KS: The New Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[READ FIRST] The Ultimate Guide to Newbies

Go down

[READ FIRST] The Ultimate Guide to Newbies Empty [READ FIRST] The Ultimate Guide to Newbies

Post by Raiden Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:36 am

THE ULTIMATE GUIDE FOR NEWBIES

Hey there, and welcome to "KS: The New Generation"! My name is Raiden and I, alongside NorX, SilentFox and Subverse, am an admin of the forum! I've noticed that a lot of people tend to be a little confused by the layout and rules, or outright don't know how forum roleplaying works in the first place! There's nothing wrong with that, of course, but it does lead to us losing a lot of potential members (people making an account, but not a character, or people not using their character much because they don't know how to make threads, etc). That's why I decided to make this handy-dandy guide which will walk you from your forum registration through the creation of your character and will end when you create your first open thread! So, without further ado, let's get started!

I. RESEARCH

Before you even register on the forum, you'll have a little bit of work to do. Namely, you'll need to read the Ruleset and some information about the Setting of the forum. I think now it's important to note that although the forum is heavily inspired by the visual novel "Katawa Shoujo", you do NOT need to have read it in order to have fun, as none of its characters will appear, and none of the events from there will be referenced in any way, so don't worry about it. All done? Everything alright? Good! Then let's get started!

II. INVENTING YOUR CHARATER

Now comes the fun part - you'll get to think of your own character! If you already know EXACTLY who you want to play, then go ahead and skip to step III, but if not, I'm here to help! Start with the basics - male or female? Approximate age? Are they a student or an adult? If they're a student, do they study in elementary school, high school or university? If they're an adult, what's their profession? If you're struggling with coming up with a profession, here is a handy-dandy list that will help! Once you know what your character is, time to figure out who they are! Try to come up with a cool personality for them - quirky and deep characters are always welcome here! If they're a student, try to think about whether or not they have a disability. Try to decide how exactly that disability defined them and helped shape them into the person they are. Once you're confident that you have a character you'd love to play, it's time to come up with a name for them!

III. REGISTERING AND SUBMITTING

Time to create your forum account! The process is extremely simple and straightforward - just click "Register" from the top bar and follow the steps. The only important thing to remember is that you should absolutely name your profile after your character! Since there's only one character allowed per account, each account you make must bear the name of your character. After registering and confirming your account by clicking on the link sent on your e-mail, you should go into your profile options (just click Profile below the logo) and add some info, such as gender, location, humor, etc. You should also place an avatar picture that represents your character (if you can't draw one or have someone draw you one, you can always use an image site such as DeviantArt, Pixiv, Gelbooru or even Google Images to find the perfect picture). Once that's done, it's time to complete your character application! First of all, copy this form and paste it into a new thread created right here and titled with your character name. After that, simply fill it out using the instructions found in this guide. Once that's done, simply submit and wait! Now, the trick of this forum is that, since we have three admins, you should get the approval of at least two of them before you're allowed to roleplay. This might take a little while, but we usually try to approve them within a few hours or so if they're good enough, and if they're not, we'll give you some tips on how to improve them, and the rest is up to you. We'll almost never outright deny characters permanently, so don't worry about that. An average profile takes about a day or so to get approved. Meanwhile, you can come hang out at the OOC area - just make a thread introducing yourself or something like that. Once two admins have given their approval, your thread will be moved into the Approved Characters section, and that's when the fun really begins!

IV. MAKING YOUR FIRST THREAD

My first advice towards newcomers is to make an open thread somewhere. For high school students, it should probably be the courtyard, and for everyone else, I'd recommend the park. Just go there and create a new thread, fill out a short description of what's going on and post it! Just make sure to put an [OPEN] tag somewhere in the title! To learn more about tagging threads, just read this guide right here! An Open thread is one where anyone can join, so those are usually responded to quickly, but it also involves a bit of a risk (after all, you don't know who'll respond)! If you're not much of a risktaker, there's always the Wanna RP subforum where you can discuss some ideas with everyone and have an RP or two set up beforehand. How you go about it is up to you! Once you make your first thread, everyone at "KS: The New Generation" can officially tell you...

WELCOME ABOARD!
Raiden
Raiden
Admin

https://ksnewgen.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down