KS: The New Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[OPEN] Polishing Day 2

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[OPEN] Polishing Day 2 Empty [OPEN] Polishing Day 2

Post by Ichiko Asari Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:32 pm

Ichiko has decided that her bionic arm is due for another polish and clean, and so she is headed up towards the roof, carrying her can of polish and her cloth. At first she wasn't sure if returning to the roof for her second "Polishing Day" at Yamaku was a good idea, since the first one was interrupted halfway through, but thinking back to her chats with Nayumi, she has decided that she doesn't care all that much if someone interrupts her polishing. It would at least make for an interesting discussion point, as it did with Yuuji. Nayumi herself seemed rather surprised that Ichiko's arm was detachable; no doubt her own body had not been built that way.

Ichiko opens the door to the rooftop to find that there is already someone up there. She pauses, then says, "Oh...I didn't realize there'd be someone up here. I can come back later."
Ichiko Asari
Ichiko Asari

Back to top Go down

[OPEN] Polishing Day 2 Empty Re: [OPEN] Polishing Day 2

Post by Chiharu Kinai Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:06 am

[Here I go again, reviving dead threads. But I was going to start one on the roof anyways. So why not?]

Since it would be a day or two before she could get a replacement set of head phones, Chiharu simply had to push through her days, however annoying they may be. After a long day at school Chiharu was dissapointed that she could not come back to her dorm and have some peace, for a few doors down someone decided to play some heavy metal music. So she decided to try the one place that has been a refuge for her consistently during lunch.

She brought a few books with her with the intention to read them, along with a box of strawberries with the intention to eat them. She felt like doing neither. So instead she simply decided to lay down on top of the pavement and relax to the sound of the waves of trees embracing the summer's breeze.

After taking a breath, she responds with a quiet and soft tone.
"I have no more right to this roof than you do."
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichiko Asari Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:38 am

"Oh...okay! Do you mind if I quickly polish my arm while I'm up here? It's overdue for a clean." She points out her skeletal cybernetic arm, and the polishing cloth and bottle of polish in her other hand.
Ichiko Asari
Ichiko Asari

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:46 am

<Polish her Huh?>
The seemingly ridiculous statement forced Chiharu to stop staring at the sky and partially sit up to look at her visitor. Her face betrays her mixed feelings of mild surprise and excitement as she says, "Yeah sure. Go ahead."
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichiko Asari Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:11 am

"Okay, thanks!" Ichiko sits down on one of the benches, placing the polish and cloth to one side. For a few moments she fiddles with the cybernetic arm at the place where it meets her flesh, and then with a click it completely detaches, leaving just a base plate embedded in the tiny stump of her arm, to which the cybernetic arm re-attaches. Ichiko then lays the detached arm on her lap, picks up the bottle of polish, gives it a little shake and sprays part of the upper arm. Putting the polish down, she then picks up the polishing cloth and starts caressing the bare metal, all without a single thought as to how absurd this must look to Chiharu.
Ichiko Asari
Ichiko Asari

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:18 am

While holding herself in a sitting position by wrapping her arms around her legs, Chiharu watches intently for quite a while before abruptly breaking the silence, however quiet her voice may be.
"How often do you do this?"
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichiko Asari Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:23 am

"Hmm? Oh, about every month or so. I have to do it regularly or the dirt builds up and jams the mechanisms, and also it won't look as shiny." Ichiko carefully turns the arm over, using the polishing cloth to avoid getting fingerprints on it, then sprays another section ready for polishing.
Ichiko Asari
Ichiko Asari

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:39 am

Other than occasionally fidgeting with her skirt, chiharu seems quite focused.
"Do you know how to fix it? if it jams that is... or do you need someone else for that?"
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichiko Asari Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:45 am

"No, if it actually breaks down or something I'll need a biomechanical engineer to repair it and that'd be expensive. That's why I have to clean it ever now and again, to make sure that that doesn't happen."
Ichiko Asari
Ichiko Asari

