KS: The New Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[OPEN] The Night of Your Life, Act 2

+6
Tiberius Hawke
Sora Kimura
Kaim Matsura
Chiharu Kinai
Sayuri Motozaki
Toshiaki Endō
10 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

[OPEN] The Night of Your Life, Act 2 Empty [OPEN] The Night of Your Life, Act 2

Post by Toshiaki Endō Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:24 pm

The limousine pulled to a stop outside the restaurant at five minutes to ten.

Toshiaki stepped out of the door, holding it for the others.

A portly man in a dark tuxedo with slicked-back hair and a waxed moustache walked out of the front door of the restaurant.

"Monsieur Endō? Right this way, please."
Toshiaki Endō
Toshiaki Endō

http://missingpagesroleplay.com/u27

Back to top Go down

[OPEN] The Night of Your Life, Act 2 Empty Re: [OPEN] The Night of Your Life, Act 2

Post by Sayuri Motozaki Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:38 pm

Sayuri wheels herself out of the limo. This looks like a nice enough place.
Sayuri Motozaki
Sayuri Motozaki

Back to top Go down

[OPEN] The Night of Your Life, Act 2 Empty Re: [OPEN] The Night of Your Life, Act 2

Post by Chiharu Kinai Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:16 pm

Chiharu gives Toshi a nod of thanks for holding the door as she walks out on to the sidewalk. Rather than walking ahead she steps to the side to adjust the bag on her shoulder. It was a moderately sized dark grey bag with a long strap that allowed it to hang just below her hip and the part of it that held the contents was visually closer to a messenger bag than to a purse.
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaim Matsura Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:54 pm

Kaim walked out the car calmly, observing the surroundings. It was of a typical western fashion he was familiar to back home in England, which he wasn't sure if he was a fan of.
He gave a slight nod to Toshiaki for holding the door and proceeded inside.
Kaim Matsura
Kaim Matsura

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshiaki Endō Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:34 am

"Juste un moment, Monsieur," Toshiaki answered.

Toshiaki placed his hand on Kaim's shoulder, stopping him for a moment.
You're the one I'm most concerned about.

He turned to the others as they exited the limousine, speaking softly.

"Now, I don't know how much you all get out, or if you pay any attention to haute cuisine, but before we go in, you should know this: the original Bernardin has been considered by many the best restaurant in New York for thirty-five years. It is, no doubt, among the very finest restaurants in the world.

"The Sendai Bernardin may not be quite as exclusive as its parent, but it lives up to the reputation. I assure you, we are all in for a wonderful treat tonight.

"So please… no one do anything to get us kicked out.
I would greatly prefer not to be banned from the place."

He patted Kaim on the shoulder, then removed his hand.

"Let's have a good time."

With that, he turned back to face the soft golden light streaming from the windowfront and walked to the entrance.

"Mesdemoiselles et Messieurs, bienvenues au Bernardin," the portly doorman said.

Last edited by Toshiaki Endō on Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:55 am; edited 3 times in total
Toshiaki Endō
Toshiaki Endō

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Kimura Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:46 am

I nod at Endo when he finishes his request that we, to summarize, don't be stupid.
I proceed to walk in with the others as I wonder what "bienvenues au" means. "Welcome to," maybe? That'd make sense.
Sora Kimura
Sora Kimura

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:48 am

Chiharu lets out a soft smile as she responds with a slightly awkward and quiet, "Merci."
She then takes the lead in through the door, but then steps aside from the walk way to look around and wait to be shown to their table.

A picture of the dining room.:
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiberius Hawke Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:09 pm

Hawke steps out of the limousine into the slightly chilly night air, and adjusts his blazer to sit more comfortably across his broad shoulders. He rakes his gaze along the exterior of the fancy restaurant, and lets out a sigh of content. He was used to places like this, while his parents were far from refined he'd more than once been dragged to "official" lunches and dinners with his father's business partners outside of the world of music.

"Bonsoir, monsieur." He says to the maitre d', giving him a smile. "Nous nous demandons pardon, monsier, mes amies ne parlent pas français."

