KS: The New Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[OPEN] Contact

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[OPEN] Contact Empty [OPEN] Contact

Post by Toshiaki Endō Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:03 pm

It was a calm summer day.

The verdant countryside whipped past the windows, blurring into a murky palette of deep greens and browns.
Surprisingly comfortable for a summer day, he thought to himself.

WHUMP.

Toshiaki Endō awoke with a jolt.

He let out a yawn while he stretched his back and rolled his shoulders, looking around the small bus. The worn suspension creaked as it settled back down after hitting a pothole.

That's what I get for staying up late last night. Oh well.

It was a cool spring morning.

The cherry trees were in full bloom, blanketing the hills in varying shades of pink and white. Toshiaki opened his window, letting the cool breeze tousle his feathery dark hair. Have to admit, the country is pretty nice out here, he observed. Quite a change from the backdrop of the city he had grown accustomed to.

A few minutes later, the destination was in sight. He watched as the red brick buildings grew closer, their tops just visible over the surrounding forest.

The bus pulled to a stop, its air brakes hissing.

Toshiaki stood up, careful not to bash his head against the low ceiling. He slung his duffel bag over his shoulder and grabbed his guitar case, following a few others in bright green jackets off the bus. Their numerous physical conditions did not escape his notice.

So this is the new normal.

He had had a few classmates with physical handicaps before, at his middle school, but to see so many all at once was still slightly unnerving for him.

The bus pulled away, the faint odor of diesel exhaust quickly dissipating. Toshiaki took a deep breath, filling his lungs with fresh air.
That's certainly nicer than the city, he mused. Could get used to that. The spring breeze was cool on his skin, just strong enough to be felt through the crimson dress shirt he was wearing, but not so much that his black necktie flapped wildly. Not a bad day for a fresh start.

He followed the uniformed students up the last part of the hill, the academy now coming into full view.

Wow. It was all quite grander than he had anticipated. Pictures really don't do the place any justice.

He stepped through the wrought iron gate, appreciating its evident craftsmanship. His analytical gaze ran over the perfectly maintained masonry, the intricate metalwork, the carefully manicured lawns, the freshly mulched gardens.

Only the best. Must have some generous alumni.

Toshiaki reached the middle of the courtyard, surrounded by several buildings. They were lacking in only one thing, it seemed.

No signs. Typical. A smirk spread over his face, slightly annoyed, mostly amused. Well, where to?
Toshiaki Endō
Toshiaki Endō

http://missingpagesroleplay.com/u27

Back to top Go down

[OPEN] Contact Empty Re: [OPEN] Contact

Post by Mizo Takameshi Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:21 pm

As Mizo wheeled his way through the courtyard he noticed a boy standing in the courtyard looking kind of lost. It reminded him of the look he himself probably had on his first day. Mizo made his way to the boy.
"Um, Excuse me..." he said as he approached "...I couldn't help but notice that you look a little lost. Do you need some help?"
Mizo Takameshi
Mizo Takameshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshiaki Endō Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:34 am

"Oh, hi," Toshiaki replied, regathering his thoughts. "Yeah, I need to find the administration office. They said there was some paperwork to finish before I move in. I'm Toshiaki, by the way. Nice to meet you…" He paused, waiting for the other's reply.
Toshiaki Endō
Toshiaki Endō

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Takameshi Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:36 am

"I'm Takameshi, Mizo. Nice to meet you Toshiaki." Mizo said with a smile
"The Admin office is over this way, I can show you where it is if you want." he said as pointed in the direction of the administration building. The arm he pointed with in a cast.
Mizo Takameshi
Mizo Takameshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshiaki Endō Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:38 am

"If it's not too much trouble, I would appreciate that, thanks." Toshiaki noticed the bandages covering much of Mizo's body, but held his curiosity in check. "So, Takameshi, I take it you know your way around pretty well. When did you start here at Yamaku?" he asked as he turned towards the building Mizo had indicated.
Toshiaki Endō
Toshiaki Endō

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Takameshi Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:25 pm

"Almost a year ago. I felt really lost when I arrived, luckily some other students showed me around." he said as he made his way forward as best he could
"Sorry about my slow speed, I'm not really used to the whole wheel chair thing, but I gotta use it until my arm heals up at least. I recently got out of the hospital, I hit by a car. I promise I'm not always this much of a mess." he added before stopping for a moment to adjust his glasses and then continued on.
"Oh, by the way,I'm a second year. What year are you in? If you don't mind me asking."
Mizo was unsure why he added that last part "If you don't mind me asking." He suddenly didn't really see any point in it, why would anyone care if anyone else knew what grade they were in?
Mizo Takameshi
Mizo Takameshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshiaki Endō Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:09 am

Toshiaki frowned slightly at the mention of the hospital. "Sorry to hear that, hope you get well soon," he said, following Mizo. "Anyways, I'll be a freshman," he answered, returning to a more neutral expression. "Feels good to be getting back into the new school year, even if things are unfamiliar at first. But I guess it's like that for every school, isn't it. You live in the dorms here?"

