KS: The New Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Private] El Condor Pasa

2 posters

Go down

[Private] El Condor Pasa  Empty [Private] El Condor Pasa

Post by Izumi Inaba Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:37 am

[The parsing of this thread is going to be my take on the style of one of my friends. A "Cover" of writing if you will. Not sure if it will be any good, however it's always nice to try something new. Also, I am well aware of what I typed about being concise, however in order to experiment with this little idea, I need to do it in the way I am most comfortable I believe.]

The break had been a graceful relief from the shackles that kept Izumi so tightly bound. The outside world was cruel to most of its inhabitants and whilst he was aware of the elements he cared not a bit as he relished in these facts with great bravado. He could be found for hours on end merely walking, destination unknown simply basking in the exterior he found blessed joy in.

I'd rather be a sparrow than a snail.
Yes I would,
If I could,
I surely would.

Not too long ago, he had known the horizon, the sky above welcomed him and his acquaintances with a keen eye and outstretched arms. The clouds were his guide and he allowed them to lead him on with only the will to take on turbulence and the convictions that not even the looming inevitability that he knows so much about can shatter.

I'd rather be a hammer than a nail.
Yes I would,
If I only could,
I surely would.

Never one to allow authorities restraint to constrain him he constantly found ways to use the loose rules the school had to escape every so often. During his scout days he was the one to create the initiative, to take his troop to places no other troop had ever covered. That was how he got to the ranks he had risen.  Simply twisting the rules in ways that even the word loophole would be a insult. To forge ahead without fear was his way, the active fellowship with the land and those he had taken with him to follow.

Away, I'd rather sail away
Like a swan that's here and gone
A man gets tied up to the ground
He gives the world
Its saddest sound,
Its saddest sound.

I'd rather be a forest than a street.
Yes I would.
If I could,
I surely would.

There wasn't much fellowship in the distant asphalt canvas that was the streets he was currently on. Yet, he went on, giving it the same respect as the woodlands he gave great respect to. He knew exactly why he was bound here, why he had came and what plagued him so. His sight was affected by the colors his eyes shared or rather didn't share. His mother's gift to him. His greatest fear. What took him away from all of the wonders he once beheld was the curse that could only be eased. He will surely become void to the world soon when his sight fails him. That is why he took in what all he could now and all he ever took in was a point of principle. He refused to take for granted the gift of life. Every minute was sixty seconds worth of distance ran. Sixty seconds worth of sights perceived, ideas thought, dreams reviewed.

He walked on trying to feel the same about the town he found himself in than the world he left behind. It's been almost two years now and yet a great unease still bothered him.

"What about touch?" Those were the words Chiharu had spoken before she begun holding his hand. He could easily describe how that felt and it felt wonderful. Yet, the ground beneath him now as he wandered could not be defined. He could not feel what the ground felt like here. It was all too foreign to him, all too strange. He knew every nook and cranny. Found places people never seem to find in all their years of life but he could not feel his feet here. By the same token, he lacked the ability to perceive for the moment that someone was closing in behind him. Finding his feet would have to wait.

I'd rather feel the earth beneath my feet,
Yes I would.
If I only could,
I surely would.  
Izumi Inaba
Izumi Inaba

Back to top Go down

[Private] El Condor Pasa  Empty Re: [Private] El Condor Pasa

Post by Riye Asano Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:32 pm

The jangle of pocket change against pocket change is heard as a young choltosses some into my open gym bag. Around me are a large amount of wine glasses with water in them. My hands float across the rims of them and a sound like a glockenspiel or steel drum being played in a cavern is heard resonating from them.

A small crowd surrounds me in the heat. My rainstick leans up against the wall and I finish The Beatles "For No One" to scattered applause and a woot or two. The crowd begins to disperse as I pause for a good break.

A youth with red hair catches my eye. His eyes are different colors... Fascinating... I slowly lift myself off of the ground and as he passes, I begin to trail him down the street. The boy is so engaged in thought, he doesn't quite notice me walking right behind him.
Riye Asano
Riye Asano

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:27 am

Coming into the interval of the early afternoon, the walk felt no more weary than when it was began. The walk was not one of preference but a matter of principle. If it was based upon preference he'd not be within the confines of the concrete amalgamation. The numbness of his feet reminded him of this fact. The incessant clicking and clacking of each step no matter how light dimmed his thoughts to mere visions instead of clear works. It seemed to multiply greatly and he became aware of that around him once more, the propensity of the sound frittering away.

Perchance there was another around him, the sounds didn't exactly coincide with his own movements. For every second click, there was a clack. For every second clack there was a click. He decided to put this theory of to the test without turning however odd that would be. He simply blurted a general statement directed at no-one, unless there was one. The one behind or nearby.

"I hope you're reveling in your walk and catching all there is to dream within it."
Izumi Inaba
Izumi Inaba

Back to top Go down

Post by Riye Asano Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:36 am

Fetching my gym bag and rainstick before following, after a while the boy speaks to the open air around him and I squeak in surprise and cease my movement before catching up to him, by his side.

"..... I.... don't quite understand? Sorry for following you. I...tend to do that..."

And then I shush. I feel like I'm making a fool of myself.

"If you don't mind me asking...how did you acquire those eyes... ? They're something new to me and I tend to collect rarities."
Riye Asano
Riye Asano

Back to top Go down

Post by Izumi Inaba Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:57 am

At this very point, he felt relieved that it was indeed another person and not the result of staying in figurative space for as long as he had. Traveling very much alone had the same effect if one was confined alone. A certain shade of madness could possibly occur, by chance this was avoided this time.

"It is mostly genetic. My mother passed down a set of genes that contained the phenotype. My case is a stranger one as it is both genetic and acquired, however at the same time. The current coloration was caused by a fault in the DNA's mosaic. My mother had green in one eye and brown in the other. My father a very verdant green, almost emerald. However whilst I had inherited the traits mothers eyes had, the colors were much different as the pigments within them bled. I had a mutation and I obtained the red/blue pairing I am wearing now as you see me. Doctors couldn't explain any better than that, it just is." Izumi stated, very reluctant to turn towards the voice, but acquiesced due to etiquette more than the state of being comfortable. Izumi always held doubts upon meeting others for the first time unless he initiated the conversation in an boredom-induced irony.
Izumi Inaba
Izumi Inaba

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down