"One moment please. I seem to have spilled my tea!" she said as she held up a paper towel that was half discolored with tea before vanishing again behind the desk again for a moment.
"Sorry about that." She said as she stood up and made her way over to the trash can,her movement as she walked a little bit off,and discarded the paper towel.
"Anyway, Ikina-Sensei at your service. What can I do for you?"
Mihoko Ikina
Mihoko Ikina

Back to top Go down

Post by Myra Lee Ferreira Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:56 pm

I assessed the area before nodding and stepping foot in her presence with the clearing of my throat. I adjust the voice-box that attached around my throat like a cat-bell ever so slightly.

("Forgive me for intruding upon you in this late hour but I have some question pertaining to my educational situation.")

I pulled up a chair close to her desk and folded my hands on my lap in a business-like fashion, lips pursed, eyes sharp and penetrating in their lack of light.

("I recently have been admitted in to this school and by recent, the scope is defined in the process of days rather than a few months. I have not received traditional schooling prior to this and I want to know how am I to take the finals or if I am exempt or not. They seem to be approaching or already here due to all the fervor I sense among the student body.")
Myra Lee Ferreira
Myra Lee Ferreira

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:04 am

Myra Lee Ferreira wrote:("Forgive me for intruding upon you in this late hour but I have some question pertaining to my educational situation.")
"Don't worry, you're not intruding. I'm always here for my students." She said with a smile.
Myra Lee Ferreira wrote:("I recently have been admitted in to this school and by recent, the scope is defined in the process of days rather than a few months. I have not received traditional schooling prior to this and I want to know how am I to take the finals or if I am exempt or not. They seem to be approaching or already here due to all the fervor I sense among the student body.")
"Hmmm, Yes I see your concern." she said as she took a couple of framed pictures (One of two girls eating lunch, the other one of one of the girls from the other picture apparently letting the boy in the picture have an earful.) off of her chair and placed them in their spots on her desk. She then took her seat and went on.
"Given your circumstance, I feel I'd would be best for you to take the exams so that we can properly assess your current level of education. This way we can help you where you need help, if any is needed at all. I do feel though,given your case, that you won't be forced to take the exams if you really don't feel up to it." she hoped that answered the question adequately, and then added
"You don't need to look so serious, it's ok you can relax around me."
Mihoko Ikina
Mihoko Ikina

Back to top Go down

Post by Myra Lee Ferreira Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:08 pm

I inhaled and released my breath in a terse whistle that imitated a sound that be misconstrued as sucking my teeth or clicking my tongue.

("This is my natural poise, Professer. What exactly are the subjects of these exams? Also, I have a separate inquiry. I heard there is an athletic swim team? Would you know the prerequisites for joining?")
Myra Lee Ferreira
Myra Lee Ferreira

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:18 pm

"The subjects covered are pretty standard. Japanese, mathematics, science, social studies, and English. As for the swim team, I know we have one but I'm not sure who the faculty adviser is on that one. The prerequisites for joining, I'm gonna guess it's being able to swim really good. Again I'm not 100% sure on the specifics." She replied then added
"And by the way, you can call me sensei, or Mrs.Ikina. Professor makes me feel smarter than I feel I actually am."
Mihoko Ikina
Mihoko Ikina

Back to top Go down

Post by Myra Lee Ferreira Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:27 am

("But you are intelligent, are you not? Sensei is a Japanese term for teacher. I am merely speaking in Portuguese to where it doesn't not translate to your term. Professor is the Portuguese translation. I would believe if you were not intelligent as I trust you are, you would not be instructing me.")

I slanted my head to the East, toying nonchalantly with a strand of my silky, ebony locks.

("Sounds easy enough. I believe that will be all for today, Professor.")
Myra Lee Ferreira
Myra Lee Ferreira

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:23 am

"Well I suppose that's alright then if it's what's easiest for you." Mihoko said with a small laugh.

Myra Lee Ferreira wrote:("Sounds easy enough. I believe that will be all for today, Professor.")

"One more thing before you go, have you been shown around the school yet? If not I'm sure one of the other students wouldn't mind."
Mihoko Ikina
Mihoko Ikina

Back to top Go down

Post by Myra Lee Ferreira Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:02 am

("I have not but I highly doubt it. The students stay clear of me when I roam about. I have received none of such. I have allowed my own navigational curiosity lend me a hand in getting acquainted with the building and campus.")
Myra Lee Ferreira
Myra Lee Ferreira

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down