Last edited by Toshiaki Endō on Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Toshiaki Endō
Toshiaki Endō

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Takameshi Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:24 am

"Yeah, my parents work kept them from moving, not that they wanted to. What about you? you gonna be living in the dorms too?" Mizo asked.
Mizo Takameshi
Mizo Takameshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshiaki Endō Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:54 am

"Yeah, I am." Thought that much would be obvious, hauling all my luggage. And didn't I already say I was moving in? he thought to himself. Meh. Bit of a spacecase, maybe, but he seems nice enough. We'll probably get along okay. Plus it'll be useful to have someone who knows their way around. "I suppose most of the students do, given the… circumstances." He continued walking, silent for a few seconds. "What's everyone like in the dorms?"
Toshiaki Endō
Toshiaki Endō

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Takameshi Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:15 am

"Everyone is nice enough. Things can a little rowdy from time to time. They have a funny way of paring up your hall mate though, some sort of tradition." Mizo said with a smile
"Hey one thing real quick, you'll have to forgive me if I seem sort of forgetful. I...I have a problem with my memory, so remembering things can be a problem sometimes. It's part of why I'm here though." he added.
Mizo Takameshi
Mizo Takameshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshiaki Endō Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:12 am

Shit. He felt guilty for making assumptions about Mizo without thinking of a possibility like that, but refrained from grimacing. Didn't realize Yamaku had students with cognitive issues. Then again, makes sense; they wouldn't do too well in regular classes.
Should really be more thoughtful, don't want to start off day one by insulting someone.

"Sounds like it should be a good time, huh? Wonder who I'll be matched up with." He stepped up to the door of the building, holding the door for Mizo. He decided not to say anything more about Mizo's reason for being here. No need to open that up. "By the way, who exactly is this headmaster? The staff I talked to before said I should meet with him - or her, dunno - first when I arrived, but neglected to mention that crucial bit of information," he said, grinning a little.
Toshiaki Endō
Toshiaki Endō

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Takameshi Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:29 am

"Thanks for getting the door." Mizo said as he wheeled through the door
"The headmasters name is Subverse, that's all I really know." He added to answer the question Toshi had asked. "Hey by the way, after you're done here I can show you around the school if you want."
Mizo Takameshi
Mizo Takameshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshiaki Endō Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:27 am

The name struck him as distinctly foreign. English headmaster at a Japanese private school, huh? Then again, I'm here. Go figure.

"If you're sure you're not too busy, yeah, that would be awesome. Thanks." He scanned the lobby, noting that it was as well decorated as the exterior. He quickly found the directory he was looking for. "Headmaster's office, room…" he muttered to himself.

"Well, I guess I should head up there. Nice meeting you, Mizo. See ya in a bit." Toshiaki bounded up the staircase, his tall frame easily managing two steps at a time.
Toshiaki Endō
Toshiaki Endō

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizo Takameshi Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:22 pm

"No problem, I'm more than happy to show you around. I'll wait here till you're done." He said in reply
Mizo Takameshi
Mizo Takameshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshiaki Endō Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:08 am

Toshiaki nodded to Mizo, acknowledging his reply, before disappearing around the next flight of stairs.

He arrived at the room he was looking for and knocked sharply on the door.
Toshiaki Endō
Toshiaki Endō

Back to top Go down

Post by Subverse Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:24 pm

A deep voice calls out from behind the door.

"Come in."
Subverse
Subverse

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshiaki Endō Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:44 am

Toshiaki entered, closing the door with a satisfying thud.
Solid oak? And all brass hardware, looks like. Nice touch. A little old-fashioned maybe, but nice.
He turned to address the other figure in the room.

"Good afternoon. I'm Toshiaki Endō, a new student. The staff directed me to meet with you upon my arrival. Pleased to meet you…"
Toshiaki Endō
Toshiaki Endō

Back to top Go down

Post by Subverse Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:27 pm

The man sitting behind the desk was a rather portly fellow, with very little hair on his head. The chair squeaked a sigh of relief as he removed his bulbous posterior, and the man exhaled deeply from the effort.

"A student introducing himself to me? Very strange." The man muses from behind a bushy white mustache. "Welcome to the school, I suppose. I'm the headmaster, Subverse-Sensei." The man attempts a bow that is hindered by the stomach spilling out from beneath his white shirt.
Subverse
Subverse

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshiaki Endō Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:28 am

Toshiaki returned the bow, lowering his head to a precise forty-five degree angle as he always did. He rose back up and cleared his throat.

