KS: The New Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Open] Putting Things Off

2 posters

Go down

[Open] Putting Things Off Empty [Open] Putting Things Off

Post by Mihoko Ikina Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:41 am

Mihoko took her seat "It's about time I went over these." she thought as her gaze slowly moved from the stack of papers in front of her to window
"But it's such a nice day outside, what a shame. I HAVE put this off for a bit to long though." she continued in her head. Her gaze moved from the window to the door of the lounge.
"You know, I wouldn't mind an interruption right about now." she said to herself with a sigh as she rested her chin on her palm.
"It would give me an excuse to put these off for a little bit longer at least." she thought.
Mihoko Ikina
Mihoko Ikina

Back to top Go down

[Open] Putting Things Off Empty Re: [Open] Putting Things Off

Post by Kara Rifkin Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:14 am

My experience in the library has been quite enjoyable, though surprisingly busying. The only long period of repose available to me during my shift seems to be as the day is winding down. However today, I have my first task that takes me out of the library. A freshman girl has a book overdue, and even though I'm not entirely certain as to the proper protocol in this situation, the best course of action seems to be to locate the student and remind her of her obligation. While I'm sure she had no malicious intent and merely forgot, I feel I would be somewhat responsible if the book's improper displacement would cause another student distress.

Honestly though, I just wanted an excuse to get out of the library.

The first order of business is finding this student in the first place, and how exactly am I supposed to do that? The teacher's lounge seems like a reasonable place. Perhaps one of them could point me in the right direction.

After rapping upon the door a few times, I simply listen for an answer while standing in the silent hallway.
Kara Rifkin
Kara Rifkin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:51 am

Mihoko was almost frightened by how perfect the timing of the knock was.
"Come in!" she called out.
"Perfect timing!" she thought to her self.
Mihoko Ikina
Mihoko Ikina

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Rifkin Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:09 am

While making my way through the door, I manage to state my purpose.
"Hello. I wondering you could assist me with task?"
I'm not entirely sure why, but I feel the urge to correct myself infront of the teacher. Maybe just to prove that I can. But why? Too late to back out now that I already have a finger held out in front of me as I blurt out, "Let me try that another."
And this time I go quite a bit slower.
"I was wondering if you could help me with something. I have an overdone book here, also I thought perhaps you could help me find the student mature?"
Kara Rifkin
Kara Rifkin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:34 am

"Perfect! The librarian is looking for a student, now I don't have to finish this junk right now! Thank you convenient excuse!" Mihoko though to herself as she stood up.
"Sure thing, I'm not really busy at the moment anyway. Just tell me which student it is you're looking for and I'll help you out as best as I can."
The whole time Mihoko was intrigued by the librarian's odd way of speaking.
"A foreigner huh? Her Japanese isn't too bad, just needs a little work." she thought.
Mihoko Ikina
Mihoko Ikina

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Rifkin Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:41 am

Even though I had looked at the small note in my hand close to a dozen times on my way here, I still couldn't remember the name without looking down at it.
"Ah.. Chiharu Kinai?"
Kara Rifkin
Kara Rifkin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:07 am

"Yes I know Kinai, not very well though.Not sure where she could be either, let me think a second."
Mihoko thought about where Chiharu could be based on what little she knew of her, then answred with
"Well she's obviously not in the library, so hhhmmmmm...the courtyard, her dorm maybe...also I have heard that some students like to go up to the rooftop on occasion so she could be up there too. I'll come help you look, if you don't mind that is. That way you can find Chiharu and I can get a chance to better learn the layout of the school, I am still pretty new here. How bout it?" and smiled.
Mihoko Ikina
Mihoko Ikina

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Rifkin Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:19 am

"Very thank you. Would be nice, yes. So... where do you thought we should start?"
I'm a tad hesitant to accept her help, for her duties as a teacher are more than likely much more pressing a matter than my silly predicament. However if I am going to be giving her a chance to gather her bearings, one could consider it a tour even, I feel quite a bit less selfish.
Kara Rifkin
Kara Rifkin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:29 pm

"Well...I was thinking that I'd let you decide.However if I had to pick,I guess I'd have to say the rooftop." Mihoko respnded
Mihoko Ikina
Mihoko Ikina

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Rifkin Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:51 am

"Roof is close. That seems to be best choice."
I'm also kind of excited to see it myself, after hearing from a few students how it seems to be quite peaceful and reflective. And to think I had a corner on that market.
Kara Rifkin
Kara Rifkin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:20 am

"Alright, the roof it is then" Mihoko said as she moved to door and opened it saying
"After you." and motioned to the opened door.
Mihoko Ikina
Mihoko Ikina

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Rifkin Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:34 am

No matter how much I've tried to not pay any attention to student's disabilities these past couple weeks, I always seem to notice. In my defense as well, I was definitely not expecting to have to worry about such a thing with one of the staff members, and it caught me off guard somewhat as she came out from behind her desk. Although it was only a second before I regathered myself and made my way out the door.

