KS: The New Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A weapon is inside of me. It allows me to escape.

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A weapon is inside of me. It allows me to escape. Empty A weapon is inside of me. It allows me to escape.

Post by Satoshi Veach Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:39 pm

I have the longest fuse out of anyone I've ever known. Inside of me is a nearly bottomless pit filled with bottled emotions and secrets of others. At the bottom is a slow-burning furnace which sometimes doesn't work fast enough.

In those cases is when one of my mysterious natural talents comes to play.

Myself normally is only defensive. Can fight but only as good as a normal person can if they used a proper stance.

The mysterious part is I become a different person when holding a weapon of some kind. My mind automatically comprehends the science behind everything about the current weapon and I seem to be able to fight better even if there is no formal training.

For these moments I go to the gym to blow off steam.

My arrival at the gym is early. Before school starts. I am calm.

My face shows no emotion as is normal for someone in a room alone.

My backpack is dropped. My clothing is my school uniform. As my feet bring me closer to a punching bag, the top to a case slung around my shoulder is removed and my hands reveal the two tonfas from their home to the world.

The head phones go in my ears and are turned up. "Nikopol Viaru," a song from a show I watched in my childhood is playing.

"A spec of fear grows in your eyes
You'll meet your death in no disguise..."

Even though my face still shows no emotion my aura around me turns black as an eclipse moon.

"Heh."

My arms flail the two weapons around before striking one time after another. The air whistles as it is torn apart and rejoined.

*Whistlewhistlewhistlewhistle-SLAM*

Over and over. Repeating again and again.

*Whistle-SLAM whistle-SLAM whistle-SLAM jabjab-whistle-SLAM!*

I turn and throw a kick. The ball of my foot connects. Turning back to the normal stance, I stay sideways to kick again. The middle of my foot hits the mark high up at my neck height.

*Thump...Thud*

"Faster...faster!"

My movements obey the commands of my voice. I step back to recover from the kicks and twirl the sticks the extend the range of the will of my mind as I walk back to the bag.

*Whistle whistle whistle-whistle-whistlewhistlewhistlewhistlewhistle-SLAM!*

Thinking of all the people that cause my mental build up I continue to obey my own voice. Deep in thought. Not of hurting the people who caused my current feelings, but just funneling all of it into this bag.

"Stronger!"

Both tonfas slam onto each side and I finish the strike with a kick.

*W-whistle SL-LAM thud!*A weapon is inside of me. It allows me to escape. 580583_445416465532281_1032680765_n
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

A weapon is inside of me. It allows me to escape. Empty Re: A weapon is inside of me. It allows me to escape.

Post by Setsuna Sequenze Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:03 pm

*Setsuna thought he is alone,but the noises someone with thongphas made are incredibly easy to hear, he watched him for like 5 minutes now, he finally stops pounding the bag.

It is just more than Setsuna's job to tell him that,if he does this,he is potentially dangering himself*

You are a beginner arent ya?

*it halls from the other side of the hall*

You shouldn't do that.
Setsuna Sequenze
Setsuna Sequenze

Back to top Go down

A weapon is inside of me. It allows me to escape. Empty Re: A weapon is inside of me. It allows me to escape.

Post by Satoshi Veach Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:17 pm

The headphones now out of my ears allow me to hear the only sound in the room other than any I make.

I may seem to have a knack for my weapons but I do need to admit that I am a beginner due to no formal training what so ever.

"Dangerous?"

I have been thrown off balance a few times when I think about it through my normal self.

How long has he been watching me, anyway? I hope not too long, I never let anyone see me like that. Its-...not me..
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Setsuna Sequenze Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:22 pm

Thongphas are supportive, the main damage is still inflicted by body
strengh,contrarary to a sword,which main damage is inflictet by the
blade.

Besides, you are completly off balanced and you have way too much spot where someone can simply overthrow you.

*he breaths in*

If you...Take an supportive weapon,and make it act like a offensive weapon,like a sword, you are expected to lose it.

Knifes
are used that way aswell, they are there to distract,the most dangerous
thing about someone who uses knives,are not the knives,but the arms and
his legs.
Setsuna Sequenze
Setsuna Sequenze

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:47 pm

This guy clearly knows what he's talking about. Is he for real?

"But...I'm kinda hitting a bag. Can't be too distracting towards a bag."

My natural fighting style if I am against someone else, be it unarmed or armed, is to block until an opening is given which is often right after their attack which is the essence of an attack itself. I like my choice of weapons for that reason and the effect it has when you swing it where it gains much speed due to the whipping action you give it. That much I know when it comes to the science and physics of them at least but I'm no master in any martial art.

