KS: The New Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[OPEN] A New Generation

5 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

[OPEN] A New Generation Empty [OPEN] A New Generation

Post by Toshiaki Endō Tue May 06, 2014 1:15 am

Toshiaki walked down the hall, his dark hair slicked back.
His white shirt was meticulously ironed and starched, without a wrinkle to be seen.
His black silk tie was set neatly under his collar, the end just reaching down over the silver buckle of his black leather belt.
His emerald blazer and trousers were perfectly pleated, giving his figure an even sharper and more angular appearance than usual.
The embroidered arms of Yamaku Academy displayed prominently on his left breast for the first time of many.

Always make the first impression count, he thought to himself, recalling the advice of so many before him.

He walked down the hall, briefcase in hand, scanning the signs along the top of the walls.
He reached the room marked 1-1 and entered the open doorway.
First one. Not surprised.
Checking his silver-banded watch, he confirmed that there were still fifteen minutes before class was to begin.
Three neat rows of six desks each to the left, the teacher's desk and blackboards to the right, windows lining the opposite wall.
He seated himself in the first desk in the front row, near the windows and opposite the door.

Wonder what they'll be like, he mused, setting his briefcase atop the desk and opening it.
He pulled a small novel from its contents and began reading, waiting for the teacher and the other freshmen to arrive to the first class of the new term.
Toshiaki Endō
Toshiaki Endō

http://missingpagesroleplay.com/u27

Back to top Go down

[OPEN] A New Generation Empty Re: [OPEN] A New Generation

Post by Jun Taira Tue May 06, 2014 1:59 am

Her hair was once combed, before the wind. Her uniform was flat and folded, before she threw it in a dresser the night before. Even her books and notebooks were neatly organized, before she tripped over them this morning.

Jun meanders in behind a group of other students whilst fiddling with her bowtie, desperately attempting to find a comfortable position for it.  She soon realizes her efforts are futile and gives up. However, once her attention is no longer focused on herself, she notices the familiar face, and is taken aback slightly as she is reminded of the Orange incident.

Wow, he seems really prepared, and last time I saw him he was pretty forgiving. I bet if I sit near him, if there's ever a group project, I can rely on him to know what he's doing. But I hate being in the front. I'll sit behind him, that'll work.

So jun made her way to the seat behind Toshiaki, giving him a short smile and wave as she gets nearer. After taking her seat she begins to shuffle through her books to find her notebook.
Jun Taira
Jun Taira

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshiaki Endō Tue May 06, 2014 3:00 am

Toshi sat quietly, continuing his reading, as the others began to filter in.

He spotted a familiar face over the top edge of the pages.
Well, I'll be. Orange Girl, in the flesh.
He was surprised that she walked over and waved – to which he nodded in reply – and more so that she took the seat behind him.
Guess she wasn't so fazed after all.

He promptly closed his novel, marking his place with the red ribbon sewn to the binding. He replaced it in his briefcase, drawing two identical silver-and-black pens and two pristine black-and-white notebooks, one large and one small, before closing the case and placing it under his desk.

He opened the smaller notebook, the right size for short memos or lists, and began writing, his agile fingers quickly flicking the pen across the paper.
His handwriting was rather plain, but perfectly clear, with a slight angular sharpness to it – the mark of one used to taking notes at high speed.

Finished, he stored the pen in the binding, placing the pair on the corner of the desk behind him.

Well there's a face I didn't quite expect to see.
No soda today?
Toshiaki Endō
Toshiaki Endō

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Taira Tue May 06, 2014 3:24 am

Jun cracks a smirk as she reads the message before writing her own on the notebook and passing it back to him.

Her handwriting is precise, practiced, and very easily legible. If it wasn't a bit larger than it needed to be, it would seem almost professional.

I didn't feel like running into any doors.

Last edited by Jun Taira on Tue May 06, 2014 3:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Jun Taira
Jun Taira

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshiaki Endō Tue May 06, 2014 3:29 am

Toshi grinned as he read her reply, writing his own and passing it back.
I see.
That a weekends-only thing?
Toshiaki Endō
Toshiaki Endō

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiberius Hawke Tue May 06, 2014 3:30 am

The door swings open and Hawke saunters in, sporting a suit and tie with a black briefcase. His eyes flick towards Toshiaki and he nods in greeting, placing his briefcase on the teacher's desk at the front of the class. Clearing his throat, he questions "Freshmen English class?"
Tiberius Hawke
Tiberius Hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Taira Tue May 06, 2014 3:35 am

While in the middle of what she was writing, Jun is interupted by this new visitor. She respectfully stops to give him her attention, assuming it's someone important.
Jun Taira
Jun Taira

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshiaki Endō Tue May 06, 2014 3:47 am

Toshi was quite astonished to see Hawke walk through the door, wearing a suit that was not the Yamaku uniform.

