KS: The New Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Private] Suicide is Painless

Go down

[Private] Suicide is Painless Empty [Private] Suicide is Painless

Post by Eric Grimm Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:41 pm

Death was surprisingly painless in Eric's opinion.

As he had flown through the air, Eric had expected blinding pain to envelop him.. but nothing came. As he lay there, conciousness slipping away from him, he had stared at the patterns the lake of blood steadily expanding from his abdomen were making in the tarmac. He imagined a great flood passing over the land, purging everything in its path. He imagined all the pain, hurt and sorrow seeping out of him alongside his lifeblood.

His crimes were paid for by his blood, just as Jesus' had paid for the world's sins.

A calm settled over Eric in his dying moments; he was finally at peace with himself.

As the world slowly faded away, it was replaced by a familiar New York street. It was no ordinary street, it was immaculately clean; no graffiti, no overflowing trash cans, nothing. However, the street is far from silent. Shouts and screams can be heard all around, and a regular, faint sound not dissimilar to an old-school camera flash can be heard every thirty seconds or so.

Eric slowly sits up and blearily looks around. He looks at his body and finds himself uninjured. He gets up and stares around the street, and his eyes fall upon a figure.

"Tansy?" He calls out, unsure of the identity of the person.

Tansy was a girl he spent much of his time in New York with; she was the daughter of the man he murdered. She was his best friend and companion throughout the happiest year of his life; performing in the dead of night and exploring the streets of New York with his newly-acquired cat and Tansy.

Last edited by Eric Grimm on Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Eric Grimm
Eric Grimm

Back to top Go down

[Private] Suicide is Painless Empty Re: [Private] Suicide is Painless

Post by Eric Grimm Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:13 am

The slightly smoky-looking Tansy looks up at Eric, and looks pissed off.

"Why'd you kill yourself, eejit?" She says in her Irish drawl.

"I-.... I thought it would be best. I'm an evil person, those people I killed... I deserved it."

She looks unimpressed. "That it?"

"I killed those people, Tans." Eric says, with a dark look. "I killed your father, and countless other people. I murdered my own colleagues at school. I killed people with families and frie-"

"Not any more." She says, interrupting his flow. "They're all alive and well. This is your chance to set things right in your life. Put your past life behind you, leave Eric behind."

"I can't just ignore what I've done!" He says with a snarl. The camera flashes and screams get quieter, and a long beep can be heard. "I remember every slice, every punch and every single scream. Those memories are still there."

"Why do you think the world has turned upside down?"

"Because Takeshi had some kind of machine to make it so.... right?" Eric says, furrowing his brow in confusion.

"There was no machine, dummy. The world has given you a second chance - a chance to live a normal life. Some sort of premature reincarnation."

A flash of white crosses Eric's vision, and a white surface comes into vision, with people wearing surgical masks crowd around him, only to disappear seconds later.

"A second... chance?" He says, blinking hard and shaking his head.

"Yeah, dummy. Those murders didn't happen - you didn't murder anyone. I don't give two craps if you remember them - as far as the rest of the world is concerned, they didn't happen."

She walks up to Eric and holds his hand, "Eric, Elodien, whatever, you're a nice guy beneath your hard exterior. You've been treated badly, but you can fix this. Give it a chance; you might find you enjoy a normal life." She says with a smile.

He's waking up!

Another white flash interrupts Eric's vision, accompanied with a pain in his abdomen.

When the world returns to normal, he smiles at his old friend. "I could have put things right, started afresh. Made something of myself."

"That's right old buddy, and you still can. When your head's sorted out come see your ol' pal-" She says, slowly her voice slowly fading into nothing.

Eric awakes in a white room, in a bed with green covers. In his arm is a drip, and a figure in a white coat is next to him, shining a bright light into his eyes, accompanied by a woman in a blue uniform who is hastily writing things down on a notepad.

"Welcome back to the land of the living, son." The doctor says with a smile, and checks Eric's pulse.

"I'm not... dead?" Eric says, looking confused.

"Not just yet!" The doctor says with a laugh, "Our paramedics saved you at the scene." His face turns serious, "Eye-witnesses say you stepped out in front of the bus. Tell me it was an accident... right?"

Eric gazes into the man's eyes - the same green as Tansy's was, then looks away.

The world has given you a second chance - a chance to live a normal life.

He looks back to the doctor, "Yeah, an accident... A mistake." He says, almost a whisper. "How long... how long ago was it?"

"You've been in a coma-like state for a week," He says, looking grave, "We registered unusual amounts of brain activity though - strange for a coma. We'll need to run a few tests before we can let you go, but you should be up and about in a few days."

The pair's eyes meet, "Thank... thank you, doctor." He says simply. "Thank you for saving me."

Saving me from more than death...

"It's my job." He says simply, and holds out Eric's chart. "The question is though... what do I write here? Nobody has reported you missing." He says, while pointing to the section marked "Name".

He pauses for a few seconds.

"Vasburg. Elodien Vasburg." He says, then his conciousness slips away from him, returning to the world of dreams for a spell.
Eric Grimm
Eric Grimm

Back to top Go down