"Unless you spar with someone else, you can't use many weapons to their full potential. Much like how a shield cannot perform it's main use unless you have an adversary..."

*I twirl them both once, put them together and slip them into the carry bag on my back.*

"...but that didn't stop the spartans from learning how to use one to kill with a single blow from the side of their's. Tonfas are among that group of weapons."

"With my hands I'm useless, but I understand the history and nature of weapons. Makes it possible to get the maximum potential a novice like me can get from one. Even if that 'one' is two halves separated, like these."

(P.S. They really are called tonfas. Look it up. :-P)

"Though, you sound like you know a lot about fighting. Martial artist?"
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Setsuna Sequenze Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:03 pm

Kid, give me your tongpa's, i'll show you something about the true potential of weapons.

And yes, i am the heir to a yakuza family, i was trained all life long. I know how to use 9 different weapons,but i prefer a blade, or throwing knives.

*He chuckles.*

Besides, tonfas are not that group of weaponary, they are supportive,not defensive,not offensive. believe me. I do know how those weapons work.

( i know,its ok^^)
Setsuna Sequenze
Setsuna Sequenze

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:15 pm

"That yakuza thing sure was hard to throw out there, wasn't it?" I say with a light chuckle.

Huh...This kid is rather similar to me.

A thinker and, hey, I got a thing for throwing knives myself. More specifically the kunai. I would of liked a spear but...well, the reason I don't have a spear is quite obvious.

Without a thought I undo the carry on and remove my mental extensions from their home, separate them, slow twirl them as i push up into the air, and grab hold of the business ends.

"Never get tired of that. Here."

I casually hand them to the apparently powerful man so that he may do his thing.
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Setsuna Sequenze Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:41 pm

*He takes out both tonfa's and hold them just the same as Satoshi did.

Watch and learn.

*Setsuna striked from the left, and than from the right,not different than satoshi did, but than he kicked the bag with his right leg and took the speed he gained from the kick to spin himself through his own axis, as he was infront of the punching bag again,he had a very fast pace. He again kicked with the volley he took from spinning himself,this time,the punching bag started to fly wildly. He took one another volley, but this time, he actually striked with his left arm, with the tonfa. he just stood there with a full volley hit hitting the punching bag,not moving,his arm completly straight, but the punching bags bottom half literally took a 70 degree angle.
It spun widely, setsuna holded it off and than focused again.

Showing off again, Setsuna tookk both his arms near his breast and made a charge attack, where he attacked with both tonfa's into the exact middle of the punching bag, again, taking a 70 degree angle as both tonfa's hitted the punching bag.*

I told you it is supportive. I punched it and I kicked it, i never actually used the weapon

*he starts to explain*

It is simple, i took the speed of the volley and apruptly stopped it, so the power is focused on the very edge of the weapon,the punching bag kinda defeated himself.

*After a brief moment, before he handles satoshi his tonfa's back, he showed him his personal pass. It got the in 2018 enforced Golden double eagle on it, which notifiys everyone that he is the heir to a yakuza family.*

Behold for am I,not a imposer of the Sequenze family.

*He waits for an reaction*
Setsuna Sequenze
Setsuna Sequenze

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:18 pm

The fighting was impressive. It's not my style but I could learn to do that some time.

As for the Yakuza part, I am a little impressed but I am also a little in disbelief at how someone would come out and say something like that.

If it weren't for his eyes revealing himself to be generally normal and my nonjudgmental attitude towards someone no matter who they might be, I'm pretty sure I would of just stopped being interesting towards him.

"Y'know, that attitude is what was the downfall of every single European mafia I know of. Sicilian, Italian, German, Irish, even some branches of Mexican cartel members-though as you well know they are still incredibly dominant in that area-were brought in for such attitude. That's also why there aren't many organized families that are left. The yakuza still dominate quite a bit because they keep their reputations clean."

He's rather loud about that sort of thing. He can't be that big of a threat even though he could be if someone pissed him off.

"The way you talk so openly about it is peculiar. Let me guess."

"You may be the heir of a yakuza family but you were never into organized crime, correct?"

"All you care about is leading what you will be head of in the future to prosperity. That's something I respect, and if that is indeed the truth than I suggest you let the people you meet know that right after you mention what you are heir to."

"Just giving you a heads up because there are many judgmental people out there who only see the world as completely black and white."

"You're a cool guy and I'd hate to know of anyone who sees you differently from how I see you."
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Setsuna Sequenze Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:27 pm

You should inform yourself about which familys reign and what they are knowen for, than you would know that i do not like myself be called a "son of a criminal" . And yakuza's are not organised crime, they have a code of honor. Expecilly our family doesnt rip families apart and doesn't scam people as "lifestock". The Sequenze family is known for its fair trade and forgiving attitude. We have contracts passed over 2 generations because they couldn't pay them right away,so we technicly gave them over 100 years more time to do so.