"Since have you been here?"
Kara Rifkin
Kara Rifkin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:11 am

"Huh? oh you were asking how long I've been here?" Mihoko said as she walked down the hallway, her subtle limp showing to any paying attention.
"Well, I arrived and got my things moved into my apartment only a few days ago, and this was my first day teaching. Not long I'd have to say."
They walked for a moment before Mihoko said
"So, you noticed my leg huh? I noticed you trying to look like you didn't notice. It's alright it doesn't bother me any more. I've had it since I was about 5 years old,but it does seem to unnerve some people a little so that's why I wear things like this." and she smoothed/motioned to her ankle length skirt.
"Like I said no worries, doesn't bother me in the slightest." she added with a smile, then after a slight pause she said
"Besides the way I see it, that kinda makes us even. Now we've noticed something about each other right off the bat. Speaking of that, I noticed that your Japanese needs a little work. I was wondering where you're from, If you don't mind me asking that is."
Mihoko Ikina
Mihoko Ikina

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Rifkin Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:25 am

"America, wisconsin especially. Also, is it very that bad?"
I hope it's atleast understandable, it would be quite embarrassing if I was talking gibberish to a teacher this entire time.
Kara Rifkin
Kara Rifkin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:13 am

"Wow,America huh? How'd you end up a librarian at a school in Japan? As for your Japanese, it's not to bad. I can understand what you're trying to say at least, though you might confuse some of the students. Your Japanese just needs a little polishing up. Some of your words or meanings I guess you could say, are just a little misplaced. Out of order so to speak.Don't be too embarrassed though, I bet my English isn't the best." Mihoko replied.
"Oh! By the way, I'm Ikina, Mihoko. Whats your name? I only know that you're the librarian."
"I bet she has a really neat name, a lot of foreigners do." she thought to herself.
Mihoko Ikina
Mihoko Ikina

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Rifkin Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:38 am

I respond to her introduction with a handshake and an introduction of my own, "Kara Rifkin. Is pleasure to meet you."
Afterwhich I try to hint towards the fact that I am quite undoubtably more comfortable conversing in english than I am in japanese, however the subtlety may be lost in my translation.
"You know, I would not bothered if practice your english with me"
Kara Rifkin
Kara Rifkin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:12 am

[OCC: I'll use {} around what is being said to indicate when Mihoko is speaking in English]

Mihoko was slightly flustered, she wasn't quite expecting that.
"Well...I guess that wouldn't be so bad,it would be a good chance to strengthen my English. BUT! that also means you also have to practice your Japanese with me when I'm not working on my English."
then in her best English she added
{"We have...contract?"}
Mihoko Ikina
Mihoko Ikina

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Rifkin Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:30 am

{That seems to be quite a reasonable agreement, if I do say so myself. Oh, I was also wondering, what subject do you teach here at Yamaku?}

I do hope she doesn't mind conversing like this all that much.
Kara Rifkin
Kara Rifkin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:40 am

{"I teach about the history. It is one of the thing that bring...uhhh...me so much joy that I can not get...uhhh...enough of it."}
"Boy, I'm pretty rusty on my English. This is a little harder than I thought"
Then Mihoko asked
"Did I get that right? Sorry I haven't really had any chances to practice my English. It's been a while."
Mihoko Ikina
Mihoko Ikina

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Rifkin Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:58 am

I let out a smile and try to ease the situation.
{It was alright, I could quite easily understand what it was you were trying to convey. As long as you're not trying to become an english teacher as well, I think you will be just fine.}
Kara Rifkin
Kara Rifkin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:04 am

{"No..ah..I am just teach...uhh...the history class is...ah...fine for me."} she said with a smile, knowing her English wasn't the best.
Mihoko Ikina
Mihoko Ikina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down