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:41 pm

Chiharu then turns back towards the sky and puts her hands behind her head to act as pillows.
"Have you ever thought about learning to do it yourself? How much would that even take?"
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichiko Asari Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:44 pm

"I dunno, but I'm sure repairing this thing if it breaks wouldn't be very easy with only one hand."
Ichiko Asari
Ichiko Asari

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:51 pm

<oh shit sorry>
Chiharu furrows her brow slightly as she says, "Oh, I didn't think about that... Sorry"

<I wonder when I'm going to get used to this place>
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichiko Asari Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:03 pm

"Ah, don't worry about it! I know my limits, I don't care if people bring 'em up!"
Ichiko Asari
Ichiko Asari

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:38 pm

After a long moment of silence, chiharu sits up again and says, "Hey, when you're done with that, would you like some strawberries? I brought some up here."
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichiko Asari Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:01 pm

"Sure I would! Thanks!" Ichiko carefully turns her arm over again to polish another spot. There isn't much left to polish now.
Ichiko Asari
Ichiko Asari

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:28 pm

When Chiharu got up and went over to the bench that she set her stuff down on, she realized one of the two books she brought up was the wrong one.
<Didn't I return that? Huh, must've accidentally grabbed the wrong one. Kinda ironic though, that I would bring up a book about cybernetics and be talking to the very girl that inspired me to get the book in the first place. Is that ironic? OH Shut Up!>
She eventually puts the book back down and grabs the box of strawberries to then make her way over to her visitor. Sitting alongside of her, Chiharu holds the box closed until Ichiko is finished, and only then openning it and holding it up for her to grab the first one.
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichiko Asari Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:42 pm

Having finished polishing her arm, Ichiko glances at her tiny stump, and the base plate embedded in it. "I should probably clean this as well, while I'm at it..." With an air of reluctance, Ichiko sprays the plate and wipes it clean with the cloth. This seems to be rather uncomfortable for her, however it only takes a few seconds, and then she puts the polish bottle and cloth to one side, picks up her skeletal prosthetic, and reattaches it. Clink.

"That's better," remarks Ichiko, flexing her metallic fingers to check that the arm reattached properly. "Ah! Strawberries!" she exclaims upon seeing the open pot held up by Chiharu. "Thank you~" Ichiko takes one and places it in her mouth. "Mmm...they're delicious!"
Ichiko Asari
Ichiko Asari

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:51 pm

"I've never heard of non-delicious strawberries"
She then takes one for herself and proceeds to relish it's taste as she bites off about 2/3rds of one.
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichiko Asari Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:59 pm

"They don't taste so good when they've gone rotten." With this strangely philosohpical statement Ichiko takes another strawberry.

[Just remembered the Japanese for strawberry is "ichigo"..."Ichiko" means "first child", but still, it's kinda funny, Ichiko eating ichigo Razz ]
Ichiko Asari
Ichiko Asari

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:25 am

"Those don't count!"
Finishing the one she has in her hand and grabbing another to hold it out with three fingers in front of herself.
"You see, something that's rotten really isn't itself anymore. what makes something what it is, is what it does. Strawberries are sweet, tangy, and firm, but a rotten strawberry isn't any of those things, so I think they're just imposters."
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichiko Asari Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:34 am

Ichiko pauses to think about this. "That's a good point, actually. Rotten strawberries aren't really strawberries, then. Okay." Ichiko finishes off her strawberry and takes another.
Ichiko Asari
Ichiko Asari

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:41 am

Chiharu looks over to Ichiko with a soft smile.
"Speaking of names, what's yours?"
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichiko Asari Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:49 am

[Wouldn't they know each other from class? I thought Chiharu and Ichiko were in the same class...]
Ichiko Asari
Ichiko Asari

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiharu Kinai Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:52 am

[They've seen eachother in class, but they've never actually talked to eachother before]
Chiharu Kinai
Chiharu Kinai

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichiko Asari Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:58 am

[Oh, right, okay] "My name is Ichiko Asari! What's yours?" In contrast to Chiharu's soft, gentle smile, Ichiko positively beams.
Ichiko Asari
Ichiko Asari

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next