And even if , i am a part of the family and proud of what i am, i am not putting myself any higher,but you wanted to know why i know so much about weapons, and a honest answer is what i gave you. I do not mind spoutting out what i am,because in not less than 10 years, most of japan knows my face anyway,well atleast in tokyo.
Setsuna Sequenze
Setsuna Sequenze

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:59 pm

Ah-ha, so I am correct about him.

"Even the yakuza families involved in crime have a code of honor. I never said you had to be into that stuff but keep in mind that the word 'yakuza' has long been given the misleading title of 'automatically a crime family.'"

I toss my left tonfa against my right in my hand and put them back.

Regardless of his frustration with me, I still shoot him a quick smile. Truly and interesting fellow.

"With all due respect, there's a reason the police and media give them a bad name no matter how a single family may operate."

"I'll bet you understand that more than anyone, including me."

"Heh, I'm just a foreigner after all."
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Setsuna Sequenze Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:14 am

For a forreigner you spout pretty hard words. Obviously i am understanding it better than anyone, mentioning yourself however as "including me" gives people like me the impression that you are arrogant enough to say "You understand it better than me,but i understand it better than the rest".

That is,if you clearly understand not alot, you will expecilly from someone like me,who knows it all, get to hear that this behaviour seriously is not polite whatsoever.

Just a heads up. You are a foreigner after all, people often think of japan as "westernized" and dont know which rules apply here.

Another thing, this world is more twisted than you may think it is. I do not know how ypou think of me,but i would prefer if you have a word called "cognitive" in your mind, whenever you think of me. I am not stating it to be arrogant, i am more saying that although i do know alot, it is not easy to comprehend and most likely not how it really is portrayed in the media. Do not use it as your main source if you want to know the truth.
Setsuna Sequenze
Setsuna Sequenze

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:27 am

Wow, I'm really pissing this guy off and I don't need to look at his eyes to find that. It echos in his voice and in his body language as well.

"Eh, I suppose what I said came out as arrogant and I apologize. I meant it in a way as saying 'I am like everyone else when it comes to that stuff.'"

Hopefully that lets him know of the true intentions behind my words.

I should probably get out of his way soon before his dis-like for me becomes something more than that. All I need is a spot to close the conversation.

Hopefully it works out so my departure leaves us at least on neutral terms, though I must admit that I'm slowly starting to think that may not be as plausible as I'd like.

If only this guy knew how to read body language or eyes.

"I know to apologize when I make a move south."
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Setsuna Sequenze Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:18 pm

Why are you apologising yourself. I am teaching you a valuable lesson.

Listen up, in Japan, you get in trouble for marking someone a Liar. Do not tell me my looks decieved you.
*He is in a fairly serious tone rght now*

Also, the best thing to do in this country is to not make any move's south at all.
If you think you pissed me off,you would have pissed of anyone. Just note it, mentally that is enough already.
Setsuna Sequenze
Setsuna Sequenze

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:54 pm

"Ummm...when did I mark you a liar or get deceived by your looks?"

"It was more the vocabulary used that had me fooled."

"Anyway, the other details are noted."

I shake the hair out of my face and keep drifting in and out of deep thought, though not ever fully leaving thought all together.

Is it more of that he stopped himself from getting any more frustrated with me or was he never all that frustrated with me to begin with.

He reminds me of a father-figure with the unique way I'm being scolded. Is that why I felt the need to have respect from him so much or is it from my lack of past social life?

There's something strange how he looks of the color black but gives off a lighter aura. Like an eclipse.

His personality and way of thinking seem to work hand in hand but clash at the same time. He may be one of the few people I've had trouble deciphering in a long while. He creates a similar (though not exact) effect to looking at infinity or unlimited. Forcing the mind to comprehend it all in an instant.

He's probably more simple than that but, for some reason, his eyes are a more intricate maze to the soul than others'.

This should prove to be someone interesting to truly know. That is, if it's possible.

Noted.

After a long pause between us, I bring up something that my curiosity has been tugging on my metaphorical coat about for a bit now.

"Earlier you mentioned you were trained in..8 different weapons, you said? What were the others besides the thrown projectile and tonfa?"

Possibly a knife, seeing as he talked about the use of one earlier...
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Setsuna Sequenze Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:11 pm

Uhmm, hmm,i know how to use a bow, a katana, a naginata, a bo, a guan dao, throwing knives, tonfa's , pretty much 2 leather gloves with garrotte and a spitpipe. i usually do not have to learn 9 wepaons,but i wanted to. i was always interrested in them.