Well, that explains why he was so dressed-up this morning, he contemplated.
Not even an hour ago, he had been eating breakfast alongside Hawke.
Just three days ago, he had met Hawke as his floormate, a fellow musician and native English speaker.
And now Hawke was his English teacher?
This school is stranger than I thought after all.

"Yes sir," he answered.

He opened his letter-size notebook with his right hand, laying his pen across the center of the page for now.
He motioned with his left hand behind his back for Jun to keep the small notebook for the moment.
Toshiaki Endō
Toshiaki Endō

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiberius Hawke Tue May 06, 2014 4:10 am

"Well, I'm glad there's a familiar face in my first class." Hawke says gruffly, opening his briefcase. He takes a seat in the chair behind the desk and begins reading a few papers, absent-mindedly adjusting his tie as he waits for more of the class to filter in. He flicks his eyes up to study his two students, and notices a scrap of paper with a few sentences written on it.

Cute.

Hawke harkens back to his days as what would have been his junior year in England, but that involved considerably less paper-passing and a lot more open flirting. He returns his gaze to the papers and frantically tries to finish his lesson preparation.
Tiberius Hawke
Tiberius Hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Taira Tue May 06, 2014 4:16 am

After realizing the man at the front of the class has nothing more to say, she writes something new down.

Only som Is this guy our teacher? He looks a bit young.
And grumpy.
Jun Taira
Jun Taira

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshiaki Endō Tue May 06, 2014 4:39 am

Feeling the notepad prodding his arm, Toshi hesitated to take it for a second.
Although passing notes was really the only way he and she could communicate for now, talking during class wasn't exactly model behavior either.

Oh well, Hawke isn't doing anything yet, one more won't hurt anything.

Toshi took the notepad, quickly scribbled a few lines, and passed it back.

No, he's cool.
Talk later.
Just keep the pad.
Toshiaki Endō
Toshiaki Endō

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Taira Tue May 06, 2014 4:47 am

Jun simply shrugs and gets out her own notebook to work on some build ideas. Doing her best to recall timings and conjure innovative ways to arrange them to her advantage once she gets back to her room. Her notes are quite complicated and incomprehensible to someone who isn't familiar with the game they reffer to. Conveniently though, there's enough calculations involved, it looks very similar to academic homework of somesort.
Jun Taira
Jun Taira

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiberius Hawke Tue May 06, 2014 4:57 am

As the bell rings, the last few dregs of students drags their tired forms through the door, grumbling about the early start. Cracking his knuckles, Hawke stands, holding a sheet of paper in one hand and keeping the other in his pocket.

"Good morning, class." He begins in a strong tone, "Some of you may already know me", Hawke pauses for a split second, making eye contact with Toshi, "but I am Hawke. I am not, however, your teacher. Unfortunately Hansa-sensei has fallen ill and I'm to take his place for the foreseeable future, until he gets better."

Trial by fire seems to be going well so far.

For the most part, the class was quiet and attentive. A few murmurs here and there, but nothing too out of order.

"First things first, I'd like to gauge how well you guys understand English. Could everybody please rise."
Tiberius Hawke
Tiberius Hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshiaki Endō Tue May 06, 2014 5:03 am

Toshi stood, waiting to see what tribulations Hawke would put them through.
Toshiaki Endō
Toshiaki Endō

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Taira Tue May 06, 2014 5:03 am

After a very short pause as she finishes writing a sentence, Jun complies with the request to stand.

I hope this isn't going to be some kind of stupid 'simon says' thing
Jun Taira
Jun Taira

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiberius Hawke Thu May 08, 2014 9:39 am

[After-college naps that have been turning into full nights of sleep have prevented me from replying... forgive meeeeeee]

Hawke clears his throat and begins speaking, in Japanese, "I'd quite like to guage how well you all speak English to begin with, so we're gonna start with a small exercise. I'm going to say a few sentences in English, all with increasing complexity, and I'd like you to sit down as soon as you don't understand the entirety of the sentence. Does everybody understand?"

A few students nod, and Hawke begins in English, "Hello, my name is Hawke." Already, three of the students sit down.

Good start...

"I am going to teach here at Yamaku Academy this year" This time, more of the students sit down. "I used to be a student here.." He says, sounding hopeful at the end of the sentence, only to have his hopes dashed as more than half of the remaining students take a seat, leaving only four left standing. One of which, was Toshiaki.

He switches back to Japanese, "Ok, so most of you understand the present and simple future tenses. That's great, more than I expected. Clearly though, we have a few experienced linguists among us."

Teaching a mixed ability class is going to be hard... How am I supposed to keep the experienced ones interested while I teach the not-so-experienced what the word for 'cat' is?