"My understanding, from speaking with the staff over the phone yesterday, was that there remained some details in the paperwork to be cleared up. Something regarding scholarships and finances, if I recall."

Old thoughts flashed through his mind for a split second.
I really hope nothing fell through. Without that scholarship, there's no way I can afford to stay. Grandma and Grandpa don't have that kind of money, and they certainly won't when they retire in a few years from now. Put in all that work to keep straight A's at one of the best private schools in Tōkyō; go to all those science fairs, club conferences, and academic competitions; and I still have to worry about how I'm going to pay for school… Too late to apply anywhere else, and I need to be going to a good high school if I want any decent chance at going to a good university…

Jeez. Relax. It's probably nothing.

"I suppose they considered it best that I meet with you directly to settle the issue right away. There wasn't any sort of problem, was there?" he asked, a slight edge of concern in his voice and face.
Toshiaki Endō
Toshiaki Endō

Back to top Go down

Post by Subverse Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:31 am

Finances? Sigh. I usually delegate the complicated stuff to those beneath me...

"Let's take a look at your file, shall we?" The headmaster replies, collapsing back into his chair and throwing open a drawer in his desk. After a few minutes of rifling through all of the folders within, he pulls out a large black folder with "ENDO, TOSHIAKI" printed across the front. Placing the folder on the desk, he opens it up and begins flipping through the pages of the folder.

"Ah, yes. Here we go." He says once he finds a page marked "Previous Education", "There appears to be a gap in your education, we have you marked as a more than capable student yet our records show that it took you two years to get through the seventh grade..." Subverse mused aloud, then flipped his bright eyes up to peer at Toshi over the rims of his glasses, "Care to shed some light?"
Subverse
Subverse

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshiaki Endō Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:01 pm

This again already. Wonderful.

"That's correct," Toshiaki replied, his expression flat. "There were… medical concerns… that precluded my schooling for several months. After those were resolved, I returned to school as usual. I believe the exact details should be noted in there along with the rest of their records."
Toshiaki Endō
Toshiaki Endō

Back to top Go down

Post by Subverse Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:17 pm

The balding middle-aged man flips through a few more pages, and finds a purple piece of paper.

"We're aware of your condition." The headmaster nods.

"I have your medical records here...No mention of an-.." His eyes scan the page, and he nods. "Of course, they leave vital information on the most unassuming piece of paper near the back of the file. Helpful."

Subverse packs all of the paper strewn across his desk back into the file. "Now that we know you weren't skipping years of school outside of medical reasons, I'm sure your application for a scholarship will be successful. Your school records are very impressive, and you're obviously a polite young soul." He says with a smile, then spreads his hands in question, "Anything else you'd like to ask me?"
Subverse
Subverse

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshiaki Endō Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:40 pm

Toshiaki thought for a quick moment.

"Come to think of it, my housing assignment hadn't been quite finalized yet when I last spoke with the other staff. Would that happen to be on hand? I imagine it will be easier to move in knowing which room to look for," he said, returning a smile.
Toshiaki Endō
Toshiaki Endō

Back to top Go down

Post by Subverse Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:02 am

"I assume you're in the dorms..." The headmaster muses aloud, shuffling through the papers once more before unsheathing a piece in triumph.

"You'll be on the third floor of the boy's dorms... there are elevators available if your condition makes stairs difficult... a few other students with mobility issues are up there. Hawke Tiberius is one, he's likely to take you under his wing in his last few weeks here... there's also Satou Kukuro, a boy with a similar condition to you; Yamamoto Kaito, recent amputee.. plenty of people to keep you interested. Or to ignore, if you prefer."

After a longer scan of the paper, Subverse blurts out "Room 354. I can get some of the staff to help you move your belongings, if you like."

His eyes flick up to meet the young students and he smiles, "And before I forget - welcome to Yamaku."
Subverse
Subverse

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshiaki Endō Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:50 am

"354, Tiberius, Kukuro, Kaito…" he repeated quietly to himself as the headmaster spoke, working the number and names into his memory.

"I don't think mobility will be an issue. I try to keep myself in pretty good shape, considering. And I'll be able to handle my luggage fine. Thank you though. It was a pleasure meeting you." Toshiaki smiled and bowed again before turning and exiting the office.

He quickly descended the staircase, his feet sliding gracefully down across the edges, hardly stopping to meet each step. Reaching the floor, he continued over to the door, holding it for Mizo. "Thanks for sticking around for me. Can we head to the dorms next? I'd like to go ahead and drop my stuff off before we tour."
Toshiaki Endō
Toshiaki Endō

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next