Hawke sidles through the door with the rest of the party, and holds the door open for the rest of the group, specifically the birthday girl, of whom he gives a smile to when she passes.

"Not bad, eh?"
Tiberius Hawke
Tiberius Hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayuri Motozaki Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:18 pm

Sayuri nods appreciatively as she wheels herself inside. "This place looks beautiful."
Sayuri Motozaki
Sayuri Motozaki

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshiaki Endō Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:17 pm

"But of course, Monsieur. 'Tis merely a tradition, no need to worry," the doorman said, smiling.

Toshiaki followed the others into the restaurant.
"Merci bien, Monsieur," he said as he passed through the door.

"Not bad, eh?"
"This place looks beautiful."

Toshiaki grinned, satisfied with his work.

As the maître d'hôtel – a tall, thin man with greying hair – came to greet them, the last notes of the Allegro of Boccherini's String Quintet in E Major could be heard playing softly in the background. The Minuetto began, and Toshiaki had to keep himself from bursting out laughing.
Too perfect.
Just don't make him get snooty.

"Bonsoir, Mesdemoiselles et Messieurs. Would you prefer the main room, the lounge, or the Salon Bordeaux?"

Toshiaki looked to the others – especially Sayuri – for their opinions.
Toshiaki Endō
Toshiaki Endō

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaim Matsura Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:39 pm

Kaim chuckled in a low tone and nodded in reply at his comrade Toshiaki giving the warning.
He was by no means a stranger to places like these. He sometimes went on a night out with his then girlfriend Alyssa sometimes at some of the finer places in England. It was not Masterchef level places where the wine was more expensive than the food, but it came close.

He waited for Sayuri's response to where they sat.
He would prefer somewhere where the group was secluded from any other customers, but those were just his personal preferences.
Kaim Matsura
Kaim Matsura

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayuri Motozaki Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:11 pm

Sayuri thinks for a moment. "Hmm...the Salon Bordeaux might be nice. We could get some peace and quiet to ourselves."
Sayuri Motozaki
Sayuri Motozaki

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshiaki Endō Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:54 am

Toshiaki nodded to the maître d', confirming what appeared to be the consensus.

"Excellent. Right this way, Mademoiselle," he said as he led them down a hallway away from the main room, around to the back of the restaurant.

:

A single long table sat in the middle of the room, set to accommodate just such a party. Two other members of the staff quickly cleared away the extra chairs and settings. The gallery windows at the opposite end of the room provided a wide view of the glowing skyline set against the night sky, the street a story below.

"Will this be satisfactory?" he asked.
Toshiaki Endō
Toshiaki Endō

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:37 am

Just as the door to the limousine opens the sound of a blocked sniff sounds from the dead-looking fella.

*Sni-KEH*

I pull the tissue from my nose.

*Sniff-sniff*

I sit up, looking curious.

*E* "I smell noms..."

Immediately after my proclaiming, English statement, my head turns toward the open door.

*"..Le..Bern-..awwww~French noms."

*J*Damn this head of mine...

My feet move with little resistance, despite my wish for Italian food.

I suppose I'll be able to find something I like. This place is expensive after all.

It does not really make me feel any better, though.

Often times, when I go to an expensive restaurant, it is pointlessly mega-expensive because of its somewhat better food and usually has a small amount of choices on the menu.

I step outside of the limo and toss the tissue into the trash on the way in.

The decor looks nice. Definitely one of the best I have seen.

Lets see about the food...

I sit down at the very end.
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Sayuri Motozaki Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:33 pm

"This will do nicely, thank you." Sayuri positions herself near the middle of the table, in one of the gaps left after the removal of the extra chairs. She takes a menu and begins browsing through it.
Sayuri Motozaki
Sayuri Motozaki

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaim Matsura Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:38 pm

Kaim nodded in thanks to the person guiding them. He sat next to empty seats and idly looked at the menu while the rest of the posse came to sit on chairs and such.
Kaim Matsura
Kaim Matsura

Back to top Go down

Post by Wade Wilson Jr. Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:57 pm

Once everyone is seated, a young man a neat, formal black suit approaches them, with a bunch of menus with today's specialties in his left hand and a white cloth hanging around his left arm, as is proper for the waiters in an expensive place like this. His posture is perfect, his outfit - impeccable, and his styled hair makes him look a bit like a butler from a shoujo anime series. He approaches the group and places a menu in front of each of them.