He clears his throat once more, and asks the four left standing, "Any of you four fluent?"
Tiberius Hawke
Tiberius Hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshiaki Endō Thu May 08, 2014 10:31 am

Toshi watched as the number of those who remained standing quickly dwindled.

This is just pathetic. English is required from 5th grade, so everyone has at least 5 years of practice by now. If they can't even manage that…
Nah. It's not a matter of capacity. It's a matter of application.
Most people won't even really bother with foreign language.
They'll do just enough to scrape by and will never travel outside the country anyway.
They'll end up back in their hometowns, doing the same kinds of jobs their parents did, and their grandparents before that.
So it has always been, so it always shall be…

"I should hope so," he answered flatly.
Toshiaki Endō
Toshiaki Endō

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaim Matsura Thu May 08, 2014 8:19 pm

Kaim was walking by from a gym session, sweated up and in a vest and tracksuit trousers. The scars were visible on his arms and his hands were in his pockets, since he didn't enjoy flaunting out his prosthetics. He knocked before opening the door, but didn't wait for a response. In a perfect Northern accent he spoke:
"[English] Ah, you would be someone to talk to. Who would I ask about the English exam? I mean, it's not like I'll be needing lessons in it, it'd be worth nowt. Also don't look at me like an alien, this is what is called a Northern accent, as Southern English is spoken by ponce's."
Even when speaking a different language, he spoke with his typical flat emotionless tone. If anything, the Northern English amplified just how monotone he was speaking. His manner of speaking certainly differed, but that was most likely due to the change in language and the different nuances you get with that.
Kaim Matsura
Kaim Matsura

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Taira Thu May 08, 2014 9:13 pm

Tiberius Hawke wrote:"I am go-something to something here at Yamaku something something year"
Jun sat down.
Jun Taira
Jun Taira

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshiaki Endō Fri May 09, 2014 6:58 am

Toshiaki was appalled at this… intruder's complete lack of respect. Not to mention navigational skills.

The bigmouth jujutsu guy from the gym yesterday? What the hell?

This guy thinks he can just walk in and talk shit about everyone here?
Interrupting a class for no reason? On the first day, no less?
For a matter that would be handled at the administration office anyway?

What kind of complete fucking idiot asshole is this guy?

Toshiaki, still standing, gave a cold, hard glare in his direction.
Toshiaki Endō
Toshiaki Endō

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaim Matsura Fri May 09, 2014 7:16 am

Kaim was completely aware of his manners. Then again, that didn't bother him.
The guy from yesterday glared at him and Kaim just looked at him emotionless back with a straight face.
Kaim Matsura
Kaim Matsura

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiberius Hawke Fri May 09, 2014 11:03 am

Hawke joins Toshiaki in glaring at the newcomer. The jarring tones of the ingrate that had just stepped through the door still rung in the air as Hawke turned towards the intruder. While Hawke was a kindly person and unlikely to offend somebody intentionally, his Englishman's manners were hardwired into his brain as something akin to primal instincts. He was brought up revering his teachers as minor deities, and would never have dreamed of talking to them out of turn (while they were teaching, that is, outside of school anything was fair game).

Calmly and quietly, Hawke says "One, you intrude upon a class in full swing. Two, you are quite clearly skipping your lessons. Three, your tone and demeanour are not those befitting a student speaking to a teacher. Far from it. Four, you call a TEACHER a ponce."

The class is deathly silent as Hawke treats the newcomer to a deathly gaze, "What's your name?"
Tiberius Hawke
Tiberius Hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaim Matsura Fri May 09, 2014 12:57 pm

"Kaim Matsura. I'm new here. I don't have any lessons since I just joined."
Kaim wasn't particularly fazed by his attitude. He has a backbone, which Kaim appreciated. Some just buckled. Then again school in Japan is probably quite different.
Maybe being open about my thoughts was a bad idea. I wonder how I can recover from this. Got me enough trouble in school at the UK.
Kaim Matsura
Kaim Matsura

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiberius Hawke Sat May 10, 2014 7:41 pm

Hawke, outwardly confident but secretly having absolutely no idea what to do in a situation like this when he was the one in charge, simply pointed to the door, "Out. New or not, it's common courtesy to not barge into a classroom uninvited. Go ask at reception if you want to ask questions about lessons, I have absolutely no idea."

Hawke, mood thoroughly soured, turns back to his English class. "Ok then, I guess we'll start with the basics. The present tense...." He then launches into a lecture he prepared earlier on the hows and whys of the present tense.

[Feel free to interrupt Hawke at any point, I intentionally left it vague as to whether he spoke for five seconds or give hours]
Tiberius Hawke
Tiberius Hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Taira Sat May 10, 2014 7:53 pm

For a short while Jun listened attentively, taking a couple actual notes. But, after a while, she returned to her "notes" and slowly degraded to a point where she only halfheartedly listened to the teacher's lecture.
Jun Taira
Jun Taira

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next