KS: The New Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Private] Tuition

2 posters

Go down

[Private] Tuition Empty [Private] Tuition

Post by Eric Grimm Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:19 am

At around 5pm on a friday afternoon Eric finds himself at the door of Ikina-sensei's apartment, readying himself to knock. Since their first meeting Eric hadn't heard or seen the woman, and decided to pay her a visit to sort out the logistics of their tutoring sessions.
Life is going pretty well for Eric at this point; his job at the Shanghai is easy work - nobody ever seems the come in - and it pays enough for him to get by and even save up a little extra cash.
Straughtening his jacket, Eric raises his hand to the door and knocks three times, hoping that she had retufned from the school by now.

Last edited by Eric Grimm on Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Eric Grimm
Eric Grimm

Back to top Go down

[Private] Tuition Empty Re: [Private] Tuition

Post by Mihoko Ikina Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:18 pm

Hearing a knock on her door she bolts upright. As per usual she'd fallen asleep on her couch while trying to do some paper work she had to finish up. Her glasses askew, and her hair sticking up on one side due the odd angle at which she'd been sleeping, Mihoko made her way to the door.
"Hello?" she said as she straightened her glasses and opened the door. Upon seeing Eric on her doorstep she then said
"Oh...Uhhh...let me think a second...Grimm right? What can I do for you today? OH! The tutoring! right, right. Come on in." looking rather silly with her hair still sticking up, she opened the door the rest of the way so that Eric could enter.
Mihoko Ikina
Mihoko Ikina

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Grimm Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:26 am

Faltering for a few seconds on a threshold, Eric finally shrugs and follows the figure retreating into the apartment.

"Thank you, Ikina-sensei." Eric says, stumbling slightly on the unfamiliar honorifics.

I guess I need to be respectful if she's doing me a favor.

"I was wondering if you wanted to make a permanent arrangement? I haven't had the opportunity to chase you up on it since; I managed to find a job in the end." He says, seemingly genuinely pleased.
Eric Grimm
Eric Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:23 am

"That's alright I was a little busy anyway, but yeah lets definitely work out some details here" she said as she rummaged around in the closet by the door before turning around
"Here ya go, I think these should work for ya" she said as she plopped a pair of slippers at Eric's feet and then started to make her way into the living room.
Mihoko Ikina
Mihoko Ikina

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Grimm Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:46 pm

Accepting the slippers with a small "thank you", Eric curses himself silently when Mihoko turns her back.

Take your damn shoes off!

He slips off his shoes and puts on the slippers.

Following the older woman into her living room, Eric pipes up "My job is from 9-3, so I'm pretty flexible with timings." He says, standing in the threshold of the room.
Eric Grimm
Eric Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:31 am

"That works rather well, I'm usually busy up at the school until around 4:30." she replied as she motioned for Eric to go ahead and take a seat.
"There will be a few times when I have to check in on the "Club" I agreed to be the adviser of,though to be honest it's more keeping track of than checking up on. Long story short...it involves Wilson. Ah sorry, getting back on topic here what days will work best for you?" she finally asked through her almost rambling.
Mihoko Ikina
Mihoko Ikina

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Grimm Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:27 am

Eric steps forward and takes a seat on the far side of the couch, and begins to play with his hands nervously. The looming threat of having to have a conversation with somebody he barely knows puts the young man incredibly on edge, and it can almost definitely be heard in his voice when he replies, "I don't work on a Tuesday."

His gaze is mostly focused on the wall, and the brief moments of eye contact he has with Mihoko are quickly severed.
Eric Grimm
Eric Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:35 am

From her seat in her favorite chair across from the couch, Mihoko can tell that the young man before her is feeling quite nervous.
"You seem rather nervous. It's alright, I'm really one of the more easygoing teachers at the school." she said trying to put Grimm at ease

Eric Grimm wrote:"I don't work on a Tuesday."
"Tuesdays should be fine. I may also be having another student or two there as well, that doesn't bother you does it?" she asked.
Mihoko Ikina
Mihoko Ikina

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Grimm Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:24 pm

Yes.

"Not at all." He says calmly.

"Out of interest... what will we be learning? And how do you want to handle... payment. I don't earn all that much, so.. This might be a waste of time." He says, looking into her eyes for possibly the first time for longer than a few seconds.
Eric Grimm
Eric Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:03 pm

[Sorry it took me so long to respond, for some reason I didn't get my notification -_-.]

"Well, my area of specialty is History, but I'm good to teach some of the other subjects as well. We'll cover what ever you need to in order to finish High School. For payment you can study hard and succeed, besides I couldn't put you in the same room as Wilson for several hours AND ask for payment." Mihoko responded.
Mihoko Ikina
Mihoko Ikina

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Grimm Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:21 pm

"W-Wilson...?" Eric says.

That nutjob from the forest...
Eric Grimm
Eric Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:39 am

"Hmm? you know him? yeah, him and another student named Takameshi will be there too." she said before adding
"Would you like some tea?" as she stood up to go and prepare some regardless of Grimm's answer.
Mihoko Ikina
Mihoko Ikina

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Grimm Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:46 am

"Uuuhhh... I wouldn't say know... It was more of a confined encounter."

He stands up as the teacher leaves the room, wondering if he should follow.

"I'm fine for tea, thanks." He says, despite actually being quite thirsty as he didn't want to put her to too much trouble.

Standing in the living room for a while, he eventually decides to follow her into the kitchen, taking slow measured steps and thrusting his hands deep into his pockets.
Eric Grimm
Eric Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:26 pm

After putting the water on Mihoko opened her tea cupboard and turned to call to the living room
"Do you pre-OH!" she broke off mid-word, not expecting Eric to follow her to the kitchen. "you're right there, I didn't notice you follow me in here. Sorry, what I was going to ask was what kind of tea you prefer?" she asked.
Mihoko Ikina
Mihoko Ikina

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Grimm Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:48 am

Did she not hear me?

"I'm fine, thank you." He repeats, hoping she'd actually understand basic communication this time.
Eric Grimm
Eric Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:30 am

"You sure you don't want any? you look kind of thirsty, besides I have plenty and the water is already on to boil."
Mihoko Ikina
Mihoko Ikina

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Grimm Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:11 pm

Eric rocks his head from side to side, "I am not thirsty." he responds.
Eric Grimm
Eric Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Mihoko Ikina Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:28 am

"Alright then, suit your self." she said as she set a box of lose leaf Earl Gray on the counter, and then dug around in a drawer until she found he favorite tea infuser. One shaped like a small person that hung onto the side of the tea pot with what looked like a hook or a claw of some sort.
Mihoko Ikina
Mihoko Ikina

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Grimm Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:07 am

Eric waits patiently while Mihoko makes her drink, staring into space.
Eric Grimm
Eric Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down