'Bienvenue sur Le Bernardin. Puis-je prendre votre commande?' he asks without a hint of accent in his voice.

Finally, his poker face gives in as Wade's mouth curves into a grin.
Wade Wilson Jr.
Wade Wilson Jr.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:12 pm

(For those of you who don't feel like finding the menu yourself, here it is.)

While sitting across the table from Hawke, Chiharu looks at Wade when he hands her the menu and continues to look at him as he circles the table. When he stops and asks his question in french, her only reaction is to blink a few times, look around, look back at him, look at Hawke, and then finally look back at Wade.

"What!?"
She coughs a little before continuing.
"Eh, would you recommend?"
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiberius Hawke Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:18 pm

Hawke takes a seat aroundabout the middle of the table, placing himself in a position where he will easily be able to hear everybody. He grins at Chiharu when she sits opposite him, then his mouth drops when Wade walks in.

"Wade?!" He says incredulously.
Tiberius Hawke
Tiberius Hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Wade Wilson Jr. Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:34 pm

'The one and only!' Wade exclaims proudly. 'I mean, who did you think they'd get to work in a French restaurant than a bona fide Canadian? I mean, we DO speak French there as well, you know...'

Next, he turns to Chiharu. 'Well, if I'm to be perfectly honest, mademoiselle, today's specialties are a fantastique place to start! My personal recommendation is the lobster lasagna, which tastes just as good as it sounds'
Wade Wilson Jr.
Wade Wilson Jr.

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:26 pm

"But...isn't French Canadian kind of different?"

I may be completely awful at anything other than the three languages I know but I have heard that from somewhere before.

My eyes drift up and down on Wade.

"Wow Wilson, you look good for once!"

An over-the-top smile presses on my face while both of my thumbs stick up at him.
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshiaki Endō Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:27 pm

Toshiaki unbuttoned his jacket and seated himself in the empty chair next to Chiharu and across from Sayuri.
Been a long time since I've been here.
I'm killing my savings for a while, but this is so worth it.

He quietly observed their conversation with the waiter.
Well this is a surprise. Is he a Yamaku student too?
Toshiaki Endō
Toshiaki Endō

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaim Matsura Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:30 pm

Kaim was completely blanking their frankly bizarre what seemed to be a catch-up session. He was the new guy after all, what was he meant to say?

"I think I will take up the offer of the lobster lasagna then. It does sound nice." He spoke in his usual passive tone. He wasn't sure if to feel awkward, but getting a waiter to do the job they were paid to do may be a start.
Kaim Matsura
Kaim Matsura

Back to top Go down

Post by Wade Wilson Jr. Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:42 pm

Satoshi Veach wrote:"But...isn't French Canadian kind of different?"

'Shh, now! Don't let my boss know!' he grins.

Satoshi Veach wrote:"Wow Wilson, you look good for once!"

'Please tell me you're not hitting on me, Veach... I mean, I know I'm irresistible, but if you want to flirt with me, make sure you leave a nice tip at the end of your visit' Wade chuckles before turning to the two guys in the crowd that he doesn't know. 'It's a real pleasure to meet ya! You must be Tristan and Luke! My friends here have told me so little about you! I'm Wade Wilson, the manwhore with a mouth. I'm sure m reputation precedes me!'
Wade Wilson Jr.
Wade Wilson Jr.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora Kimura Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:48 pm

I seat myself next to Endo before being confused as to why everybody finds the waiter's identity so significant.
Come to think of it... I've seen him at Yamaku before.
Wait... Wade Wilson...
The guy that had an extremely low exams score.
Someone with said low score doesn't seem like the same person that should be taking a job that requires a fair bit of composure. What he says confirms as much; he's not nearly as formal as his occupation.

I guess that's fine.
Sora Kimura
Sora Kimura

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next