Why'd you ask?
Setsuna Sequenze
Setsuna Sequenze

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:41 pm

"Because I myself have always been interested in the anatomy of weapons as a whole and I've never personally met a specialist in any of any type."

"I haven't ever got the chance to learn anything like that myself and in full honesty I probably wont be able to until I get a career of some sort after school."

"I'm the type of person who wants to do so many more things than other people but never can."

"But anyway, it'll be nice to learn something like how to correctly use tonfas. The only down side is my taste in weaponry is a bit exotic. Save for the tonfas and thrown weapons."

"Now, what I want to learn how to use right is a halberd, a claymore, katars, a sword and shield, a crossbow, a long bow, a falcata, and a romphaia."

"The problem with a few of those is I don't think many people know how to use them. For instance, the falcata was used by Carthage and a romphaia by the early tribal areas around and in Thrace. I may end up having to learn from research or something unless I were able to travel."

A hell-of-a distance from Japan. If anywhere, I could find someone in America but learning something like how to professionally use a weapon could take a little time unless it's something like the crossbow. People could take as little as a week to learn how to use one before going to fight.

"That's basically the outline of why I'm interested in such things."
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Setsuna Sequenze Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:43 pm

Most of those weapons work similar, just use one and you know them all.

That is the basic idea of weaponary,they just got a different focus.

A guan dao is much much heavier than a Naginata,but a naginata is a little longer, both of them work the same really.
Setsuna Sequenze
Setsuna Sequenze

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:27 pm

"Suppose your correct. Especially between the Romphaia and Falcata. One for a way around a Roman tower shield and another for phalanx formations. The Claymore also was used for charging pike formations-and I am probably boring by now-point is those three may differ in size but they are indeed similar.
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Setsuna Sequenze Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:02 pm

well they differ in wheight and how your muscles react on them. You cant just stop 40 kilo like you can stop a 10 kilo naginata,a 40 kilo guan dao will tear yourself appart if you just stop it mid air,you have to swing it. as an example.
Setsuna Sequenze
Setsuna Sequenze

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:11 pm

I never mentioned the weight difference but he is correct.

"Yeah. The claymore is a bit of a difference between the other two weapons as well. For a big difference between the falcata and rhomphaia it depends on if you're using a one or two-handed variant of the rhomphaia."

Wait, could this guy be able to enjoy a conversation like I can? I've never met another who-...This guy is definitely different.
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Setsuna Sequenze Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:15 pm

I do not really care for european weapons,they are inferior. Everyone who says a german bastardsword is sharper than a katana is an idiot.

It only penetrates armor because it wheights so much more, a katana can cut through ice,no blade exept one can do it.

In other words, i do not really know those weapons, ijust know how they work and look like, but i am not certain whetever or not they are stronger than the japanese or chinese counterpart. I do highly doubt it.
Setsuna Sequenze
Setsuna Sequenze

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:31 pm

"When did I say that?"

"For ingenuity I like European weapons but if shear power or cutting ability in a lighter delivery system is your thing then you go here."

"I've always had my fascination in weapons that either use power by size or by decisive contact. For instance, take the Roman Pilum."

"Thrown before a charge, if it hit you anywhere you were either hindered or dead. The way the metal on the tip worked is it would bend when impaling like a rifle bullet so it was very difficult to get out. Even if it was blocked it rendered your shield useless."

"That's the style I'm fascinated by."

"I don't know why the katana's ability to cut through just about anything never really captivated me but, I don't know, my interests are weird."
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Setsuna Sequenze Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:34 pm

You didn't , it was a statement.

Basicly,what i wanted to say is,that a pillum doesnt help you if i can dodge it, or even better , can slice it in 2. Or the best thing, if you simply cant throw it because you have a knife in your breast. Get the idea? Swiftness is stronger than sheer power. It has always been,why do you think that 3000 longbow archer defeated 7500 crossbowarcher in the holy wars? The crusades i mean.
Setsuna Sequenze
Setsuna Sequenze

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoshi Veach Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:44 pm

"Two pila were usually carried by the legionaries along with a tower shield and a gladius. The Roman's knew about the possibility of a miss and only used them to weaken a front line. Much like the way a warrior archer was used."

"As for the bow verses the crossbow in the holy wars, that's true but keep in mind that the bow is a universal weapon much like a club or spear. Just because it was European, doesn't make it a bad weapon. It was just misused if you ask me."

"For instance, the English long bow was a huge success with just about every war it has been in."
Satoshi Veach
Satoshi Veach

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next